Riverwind

05/18/19 no characters at char selection screen

16 minutes ago, Murcuri said:

Forwarded to Ritual, who is aware. No need to worry, everyone who's relevant to this now for sure knows.

Thank You.  😄 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Maximillian Singh said:

Thank You.  😄 

You're welcome!

sorry in advance for this digression... In my natural languaje, spanish, Hoping and Waiting uses the same word "Esperando", means the same, basically... Sadly in English you have both ideas separated, but hose who wait are here because they have hope...

btw @Murcuri my eyes started to bleed :_), remember, im sensitive to pink XD, actually would be much apreciated if you write like everybody else, please?

Edited by Sooney
i wanted to

9 minutes ago, Sooney said:

btw @Murcuri my eyes started to bleed :_), remember, im sensitive to pink XD, actually would be much apreciated if you write like everybody else, please?

Believe it or not i look at the color as a 3rd dimension of expression in text, an example would be when in conversation you may adjust your pitch of voice when saying certain words in a sentence, Merc might be onto something.

11 minutes ago, ChrisKrypton said:

Believe it or not i look at the color as a 3rd dimension of expression in text, an example would be when in conversation you may adjust your pitch of voice when saying certain words in a sentence, Merc might be onto something.

maybe idk if a forum is the place for the meaning of colors, I just think he does it because he likes it, it's fine thou, no rules against it eiher. But anyways, as we all use normal typing, sometimes simple is better, not trying too hard... I need to force myself in reading some of his posts just for the coloring. It's just my POV, each one is free to choose how to comunicate, he does that, others do memes, and so on.

BTW, Alec is still initialyzing, soon...

3 minutes ago, Sooney said:

maybe idk if a forum is the place for the meaning of colors, I just think he does it because he likes it, it's fine thou, no rules against it eiher. But anyways, as we all use normal typing, sometimes simple is better, not trying too hard... I need to force myself in reading some of his posts just for the coloring. It's just my POV, each one is free to choose how to comunicate, he does that, others do memes, and so on.

BTW, Alec is still initialyzing, soon...

I'll try to account for your color sensitivity, Sooney. Is this better?

6 minutes ago, Murcuri said:

I'll try to account for your color sensitivity, Sooney. Is this better?

i love it and thank you. The old one were too bright and the contrast between them too high 😉

Being aware of the issue does not mean they will be able to quickly drag the folks that can fix it in on a weekend 

I have difficulty reading anything that is not black against white or white against black, I learned a long time ago it is much easier to just either skip or highlight font colors that stab my eyes instead of mentioning it.

Edited by Sang

I must wait for server anyway that they work again, until than i cant respawn and stay dead ^^

4 minutes ago, MikuAPB said:

I must wait for server anyway that they work again, until than i cant respawn and stay dead ^^

If by this comment you mean that you're sitting there, paying prayer to the sun gods that your character is still a clone: Once the server issues are fixed again, or remedied for the meantime, your character will automatically correct itself, or be respawnable.

I am deacon

question I have to the server "hey server..your patootie your face, whats the difference."

Merged.

I drank 3 red bulls and 100 litters of whiskey and the only game I find completely fascinating goes down for the weekend. im glad u guys know something about making something simple very very fun  THANKS to little orbit

plz make a fallen earth a cap flipping rpg tabletop

Merged.

no one wants to play ABP no body even wants to play GTA V anymore...so lets just see an awesome cap flipping tabletop RPG. so we still have something to do..

Well im stuck at the Alec Masters screen ....server status...not ready.

Didnt even get to character select.

5 hours ago, Riverwind said:

Something seems to not be working correctly. I have no chars at the character selection screen. I have waited up to 10 minutes for them to appear. I have also done a file check and a de fragment of game files. I have tried on 2 separate accounts and still does not appear. Any help out there?

I have re-logged multiple times also.

+1 been able to play only at morning(eu). baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

So far anytime I get good amount of free time, using this as a scale of probability on whether the server will be up or down I will now begin sharing when I have upcoming free time so people know when the server is going down. FYI during the week outage I was on vacation so I would say thus far my free time vs server crashes are pretty accurate :D.

15 minutes ago, Angel99 said:

+1 been able to play only at morning(eu). baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

Look on the bright side.....login server works so were 1/2 way there :P.

3 minutes ago, ChrisKrypton said:

Look on the bright side.....login server works so were 1/2 way there :P.

we have that 1/2 way for couple hours already

most annoying that we cant predict this :(

idk if u guys know but this sorta thing has been going on for years now

and the main problem was when the subs just started to tank. and the problems just always out weight the turn around

until here we are 10 years later just asking why this game from 2008 runs like a game from 2008

Merged.

but if anyone can do it it is little orbit believe me. and believe in them please

Edited by CommanderDeacon

Atleast Little Orbit try they best to fix it, not like gamerfirst, they never did anything... we can be happy that Little orbit try what they can

7 minutes ago, CommanderDeacon said:

idk if u guys know but this sorta thing has been going on for years now

and the main problem was when the subs just started to tank. and the problems just always out weight the turn around

until here we are 10 years later just asking why this game from 2008 runs like a game from 2008

I was here for awhile when the game started, maybe six months.  It didn't have the "no toons" promblem from my recollection.

I was last here about two years ago, I don't recall the toon selection problem then either.

I do agree it is old and maybe having code corruption problems, but unless I'm senile (a distinct possibility) this is not how it was in the olden days.  😄  

I do give my thanks to LO for working on these issues, I mean no disrespect.  

Edited by Maximillian Singh

1 minute ago, Maximillian Singh said:

I was here for awhile when the game started, maybe six months.  It didn't have the "no toons" promblem from my recollection.

I was last here about two years ago, I don't recall the toon selection problem then either.

I do agree it is old and maybe having code corruption problems, but unless I'm senile (a distinct possibility) this is not how it was in the olden days.  😄  

the engine is flawed because it was an indy project and that was since the beginning

and all the old patootie hardware has been slowing everything down basically.

2 minutes ago, CommanderDeacon said:

the engine is flawed because it was an indy project and that was since the beginning

I don't doubt it or you.   My understanding of programming is next to none, so I respect the peoples ability to create and work with these things.

My IT ability is basically the on/off button.  😄 

so everyone get out your old patootie boardgames and glue a map of s1 to it and go at it don't forget the dice

Edited by CommanderDeacon

Just now, CommanderDeacon said:

so everyone get out your old patootie boardgames out and glue a map of s1 to ot and go at it

Oh, they took the glue from me after the famous "sticky privates" incident of 2017.  😉 

Just now, Maximillian Singh said:

Oh, they took the glue from me after the famous "sticky privates" incident of 2017.  😉 

well u can have the tape but no glue. the glue reserves=no status