Diabeetus_X

cant create character

I created caracteres but nothing happened when i pressed Play a few times. I then hit Exit to relog but now is like that, no chracters and no options but Exit... 

Edit: I rebooted computer and launched the game normaly and it seems its working fine.  Created char, pressed Play and it entered world. 

Edited by RuiFilipe

1 minute ago, RuiFilipe said:

I created caracteres but nothing happened when i pressed Play a few times. I then hit Exit to relog but now is like that, no chracters and no options but Exit... 

well atleast you got further than i did 😄

its working now

This has happened to me several times today.

Switching to an alt.

Or my favorite, can't get new quests or get your vehicle out of a garage, so you have to log to fix that, then no characters.

I post this in hope that the devs see it and can address it.

I am not trying to be a troll or whiner, etc.

Hi all,

For the record, I don't consider any of this whining.

It appears one of the servers goes haywire, and the specific aspects of the game stop working for a little while.

The situation eventually resolves itself, but while it is happening, it's very frustrating.

We are looking at it.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

It appears one of the servers goes haywire, and the specific aspects of the game stop working for a little while.

The situation eventually resolves itself, but while it is happening, it's very frustrating.

We are looking at it.

Thanks,
Matt

FE and its quirks are always frustrating. Good luck with resolving the disappearing characters. It has happened off and on over the years and had become part of FEs 'charm'. A charm many would be happy not to see again lol.

I'm cheering for you guys.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

We are looking at it.

Thanks,
Matt

Check for a sever "automated task" right around   :40 every hour, that lasts until :55 or so.

See my posts for more details about it.

Edited by Grelko

It's the first time in all the years that I've played the game that I see this happening, at least since 2011. They do not load the characters in the game, nor wait 5 minutes, it's frustrating.

It has happened many times over the many years I have played. Usually restarting the game or the server getting a swift boot fixed the issue. This is not to say it happened on a regular basis but often enough to be a known issue that was more irksome than anything else. Kinda like the bug where something gets stuck in the craft queue and you have to relog to clear it. Or when your characters load and are naked. Not game breaking but made you go 'tsk tsk' at FE.