Sign in to follow this  
MattScott

5/15 Early Morning Maintenance

10 hours ago, WestSidez said:

Damn that curse spreading around these lands... 

For people having character loading issues, we are well aware of the situation and will be making further changes over time to improve this. The best thing I have done when my characters don't load, would be too wait up too 3 minutes, if still no character appears, re-log and that normally does the trick for me. I don't believe verifying files and stuff like that will improve the situation as it could be a character data transfer slowness from the database to your character select screens. 

Im sure when there is more information on the whole issue, Matt and the staff will keep all of you well informed. But for now, looks like the game is running smoother and if you have any questions, please let me know. 

Everything's been spiffy keen for me today.

I'm fair sure my problem yesterday was just a pesky gremlin that wanted to trick me into shaming myself by whining in public.

A couple minutes ago, fast travel wasn't working for me. I also heard some other people saying their's wasn't working earlier in the day.

After about 5-15 minutes, everything goes back to normal and everything works with no lag. Might be every few hours it happens. Its definitely some type of extended lag spike.

If you relog during this time, that's when people have no character selection. When the "temporary lag" subsides, everything is fine with that also.

Edit - it's working good now, a few minutes later. No lag at all and everything is working properly.

It was right around 1:42 Am EST, I'm not sure if you can go back and check any logs to see why this might be happening though.

Edit -  Also happening now around  2:42 AM fast travel not working.  2:56 fast travel is working again, but chat is a little slow.

Someone else said they're still lagging though, so it might filter out through different parts of the world at different times.

Edited by Grelko

Fast travel didn't work at

1:42 AM EST  (Pennsylvania)

2:42 Am      started working at 2:56 Am

3:42 Am      started working at 3:54 Am

It seems to lag "up to" 15 minutes each time.

Edit - After it goes back to normal, chat will lag for a few minutes afterwards. Then it will be fine until the next time.

Edited by Grelko

I am not ble to get into the game at all now... Like character selection is blank. Anyone else having this issue?

1 minute ago, Aquefire69 said:

I am not ble to get into the game at all now... Like character selection is blank. Anyone else having this issue?

yep

8 minutes ago, Aquefire69 said:

It all seems to be connected. It lags the fast travel, garages, login, switching characters etc.

Might be some server "automated task" that runs once every hour for up to 15 minutes each time.

I'm slowly getting it narrowed down. How often, how long each time in my previous post.

Edited by Grelko

29 minutes ago, Grelko said:

It all seems to be connected. It lags the fast travel, garages, login, switching characters etc.

Might be some server "automated task" that runs once every hour for up to 15 minutes each time.

I'm slowly getting it narrowed down. How often, how long each time in my previous post.

My characters have been mia for 45 mins now.

29 minutes ago, Grelko said:

Thanks. We're using this information to check the logs.

24 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Thanks. We're using this information to check the logs.

Also added a small post in here

Also, in this thread 5/15 maintenance, back on page 1, someone said they had trouble. It happened to be 8:50 Pm which is within that  :40 - :55 time frame.

Edit - Jumping back in the game for a few minutes, to see if it happens again around 4:42 Am

Didn't happen at 4:42 Am

It's possible, if it is an automated task, it might have been set to only run so many times each day. Or run at a certain time for a certain number of times, then switch to a different time of day. Because it happened at exactly the same time 3 times in a row.

Edit - This should include most "if not all" the problems with, Fast travel, problems taking quests, login screen, switching characters etc.

Edited by Grelko

This lag spike also dosent allow you to get any quests. But when it goes away, they all just appear in journal

Sign in to follow this