Sign in to follow this  
MattScott

5/15 Early Morning Maintenance

Hi all,

We'll be going down around 11:30am UTC time / 4:30am Pacific for regular maintenance.

There is no large database restore or repair planned, so this should be well within the normal maintenance window.

We have made some progress on optimizations that should help performance.

The hope is to clean up the various character loading and gameplay issues.

EDIT: Servers are back online as of 9:10am Pacific. 

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

This may have been answered elsewhere, but it's currently 3:00AM, I checked the game at 1:00AM, not online. So my question is did you mean to say it's going down at 4:30am, or did you mean to say that the game maintenance is being completed by 4:30am?

Edited by Murcuri
  • Like 1

The servers are more than running. No fun anymore. Too bad. If at least there would be new content. I am already about 8 years but I have not experienced anything like that. Best regards

So, we've got one guy complaining about 8 something am, even though this was based on Pacific Time.... And one guy is complaining about not seeing any new content over the course of what... 8 years? Last I checked they added EVERYTHING over 8 years...

19 hours ago, MattScott said:

so this should be well within the normal maintenance window.

How long is the "normal maintenance" anyways?

1 minute ago, Grelko said:

How long is the "normal maintenance" anyways?

Honestly, I always remembered it being about a one hour deal, four hours tops depending on what all it covered. This one's standard, so within that window. It's already been a couple hours since their "Start time" so shouldn't be much longer.

4 minutes ago, Murcuri said:

Honestly, I always remembered it being about a one hour deal, four hours tops depending on what all it covered. This one's standard, so within that window. It's already been a couple hours since their "Start time" so shouldn't be much longer.

That's not bad.  I think I've seen 1-2 hours a couple times, so I wasn't sure if that was the average.  Some games I've played over the years took 15 minutes up to 4-5 hours

maybe it will even longer due to server problems right before maint

14 minutes ago, Murcuri said:

Has a lot to do with age, Grelko.

lol ya I know, it also depends how many people play, the size of the game, items, etc.

Actually, I would just like an update, even just a few words. It has been 8 hrs since I was kicked back to desktop at midnight pacific time.

• Like 2

Hi all,

One of the game servers crashed before 4am, so the team started early.

My original plan had been to limit the scope of optimizations to reduce downtime. The goal was to do a short window this time and then more smaller scheduled fixed each couple of days till we got everything finished.

The bad news is that once we got started, the shorter maintenance wasn’t possible. So instead they decided to do everything in one go. My community team was asleep, so we weren’t able to get a post up.

The good news is that the work is done and servers are coming online now. The game should be up around 9:30am Pacific.

Thanks,

Matt

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, MattScott said:

The good news is that the work is done and servers are coming online now. The game should be up around 9:30am Pacific.

Thanks,

Matt

So half an hour from now. Sounds good, thanks 🙂

2 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

My original plan had been to limit the scope of optimizations to reduce downtime. The goal was to do a short window this time and then more smaller scheduled fixed each couple of days till we got everything finished.

The bad news is that once we got started, the shorter maintenance wasn’t possible. So instead they decided to do everything in one go. My community team was asleep, so we weren’t able to get a post up.

Thanks,

Matt

thank you for update .

6 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Thanks,

Matt

Yah, thanks from me too!

• Like 1

its easier to know(and plan own things) what's going on then sit in dark

13 minutes ago, MattScott said:

We are back online early! Servers are up.

Everything looks good so far. Character loaded in quick, fast travel is good, no lag when gettin my vehicle from the garage. Even the PC updater to login seems faster. Nice work :)

2 hours ago, MattScott said:

We are back online early! Servers are up.

thanks

Is the server working nice now?
can we now get the premium account with this update?

I'm calling Shenanigans!

When everyone else was having problems with their character not showing up when they logged in,  my character was right there, pretty as you please.

Now, when everyone else is all good to go, my character's not showing up.

Who put the curse on me?

Ahh. There it is. The curse just needed me to whine in public for it to be fixed.

Edited by Hereogar

Absolutely no problems playing at all yesterday except a an hour or 2 before I shut the game off. I had the game running about 8 hours straight, then another 3-4 later at night.

I experienced slight lag (it was mainly chat showing up 3-4 seconds later), but during that same time my internet was being used by a few other devices. I also never cleared the "in game browser cache".

Logged in a couple minutes ago and everything loaded nice and quick. No lag.

Sign in to follow this