Sign in to follow this  
Equilibrio

Bans for Getting Boosted

So we all know how the process works, a cheater gets banned, they re-roll and re group right back up with their friends. If you play enough you'll always see a low ranked player grouped with max ranked players. They'll use the low rank to carry the group by giving out the enemies position, etc.

And no I'm not saying ban anyone who groups with these guys, I'm saying there needs to be consequences to those CONSISTENTLY grouping up with these blatants. Now I did a quick search on boosting, but nothing came up. I'm not sure of the reason, but I think if were to be implemented the game could get cleaned up a lot faster. These cheaters love to stick together, so why not ban them together as well. 

• Like 1

It is healthy for veterans to help give constructive criticism and advice to new-comers. I encourage mentoring as much as possible as verbal or written guidance can only go so far without some in game feedback.

It makes me chuckle inside sadly how you think rerolls should be banned after regrouping and boosting each other, as if blatantly cheating wasn't a reason enough.

I don't mean to derail this thread but I think subject should be debating the punishment's extent and severity, rather than what should be punishable.

2 hours ago, VickyFox said:

It is healthy for veterans to help give constructive criticism and advice to new-comers. I encourage mentoring as much as possible as verbal or written guidance can only go so far without some in game feedback.

It makes me chuckle inside sadly how you think rerolls should be banned after regrouping and boosting each other, as if blatantly cheating wasn't a reason enough.

I don't mean to derail this thread but I think subject should be debating the punishment's extent and severity, rather than what should be punishable.

This topic is clearly about players who constantly have a buddy cheating, which constantly is using an alt account which also constantly gets banned because he is pretty blatantly cheating. There are indeed quite a few player who play "legit" but always have another low rank carry character amongst them who ensures that they win. On most servers these people and clans are petty well known.  The issue is those guys can always claim "we are not cheating" because their accounts are actually not cheating and just getting carried by their cheater buddy. And this behavior doesn't gets punished.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

This topic is clearly about players who constantly have a buddy cheating, which constantly is using an alt account which also constantly gets banned because he is pretty blatantly cheating. There are indeed quite a few player who play "legit" but always have another low rank carry character amongst them who ensures that they win. On most servers these people and clans are petty well known.  The issue is those guys can always claim "we are not cheating" because their accounts are actually not cheating and just getting carried by their cheater buddy. And this behavior doesn't gets punished.

YES !!!

+

Add hours spent on that account in scoreboard (like total hours of all characters combined)
Ban multiaccounts - or just block creating them for those ppl (dethreat avoidness) - playing on bronze servers and after day ends they reroll on another account next day still playing on bronze with another account ...
you dont need to make new accounts if u play fair and legit

On 5/20/2019 at 1:20 AM, VickyFox said:

What I said went right over your head didn't it. 

On 5/20/2019 at 12:50 PM, LilyV3 said:

There are indeed quite a few player who play "legit" but always have another low rank carry character amongst them who ensures that they win.

G1 banned quite a few players who often grouped up with the same cheaters after giving a global warning (on the matter itself) on the forums back then. I haven't seen any new 'set of rules' on this so is it fair to asume that this is still in play?

Edited by Spy

2 hours ago, Spy said:

G1 banned quite a few players who often grouped up with the same cheaters after giving a global warning (on the matter itself) on the forums back then. I haven't seen any new 'set of rules' on this so is it fair to asume that this is still in play?

and LO nullified this by unbanning everyone, so in the end it was pointless. And so far we do not know LO's stance upon this, nor have i seen or heard of such actions from LO side.

I agree 100%, when a cheater gets banned he will just make a new account and go right back with his friends, you see it all the time max ranks playing with a super suspicious low rank gold who always knows where you are. The cheaters "friends" should also receive a ban. Banning cheaters will in the short term lower the player population, but in the long run players will come back to the game they know and love if the cheating problem has been dealt with. That's why over the years we have gone from thousands of players playing to a few hundred. It's not because the game is old or there isn't a new engine, nor is it because this game doesn't have a battle royal. The reason many players leave and refuse to come back is because cheaters ruin the game for them and there is no noticeable punishment for the cheaters. 

• Thanks 1