23 minutes ago, professorsnack said:

Yeah old players don't mean anything, not like we stuck around and payed a ton of money on a game we love, and put up with a loooot of things that made many many others leave or AVOID the game. That means nothing compared to catering to a niche audience with a modified version of BR. The market is saturated with BR games, has been for years now. Press X to doubt that people will try APB just for Riot...

i don’t really want to defend riot but old players really don’t mean much imo 

old players are a finite money pool that will only shrink with time, and that’s on top of a small number anyway - apb just wasn’t ever a popular game 

the 800 or so veterans left are potentially irrelevant compared to potentially infinite new players, although in reality it won’t be so clear cut 

6 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

i don’t really want to defend riot but old players really don’t mean much imo 

old players are a finite money pool that will only shrink with time, and that’s on top of a small number anyway - apb just wasn’t ever a popular game 

the 800 or so veterans left are potentially irrelevant compared to potentially infinite new players, although in reality it won’t be so clear cut 

I get it, old players aren't the money cows. But they still matter. Without them this game wouldn't even be making it this far. I refuse to believe any or much good will come out of Riot mode, and the current view on what old players mean to the game. They are just as important as new players. They should be valued as mentors of sorts, to help new players in at the very least. But with the current community's toxicity and neglect, that won't happen.

Edited by Recon_Puppy
Grammar
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Recon_Puppy said:

I get it the servers for the most part, wasn't caused by them, but I would have much preferred they'd focus on improving the game overall, both on the back end and forefront instead of trying to spread their resources thin over all aspects that they planned for at the same time.

I think most everyone wanted that... but i strongly think they understood it wrong and started messing with the weapons without knowing what they been doing.

I saw it coming... i saw it coming. I really did, tried to warn them but i panic'd ;p

2 minutes ago, SillyBear said:

I think most everyone wanted that... but i strongly think they understood it wrong and started messing with the weapons without knowing what they been doing.

I saw it coming... i saw it coming. I really did, tried to warn them but i panic'd 😜

Everyone wanted it, no one was saying it. I know I've avoided the forums since I started playing APB back in 2015, and only recently have I created my forum account. I have my reasons for creating it but I believe I waited too long to say something. I have to thank Matt Scott and LO for taking over APB, I am grateful that they wish to make the game better. I just don't want them to keep messing up, which is why I created this thread, to give them constructive feedback at the same time  speaking amongst the community so that everyone  can put their own tidbits of wants or  what they'd like to see. This forum needed a place where toxic-free feedback could be given, and I hope to accomplish that with this thread.

1 hour ago, Glaciers said:

old players really don’t mean much imo 

Yeah in reality, these veterans/us are ALL THAT REMAINS of a population. Without us, the game would be... dead, so please help me understand what you mean by we don't matter? Would little orbit have purchased/taken over APB if it had no one playing? Answer is no. So obviously we have some importance. Why is the number of veterans dropping/will continue to drop? Because not much is being done to improve the game.

Not to mention the fact that New players aren't a guarantee. No amount of updates with new (broken) content will retain a large enough number of players to make the game populated again, on top of already existing issues.

Imagine the chaos in game and in the forums if the best case scenario happens of a ton of new people coming. Mods will have to sift through tens of hundreds of posts about "This gun is broken! Pay to win! Unfair! My game crashed wtf!" in game the same sentiments will be typed in chat, with some veterans saying "git gud", "ur just bad", etc.

53 minutes ago, professorsnack said:

Imagine the chaos in game and in the forums if the best case scenario happens of a ton of new people coming. Mods will have to sift through tens of hundreds of posts about "This gun is broken! Pay to win! Unfair! My game crashed wtf!" 

So like any other new game then?

It's not that we, the veteran players do not matter. 

But rather that their aren't enough of us to keep the game alive. That's all we are saying. 

Oh 100 percent agree. I guess the wording is what confused me then. Saying current players don't matter in a starving game is kinda odd lol

Experience in game is priceless, and Veterans should be listened always.

Good experienced choices for the game carry new players, not hazardous choice that need a rework every 2 weeks.

since 2012 (after 1y of daily playing):

what about new emotes? Never ,Impossible, L2p

what about new contacts? 2 for faction (Elforcer/event contact doesnT count)

what about new items but not armas-stored? Santa Claus hat and item's events that need Ascetic devotion to APB 24/24h

what about new vehicles? 1 (enfoshada is a bishada, enfomicro is a micro, coywolf is a nice hanveo , doesnT count)

what about new map? 1=Asylum. (luckyly found for error during a server maintanance in some RP dusty archive. )

what about new forum? destroyed first time with all national sections with all the fun and history of real golden age of apb deleted, for ever.

what about new new forum? luckily restored as should be, but is like a candle in front of sun memoryes that it was.

what about a trade system? OHHHHHHHHH finally ❤️❤️❤️ LO . (100% of community asked this ,maybe more than an EU )

what about new kit for low tier cars? Nobody care, except that Ceresco is the most used car by new players (expecialy by crime looting), and could love it more if some kind of customitation could be added. And a cabrio calabria could be the most cute kawaii friendly vehicle in game. (FAQ: ehy driver&passengers should be hitted as in real! A: is a videogame, not a CSI simulator)

is 2019 i still play my favourite game, but after looking riot mode i feel that the project is mutilate APB of its originality and create a red vs blue boring shooter.

TLDR: Is community listened? Not really. i canT use NinjaRipper 😞 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, professorsnack said:

Yeah in reality, these veterans/us are ALL THAT REMAINS of a population. Without us, the game would be... dead, so please help me understand what you mean by we don't matter? Would little orbit have purchased/taken over APB if it had no one playing? Answer is no. So obviously we have some importance. Why is the number of veterans dropping/will continue to drop? Because not much is being done to improve the game.

45 minutes ago, professorsnack said:

Oh 100 percent agree. I guess the wording is what confused me then. Saying current players don't matter in a starving game is kinda odd lol

yeah i worded it poorly it’s not like veterans could just vanish in a proof of smoke and apb would continue just fine, but they (arguably) aren’t where the focus should be at this point

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

yeah i worded it poorly it’s not like veterans could just vanish in a proof of smoke and apb would continue just fine, but they (arguably) aren’t where the focus should be at this point

Perhaps not where the focus should be, but still be considered nonetheless.

6 hours ago, Queen of Love said:

Experience in game is priceless, and Veterans should be listened always.

Good experienced choices for the game carry new players, not hazardous choice that need a rework every 2 weeks.

758421912.gif

On 5/19/2019 at 9:34 PM, Yood said:

758421912.gif

That post has me concerned and worried for you.  But can I get a translation anyway? lol

I don't want riot, it is still kinda a sort of battle royal gameplay

I want  a properly designed  chaos district where we can fight for territorial control and tasks within these. We did had Chaos districts but they had no higher goal than just killing each others and a bad selection of spawns leading everyone to meet at the spawn zones making most parts of the map useless.

Give us territorial control via graffiti sprays.

Then give various factions various activities within territorial claim:

Enforcers getting missions to deliver Money with cars or Blue steels, or organs needing to be delivered. And Crims can try to intercept this.

Criminals in their owned districts can pillage and rob and Enfos need to intercept this. * all whatever the current missions do, like hacking stuff, taking delicate photos of people, etc.

And everyone around can participate in those activities.

G1 just gave up on the chaos district mode after setting it up gathering feedback and never mentioning it again.

• Thanks 1

they don't want to listen and they are not used to listen to community. community is just for being around and have things updated and etc... no body cares what users are saying. if its not this way, then its LO's way.

I fully agree with you here.

Without the game running smoothly AND being able to stop DDOS attacks (if that is even the issue) no one but those already in love with the game will play it.

No amount of new modes or content will make a difference if the game keeps running in its current state.

Sure follow the Battle Royale game mode, but does anyone think Fortnite would be nearly as popular if it ran as poorly as APB?

Edited by illgot
  • Thanks 2

On 5/22/2019 at 5:15 AM, illgot said:

I fully agree with you here.

Without the game running smoothly AND being able to stop DDOS attacks (if that is even the issue) no one but those already in love with the game will play it.

No amount of new modes or content will make a difference if the game keeps running in its current state.

Sure follow the Battle Royale game mode, but does anyone think Fortnite would be nearly as popular if it ran as poorly as APB?

On 5/22/2019 at 4:17 AM, LilyV3 said:

I don't want riot, it is still kinda a sort of battle royal gameplay

I want  a properly designed  chaos district where we can fight for territorial control and tasks within these. We did had Chaos districts but they had no higher goal than just killing each others and a bad selection of spawns leading everyone to meet at the spawn zones making most parts of the map useless.

Give us territorial control via graffiti sprays.

Then give various factions various activities within territorial claim:

Enforcers getting missions to deliver Money with cars or Blue steels, or organs needing to be delivered. And Crims can try to intercept this.

Criminals in their owned districts can pillage and rob and Enfos need to intercept this. * all whatever the current missions do, like hacking stuff, taking delicate photos of people, etc.

And everyone around can participate in those activities.

G1 just gave up on the chaos district mode after setting it up gathering feedback and never mentioning it again.

Precisely, this game needs to run well before anything is added so that way the main issues that are left are bugs or glitches, so you can finish ironing out everything. As it stands APB is much like the highway in Financial district: Largely incomplete and needs repairs.

If the Veterans vanished then Silvers could play in tje Silver District imagine that. Then Bronze would probably come alive and need more instances because actual bronze would have more fun. 

The Vets should be listened to. 

I agree, but from what I seen most aren't intellectually honest with themselves about what's best for the game. Most are only concerned with keeping their

"earned" advantages. 

Just the facts, like it or don't like cuz you never do. 

5 hours ago, Havana said:

If the Veterans vanished then Silvers could play in tje Silver District imagine that. Then Bronze would probably come alive and need more instances because actual bronze would have more fun. 

I agree, but from what I seen most aren't intellectually honest with themselves about what's best for the game. Most are only concerned with keeping their

"earned" advantages. 

at least on Jericho there aren't enough total players to fill 2 districts, let alone enough of any one threat (bronze/silver/gold) to actually have a district with more than 10v10.

7 hours ago, Havana said:

"earned" advantages. 

If the veterans vanish at this point the game flops. I'm here trying to give constructive criticism for LO so that they see their current path isn't good. That it won't pan out like they want it to. Does APB need new content? Yes. Does that content need to be unfinished and broken? No. But they are aiming for that.

They can't keep enough interest as is in the base game with new players, therefore if the veterans leave, the new people leave quicker, and the game dies.

Edited by Recon_Puppy

On 5/24/2019 at 11:19 PM, Recon_Puppy said:

If the veterans vanish at this point the game flops. 

That is true. 

It's also true that if the game does not get an influx of new players, the game flops. 

On 5/19/2019 at 8:28 AM, Recon_Puppy said:

I get it, old players aren't the money cows. But they still matter. Without them this game wouldn't even be making it this far. I refuse to believe any or much good will come out of Riot mode, and the current view on what old players mean to the game. They are just as important as new players. They should be valued as mentors of sorts, to help new players in at the very least. But with the current community's toxicity and neglect, that won't happen.

old players will not even want to come back without the Engine Upgrade and new content to go with it I.E. RIOT

Releasing both at the same time in doing so is a good strategy.

17 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

That is true. 

It's also true that if the game does not get an influx of new players, the game flops. 

Very true ,  as are your other posts on this thread. Good work.