Dracio

LO please consider this

Firstly I want to start off by asking if the staff at Little Orbit are OK? No one should go to work and suffer harassment of the  level witnessed on the FE discord today. It was beyond appalling.

While it is understandable why the players feel outraged, there is a right and wrong way to voice their concerns. The personal, hateful and sexist attacks witnessed on the discord were perpetrated by people that have always been very toxic in FE. Most of us never condone their behavior. We are just as appalled and outraged as we suspect LO staff to be. It goes beyond harassment to all out sickening personal attacks. I am sorry that the staff at LO had to suffer this.

But I want you to consider why they were outraged. Having GMs that have in the past been banned for nefarious activities was never going to be an easy pill for the community to swallow. I don't know what the reasoning behind making previously banned players GMs was. Perhaps the number of applicants was very limited. I don't know why you did it but after todays fiasco I hope there will be better screening in the future.

People want and expect their tickets to be handle within a decent time frame. When they are not getting replies they start to get angry. We are not talking about replies to tickets over minor things but some tickets are about refunds for items from the marketplace. When these tickets are not dealt with in a timely manner, people become disgruntled. I don't know how many staff you have. How many you have to deal with tickets but the time frame of answering tickets is hurting not only the FE community but LO reputation. If you have a way to change this it might help people feel a little less abandoned.

All of this comes on the back of the server change. It was never going to go smoothly as FE from my understanding is a coding nightmare. Something was bound to break and it did spectacular. Unfortunately not everyone has the patience to wait for FE to run better. Not sure anything can be helped or improved there. It is beyond my expertise but I constantly heard from others they just wished for more communication as they felt they were in the dark.

The FE community has been lied to. That is a simple fact that cannot be denied. Some that became GMs we were told would never, ever be one. I could list all the grievances people have here but I wont. Because I want you to remember that not all players are like those attacking the LO staff. Not all players take great pleasure in such demeaning insults. There are many very nice players in the FE community that are just wanting to play the game they love. Please consider those players when making any decisions about FE.

I would like to finish by saying that not everyone is ever going to like 100% of what LO does. It is impossible to make people happy all the time. You took over a game that had a community already deeply sown with mistrust of the powers that be. It was never going to be an easy road. Some are just grateful you keep FEs lights on and have tried to improve the playing experience. Hold onto that, take a deep breath and remember tomorrow is a fresh new day.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

I left that Discord. It's disgusting, and none of what they said was warranted to any degree of common sense, or societal moral standards. I actually started to lose my temper watching that trash for the first time in over two years, and I like to keep everything in my life zen, calm, balanced. I'm truly sorry to the Little Orbit team. I will not stand for that kind of behavior in my life or around it. I feel as though this was a childish direct attack and slander, and I resent their behaviors as they continue to be allowed within the community at all. I was disgusted by what I saw, and I want you all to understand that they're the minority, and they have been part of the problem for a long time. Don't take it personally, we all love ya, Little Orbit! (The ones of us that have sense that is)

Best wishes and regards from the more sensible FE community.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I've a pretty high threshold for the trashiest of trashtalk, perhaps that is part of the reason why it made me so terribly sad instead of angry, but then i'm still recovering from my first Mothers day without mine, so I was already there. 

I know how old this dinosaur is (because I'm a fossil) and that it's nothing short of a miracle that it still in existence. 

All I can feel right now is glad I can still log into the wastelands today because there can never be the promise of tomorrow.

• Like 4

Yeah discord just got way out of hand, i left it as well.  Sad thing is most of those that were being so abusive are ones who really do not even play the game anymore.

• Like 2

I do not have a discord, nor do I know what has happened to what you are counting and the great majority that we do not have discord either.

What I do know is that the drama you are writing does not help the game at all. I beg you, make a "ticket" with screenshots of what you are telling and send it to LO.

Yesterday I made a ticket and used the means it gives when "a new gm" made abuse of power. The result was the expected of a professional company.

I repeat the aforementioned, adding more fuel to the fire does not help as there are a few communication channels that work. a greeting

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Aroa Croft said:

I do not have a discord, nor do I know what has happened to what you are counting and the great majority that we do not have discord either.

What I do know is that the drama you are writing does not help the game at all. I beg you, make a "ticket" with screenshots of what you are telling and send it to LO.

Yesterday I made a ticket and used the means it gives when "a new gm" made abuse of power. The result was the expected of a professional company.

I repeat the aforementioned, adding more fuel to the fire does not help as there are a few communication channels that work. a greeting

The biggest regret I had yesterday was that I was not the one turned into a pvp flagged chicken. 

That would have totally made my day/week so I cannot even fathom why you are unhappy about it.

So jealous.. but then I was not there .. just like you wasn't there.

Moot point is moot

Edited by Sang
  • Like 2

Hello everyone,

In the name of the LO staff and myself, I wanted to say, alive and well 😄 What happened, happened and we all have better things to do than to dwell on that issue any longer. Thing are being resolved accordingly and lessons were learned. Thank you all for your support, however. We do not put everyone in the same basket and therefore what this person or that person did, will in no way affect our attitude towards the rest of you and towards Fallen Earth. Now that this is out of the way, we can focus back on working on this game further :).

Kind regards,

Ritual

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Ritual said:

Hello everyone,

In the name of the LO staff and myself, I wanted to say, alive and well 😄 What happened, happened and we all have better things to do than to dwell on that issue any longer. Thing are being resolved accordingly and lessons were learned. Thank you all for your support, however. We do not put everyone in the same basket and therefore what this person or that person did, will in no way affect our attitude towards the rest of you and towards Fallen Earth. Now that this is out of the way, we can focus back on working on this game further :).

Kind regards,

Ritual

Thanks, y'all! Keep kickin' tail and takin' names.

All multiplayer game communities are toxic, and they should understand this already. 

What happened yesterday and why it happened was just the result of their own incompetence. 

Be better, Little Orbit. 

• Like 1

I don't know what happened. I wasn't there and I didn't hear it.

I've been playing FE on and off since the late Beta in 2008 (or was it 2007? I've forgotten, lost in the mists of time.) It makes me sad that the coding has become so scrambled, but so long as LO continues their attempts to fix it, I'll remain a subscriber. Hang in there guys!

• Like 4

I'd post my actual grievances with Little Orbit, quite a few feel the same as I. But it would be thought of as bashing when it would just be posting facts and would be nuked immediately. Did we take the trolling too far? Yeah, we probably did. Heat of the moment and luls got us carried away. But like @frenly_sharif_woddy said, it was brought on by repeat incompetence.

Also, there's certain people here who act like they've been complete angels. Those same people got banned under G1 for racism and threatening staff. :^) 

Good day, pew pew ;D

• Like 1

Hi all,

I can't know how frustrating it is to try and play on the servers right now, but I can sympathize with upset players.

The servers are performing terrible, and that's on us.

We are making progress, but we really only have one of two choices right now:

1) Leave it up and let players do the best they can while we work

2) Take it down until we can fully fix it and then put it back up

Neither option is attractive, but for now, we're going with Option #1.

While they contributed to the general unhappiness, the server issues were not the core reason for yesterday's issue. 

Unfortunately I'm not yet fully up to speed on what happened. From what I understand, we had a situation that got out of hand. My staff jumped in to handle it. It escalated. In the meantime, I had gotten on the FE discord to make an announcement about server stability and some of what we are doing, but I got called away for hours. Apparently some players took my presence as an opportunity to vent their frustration.

I'm not interested in drama.

I'm not interested in legislating your space.

You can say or do whatever you like in the unofficial FE Discord. 

For any players or GMs who were directly involved in yesterday's situation, you are welcome to private message me here, so we can discuss your perspective.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

I can't know how frustrating it is to try and play on the servers right now, butt

i think you answered yourself there

1 hour ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

I can't know how frustrating it is to try and play on the servers right now, butt

Matt, pls never change. 

8 hours ago, Jdred said:

I'd post my actual grievances with Little Orbit, quite a few feel the same as I. But it would be thought of as bashing when it would just be posting facts and would be nuked immediately. Did we take the trolling too far? Yeah, we probably did. Heat of the moment and luls got us carried away. But like @frenly_sharif_woddy said, it was brought on by repeat incompetence.

Also, there's certain people here who act like they've been complete angels. Those same people got banned under G1 for racism and threatening staff. :^) 

Good day, pew pew ;D

the old company G1 was totally incompetent and many of the decisions were handled by players who were "friends of the bosses", which ended in illegitimate and subjective actions.

This is not my opinion, if not the majority of the population included of those who play apb.

There are people who instead of playing are dedicated to "Sucking the patootie to the bosses and warming their heads", these are the so-called trolls that in my opinion should be "eradicated" from the game.

I'm very happy to see Mattscot's post, which says that he is not interested in drama and listening to trolls, although trolls fall by themselves for their actions, such as "insulting discord" or "being a new gm and act like a hidden rat with power. "

I suggest that if you have a problem with someone, write to them in private, instead of posting nonsense that does not go anywhere. you have a good day

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, AncientCrone said:

I don't know what happened. I wasn't there and I didn't hear it.

I've been playing FE on and off since the late Beta in 2008 (or was it 2007? I've forgotten, lost in the mists of time.) It makes me sad that the coding has become so scrambled, but so long as LO continues their attempts to fix it, I'll remain a subscriber. Hang in there guys!

Alpha testing started around /near July in 2008, before that it was a friends and family thing. Closed beta began around Dec iirc because we were confined to s1 for about 4 or 5 months and closed beta began with the opening of s2. so my guess would be that you started somewhere in 2009. 

I think  folks tend to forget just how old FE is and that it was done by Icarus, an indi company that tended to do things their own way which made it almost insanely difficult to maintain/upgrade later on.  I have a feeling that LO is probably having to learn as they go because it's not like anyone else ever even tried, Icarus ditched us and G1 did nothing but grab at every penny possible.

Honestly I compare it to folks that takes swings at the Nurse/EMT that performed life saving CPR on them for breaking a couple ribs in the process of restarting their heart (seen it happen) 

What LO is trying to do may not even be possible but at least they are trying.  Anyone who has ever had remodeling done in their home knows that it will be an unholy mess for a long time before it becomes better then ever. 

Edited by Sang
OCD

Very cool LO this event was amazing. Please do more lore events like this in the future.

Ahh yes murcuri the 'more sensible community' member:

❂MurcuriLast Friday at 9:05 PM
No, ***, you stupid neckbearded sister-****er

The more sensible will prevail lmao.

20 hours ago, MICFILLER said:

Very cool LO this event was amazing. Please do more lore events like this in the future.

Ahh yes murcuri the 'more sensible community' member:

❂MurcuriLast Friday at 9:05 PM
No, ***, you stupid neckbearded sister-****er

The more sensible will prevail lmao.

Taking words out of context isn't right, and isolating one person's remarks over another is slander for one, and two, blatant injustice of the situation. Now it's over. I let those who would rather bash and instigate something stay there, and I left. I don't sit in a room with poorly parented children and listen to them scream about their internet privileges, just like I'm not going to let a bunch of childlike adults sit there and sexually harass and cyber bully a bunch of people in my presence. I got my piece in. I'm not a staff member so it's not like I'm confined to being some little angel when it comes to voicing my opinion. Even if it was gruff, and came off sharp, it's because it was meant to. I don't know some of you personally, especially in the Discord, but stop flexing on everyone with your brash comments, when you could contribute something, in plain English, that is relevant to the game. Half of you in there haven't said anything that isn't already a well known fact, you just take those plain facts and turn them into a wildfire of systematic abuse and harassment, the reason I don't respect half of you.

It's only when I respond to a bunch of garbage that everyone gets salt in their diaper rash. Step off, grow up, grab a bowl of lucky charms, and put on a big ole smile, champ.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Murcuri said:

Taking words out of context isn't right, and isolating one person's remarks over another is slander for one, and two, blatant injustice of the situation. Now it's over. I let those who would rather bash and instigate something stay there, and I left. I don't sit in a room with poorly parented children and listen to them scream about their internet privileges, just like I'm not going to let a bunch of childlike adults sit there and sexually harass and cyber bully a bunch of people in my presence. I got my piece in. I'm not a staff member so it's not like I'm confined to being some little angel when it comes to voicing my opinion. Even if it was gruff, and came off sharp, it's because it was meant to. I don't know some of you personally, especially in the Discord, but stop flexing on everyone with your brash comments, when you could contribute something, in plain English, that is relevant to the game. Half of you in there haven't said anything that isn't already a well known fact, you just take those plain facts and turn them into a wildfire of systematic abuse and harassment, the reason I don't respect half of you.

It's only when I respond to a bunch of garbage that everyone gets salt in their diaper rash. Step off, grow up, grab a bowl of lucky charms, and put on a big ole smile, champ.

How about you go back to spamming racism and going on unhinged tirades boy. You were 1 of the more cancerous players in this game so step off that high horse. I do like how you want to act as if you have done something that was beneficial.

Nah the issue is you of all people acting as if you are part of the 'more sensible FE community'. You could of said you disliked what happened without trying to stroke yourself off at the same time.

Edited by MICFILLER
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MICFILLER said:

How about you go back to spamming racism and going on unhinged tirades boy. You were 1 of the more cancerous players in this game so step off that high horse. I do like how you want to act as if you have done something that was beneficial.

Nah the issue is you of all people acting as if you are part of the 'more sensible FE community'. You could of said you disliked what happened without trying to stroke yourself off at the same time.

There's that diaper rash, son.

19 hours ago, Murcuri said:

Well at least you don't deny it so you have improved some what. Gratz on hitting puberty.

On 5/21/2019 at 11:06 PM, Murcuri said:

What is your problem with colors? What would look like the forum if everybody abuse like that?

The whole world is full of C O L O R S.

"Turn that light off, it's too d*mn loud!"

Edited by Murcuri