Hello, New to Fallen Earth here, been around on the forums for APB for a long time though.  I was just curious, how long on average would you say it would take a new player to get the point where they can own their first car if they just work straight toward that particular goal?  I basically only have one night into the game so far due to all of the downtime and bad timing on my part to start playing the game knowing about all the issues.  I figure that now with the new FallenNot4gotten code for the 4 weeks of Commander it should give me a nice boost right?  I'm just really curious how vehicles will handle in this game to be honest lol.  (By car, I mean car, not ATVs or dune buggies.)  

Thanks!

Edited by BrandonBranderson

For non marketplace cars you need to be level 27 before you can drive a car. The journey to 27 can be done in a day or 2 if you want to grind it out but that is long and boring so be prepared. To get there without grinding takes longer and the time taken depends on what you do in game, from missions to crafting. The more xp you gain, the faster you level. So it could take days or weeks depending on how you play.

If you feel like being generous to yourself you can buy a marketplace car which has no level requirements and be on the road as fast as saying "here is my credit card".

Happy driving!!!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Dracio said:

For non marketplace cars you need to be level 27 before you can drive a car. The journey to 27 can be done in a day or 2 if you want to grind it out but that is long and boring so be prepared. To get there without grinding takes longer and the time taken depends on what you do in game, from missions to crafting. The more xp you gain, the faster you level. So it could take days or weeks depending on how you play.

If you feel like being generous to yourself you can buy a marketplace car which has no level requirements and be on the road as fast as saying "here is my credit card".

Happy driving!!!

Thanks!  No idea why you got a downvote for that, it's some pretty helpful info.  I went ahead and bought the Flaming Battle Fastback off of the marketplace with some leftover G1c and I gotta say, I wasn't expecting them to handle like that lol.  It's like they're set on permanent cruise control and I was expecting something a little more physics based and faster for some reason, but looking at how this game operates the current system makes sense and real vehicle physics don't really seem possible in the current engine and would probably just be a buggy mess with terrain collisions n' all.  Either way, I'm not disappointed by it at all, just a little surprised because I've never played a game where vehicles operate like this before.

One other thing I was curious about is,  Sometimes when driving along the car would randomly speed up quite a bit and then slow back down a few seconds later.  Is this something that I might be triggering by mistake? 

Also now that I see the Fastback up close, I can tell where the inspiration for the NightRider body kit for the Patriot Jericho in APB came from

latest?cb=20150129200831

maxresdefault.jpg

Seems like a mix between the Fastback and the Interceptor from Mad Max.

Anyway, thanks for the info!

Edited by BrandonBranderson

There is a very angry person on the forums that feels they need to down vote everything I post to make themselves feel better. I thanked them for the laughs because it really is pitiful. But I digress...

When on roads out of towns you get a speed boost. It isn't something you triggered by accident, just a little bonus of speed the game likes to give us.

There are quite a lot of references to movies/tv series if you keep an eye out for them. The original devs where nerds just like the rest of us and had a sense of humor.

Happy travels. A car makes exploring the wastelands so much more enjoyable.

• Like 1

Well, that's kinda sad and pathetic.

Alrighty good to know!

I'll always appreciate movie references and a sense of humor.  One thing I can't stand these days is when developers take their game too seriously for what it is.  That's what made the first RAGE kinda meh for me.  Great game, but the serious tone sorta dragged it down in my opinion.

Also I gotta say the Fastback's idle sound is badass.

• Like 1

I've noticed that when driving an Interceptor on the open roads (fast speed) the vehicle will slow down near towns, points of interest, or points of Danger. Whatever, that's my take on it.

Happy hunting and don'y die.  🙂