YeOldLegends

Engine Upgrade Pictures

Hello everyone,

Β 

Don't post often but I feel like I need to post this and just be blatant about it. This post is for @MattScott.

Β 

Hey Matt. Genuinely from the bottom of my heart. We don't give a fuck as a community how ugly the upgrade may look and we all understand that there are kinks in the development process because like 70% of the player base are tech people. Now, this is coming from me alone but I want to see evidence and pictures of what's to come I don't give a shit about what stage it's at right now I just want to see it if I am going to continue supporting the game and or even interested in the game. I don't think anyone else gives a shit what stage the game is at or what it looks like, I feel like everyone just wants proof of the concept. You understand its like G1 kinda ruined this communities trust. You guys started off strong by constant updates and you guys posting and pictures and other interesting things that may have been useful. Now its some deadbeat post about a game mode no one gives a shit about (RIOT) and a bunch of other useless things that 70% of the community doesn't care about. Honestly if you really care about APB, let the testers post pictures. If you really are so set on having the game look perfect just allow them to take pictures of the "notΒ bugged stuff" and I feel like the community would be happy with that. I am sorry but when you claim something then go dead silent on it when someone asks for pictures or proof or just make constant excuses that makes my bullshoot radar go off, but hey that's just me.

Β 

Best Regards,

PullOutDad, HairyPickle

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

If this is a question for Matt himself, why not just DM him?

Β 

Screenshots will come when they feel that's appropriate.Β 

• Thanks 2

not really sure what screenshots would prove tbh, we got quite a few screenshots of the engine upgrade from g1 and look at where we are with them now

Β 

a list of performance statistics or even a raw, unedited video of someone driving around with /fps open would be far more beneficial for the community to see

• Thanks 1

I can kinda agree, I mean it's up to Little Orbit on how they want to run things. But they could take a leaf out of Facepunch's journal and do a development blog with frequent (biweekly/monthly) posts on what's going on, and what to expect. I like Little Orbit for keeping one of my favorite games alive, and would love to keep playing well into the future. But it's not like this game has much competition, and it's already an officially released title with a somewhat skeptical community following along. So I'm not sure what all the hush hush is about.

Β 

I'm just being patient mostly, but it would be nice to have a few teasers here and there of what things are looking like. G1 already crushed our Hope's and dreams once, all the community needs is a good moral booster, especially with summer right around the corner. The current blog kinda lacks flavor, a little meat to chew on would be nice.

Β 

Either way I'm still happy that Little Orbit is actually trying to fix the game. I've been around since RTW and it's been a bumpy ride, but things seem to be smoothing out slowly but surely.

Want unfinished screenshots?Β 

Just Google image search APB PS4.Β 

Β 

There, happy?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, dogfish said:

Still waiting for those screenshots

Β 

yes please! i need to know what my characters will look likeΒ 

1 hour ago, Ldy_Natalia said:

yes please! i need to know what my characters will look likeΒ 

Oh dear, are you under the impression that it will be a huge difference?Β 

Β 

Please, Google console APB. It likely won't look a whole lot different than that afaik.Β 

24 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Google console APB

i6jciq.jpg

Β 

Pretty cool =))

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Roxane said:

i6jciq.jpg

Β 

Pretty cool =))

Lol... Scroll down a bit and this pops up.Β 

zhEwU0W.jpg

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Lol... Scroll down a bit and this pops up.Β 

zhEwU0W.jpg

The blocky lego hair and the swollen lip light shading, is from the old engine right??? πŸ˜„Β 

12 minutes ago, Tigrix said:

The blocky lego hair and the swollen lip light shading, is from the old engine right??? πŸ˜„Β 

You wish.Β 

Β 

Β 

Lol... This may be why Matt doesn't want to post pics until the new look is ready.Β 

5 hours ago, YeOldLegends said:

Hey Matt. Genuinely from the bottom of my heart. We don't give a ---- as a community how ugly the upgrade may look

I do soΒ  please do not speak for me.

26 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

I do soΒ  please do not speak for me.

genuine question, why?

Β 

regardless of the β€œclassic” apb stylistic art direction, the game itself is dated and it very much looks it

Β 

and while the engine upgrade might bring the gfx into this decade, the unreal 3.5 version is from 2013 - during a period (that’s still continuing imo) where gfx are getting almost exponentially better with every year/release,Β i think the engine upgrade will be visually closer to 2006 apb than 2019 anythingΒ 

Β 

and all that aside, do youΒ really careΒ what the game looks like if it (still) doesn’t run correctly?

Β 

Β 

Edited by Glaciers
typo

Al right, here's a sneak pic for ya:

5X6d5IT.jpg

Today was a big day for @apb_reloaded. We got our first look at the new multithreaded rendering system for the engine upgrade. The goal is to polish up the loose ends through the weekend and getting it into testers’ hands on Monday. Screenshots coming after that.
This was posted 5th april and now it is 21st may. We havent heard or seen anything in those 48 days.

Even if we can't get screenshots, i'd like to have a little update on it still, matt said he would try to show screenshots weeks ago on twitter but he didn't.

Β 

I'd be nice to know where the engine upgrade is.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Ketog said:

Even if we can't get screenshots, i'd like to have a little update on it still, matt said he would try to show screenshots weeks ago on twitter but he didn't.

Β 

I'd be nice to know where the engine upgrade is.

Agree πŸ™‚

Speak for yourself. I care about how ugly it looks.

the only images ive seen were released by g1.

Β 

y is g1 getting points for sharing shit that is probably fake at this point when LO hasnt shared shit?

I think in General we deserve more information .

• Like 1