jarko

Loitering in a " Action District " yes/no?

Loitering in a " Action district "  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Should they kick/move to social district players that are loitering in a " Action district " (Financial/Waterfront)?

• Yes, it ruins the experience for those that are waiting for a match
    • No, i prefer wasting the capacity of a district for my own distractions.

5 hours ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

Missions take up to 20 min

some can take 50

There's player hosted events as was mentioned already by AsgerLund

From what I have seen those events have had a good turn out and would not be possible if this was changed.

Unless there was a way to incorporate these events into APB then there is no good way to do the suggestion of kicking people or we could not have these special events.

Edited by Fortune Runner
  • Like 1

this thread probably only relates to jericho considering we only have 1 silver district up at a time as compared to fucking europe

10 hours ago, jarko said:

10 hours ago, jarko said:

Regards,

*Edit*

in my opinion, you consider the game in a very narrow spectrum . this idea is crazy .

I've removed a number of posts that were leading this thread to a direct assault on individuals.

Keep the discussion to the generalized topic at hand.

~@mayii

• Thanks 1

Just now, Amayii said:

I've removed a number of posts that were leading this thread to a direct assault on individuals.

Keep the discussion to the generalized topic at hand.

~@mayii

Well

Edited by Yood

I collect purple pumpkin - with what frequency do you I'll kick you from the area ?

playing crime, I steal and rent stolen cars - with what frequency do you I'll kick you from the area ?

Edited by Yood

11 hours ago, tarma said:

oh yea appreciate those who make the pop 30-40 and watch people complain about not getting opp. makes sense. and then when they do get opp its after an hour or so waiting. 

Merged.

its called mission district for a reason. ramps are used to get to a higher elevation to gain control of the high ground around an objective. fast cars are meant to travel to the objective sooner. dumptrucks are yknow the old grieftrucks i remember from 2011. 

Im sure sitting in district track yelling at em is productive enough, my bad.

I find it odd that this has suddenly become a major issue that needs to be dealt with. People have always "loitered" in mission districts. I remember being in dumptruck sessions with others for 1-2 hours in a Silver Mission District without anyone complaining.

With that being said, I understand the frustration of not getting op because of how matchmaking works and the amount of people allowed in a district, but who's fault is that? The toxic community is at fault. When I used to play APB for long periods of time, there would always be drama or shit talking in district chat. You could literally say anything you want in district chat without repercussions. I do not know if things have changed now since I haven't needed to report anyone recently, but I assume it's still the same. Combine this with antisocial behavior when grouping with randoms and you have a formula for disaster. 

What I find funny is that the players wanting this streamer + following to not have fun in a video game are the same ones who are toxic to other players. You guys do waaaaaaay more harm to the community than this streamer + following.

• Like 2

It is very annoying having to spam when there is like 10 people cruising around on a car all day playing social

• Like 2

I don't keep up with who's who. I haven't played this game like I used to in the past. I played one mission yesterday afternoon playing for a few months.

I'm saying this with no bias. If a player wants to host events, the considerate thing to do would be to host it in an empty district. Everyone is fully aware or should be aware of the matchmaking problem which includes the limited active player pool causing issues with creating fair matches.

I agree OP should have presented in a more neutral tone. But I don't think there's any contest that when possible, you should take non-mission activities to empty districts to be considerate to your fellow players.

Merged.

Maybe it needs to be stated but as much as we want to respect how people want to enjoy their games, that means we also need to respect players who want to enjoy mission gameplay. 

• Like 2

Kicking people for not playing missions in action districts is a bad idea.

People should be free to play the game how they want to, there will always be enough district spaces anyway; yeah you might not get Financial when you wanna level TipToe, mores the pity, but you'll always find somewhere to play.

I mean, the current set-up is still better than when they first rolled out segregation anyway, where we couldn't get any districts because of Silvers flooding our districts, but that's irrelevant.

Half the issue is... TRIGGER WARNING 

we haven't got a racing district.

13 hours ago, ItzKeppe said:

QD28yxv.gif

DgN2DPw.png

Just fill a second district, I like to fuck around a bit after a mission to blow off steam and would not appreciate being booted thx

Stupidest thing I heard all week. If you want to fuck around and blow off some steam then go to an empty district. I am tired of calling backup and no one is there to fill in the spot my former teammate left because you assholes want to "blow off some steam". "Fill a second district" Try filling another district with the current population its not going to work since everybody wants to do nothing but play in bronze. Nothing but selfish people in this game.

Edited by damn2112
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, damn2112 said:

Stupidest thing I heard all week. If you want to fuck around and blow off some steam then go to an empty district. I am tired of calling backup and no one is there to fill in the spot my former teammate left because you assholes want to "blow off some steam". "Fill a second district" Try filling another district with the current population its not going to work since everybody wants to do nothing but play in bronze. Nothing but selfish people in this game.

being hostile because of opinions...

yikes

• Like 2

with the critically low population even launching this game, it's astounding to come here and see people's comments.

• super expensive to keep operational
  • continual outages
  • regardless of upgrades, a highly complex code base to develop and extend

if this game continues to run with a small company like LO flipping the bill, and the thing continually is a cost center... it's in serious trouble. it takes deep pockets to keep the doors open over the recovery/relaunch of a game title.

anyone trying to support the game and stream it is taking on a losing battle. then you come here and see the chronic hatred towards anyone and everything.

and this... this is what everyone is left to see when they are potential new or returning players to the game. a giant dumpster fire.

Edited by uraputz
  • Like 1

dont worry guys

the uhh district phasing or whatever shit will fix all the problems

just like how the riot game mode has apb bringing in thousands of new players and the engine upgrade that came out in 2014 is doing so well!!!

• Thanks 1

You will be kicked drom action district if afk for 15 minutes or so.

What OP suggests is just stupid: some people like to ramraid, others just have fun w/o missions exploring the map or doing stunts or whatever they want to do.

Forcing them to play missions doesn't make any sense.

Dixi.

5 minutes ago, Gro said:

You will be kicked drom action district if afk for 15 minutes or so.

What OP suggests is just stupid: some people like to ramraid, others just have fun w/o missions exploring the map or doing stunts or whatever they want to do.

Forcing them to play missions doesn't make any sense.

Dixi.

You are missing the point. 

This isn't about telling people they can't ram raid. This isn't telling people they can't do stunts. This isn't about telling someone they can't grab 20 friends and a garbage truck and just drive around for 2 hours doing nothing. 

This is only about asking either LO to take action, or to ask that players please take these activities to districts where people aren't trying to do missions, in order to allow players who do want to do missions to have an opportunity to do so. 

It's basically asking people to not be dickheads. To think of their fellow players, or even better for LO to ask for us. 

Edited by CookiePuss

7 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

This is only about asking either LO to take action, or to ask that players please take these activities to districts where people aren't trying to do missions, in order to allow players who do want to do missions to have an opportunity to do so. 

This was never a problem.

There is absolutely no evidence to say that eliminating that specific part of the community from the districts you're interested into, will allow being filled with people ready for missions thus getting you more/faster opposition. It's an arbitrary conclusion.

The available people for missions are ridiculously low nowadays, and people are trying to explain why it's happening.

They need someone/something to blame.

Thus this thread happened.

No.

New players need discover all maps as they prefer and for the time they like.

Old players have to relax sometime just for have fun like the APB golden age of 2012

after OOB does will be introduced Out Of  Game? 

again, No. and Social is not funny for RolePlay.

before Loitering we should do something about dethreating and team kick.

• Like 2

Ahhh. Nothing like pool which favors only one side of argument. And more idiotic one.

Z7HeRxU.png

BuT mAh MiSsIoNs.

Can't even drive around or do some alternative shit, that's totally haram to you, eh?

I might be try-hard but i'm so totally against killing fun part of community.

• Like 3

i agree with jarko the game should kick/uninstall for players that are loitering in a " Action district " (Financial/Waterfront) because it ruins the experience for those that are waiting for a match