Fenton

Community standards of behavior.

On 5/19/2019 at 2:16 PM, Queen of Love said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broken_windows_theory

An old post of a veteran (Sho.) explained it very well.

The game has been a bit vandalized (G. Co.)

And is hard restore the damage (OOB,N-bug,Threat Locking,Teamkick)

Also with all effort possible (ty LO ❤️ ) it still appears ruined.

Solution: Clean and Fresh Air first. Add something funny after restore the good old APB.

It's been a while since I saw Broken Window espoused anywhere. I think it still holds true in all environments. In online communities, small rules broken and unpunished encourage players to go further.

On 5/19/2019 at 2:30 PM, SilverCrow said:

I think the rules that are already in place are good enough.
Any more than that and we start closing in on the plague called political correctness.

Fair enough. Would it be helpful to have those rules clearly sign-posted in the forums and an explanation of how LO/G1 commonly deal with people that break those rules be helpful, you think?

7 minutes ago, Fenton said:

Would it be helpful to have those rules clearly sign-posted in the forums and an explanation of how LO/G1 commonly deal with people that break those rules be helpful, you think?

similar to the giant red “forum rules” banner?

8 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

similar to the giant red “forum rules” banner?

Yep. That for the game.

Hateful symbols are already enforced on daily basis tho.

But trash talk, should not.. or ever be enforced/ silenced.

It just creates means for people to be more toxic in other more damaging or creative ways. So basically i'd rather they screamed at their screens than that.

If I don't feel like reading all the toxicity, I just turn all chat channels off. 

GG EZ

Edited by CookiePuss

1 hour ago, Fenton said:

Fair enough. Would it be helpful to have those rules clearly sign-posted in the forums and an explanation of how LO/G1 commonly deal with people that break those rules be helpful, you think?

I guess so, but if someone is going to do something clearly against those rules, that's probably not the type of person who'd check if that was OK first anyway 🙂

Edited by SilverCrow

4 hours ago, Bellenettiel said:

Hateful symbols are already enforced on daily basis tho.

But trash talk, should not.. or ever be enforced/ silenced.

It just creates means for people to be more toxic in other more damaging or creative ways. So basically i'd rather they screamed at their screens than that.

There is a clear difference in trash talking for sport and overall toxicity. 

Trash talking is occasional and more controlled by the person doing it, as well as more reasonable.

Toxicity is outright tasteless and it negatively impacts the community because it is rampant. if it were minor cases it could be overlooked but its happening all day every day. It needs to be at the very least mitigated.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2019 at 10:13 PM, Fenton said:

Is it just me, or do people in the APB community have a really poor attitude to other people in the community?

I've seen slurs directed against assumed race, gender, sexuality, virginity, mental capacity, place of origin and religion. Even if these don't offend me personally, I expect more of a supposed adult community and I have been continually disappointed.

Is it worth asking Gamers First/Little Orbit to police the community?  

Should we all switch off our chat, close our eyes against the Nazi symbols and hum really loudly?

Are we even capable of policing our own community and expecting better things of ourselves?

Discuss.

You can /ignore tho.

Btw. I prefer consequences of free speech, than policing anything.

I see it too much in games lately and honestly i'm not happy from results.

On 5/18/2019 at 5:13 PM, Fenton said:

Is it just me, or do people in the APB community have a really poor attitude to other people in the community?

I've seen slurs directed against assumed race, gender, sexuality, virginity, mental capacity, place of origin and religion. Even if these don't offend me personally, I expect more of a supposed adult community and I have been continually disappointed.

Should we all switch off our chat, close our eyes against the Nazi symbols and hum really loudly?

Are we even capable of policing our own community and expecting better things of ourselves?

Discuss.

Please stay away with "im offended" bs, like we already have enough here in the forums (like getting warned for "sexuallity and nudity" posting a furry video that is totally allowed in yt for all audiences ).

They should simply add an option to completly remove the chat or just use it with your friends so you can feel absolutly safe in your safespace.

Why dont you just play the game instead of carefully reading every-"offensive"-comment to force yourself to get offended and report everyone in a decaying population game, wouldnt you enjoy it more?

Maybe if this game finally start moving on wheels people wont be as toxic. It simply means they are not really enjoying it if they have time to complain and insult each other.

Edited by SillyBear

2 hours ago, Mitne said:

You can /ignore tho.

Btw. I prefer consequences of free speech, than policing anything.

I see it too much in games lately and honestly i'm not happy from results.

Thats because generally games aren't handling it properly. The /ignore only goes so far and the ignore list is only so big, it'd be much easier to properly set something up to deal with it. Even if it means changing the toxic statements into something funny/witty.

Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with trash talking as that spurs the competitive nature of games.  Toxicity is worse than that 10x over.  That is why I am so against it, its way too over the top in this game, if it was more sporadic I wouldn't have much of an issue as all. Its not whats being said, but the frequency with which it is said.

2 hours ago, SillyBear said:

Please stay away with "im offended" bs, like we already have enough here in the forums (like getting warned for "sexuallity and nudity" posting a furry video that is totally allowed in yt for all audiences ).

They should simply add an option to completly remove the chat or just use it with your friends so you can feel absolutly safe in your safespace.

Why dont you just play the game instead of carefully reading every-"offensive"-comment to force yourself to get offended and report everyone in a decaying population game, wouldnt you enjoy it more?

Maybe if this game finally start moving on wheels people wont be as toxic. It simply means they are not really enjoying it if they have time to complain and insult each other.

The game won't start growing enough any time soon, and I don't think is necessarily what is being said as most people in this community have thick skin, as much as it is the frequency in which these things are said. As I have stated previously there is a difference between trash talking and toxicity. Trash talking is for the competitive and has its limits to the frequency. Toxicity is overabundant in this game and is just over the top, even if there was lets say a spam prevention system in place to prevent the toxic statements from happening as quickly I'd be happy with that. I am not fully sure if the OP meant what is being said or the frequency in which it is said, but my personal issue is how often.

You can also /report for "abusive chat" or "harassment" not sure how effective it would be but there's no harm in doing it and it only takes a couple seconds.

People do get banned for this, I personally know a former "veteran" player who got banned for multiple chat infractions.

He says he's been overall happier since he got banned and never came back.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Nanometic said:

You can also /report for "abusive chat" or "harassment" not sure how effective it would be but there's no harm in doing it and it only takes a couple seconds.

People do get banned for this, I personally know a former "veteran" player who got banned for multiple chat infractions.

He says he's been overall happier since he got banned and never came back.

I don't think that reporting is enough personally, it doesn't work well given how far behind LO is with customer support.

But again, this is just my opinion.

Edited by Recon_Puppy

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words are merely the smallest element of language capable of containing meaning in isolation and as such can never directly produce the four thousand Newtons force per square centimeter required to break bones

24 minutes ago, Soundwave2142 said:

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words are merely the smallest element of language capable of containing meaning in isolation and as such can never directly produce the four thousand Newtons force per square centimeter required to break bones

what about sign language?

10 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

That depends on how much you understand I suppose. Or how hard you swing the stop sign.

On 5/18/2019 at 10:44 PM, -Dan- said:

At this point, I seriously doubt new players are put off by saltiness, but rather being stomped by dethreaters

You are 100% correct.  If you or me were to name and Shame dethreaters 3 times on the forums we would get banned. A dethreater can grief for 6 months 100s of games and absolutely nothing will happen to them. A bit of an imbalance there. I know this as i am tracking 2 for a future video. I think in 1 week they dethreated on me 20 times. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Glaciers said:

Suddenly I imagined some toxic deaf person swearing on everyone in sign language. Lmao.

4 hours ago, Y2Venom said:

I think in 1 week they dethreated on me 20 times. 

that’s hot :^)

On 5/18/2019 at 4:13 PM, Fenton said:

Discuss.

What are community standards? Ppl grief, purposely shame others via a broken threat system, doint want to play against their own skill, dont help others. APB has no standards no matter what the TOS says. Its not enforced and ppl have been getting away with it for yrs and still do. That will never change due to the type of ppl here and the refusal to change.

Unfortunately, it has a little to do with the APB itself, people in general were never like this before. I'll restrain myself from going into details looking for the reasons why it is like this, whether because of the global depression (not referring to the worldwide economy, rather to the mental state) their harsh childhood, bad upbringing, lack of sex or simply because they fail to develop social skills due the modern communication methods (having 1500 friends on their social platforms yet none of them is a real one, etc) whichever reason could be, you will find a lot of anxious, ignorant, rude and easily provoked people who will not hesitate to discharge all their frustrations, anger and what not else upon you, often without any valid reasons. APB:R as a competitive game, like any other of the same type is just a fertile ground for spreading toxicity.  

Once I asked for advice what we can do to deal with this issue a wise person told me: "Absolutely nothing".  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Bambola said:

Unfortunately, it has a little to do with the APB itself, people in general were never like this before. I'll restrain myself from going into details looking for the reasons why it is like this, whether because of the global depression (not referring to the worldwide economy, rather to the mental state) their harsh childhood, bad upbringing, lack of sex or simply because they fail to develop social skills due the modern communication methods (having 1500 friends on their social platforms yet none of them is a real one, etc) whichever reason could be, you will find a lot of anxious, ignorant, rude and easily provoked people who will not hesitate to discharge all their frustrations, anger and what not else upon you, often without any valid reasons. APB:R as a competitive game, like any other of the same type is just a fertile ground for spreading toxicity. 

What the frick is global depression ?

On 5/18/2019 at 4:13 PM, Fenton said:

Discuss.

APB has one of the most toxic communities I've ever been exposed too in my life.  lol. 

Now when G1 was running things, you could absolutely submit a ticket with a screenshot to their CS and they would police anything that was considered harrassment, hate speach, anti semetic, etc  and they would take care of it by muting them in game for a period of time, or temp ban etc.  They took that VERY seriously.

LO though, good luck getting your ticket answered within 6-8 months, there are no actual in game GMs (real ones that is) to report these things too.  I remember one GM ( not the fake GMs LO has now but a REAL GM) used to patrol the districts and would even MUTE people that were cursing.  Thats how seriously they took it.    Im not sure they take these things as seriously as G1 did which is sad.

16 minutes ago, Shimmer said:

APB has one of the most toxic communities I've ever been exposed too in my life.  lol. 

Now when G1 was running things, you could absolutely submit a ticket with a screenshot to their CS and they would police anything that was considered harrassment, hate speach, anti semetic, etc  and they would take care of it by muting them in game for a period of time, or temp ban etc.  They took that VERY seriously.

LO though, good luck getting your ticket answered within 6-8 months, there are no actual in game GMs (real ones that is) to report these things too.  I remember one GM ( not the fake GMs LO has now but a REAL GM) used to patrol the districts and would even MUTE people that were cursing.  Thats how seriously they took it.    Im not sure they take these things as seriously as G1 did which is sad.

G1 banned a player for a Tshirt gifted, using a fake FF flag.

Please Never again .