Fenton

Community standards of behavior.

42 minutes ago, Shimmer said:

APB has one of the most toxic communities I've ever been exposed too in my life.

huh?

aside from the ffbans site (where doxxing was frequent) apb is probably one of the least toxic communities ive been a part of, its on par with some pve games lol

Just now, Glaciers said:

huh?

aside from the ffbans site (where doxxing was frequent) apb is probably one of the least toxic communities ive been a part of, its on par with some pve games lol

Ive literally played every mmo since swg, and this is one i play off and on again and yes, its terribly toxic.   Have you been playing a hello kitty version of this game?

4 minutes ago, Shimmer said:

Ive literally played every mmo since swg, and this is one i play off and on again and yes, its terribly toxic.   Have you been playing a hello kitty version of this game?

apparently ive been playing the grown up edition because aside from some griefing/ghosting and some teamkilling ive never had any toxicity issues with apb

it probably helps that i dont have the pathological need to physically respond to every "mean" thing i read in district chat, i notice a lot of apb players seem to suffer from that

7 minutes ago, Shimmer said:

Going to have to disagree there. 

Perhaps you are a bit too sensitive?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

Going to have to disagree there. 

Perhaps you are a bit too sensitive?

lmao ok peanut, when i log back in ill take some screenshots 🙂

1 minute ago, Shimmer said:

lmao ok peanut, when i log back in ill take some screenshots 🙂

Do the words hurt you?

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

Do the words hurt you?

Nope 🙂

On 5/21/2019 at 6:08 PM, Mitne said:

Suddenly I imagined some toxic deaf person swearing on everyone in sign language. Lmao.

/angry /angry /angry /chicken /chicken  /chicken /insult /insult /insult /taunt /taunt /taunt /threaten /threaten /threaten
/surrender

we need a health and welfare committee like discord

and let it be ran by a bunch of furries.

that will solve all of our problems, and totally wont bring backlash for censoring people for being mean

awwww you're a speshul snowflake aren't ya? there's a little thing called freedom of speech and expression. People have the right to say whatever they want. Nobody's forcing you to read the chat. 

• Thanks 1

I get the occaisional salty message I find the rage quite entertaining.

Sticks and stones etc.

Life is too short to worry about mean things people say on the internet.

If you really are so fragile that you can't take a bit of trash talk then turn the chat off, simple, there's no need to censor an entire community just because one member is a little too  sensitive.

• Like 1

Looks like LO is now enforcing a standard of behaviour...

Well, that's new.

Is it good though? Well....

My thoughts on the matter, even though no-one asked: having any policy toward comments / behaviour is pretty pointless. All it does is chastise those who have 'main' or primary accounts - if people want to spout off vitriol, and potentially... be racist - they can spam make accounts for just such a purpose.

It literally takes no more than 5m to create an account and character, then cobble together a swastika, and trigger autists caring individuals.

I know there is going to be the 'mature' gang who are horrified by the idea of people being childish or stupid, because hey, we should all be boomers adults - but why?

I get that people want to enforce anti-racism etc. I mean, swastikas etc, are more of an issue than just rude words (something to do with Germany, and servers) but anything beyond blatant racism... Who cares?

Like others have already said.

/ignore (player name)

If you disagree with me, hate me, or literally anything - I don't care. Message me hate if you want, I won't lose any sleep.

Edited by Intake

On 5/18/2019 at 6:42 PM, Recon_Puppy said:

The problem with that is the overall toxicity is unattractive for new players, just because you ignore them doesn't mean everyone does and it still poses a problem for the new people wanting to test out the game. This isn't to say we have to ban them for toxicity, that'd be too much of an overreaction. However a chat timeout would be a good countermeasure to detected toxicity.

i have to side with the other guy - "just because you mute the guy wont make the toxic behaviour dissapear" (griefing, dethreating, etc...), and as much as you like to fight harder opposition, most players dont like to get stomped without any chance of winning, wich will scare away most new players.

On 5/18/2019 at 8:55 PM, Alani said:

this thread is just bait for some stupid argument to happen 

idk if i would go as far as to say "bait", but at least a ticking bomb (dang it bear, good timing to show up! - ei, i dont control my irregular hibernation periods ok?)

On 5/19/2019 at 7:31 AM, Fenton said:

This is true. Being an international community as well, the line between the two can be pretty blurred as common insults in one place could be a deathly insult in another.

and deadly insults in one place can be no problems in others

On 5/19/2019 at 10:16 AM, Queen of Love said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broken_windows_theory

An old post of a veteran (Sho.) explained it very well.

The game has been a bit vandalized (G. Co.)

And is hard restore the damage (OOB,N-bug,Threat Locking,Teamkick) 

Also with all effort possible (ty LO ❤️ ) it still appears ruined.

Solution: Clean and Fresh Air first. Add something funny after restore the good old APB.

1st thing to do : This: 

ditto,ditto, dang it, are you trying to kill me with nostalgia?

On 5/20/2019 at 7:17 PM, Mitne said:

You can /ignore tho.

Btw. I prefer consequences of free speech, than policing anything.

I see it too much in games lately and honestly i'm not happy from results.

ditto, i just hope rainbow six siege doesnt repeat.

ubisoft:"lets reduce toxicity with this automated system that bans you as soon as you say a -bad- word!" 

trolls: "now, how can i make innocent players say the -bad- word?"

community:-system alert: toxicity levels rising-

On 5/20/2019 at 10:18 PM, Recon_Puppy said:

Thats because generally games aren't handling it properly. The /ignore only goes so far and the ignore list is only so big, it'd be much easier to properly set something up to deal with it. Even if it means changing the toxic statements into something funny/witty. 

does that makes anybody happy? like, yeah, it shows "you're a fucking ******" or "you're a fucking good person!"(whenever people is not finding ways to trespass the system), but deep down you know what the real messenge was.

anyways, if it does makes anybody happy, as long as i can disable it, im fine with a system like that.

10 hours ago, Pedroxin said:

awwww you're a speshul snowflake aren't ya? there's a little thing called freedom of speech and expression. People have the right to say whatever they want. Nobody's forcing you to read the chat. 

Once again this is not the U.S.A. government , but is a private game company.

Free speech does not apply here.

With that said if someone talks trash to you guys , let your weapons do the talking.

It is why we are here to begin with.

Kiss kiss bang bang.

It is quite amazing how different the communication standards between the MWO and APB community are. Also, how strictly both are enforced in game and in forum. So definitely the unwilling for properly enforcing the rules has it's part in how the APB standards went down.

At least part of it is owed to how small the community is and the fact that everyone knows each other to some degree. Much easier to build grudges facing each other on a regular basis than if you were matched with a bigger pool of players.

Toxicity in district chat is reduced from a few years ago. I rarely get truly insulting whispers anymore, too.

GTA Online public lobbies are honestly more toxic more often than /d in APB.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, TheOppositePolarBear said:

i have to side with the other guy - "just because you mute the guy wont make the toxic behaviour dissapear" (griefing, dethreating, etc...), and as much as you like to fight harder opposition, most players dont like to get stomped without any chance of winning, wich will scare away most new players.

does that makes anybody happy? like, yeah, it shows "you're a fucking ******" or "you're a fucking good person!"(whenever people is not finding ways to trespass the system), but deep down you know what the real messenge was.

anyways, if it does makes anybody happy, as long as i can disable it, im fine with a system like that.

I wasn't saying you have to force the system to be standardized over everyone, I'd be perfectly fine with making it an option. I still have to say, you can get over the skilled players and dethreaters with hard work and dedication if you are willing to do so. I acknowledge that not everyone learns the hard way in the game. Which is why I've suggested adding and actual learning curve into the game to allow new people an easier time getting into the game.

As for the problem with toxicity, there is a point where it becomes tasteless and outright unattractive for the game. APB has reached that point. It should be reigned in more. As I've said there is a difference between trash talking and Toxicity. With Trash Talking you are spurring the competitive aspect of the game which is great! With Toxicity you are attacking someone or a group of people which in moderation is OK and workable, however in APB's case its past that line, it is way too abundant. Its basically if Thanos snapped to double the toxicity.

• Like 1

This is a casual game. plain and simple. There is no such thing as a match lasting hours. There is no competitive elements at all. People can trash talk because that's a major point. There's no standing relationship before or after a 15 minute match, nothing to foster anything real. That's the reason this game is "fun". I don't have to listen to the same 4-9 other people in a room for an hour or two, speaking of strategy and maybe even personal information. This isn't CSGO, or LoL. This is APB, a casual city combat environment, with lots of wacky antics and trash talk, where you can come home from a hard day, go into a district, and really make some stranger, that you've never met, and don't actually care to know, really upset, and posting on a forum about "toxicity" because he's taking a casual game way too seriously.

There is no "meta" only people who take things seriously enough to suffer using the same loadout every match.
There is no "losing" only getting a slightly less amount of "progression" on a linear character development.
There is no "competition" because believe it or not, this game is about having fun with what you want to have fun with. It's a sandbox shooter with lots of awesome mechanics and crazy weapons.
Play it like GTA Offline for everyone's sake.

8 hours ago, BlitzKitty said:

This is a casual game. plain and simple. There is no such thing as a match lasting hours. There is no competitive elements at all. People can trash talk because that's a major point. There's no standing relationship before or after a 15 minute match, nothing to foster anything real. That's the reason this game is "fun". I don't have to listen to the same 4-9 other people in a room for an hour or two, speaking of strategy and maybe even personal information. This isn't CSGO, or LoL. This is APB, a casual city combat environment, with lots of wacky antics and trash talk, where you can come home from a hard day, go into a district, and really make some stranger, that you've never met, and don't actually care to know, really upset, and posting on a forum about "toxicity" because he's taking a casual game way too seriously.

There is no "meta" only people who take things seriously enough to suffer using the same loadout every match.
There is no "losing" only getting a slightly less amount of "progression" on a linear character development.
There is no "competition" because believe it or not, this game is about having fun with what you want to have fun with. It's a sandbox shooter with lots of awesome mechanics and crazy weapons.
Play it like GTA Offline for everyone's sake.

A game doesn't need to be labeled as competitive for people to be competitive with it, thats purely a mindset thing. With how low pop the game is right now you might as well be listening to the same 10 people for hours on end, and with the way LO is going its only going to get smaller, especially if their plan for an unfinished riot mode gets released.

On 5/18/2019 at 11:34 PM, _chain said:

Ever played Rust? It is how it is, nothing you can do about it, really. Wait for the community to grow, no matter how much salt there is, it gets dissolved with enough water. 

beautiful

15 minutes ago, walrus248 said:

beautiful

I gotcha wit them sweet metaphors fam ❤️❤️❤️

Wow, people are getting offended by words. words not said in person, but on a fucking game, trash one at that.

On 5/24/2019 at 10:08 AM, Fortune Runner said:

Once again this is not the U.S.A. government , but is a private game company.

Free speech does not apply here.

With that said if someone talks trash to you guys , let your weapons do the talking.

It is why we are here to begin with.

Kiss kiss bang bang.

Freedom of speech is a basic human right and is not exclusive to the U.S. Limiting it would be a human rights violation.

23 minutes ago, Pedroxin said:

Freedom of speech is a basic human right and is not exclusive to the U.S. Limiting it would be a human rights violation.

lol no