vfterlife

Tiggs, its you? Little Orbit does not exist

1 minute ago, Glaciers said:

the update to unreal 4 will require a total rewrite anyway, at this point the 3.5 upgrade is just to ensure the game doesn’t die in the meantime 

exactly why its a must to fix the spaghetti coding first.

As for a total rewrite I'm not certain what they do and do not need to do because otherwise they'd just jump to the newest version if it was only a total rewrite thing needed.

rip apb then. 2010 were its best 2 1/2 months. still being friended with ppl i met back then.

On 5/26/2019 at 8:53 PM, Fortune Runner said:

sales meant to milk us to distract how we were in fact betrayed is not a  +

And no sales would mean the game shuttered and sunsetted a long time ago.  People only purchased things because they loved and wanted to support the game.  Why exactly are you even here posting if you don't think APB should survive, because while under G1 you wanna play fanboi so hard you lose all perspective and rationality?  Without the sales, APB has ZERO means of support and dies... doesn't matter WHAT company is owner.

a false ban anticheat is not a + and a merge for a dead server that is wasting money is a necessity so still not a  +

It wasn't always that way... that's just what it deteriorated into. Punkbuster worked at insta banning a lot of public cheats which, at one point in time were flooding this game.  In fact Mr. Epic Goat used to write free cheats and give them to the public.  Punkbuster was really good at snagging all that.  It was NEVER good as a standalone... nor was Fairfight any good WITHOUT Punkbuster as a clientside anticheat... which BattleEye replaced under LO.

For the longest time.... years in fact, G1 Devs were actually in game banning people. Revoemag I think it was used to teleport cheaters on top of buildings. Jericho banned Goat for life. For a long time G1 and the old RTW crew did a great job policing the game... but they lost interest and stopped logging in and eventually quit or were laid off... Tiggs wasn't even around then... but when Tiggs first joined she was the hardest working Dev I've ever seen.  She brought in Fairfight to supplement a weak Punkbuster... and at first G1 was actually PAYING for updates... and the game had a golden time.

G1 introduced a ton of content... they gave us new breed content: contacts Ernst Mule Templeton and Birth, and new titles, and new items in Armas, new weapon skins, and even new weapons... albeit most were simply reskins... but something is better than nothing.  We got the Stac 10, the brick and eight-ball, a host of new stuff like fragile, wide-radius field supplier, car surfer, spotter, flak jacket. We got new cars, new car kits, the Asylum district... it sorta sounds like you're very new to this game and don't have a clue.

In 1 year what exactly did you say LO gave us? 

For a long time Fairfight worked amazing... it was slow, but it compiled statistics... and at first G1 was trying to be fair and judicious with bans while working on their proprietary in-house anti-cheat which NEVER was as effective as Russia's APB Innova server and their proprietary Frost anticheat and in-game GMs.  But G1 did try to imitate Innova's succesful platform... over the years people learned how to game Fairfight by deliberately misfiring several rounds to establish inaccuracy, and then toggling aim/triggerbots to win losing games... these guys could never get caught. Anyways over time G1 wasn't generating the revenue it had before and FF stopped being updated and G1 monkeyed with the settings until maybe the last year when anybody was getting manual bans in FF's name....

But it wasn't always this way, there was a steady deterioration from something actually fair and great to... well crapola.  I'm recalling the best of times in APB under G1... and I acknowledged LO inherited the wind... but they haven't done anything in a year worth a darn... perhaps they will, but I think the population decline is because the veteran playerbase at large no longer believes them.

3 minutes ago, Hey! said:

. Punkbuster worked at insta banning a lot of public cheats which, at one point in time were flooding this game.  

punkbuster was worthless from day 1 of RTW, not only was it horrible at actually detecting cheats but it caused numerous performance issues

8 minutes ago, Hey! said:

Tiggs wasn't even around then... but when Tiggs first joined she was the hardest working Dev I've ever seen.  She brought in Fairfight to supplement a weak Punkbuster... and at first G1 was actually PAYING for updates... and the game had a golden time.

tiggs was a CM, and she remained so until 2017(?) when she became the latest in the long line of producers that g1 went through like a coke fiend doing lines

while i will freely admit that she communicated frequently after she was first hired theres almost no possibility she had any input on development issues

5 minutes ago, Hey! said:

G1 introduced a ton of content... they gave us new breed content: contacts Ernst Mule Templeton and Birth, and new titles, and new items in Armas, new weapon skins, and even new weapons... albeit most were simply reskins... but something is better than nothing.  We got the Stac 10, the brick and eight-ball, a host of new stuff like fragile, wide-radius field supplier, car surfer, spotter, flak jacket. We got new cars, new car kits, the Asylum district... it sorta sounds like you're very new to this game and don't have a clue.

off the top of my head

• weapon balance
  • new events
  • 1.5 new guns
  • armas price reduction
  • armas layout revamp
  • new symbols
  • new anticheat
  • new titles
  • new engagement via social media

14 minutes ago, Hey! said:

and at first G1 was [...] working on their proprietary in-house anti-cheat 

19 minutes ago, Hey! said:

But G1 did try to imitate Innova's succesful platform... 

are you going to spin this as a positive for g1 while simultaneously ignoring that orbit is also working on their own inhouse anticheat measures?

g1 never attempted to replicate innova's platform (a highly invasive and unique [game specific?] client side anticheat) despite its apparent success, this was a very hot button forum topic over the years

17 minutes ago, Hey! said:

over the years people learned how to game Fairfight by deliberately misfiring several rounds to establish inaccuracy, and then toggling aim/triggerbots to win losing games... these guys could never get caught. 

this isnt how you fool fairfight

even if it was it would render half of your post irrelevant because fairfight would be an obsolete anticheat across the industry, and g1 would be the company that implemented 2 failed anticheats

p.s. you fucked up quotes again

1 hour ago, Hey! said:

And no sales would mean the game shuttered and sunsetted a long time ago.  People only purchased things because they loved and wanted to support the game.  Why exactly are you even here posting if you don't think APB should survive, because while under G1 you wanna play fanboi so hard you lose all perspective and rationality?  Without the sales, APB has ZERO means of support and dies... doesn't matter WHAT company is owner.

Complete and utter B.S.

People buy regardless of sales and putting pressure on people to buy to milk is never ok.

And personally attacking me when I , me , myself have said the past year to support APB . and that i spend my money on APB when i can because of it?

you c;clearly don't know me and have no right to give personal attacks to me like that.

1 hour ago, Hey! said:

It wasn't always that way... that's just what it deteriorated into. Punkbuster worked at insta banning a lot of public cheats which, at one point in time were flooding this game.  In fact Mr. Epic Goat used to write free cheats and give them to the public.  Punkbuster was really good at snagging all that.  It was NEVER good as a standalone... nor was Fairfight any good WITHOUT Punkbuster as a clientside anticheat... which BattleEye replaced under LO.

For the longest time.... years in fact, G1 Devs were actually in game banning people. Revoemag I think it was used to teleport cheaters on top of buildings. Jericho banned Goat for life. For a long time G1 and the old RTW crew did a great job policing the game... but they lost interest and stopped logging in and eventually quit or were laid off... Tiggs wasn't even around then... but when Tiggs first joined she was the hardest working Dev I've ever seen.  She brought in Fairfight to supplement a weak Punkbuster... and at first G1 was actually PAYING for updates... and the game had a golden time.

That was also proven to be false bans.

not to mention temperamental ones for any reason/excuse

And of course the ratio of cheaters to legit players was horrid back then.

Merged.

1 hour ago, Hey! said:

If i remember correctly most of that existed from RTW

Btw you compare one year to how many for G1 ? sigh

1 hour ago, Hey! said:

more than you care to admit.

there's plenty of threads DETAILING all of this and you've posted on some of them as well.

1 hour ago, Hey! said:

For a long time Fairfight worked amazing... it was slow, but it compiled statistics... and at first G1 was trying to be fair and judicious with bans while working on their proprietary in-house anti-cheat which NEVER was as effective as Russia's APB Innova server and their proprietary Frost anticheat and in-game GMs.  But G1 did try to imitate Innova's succesful platform... over the years people learned how to game Fairfight by deliberately misfiring several rounds to establish inaccuracy, and then toggling aim/triggerbots to win losing games... these guys could never get caught. Anyways over time G1 wasn't generating the revenue it had before and FF stopped being updated and G1 monkeyed with the settings until maybe the last year when anybody was getting manual bans in FF's name....

But it wasn't always this way, there was a steady deterioration from something actually fair and great to... well crapola.  I'm recalling the best of times in APB under G1... and I acknowledged LO inherited the wind... but they haven't done anything in a year worth a darn... perhaps they will, but I think the population decline is because the veteran playerbase at large no longer believes them.

Ff was never "amazing" . you really don't seem to know much about anti cheats.

Which by the way , comparing to private servers, does not help your case much.