shft

Please prioritise the live game over Riot

2 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

The title of this thread is "Please prioritise the live game over Riot"

Which means every last one of you seem to of derailed the meaning of this thread.

everyone in this thread is discussing the subjects covered in the op

your post (and now mine) are the most off topic of all, congratulations on derailing the thread

41 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

everyone in this thread is discussing the subjects covered in the op

your post (and now mine) are the most off topic of all, congratulations on derailing the thread

Nice of you to edit my post to not include the rest to make me sound completely different to what I said. Thanks.

14 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

Not denying that there are valid things in your post about stuff that needs to be fixed.

However your post contradicts fixing anything the way you are saying this on your post.

It's already been in many threads by Little Orbit as well as SPCT members that the engine upgrade is needed to properly fix  a majority of APB's problems.

You can not put the cart before the horse or it just can not go anywhere.

was my first post and

46 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

Regardless of everyone's opinions over what to nerf which seems based on what they do good with vs what they are bad with

The title of this thread is "Please prioritise the live game over Riot"

Which means every last one of you seem to of derailed the meaning of this thread.

~quoted my first post here~

Which is why I said that the way I had said it.

In other words I also thought this thread would veer off course into what it did now and unfortunately I was right.

I mean really guys you even derailed the derail of the derail 🤣

was my second.

And if you re read what others posted they did in fact not seem to notice for one reason or another how this thread is about how the op does not  like the engine and RIOT being prioritized over the Things he mentioned. (which I also mentioned right away that I am not denying there are SOME things needing work)

I caught onto this and how it is bad for APB to not deal with the engine upgrade almost completed which would help with being able to fix other things properly.

I was not derailing at any time but instead seen this for what it really is by the op post and what it said.

I just didn't start complaining and arguing over personal preferences which has no place in bug fixing. (like the n tec mentioned)

30 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

Nice of you to edit my post to not include the rest to make me sound completely different to what I said. Thanks.

i quoted the part relevant to my argument, nothing more nothing less

Like honestly, if there's any staff, or someone that could reach them, please just do exactly what shift, flaws and deadpixels wrote (about ntec jumpshooting) it's exactly the main fixes needed.

Consider them, please

Edited by Takotak
  • Like 1

@Glaciers

There is nothing wrong with having a shiled + ammo at the same time as well as any other mode combinations. Its not even remotely OP. Is Kev + healin spray OP? No, u just have to counter it. Dont ban if you r too bad to deal with a random situations.

I never seen ANYBODY to complain about modes like you. I get it, sometimes are players frustrated becouse they cant counter Kevlar, but thats it. Never seen anybody to complain about a freakin comsumable items, that adds a tactical depth, and makes your life easier?

We even discussed here on this forum and on old forum to make em permament, becouse why the hell not? Its a cool addition to the game, and its frustrating when you consume all your favourite, while there are hundrets of boomboxes in the mail.

I do not take sentences out of context. I am not the one who wants comsumable items to have a negative effects, that literally makes no freakin sence, so that was my reaction to you to ridicule your bad pointless idea, about adding negative effects to comsumables.. We both know that APB has certain RPG elements, but its not an RPG game. 

What I meant by saing a word game is that I noticed that you like to decompose sentences, and pick words to twist it to your favour. And its blatant AF, but at the end it makes no sence for those who follow the discussion. ahah

Edited by AxeTurboAgresor
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

Regardless of everyone's opinions over what to nerf which seems based on what they do good with vs what they are bad with

Im good with everything 😙

On 5/16/2019 at 1:20 PM, Flaws said:

And get outperformed by players who have the actual weapon for the actual range?

EDIT: Just wanna remind you guys how good the FBW and the .45 AP are for killing N-TECs in CQC or even Mid range sometimes due to their mobility.

No if you where a high level player you never will get outperformed by weapons that have longer range because you car game play it with your pioneer.

4 hours ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

Is Kev + healin spray OP? No

which is why i havent even mentioned it

btw ive yet to say anything is op

3 hours ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

Dont ban if you r too bad to deal with a random situations.

I get it, sometimes are players frustrated becouse they cant counter Kevlar

why do you keep bringing this up? its irrelevant to the discussion lmao

I never seen ANYBODY to complain about modes like you. 

i didnt realize pointing out flaws and suggesting changes was complaining

Never seen anybody to complain about a freakin comsumable items, that adds a tactical depth

at this point its clear that this whole conversation has gone over your head

there is no "depth" with the current consumables because you either use ammo box or shield, the other consumables arent even worth mentioning - thats not depth, thats an obvious sign of imbalance

4 hours ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

I am not the one who wants comsumable items to have a negative effects, that literally makes no freakin sence

why?

we've gone back and forth on this and yet all youve had to offer is "no", "you're wrong", "you're bad"

oh and "adds depth" which is clearly wrong

What I meant by saing a word game is that I noticed that you like to decompose sentences, and pick words to twist it to your favour. And its blatant AF, but at the end it makes no sence for those who follow the discussion. 

quoting the exact thing that im discussing seems pretty normal, why would i quote something that im not replying too?

@Glaciers its only flaws for you. As much as you d like to see this as imbalance, its not. Ammo box, and shields are more popular, but it does not make them superior to other consumable items. Just like Clotting agent is not superior to Fragile. Even less popular items such as boombox, and satchel charge holds its value for many players. Flak Jacket, Kevlar, Fragile, boombox, satchel charge, mobile supply - all this modes are perfectly balanced even tho they are not used so much. Its not making this items inferior, it makes them situational, and you should learn this new word. Situational ❤️ 

• Thanks 1

I very much agree with all of this. It is really sad to see that they put so much effort into something like RIOT when the playerbase is at an all time low. It's just going to split us up even more. You can tell that Matt cares for the game but adding a new gamemode is not it. It's way too late to go back now so we're just going to have to wait and see but the game in its current state, with all of the problems, is incredibly frustrating to play.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

Just like Clotting agent is not superior to Fragile

1557_omegalul.png

WEAPONS :

Ntec : statistically fine even though sometimes it's hitreg feels like traveling to mars when you need it the most.

Hvr needs to have the accuracy nerf reverted and instead decrease it's damage a little bit. 

Oca Whisper and pmg : need a range nerf.

Shotguns : should be reverted to what they were before LO fked them up.

Semi automatic rifle Obeya : is fine.

Obir : complete bs due to heavy burst damage, range, mobility, accuracy, equip time.

Rfp : even more bs than obir itself.

Oscar and carbine : oscar is somwhat bs but it's still acceptable while carbine is fine.

Low yields : needs damage, radius nerfs and should be only 2 grenades.

Grenades in general : should have a cooldown to get them ressuplied again.

Opgl : needs damage and radius nerf

Stabba opgl : since it's radius is far more bs than the normal opgl this one really needs a radius nerf.

MODIFICATIONS  

Yellow modifications : remove Shields and ammo boxes. 

Spotter : only one player per team should be able to equip this modification. 

Remote detonator : cheesy stupid modification imo that should be removed completely or you can just nerf it by cooldowns for the cheesy stupid players who like that mod.

CARS :

Pioneer : either nerfed to the ground or removed cuz it's abused to the extent that makes you want to break your monitor in high skill matches.

MISSIONS :

some missions are horribly unbalanced for one of the two sides and should be removed completely or reworked.

side note : I'm not saying this to everyone here but I like how there are complete morons here who don't know shit about this game yet are doing a great work spreading bs on these forums when they are in reality either bronze district players or borderline golds or just the kind of old "veteran" players who manage keeping their gold threat when they are still completely garbage at the game after thousands of hours of gameplay.

Meanwhile most of the real one's either stopped, playing long time ago (majority) or still playing and not giving af about forums (minority). 

Edit : but hey i guess Riot is more more important than balancing the game right 😉

Edited by WorldDominator
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, WorldDominator said:

I'm not saying this to everyone here but I like how there are complete morons here who don't know shit about this game yet are doing a great work spreading bs on these forums when they are in reality either bronze district players or borderline golds or just the kind of old "veteran" players who manage keeping their gold threat when they are still completely garbage at the game after thousands of hours of gameplay.

which one are you?

Just now, Glaciers said:

which one are you?

3 minutes ago, WorldDominator said:

Meanwhile most of the real one's either stopped playing long time ago (majority)

6 hours ago, Glaciers said:

oh and "adds depth" which is clearly wrong

But by adding a need to think on your feet , a need for more strategy , it does add depth , substance , to APB.

1 hour ago, WorldDominator said:

Edit : but hey i guess Riot is more more important than balancing the game right

If it were only those two choices then no. but riot is told to be coming with the engine upgrade so that we will have new content to hold us over while they work on balancing.

gotta have something to do its been years for new content so in a business sense it is a good strategy to keep APB alive.

18 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

But by adding a need to think on your feet , a need for more strategy , it does add depth , substance , to APB.

removing the need to choose between different mods for different advantages lessens the depth and strategy imo

either way im not sure you really need to think on your feet for a shield, and what strategy do you use for an ammo box? chances are opp isn’t going to attack you with one - it not like they’re offensive weapons (aside from memeing on someone)

it shocked me when I heard that RIOT was a new game mode.

They are "working" on the new engine, from what I keep hearing they are close (though they have been close for the last 4 years?) to finishing it.

Why release a new game mode when the new engine is around the corner.

RIOT makes me feel like a new game engine is never going to happen.

1 hour ago, illgot said:

it shocked me when I heard that RIOT was a new game mode.

They are "working" on the new engine, from what I keep hearing they are close (though they have been close for the last 4 years?) to finishing it.

Why release a new game mode when the new engine is around the corner.

RIOT makes me feel like a new game engine is never going to happen.

the intent is to release riot season 1 at the same time as the engine upgrade

theoretically, this would allow any new players lured in by the promising new game mode to experience apb without all the shitty performance issues and then orbit can dump content on them so they never leave

imo what’s really going to happen is riot will be an abysmal failure, the engine upgrade will be a buggy mess because it’s an engine upgrade, and orbit will be too busy scrambling to fix engine upgrade issues before the rest of the diehard community gives up on apb to pump out enough content to entice the few new players who get suckered in by riot

Edited by Glaciers
typo

1 hour ago, Glaciers said:

the intent is to release riot season 1 at the same time as the engine upgrade

theoretically, this would allow any new players lured in by the promising new game mode to experience apb without all the shitty performance issues and then orbit can dump content on them so they never leave

imo what’s really going to happen is riot will be an abysmal failure, the engine upgrade will be a buggy mess because it’s an engine upgrade, and orbit will be too busy scrambling to fix engine upgrade issues before the rest of the diehard community gives up on apb to pump out enough content to entice the few new players who get suckered in by riot

was the last test of RIOT using the new engine?

If not does it make sense to have RIOT work on both the old engine and new engine?

30 minutes ago, illgot said:

was the last test of RIOT using the new engine?

If not does it make sense to have RIOT work on both the old engine and new engine?

i have no idea how actual coding works, but clearly orbit has seen fit to do it this specific way

5 hours ago, Glaciers said:

removing the need to choose between different mods for different advantages lessens the depth and strategy imo

either way im not sure you really need to think on your feet for a shield, and what strategy do you use for an ammo box? chances are opp isn’t going to attack you with one - it not like they’re offensive weapons (aside from memeing on someone)

Ammo boxes blow up. Shields can  slow  progression through a door so your team mates have time to respawn and help defend.

Radios can make it to where you cant hear ladders and doors so its easier to sneak in at times.

So yes it adds to the game and dose in fact involve strategy.

10 hours ago, Amberwind said:

It is really sad to see that they put so much effort into something like RIOT 

Yeah i agree, i am sure most of us would rather see new contacts than some new silly mode that nobody asked about. The thing is they are probably trying to attract new players with this mode, but this game is not new player friendly and they didn't do anything to fix this! There is no district for new players so they have to play against players who have played this game for many many years. I said this a lot of times, we would have a lot larger playerbase if new players would actually have a chance to get some experience before they would have to play against more skilled opponents. So i really think they should have prioritise in more important things than this. If you have a broken game you first have to fix it, then you can add some more features and start advertising

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DeadPixels said:

The thing is they are probably trying to attract new players with this mode, but this game is not new player friendly and they didn't do anything to fix this! There is no district for new players so they have to play against players who have played this game for many many years.

^^^^^^

The tutorial really needs an overhaul. 

• Like 2

OP is on point by the most part, there's some things i can''t agree or disagree for sure, then there's things that i can disagree, that's why i can't give a proper reaction to this post.

So what positive i can say about the RIOT mode? It's still too early to tell, at least it doesn't have fps lag as much as normal game. I can still say that the EU should've been the first priority along with new contacts.

I just read "nerf all the things that can kill me".... xD

The radar, map, points, objetives and all the bugs you said is ok, that things need to be fixed, but the yellow mods meh!... just doesn't have any sense.

The other orange mods really you can get it tooooo late in the game and some of this you only can use to get fun, you can run away of the car if they are using a remote detonator and done, the same with low yields only have 4 meter of range for 580 damage if you're like 6 meters away you got like 380 damage or something like that (I don't know what you do, but usually when someone thrown me a grenade I run to the opposite side of the first explosion avoiding that another grenade damages me) , idk what "competitive" players want or if they want to make apb reloaded an esport or what to make it "balanced", but how Matt Scott said before exist an opposing weapon to fight against any weapon in apb, if you are being defeated by an NHR maybe and just maybe you can take a car and flank and use a cqc weapon to kill your enemy or maybe other NHVR  or if you are very angry an OSNAW or an explosive weapon (if you're one of those competitive players who really knows the game I really want to think you have or can lase any of these weapons).

But something that is really unbalanced is the matchmaking and that is something that was never mentioned here, so only remains as a personal opinion.

This sounds to me like one of those streamers said in one of his youtube videos that by the way looking for it I see that it has already been deleted... xD 

(but do not pay much attention to me, I'm just one of those silvers, casual players, who has also been killed with a shotgun, nhvr, remote detonator, low yield and who has also used them and who usually play to have fun and hang out)

• Like 1