Armas/Joker Store Opinion  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Ignoring how the guns would be priced (assume they would start past $10k at the very least), how would you feel if 0 slot versions of armas guns were made progression rewards for contacts?

• Sounds like a good idea
    • The idea could use a bit of tweaking
    • Sounds like a terrible idea
  2. 2. How would you feel if getting guns from the joker store was made easier in some sort of capacity? (this can either be a price reduction or an increase in joker tickets from fight club)

• Sounds like a good idea
    • The idea could use a bit of tweaking
    • Sounds like a terrible idea

This week's poll will be 2 polls instead (sorry in advance for the huge chunk of text for the questions)

If you've been with apb for a long time, you will have heard the term "p2w" thrown around a lot at least once. This most likely stems from players being killed by weapons which are not available from contacts (could be wrong on this)

There is the joker store, but aside from missing some armas weapons, there are varying opinions on the ease of access of weapons from it

So the topic this week is making weapons from armas more accessible (but not too accessible to the point armas market becomes redundant). What's your opinion on the topic?

The best way for LO to make changes that will be accepted is to voice our opinions in an easy analysable manner, so let's put our initial opinions out in the open for them

Edited by Weeb TheEpicGuyV2
  • Like 2

having 0 slots variants is fair, even one slots

as for the joker store, i think it's a bad idea well actually i don't really know, the guns are specifically priced to keep the players in the game, making them easier to obtain would probably make more people happy but in the end it would require less effort and thus less playtime lowering the playerbase.

(tho, that's considering people actually care about joker store guns....)

Ahem, i don't truly have a set opinion on your second poll, i just think the Joker store should be completely revamped .

This suggestion here reflects perfectly my thoughts on how the joker store should be, it should be an armas alternative for loyal players, while of course keeping it's exclusives, such as the firebomb and it's other playermade vehicles.

APB Innova had character bound guns for 30k Joker tickets if i remember correctly.

Edited by Ketog
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ketog said:

Ahem, i don't truely have a set opinion on your second poll, i just think the Joker store should be completely revamped .

4th option then?

Edit: actually it wouldn't fit in with the question asked. Nvm

Edited by Weeb TheEpicGuyV2

18 minutes ago, Ketog said:

having 0 slots varients is fair, even one slots

as for the joker store, i think it's a bad idea, the guns are specifically priced to keep the player in the game, making it easier could probably make more people happy for sure but in the end it would require less effort and thus less playtime aka having a lower playerbase

(that's considering people actually care about joker store guns....)

Ahem, i don't truely have a set opinion on your second poll, i just think the Joker store should be completely revamped .

This suggestion here reflects perfectly my thoughts on how the joker store should be

it should be an armas alternative for loyal players, while of course keeping it's exclusives, such as the firebomb and it's other playermade vehicles.

APB Innova had character bound guns for 30k Joker tickets if i remember correctly.

Weapons, a core mechanic that affects the game greatly, shouldn't be an exclusive item to the armas store, cosmetics and other services should be. All armas weapons should be able to be obtained by all players. If they want to make it so you can buy it perm on the armas store that is fine, but all players should be able to get any weap that is on the armas store some way in game.

Edited by Willy Wonka
  • Like 1

New players should have better access to Joker Tickets.

It is nice that we have gotten additional Joker Ticket activities in the districts, but iirc G1 lowered the FC rewards when that came.

Edited by LilyV3

44 minutes ago, Ketog said:

That's correct.

Just remove additional "$" requirements on JT store, also add more Armas items..

I gotta give it to you Weeb - your polls are the only thing that I browse thru on the forums nowadays. Props to you my dude.

Good polls. 

I voted "sounds like a good idea" for both.

Don't @ me.

Imo, i'd rather joker ticket weapon had a longer lease time instead.

But to be blunt, there is a lot that could be done with joker tickets, such as exchanging them for apb$ or alternatively using it as a second currency on the marketplace.

1 hour ago, Szambi said:

I gotta give it to you Weeb - your polls are the only thing that I browse thru on the forums nowadays. Props to you my dude.

Glad someone enjoys them

The only issue is coming up with topics for the polls each week

The week I didn't do a poll in "consideration" of the Riot test stress was really because I didn't have a topic at hand

i think i'd prefer the only way to get permanent weapons to be from the joker store - i saw someone say 30k JT for a character bound weapon, that seems like a decent tradeoff between time invested/free stuff

in order to trim down the p2w perceptions and also add some meaning to other areas of the game, i'd rather have progressing through each weapon role unlock all weapons (including armas-exclusive and reskins) from that class to lease, for example

• reaching rifleman role 5 unlocks lease options for 0slot versions of every assault rifle
  • reaching rifleman 10 unlocks lease options for 1slot versions
  • reaching rifleman 15 unlocks lease options for 2slot verions
  • reaching rifleman 16 could either unlock lease options for 3slot versions or allow a player to choose 1 permanent 2slot version from the weapon class, im undecided

there are some issues with these systems (preset weapons, weapons with unique placeholder mods, etc) but i think, along with some other minor changes, they could go a long way towards improving the new(-ish) player experience

Edited by Glaciers
typo
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Glaciers said:

i think i'd prefer the only way to get permanent weapons to be from the joker store - i saw someone say 30k JT for a character bound weapon, that seems like a decent tradeoff between time invested/free stuff

in order to trim down the p2w perceptions and also add some meaning to other areas of the game, i'd rather have progressing through each weapon role unlock all weapons (including armas-exclusive and reskins) from that class to lease, for example

• reaching rifleman role 5 unlocks lease options for 0slot versions of every assault rifle
  • reaching rifleman 10 unlocks lease options for 1slot versions
  • reaching rifleman 15 unlocks lease options for 2slot verions
  • reaching rifleman 16 could either unlock lease options for 3slot versions or allow a player to choose 1 permanent 2slot version from the weapon class, im undecided

there are some issues with these systems (preset weapons, weapons with unique placeholder mods, etc) but i think, along with some other minor changes, they could go a long way towards improving the new(-sh) player experience

Sounds good, it gives players even better reason to grind roles and tickets. Also it would be interesting if there could be preset weapons with some kind of mod randomizer option.

A customers visiting a restaurant held a vote to see if the other customers wanted more free stuff before the meal other than the bread. They agreed it would be great with a free coke, a salad, some pancakes and a pre taste of the desert.

Edited by SilverCrow

10 minutes ago, SilverCrow said:

A customers visiting a restaurant held a vote to see if the other customers wanted more free stuff before the meal other than the bread. They agreed it would be great with a free coke, a salad, some pancakes and a pre taste of the desert. They showed the result of the vote to the restaurant owner who wondered how the heck they thought he was going to earn enough money if they got all they wanted.

if the customers are offering to work before making their own meals and afterwards offering to stay and clean up isnt it a good compromise?

i hate analogies can we not do this

14 hours ago, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

If you've been with apb for a long time, you will have heard the term "p2w" thrown around a lot at least once. This most likely stems from players being killed by weapons which are not available from contacts (could be wrong on this)

I've held the opinion that most of the "p2w" being bandied about re: APB is a communication issue - the game miscommunicates (is that even a word idk) the value of some weapons vs. others with the weird scoreboard/elsewhere icon coloring for many weapons, it doesn't clearly communicate what weapons a fresh player can and cannot access at rank 1 vs rank <insert max value here> and it doesn't really point out that the joker store is important and that you, the newcomer, stay on top of it. We'll need to deal with that at some point while we fix everything else with the game (preferably via tutorial changes).

also thanks @Ketog for helping to keep my dream suggestion alive!