Sign in to follow this  
demonshinta

DDOS

just wondering, if u are even seeing this DDOS going on in Jericho, but im also betting its more then just Jericho, 

don't understand why u had to change 
16068n.jpg

we was doing fine for months on end, yet as soon as you changed colocation facilities  and everything was up and running even after broken hardware 
we are starting to see more and more DDOS attacks.
it's like we are back to Square (ONE) daily DDOS attacks (fix) then back to DDOS attacks (repeat) 
when we hit 2019 yeah the servers got hit with a DDOS attack but after that it was fine for months on end with no problem but my real (Question) here is 
why did you have to change Facilities?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Fortune Runner said:

they were forced to move servers. They did not get a choice. There is a thread by MattScott on this.

and then why did u not link the post to show me 

1 minute ago, demonshinta said:

Its stickied already geez

Sigh next time actually read the forums please.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, demonshinta said:

Tf you think who you are?
Search it yourself

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

Its stickied already geez

Sigh next time actually read the forums please.

this does not apply to why they put us back into a DDOS infected server 

2 minutes ago, Sentaii said:

Tf you think who you are?
Search it yourself

i mean u cant say thing and then not have proof  the logic of that statement 

On 5/17/2019 at 5:10 PM, demonshinta said:

as you changed colocation facilities

you asked i answered.

As for DDos attacks , how is that Little Orbits fault what someone else does?

they didn't chose for someone to cyber attack them 🧐

1 minute ago, Fortune Runner said:

you asked i answered.

As for DDos attacks , how is that Little Orbits fault what someone else does?

they didn't chose for someone to cyber attack them 🧐

when u go cheap u are asking to be DDOS. its that easy  just LIKE G1 milking APB for what they could using a CHEAP server = does not protect from DDOS attacks so yes they did chose to have the server ddos by going cheap 

I may be wrong, but typically, it is the hosting company that provides the DDOS protection, high availability,  fail over and whatnot.

This all depends on what services LO has purchased as part of the hosting services.

So, LO would need to let the hosting service know, that they need to up their game a bit with DDOS protection if possible.

Lag and discconnects can make for some frustrating times.

Edited by Westford

itt: people who have no idea about ddoses talking about ddoses (some also acting very entitled)

and also apparently no idea about apbs previous ddos situation

not saying it's not bad

but that's just not how it works

Edited by neophobia

1 minute ago, neophobia said:

itt: people who have no idea about ddoses talking about ddoses

Yeah, some people may not be aware.

What amazes me, is the amount of effort to disrupt a game with a lower than usual population, and more than 7 years old.

Hmmph .. ?

6 minutes ago, neophobia said:

itt: people who have no idea about ddoses talking about ddoses (some also acting very entitled)

not saying it's not bad

but that's just not how it works

hahaha 

3 minutes ago, Westford said:

What amazes me, is the amount of effort to disrupt a game with a lower than usual population, and more than 7 years old.

Hmmph .. ?

i dont think that most ddos..... know its a apb server to them its just another easy number to break into and disrupt its not like the IP has APB name all over it 

Edited by demonshinta

32 minutes ago, demonshinta said:

when u go cheap u are asking to be DDOS. its that easy  just LIKE G1 milking APB for what they could using a CHEAP server = does not protect from DDOS attacks so yes they did chose to have the server ddos by going cheap 

Little Orbit inherited the servers from G1. And DDoS does not matter what server  it is regardless. Cheap or expensive like nation's security. They can be DDos'ed just as much.

13 minutes ago, Westford said:

Hmmph .. ?

who knows if they even just target apb but like the server providers, trying to extort money or whatnot.

ddosing is not hard nor expensive too, sadly.

honestly, i never knew if these ddoses were actually a thing or if g1 just needed an excuse for their half broken servers that they downgraded to. (they definitely did, which lead to reducing district sizes once again)

but i guess apb is also an easy target. take csgo and the likes for instance - not only is a company with way much more money behind them but they also have their own big network to mitigate attacks and obfuscate ips etc well. countermeasures you couldn't just easily get.

that being said, they do offer some huge parts to devs now (for free iirc) in their apis

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/steamworks/announcements/detail/1791775741704351698

even the dota 2 gameservers struggled with ddos attacks and abuse of that (e.g. players currently losing ddosing to have the game not recorded in their stats and thus not affecting their ranks) before for a quite long time

(and the steam also has their own network issues at times)

Edited by neophobia

1 minute ago, Fortune Runner said:

Little Orbit inherited the servers from G1. And DDoS does not matter what server  it is regardless. Cheap or expensive like nation's security. They can be DDos'ed just as much.

i understand that  no matter how big or small your server are  they get ddos but a bigger server  takes more to take down while a smaller one will crash nearly every time even R* gets hit daily by ddos but u dont see the effects of it 

they just need to get thier shit together because right now apb is a sinking ship and all LO is doing is make more holes into it to sink faster i feel like they dont know what they are doing because all thier decisions up to now were bad ones look at riot they release that game mode in a middle of a ddos issue with a game not completly up to date its just asking it to fail.

• Like 1

Just now, demonshinta said:

i understand that  no matter how big or small your server are  they get ddos but a bigger server  takes more to take down while a smaller one will crash nearly every time even R* gets hit daily by ddos but u dont see the effects of it 

Big server or small server , either way I will not blame a victim for what an attacker does. It's not right.

12 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

My understanding is that LO just switched hosting services.

Admittedly, I am not familiar with hosting services for online games, but I am familiar with hosting services for business ERP applications.

And with business hosting, you have different level of services offered, at a price.

But as @neophobia mentioned, some gaming companies go to great lengths for added protection.

Unfortunately , this is not always possible considering budgetary constraints.

It is what it is.

Edited by Westford

Just now, Fortune Runner said:

Big server or small server , either way I will not blame a victim for what an attacker does. It's not right.

its like this (haha) we pay Lo more and more and hope they will improve and not fall into A (G1) milking trap  really the DDOS dont bug me not one bit i just go about my daily life or play another game till they change or fix it, or till its back to another attack 

18 minutes ago, Westford said:

My understanding is that LO just switched hosting services.

Theres a post somewhere in a thread from MattScott mentioning this.

The thread with the server moving and the hardware failure recently.

Keep in mind MattScott clearly says  "a lot of the hardware is  more than 5 years old"  and in another thread posted around this time (before or after i don't know) it was mentioned it was  from G1

which is why it was more than 5 years old.

I cant find the other thread sorry  I looked.

If someone finds the other  thread post it please or send me the link and I will for you.

Edit : I went looking through multiple threads but there's too many duplicate threads so I just cant seem to find the other one mentioning this too. Sorry I tried.

This is why duplicate threads is a very bad thing and why we keep asking people to stop ding that.

18 minutes ago, demonshinta said:

its like this (haha) we pay Lo more and more and hope they will improve and not fall into A (G1) milking trap  really the DDOS dont bug me not one bit i just go about my daily life or play another game till they change or fix it, or till its back to another attack 

The difference is G1 wanted to milk us intentionally. It was no accident.

Edited by Fortune Runner

3 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

The difference is G1 wanted to milk us intentionally. It was no accident.

then why does LO still have G1 (name still on the website 😜 ) better put your Tin Foil hats on 

Edited by demonshinta

Just now, demonshinta said:

then why does LO still have G1 (name still on the website 😜 ) better your your Tin Foil hats on 

Because the notion of " Gamers first" is a noble notion

The company G1 however didn't believe in gamers first

Sorry, but you lost me at 

13 hours ago, demonshinta said:

DDOS infected server 

^_^

9 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Sorry, but you lost me at 

^_^

that part was, set as a joke, more for a laugh then logic 

Sign in to follow this