I do recall a topic on the older forums regarding people editing config files to enable auto-sprint. Is this still allowed? If so, confirmation of a senior mod or up would be appriciated.

Yes. got a problem . it's probably just a technical problem .

should have been a key-bind to begin with or at least an option

Pretty sure the majority of players still use the bind, as Bellenettiel said, it should be a bind by default so I don't think they want to take that away from players. Also please don't take what I said as a fact, I'm just guessing based off their previous policies and stances on config edits.

Thank you all for your replies but I kind of still hoping a senior mod or higher could confirm this so it will be 'official', I don't want to get banned over a technicality if you know what I mean Frosi.

Edited by Spy

5 minutes ago, Spy said:

Thank you all for your replies but I kind of still hoping a senior mod or higher could confirm this so it will be 'official', I don't want to get banned over a technicality if you know what I mean Frosi.

You will not get banned for this. DMs and mail with staff have confirmed as much. Even shaders are fine til 3.5.

If not for the forum rules I would post the proof for all of this. Perhaps poke Matt yourself.

Yeah, always sprint and hold crouch stuff is allowed. It also should remain allowed and useable until they implement those as in-game options in the vanilla game.

• Like 2

I wonder why anyone would want a toggle-sprint option in a game like this. I think it's impeding.

Guess it all comes down to preference.

12 minutes ago, GhosT said:

I wonder why anyone would want a toggle-sprint option in a game like this. I think it's impeding.

Guess it all comes down to preference.

Judging by the fact that hold crouch / toggle sprint binds already exist it looks relatively easy to add to the game. The more options players have the better imo.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Frosi said:

Judging by the fact that hold crouch / toggle sprint binds already exist it looks relatively easy to add to the game. The more options players have the better imo.

Pretty much 85% of the things we do manually in the config files should be added into the game if possible.

No reason to hide it otherwise. =]

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 5/15/2019 at 10:21 AM, CookiePuss said:

You will not get banned for this. DMs and mail with staff have confirmed as much. Even shaders are fine til 3.5.

If not for the forum rules I would post the proof for all of this. Perhaps poke Matt yourself.

wait so shaders like borderlands? or just remove hue and stuff

Like I said before, a reply of a senior mod or up would be appriciated. It will clearly take away all doubts.

On 5/15/2019 at 11:42 AM, Bellenettiel said:

should have been a key-bind to begin with or at least an option

Given there is no stamina-system attached to sprinting there was never any reason not to have it as the default mode of movement.

Pressing shift or toggling to jog would make more sense in APB.

• Like 1

Had a reply PM of Matt, auto-sprint is allowed. Thanks for clearing that up Matt!

On 5/16/2019 at 3:34 PM, Noob_Guardian said:

wait so shaders like borderlands? or just remove hue and stuff

Messing with shaders is fine til 3.5

This was revealed in a private conversation between Matt and a player. 

Forum rules prevent us from posting private conversations or we would. 

7 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Messing with shaders is fine til 3.5

This was revealed in a private conversation between Matt and a player. 

Forum rules prevent us from posting private conversations or we would. 

That's weird, I've got a reply from Matt regarding this issue and he added that we're not allowed to use shaders. Better stay away from it just to be sure.

10 minutes ago, Spy said:

That's weird, I've got a reply from Matt regarding this issue and he added that we're not allowed to use shaders. Better stay away from it just to be sure.

This info dates from March of this year. 

You can contact @TheSxW for more info, the conversation was between him and Matt. 

He may be able to post the conversation since he is part of it, but sadly I cannot. 

My conversation with Matt about this is from May 17th, 2019. I wasn't planning on using shaders anyway but it seems there's still some things that are unclear regarding shaders. A sticky topic could fix this imho.

unknown.png

@Spy @CookiePuss @Noob_Guardian

additional "not holding sprint" is healthy for your fingers 🙂
hold crouch is better for your gameplay but its buggy if u press both CTRL and SHIFT

ps. its kinda of public question so u can share it + its attached only for UE3.0 version of the game, Current version. Not after Engine Upgrade

Edited by TheSxW
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TheSxW said:

your screenshots of personal correspondence with the staff violate the rules of the forum . me for such a violation is prohibited .

I don't know what shaders you're talking about here ? TOP AUTO SPRINT .

Edited by Yood

1 hour ago, Yood said:

your screenshots of personal correspondence with the staff violate the rules of the forum . me for such a violation is prohibited .

I don't know what shaders you're talking about here ? TOP AUTO SPRINT .

im not say i asked Matt about shaders LOL ...
anyway i asked As public as i can and i received an public response so nothing is violated

Edited by TheSxW

If there is a menu line to select or deselect auto sprint then i would not mind.

I personally would not use it or i wold definitely run too far out of cover and die

What I posted has been suggested on the old forums by people ages ago

No idea if it was on the new forums because its been a year now for the new forums and too many threads to name.

the problem should be fixed .

4 hours ago, Yood said:

the problem should be fixed .

problem is we do not drink enough to where there is no problem 😉