VanilleKeks

In-game Moderation Is A Joke

Hey,

I'm starting to get really tired of this. There is absolutely zero in-game moderation. Garbage in district chat every day, cheaters who bypass BattleEye (albeit less overall) can rampage without consequences (Some blatant spinbotters are r200+ which is completely embarrassing to have in your game, but you don't care it seems). Your "GMs" are busy getting off on the attention from social district chat, or teleporting people onto roofs (Which is nice on its own, but when that's all they do, it's not). As I'm writing this post there's a r228 enforcer just blatantly aimbotting everyone down in EU-Asylum, zero attempt at hiding it. I wonder how many weeks I'm gonna see him around?

I have made nice and structured posts about this before, but frankly why should I bother? I'll keep it constructive but you have lost my respect, and my trust when it comes to ingame issues. This is the worst the ingame moderation has ever been. You might argue that a particular horse enthusiast has done worse things, which is true, but I'm talking about the overall system here.

Stop filling the game with people that lack authority. Why are you re-opening volunteer applications again when the system is this horrible? Does it not cross your mind how destroying the reputation of the GM tag is a bad thing? Give them their own separate tag so that I can know whether it's a glorified SPCM or someone who can help me.

What are new players supposed to think when some dude who's blatantly snapping to all angles can go on unharmed because the "GM" they are in contact with can only watch and do nothing? You seem so keen on being transparent, so why not tell us what your GMs can do? Mute? Kick? Freeze? It doesn't look like they have any actual impact, just some tools to delay things. What's the difference between volunteers and GMs? It doesn't seem like actual employed GMs are ever around. Even for actual staff GMs, word is that they cannot ban. Is this true? The list of questions just goes on and on.

Give us a blogpost about the current ingame moderation. Tell us what is going on. It's frustrating to see this part of your company be such a complete mess.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 6

fuck the police

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Where are those +200r spinn bots. Am I the one that cant see them ? or you all just hackusating . . . Dont get me wrong u are not wrong about GMs and stuff but everytime I join to a damn district I always see ppl complaning about "cheating" even tho there is no and Im sick of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, _gousk said:

Where are those +200r spinn bots. Am I the one that cant see them ? or you all just hackusating . . . Dont get me wrong u are not wrong about GMs and stuff but everytime I join to a damn district I always see ppl complaning about "cheating" even tho there is no and Im sick of it.

High rank spinbots are rare, but you can go to EU asylum right now, the dude should still be there blatantly botting. No spins but you get the picture. 

• Thanks 1

tbh ye

the fact they have 'GM's' that arent really GM's is funny af

i would them either set up a GM program who have powers or just create the SPCM and stop calling them GM's.

• Like 4

how absurd.. I know this will happened it's expected seeing how one cheater could bypass BattleEye weeks after its release and probably still cheating today. 

Over the years APB reloaded has a cheating cycle judging by the nature of a PVP free2play game even if there were only legit players one could still be delusional or toxic and cheat. If one person could cheat without any consequences it will breed in more cheaters, even if there were bans it will bring further rageful cheaters as they all think of themselves as the main forces of the game, they become shallow and they will continue to cheat regardless of the reasons, triggering the vicious cycle of cheaters. Definitely bad for the game including among other factors that bring this cause and effect, in result players disappearing or ended up cheating. 

now you have the following options:

• You as a player can /report
  • You as a player can record highlight videos and send it to customer support and praying they would be ban, hearing them back 5 months later ~
  • Tell a GM in the district and probably will put a notice to the higher-ups.
  • Hope for BattleEye updates or flags the cheater.
  • Hope for a banwave announcement by Mattscott. 
  • Hope for the cheater to stop cheating.
  • Don't bother to care and continue to play
  • Play a different game.
  • be angry
  • buy cheats.

real gms protect their own servers and will ban without hesitation when the person is cheating 100%

Edited by Deadliest
  • Like 4

To my understanding GM's can't ban. I understand the frustration of blatant cheaters, especially the re rolls (at least what I mostly see). But since they don't have the power to do much, it's kind of a waste of time to even have them there. Although they do set the tone for cheaters to watch out, and seem to have a positive influence on the toxic district chat which is a nice change. Try not to ask to much from them, I mean I have yet to see games where the company has members playing in the game itself. All you can really do is report, try and get video, and hope the anti-cheat catches them. Its the nature of F2P sadly. Just remember there is a good game underneath all the crap, and no one's account is exempt from being caught. Just try and enjoy the good things lol. 

8 hours ago, Alani said:

tbh ye

the fact they have 'GM's' that arent really GM's is funny af

i would them either set up a GM program who have powers or just create the SPCM and stop calling them GM's.

this. 
this on so many levels.

The only solution I've found to solve these issues was completely stopping playing...again.

I don't know, just watch yourself and refrain from hackusating too much, you know how the "community" takes these and now they are at the other side of the game too, so they can be more intimidating now if they whisper you in-game.

Anyways, being respectful and constructive doesn't seems to make any difference at all since I consider I received an unfair and even harsh treatment when I tried to rise my concerns in regards of what you are pointing out here, I feel like it is more important to protect the "GMs" from complains than protecting the regular players from the stuff that actually give us reasons to complain...this made me feel like they are just recruiting the favorite players from any popular social networks out there or following a list that a particular horses enthusiast may handled to them before leaving, idk.

I had great expectations regarding kindness and willingness from the new management to bring back every player that would've want to take part of this community again, but facts are definitely telling me that the vision of a "community" around here is a concept where only a particular group of players matters while the rest of the player base is not even bothering on trying to interact around here anymore because of all these issues and the null or even negative responses we get.

I always get nostalgic when I google that "cheaters amnesty" article by former G1 CEO Björn Book-Larsson.

• Like 3

Yeah, same "elite" guys and even one gamergirl/trap playing with psilent, same russians playing with 0 delay color triggerbot.

ThErE Is nO SuCh tHiNg aS An uNdEtEcTaBlE (pRiVaTe) HaCk wHeN It cOmEs tO BaTtLeYe. We uPdAtE AnD PaTcH NeW ExPlOiTs aS QuIcKlY As pOsSiBlE AnD PeRmAnEnTlY BaN ChEaTeRs tHaT StIlL MaNaGe tO GeT ThRoUgH WiThIn sHoRt pErIoDs oF TiMe.

(c) anti-cheat gold standart

• Like 1

Volunteer positions are not exactly going to attract the most competent workers. That's just how it is.

Im tired of disconnecting my game because getting cheaters against us. its a joke that LO and @MattScott dont want to hear about it and the moderators don't do any help with support, no support. i have sent many report tickets, nothing is happening. all day they are in game. cheaters... doing speedhack ! teleportings and aimbots. you want to ban me because of telling the truth ? ok ban me but sir ! i dont want this game like this. at least answer me then ban me ! please 😢

Wew lad, you are kinda late to the party. How long we been complaining about it, standing mockery and other stuff and nothing been done.

We are understanding how bad it was to unban cheaters right?

• Like 1

On 5/17/2019 at 12:28 PM, VanilleKeks said:

Hey,

I'm starting to get really tired of this. There is absolutely zero in-game moderation. Garbage in district chat every day, cheaters who bypass BattleEye (albeit less overall) can rampage without consequences (Some blatant spinbotters are r200+ which is completely embarrassing to have in your game, but you don't care it seems). Your "GMs" are busy getting off on the attention from social district chat, or teleporting people onto roofs (Which is nice on its own, but when that's all they do, it's not). As I'm writing this post there's a r228 enforcer just blatantly aimbotting everyone down in EU-Asylum, zero attempt at hiding it. I wonder how many weeks I'm gonna see him around?

I have made nice and structured posts about this before, but frankly why should I bother? I'll keep it constructive but you have lost my respect, and my trust when it comes to ingame issues. This is the worst the ingame moderation has ever been. You might argue that a particular horse enthusiast has done worse things, which is true, but I'm talking about the overall system here.

Stop filling the game with people that lack authority. Why are you re-opening volunteer applications again when the system is this horrible? Does it not cross your mind how destroying the reputation of the GM tag is a bad thing? Give them their own separate tag so that I can know whether it's a glorified SPCM or someone who can help me.

What are new players supposed to think when some dude who's blatantly snapping to all angles can go on unharmed because the "GM" they are in contact with can only watch and do nothing? You seem so keen on being transparent, so why not tell us what your GMs can do? Mute? Kick? Freeze? It doesn't look like they have any actual impact, just some tools to delay things. What's the difference between volunteers and GMs? It doesn't seem like actual employed GMs are ever around. Even for actual staff GMs, word is that they cannot ban. Is this true? The list of questions just goes on and on.

Give us a blogpost about the current ingame moderation. Tell us what is going on. It's frustrating to see this part of your company be such a complete mess.

Lets be honest here. Did you really expect anything less when the GMs dont have the power to ban? There just reg players with an extra feature or 2 no real authority to moderate and keep the servers clean. As long as this continues and LO doesnt make cleaning up the servers a higher priority its only guna get worse.

9 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Lets be honest here. Did you really expect anything less when the GMs dont have the power to ban? There just reg players with an extra feature or 2 no real authority to moderate and keep the servers clean. As long as this continues and LO doesnt make cleaning up the servers a higher priority its only guna get worse.

Little Orbit is not refusing to deal with cheating , but they are refusing to ban without absolute proof.

The in game moderation that you guys are calling for would only hurt APB more.

We don't need another ban era of what G 1 did.

I don't know about other servers but on Jericho I only seen 3 people I would say are suspicious this past week , and I haven't seen them since so far.

21 hours ago, Salvick said:

The only solution I've found to solve these issues was completely stopping playing...again.

Edited font for visibility. This is exactly what I did.

Don't get me wrong, I fucking love APB and what it used to be. Played it everyday, first real mmo I stuck with. But god fucking damn it's a putrid mess of shit now and it's actually painful to play it.

Another thing, while it's nice to have a consistent community, I shouldnt be able to recognize literally every single name in the district. That shows that there's nobody new joining. There was new people for a brief period after LO's acquisition of APB, but that stopped fairly quickly. I should be able to come on and see names I don't know, low ranks and newbies, cars with original and new designs. 

I see none of that today. Not a single piece of that.

Things need to change, now. Engine Update, advertising/marketing, etc. Fuck RIOT, it was a dumb thing to have ever even wasted time concepting. They claim "its not a battle royale", even though that's exactly what it is. It's a battle royale with slightly different mechanics. APB doesnt need RIOT, it doesnt need a new gamemode, it needs a new fucking engine that isn't made of broken crayons and dog poo. After that, it needs model and texture updates assuming that those arent part of the engine update. After THAT, we can focus on content. But the focus right now SHOULD ONLY BE functionality and engine.

I pray that such a thing is realized before the rest of the community stops playing.

• Like 1

Can I just say that this is about more than just the cheater policy. I named them as examples but it's not the only thing the thread is about. I did criticize their cheater policy previously in a friendlier tone but this is mostly about the volunteer system and general GM presence. 

@SillyBear I have been very vocal about this outside of the forums for a longer period of time. The only reason I am now taking it to the forums is because I feel I have been patient long enough. The forums seem to be the only place where you can reach LO in a reasonable amount of time.

Edited by VanilleKeks

On 5/17/2019 at 12:43 PM, _gousk said:

No cheating? Not sure if your serious or trolling.

37 minutes ago, xHenryman90x said:

Worldwide personal ID is the only way to weed out cheaters.

There working on this already, Bills have already been presented to congress.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Willy Wonka said:

There working on this already, Bills have already been presented to congress.

That's awesome, source?

I'm just shocked that out of nearly 1,000 applications we only have a handful of GMs. 

Now we average 400+ players a day and they are taking applications again?

I guess you can only blindly deny so many applications while  giving your friends positions before you have to actually take things seriously. 

Hopefully it's not too late. 

Oh and P.S. remember how the first time around applicants were told that accepted or denied, all players would be given a response? And that inquiring about your application would be a dark mark on you?

Well apparently that turned into "we don't have time to copy paste replies, so if you didn't get a response you got denied". 

For whatever reasons this was NEVER explained to the community, so in case you were among the hundreds of players wondering why you never got a reply, now you know. And hey, at least it saves you the trouble of wasting your time by applying again. 

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

I'm just shocked that out of nearly 1,000 applications we only have a handful of GMs. 

Now we average 400+ players a day and they are taking applications again?

I guess you can only blindly deny so many applications while  giving your friends positions before you have to actually take things seriously. 

Hopefully it's not too late. 

Oh and P.S. remember how the first time around applicants were told that accepted or denied, all players would be given a response? And that inquiring about your application would be a dark mark on you?

Well apparently that turned into "we don't have time to copy paste replies, so if you didn't get a response you got denied". 

For whatever reasons this was NEVER explained to the community, so in case you were among the hundreds of players wondering why you never got a reply, now you know. And hey, at least it saves you the trouble of wasting your time by applying again. 

A gm position should never be granted to a player it doesnt matter your excuse is.

14 hours ago, VanilleKeks said:

Can I just say that this is about more than just the cheater policy. I named them as examples but it's not the only thing the thread is about. I did criticize their cheater policy previously in a friendlier tone but this is mostly about the volunteer system and general GM presence. 

@SillyBear I have been very vocal about this outside of the forums for a longer period of time. The only reason I am now taking it to the forums is because I feel I have been patient long enough. The forums seem to be the only place where you can reach LO in a reasonable amount of time.

Godbless your patience, not everyone can stand years of these apes ruinning the game as you did and when they are finally banned they given a "second" (wink wink) chance.

I admire you.