VanilleKeks

Theme Stealing Is Back

47 minutes ago, Sayori said:

Is back? It's been here always.

It sucks but nothing you can do about it other than lower your prices and set them to something reasonable so people don't turn to "piracy". Stop thinking they are something special just because you are selling them for a million and only few edgy carbine esports players are dumb enough to buy them. They are boring and uninspiring. I've spotted few "unique" ones that were 90's house tracks before. I don't mean you personally but in general.

tl;dr - change your marketting strategy so people don't sail the high seas.

Nice logic, well done!

But what would you say, if a person has requested an exclusive theme for himself, and he wouldn't like somebody else to has this theme besides the requester? And the creator of a theme, of course, won't going to sell it to anybody else: you offer him 500k, 1kk, 2kk etc., but still, he is persistent as for this question. And you, who got used to get anything easily, are offended that somebody doesn't want to satisfy your whims. And you go to a site, or to a coder, and tell there: "These fuckers don't sell themes to me, help me with stealing them then!". And you pay real money to get a stealer. 

As for your another phrase about "expensive" themes, there's only one answer - the market's rules work here well. If nobody would buy themes for 1 and more millions, nobody would sell it. But people are interested in it, you can't deny this fact. You wouldn't have any doubts to buy an original theme for 1 million if you had this money.

I want to say, if you don't want to pay so much - don't buy themes these themes then, there's a big assortment of midi themes for low prices. If you don't want to respect other people's spent time on really quality themes, why does anybody should respect your useless opinion?

4 hours ago, TzickyT said:

i don't understand people ... always making issues about stuff if u don't like it send customer support a message. what u going to say here about people doing stuff wil not help u a bit.

This was reported to support.

If you have been paying attention you know support isn't exactly fast. 

Reporting on the forums for an issue like this can see action taken faster. 

4 hours ago, Lign said:

There’re only themes with own ideas. None famous theme maker copies midi tracks in 2019

Everything has been done before. If it's not copied from famous track then it's copied from some underground/less-known track.

> Hey, but I just got inspired by *track name* and did not copy it! I changed some instruments and slapped bunch of effects on it, so now it's gonna be super-mega-original-big-unique™ theme!!11!!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yood said:

you may only own the rights to the licensed product .  do you have a patent ?

Ownership

All content on the Website and available through the Service, including designs, text, graphics, pictures, video, information, applications, software, music, sound and other files, their selection and arrangement, and your Account (the "Site Content"), are the property of the Little Orbit or its licensors with all rights reserved.

Source: https://www.gamersfirst.com/terms-of-use

4.6 You hereby absolutely, irrevocably and unconditionally waive, so far as is legally possible, any and all moral rights which may subsist in User Generated Content created by you, and

any broadly equivalent rights which you may have in any territory of the world.

Source: https://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/eula

Dunno who the hell dislikes you man. It's pretty fair point. But...

4.5.3 You irrevocably appoint Little Orbit as your agent for the purpose of removing or taking down any User Generated Content, whether from within the Game or elsewhere, where there has been a breach of the Rules of Conduct set out in condition 9, or any other breach of the terms and conditions of this End User License Agreement in response to a complaint or valid take down notice, (as referred to in condition 11) or otherwise at Little Orbit's discretion.

One of conditions 9 states that:

9.7 You shall not (and you agree to not) import any song or music in to the Music Studio within the Game (or any other part of the Game that allows music to be imported) without first holding all necessary Intellectual Property Rights and/or other legal rights in such songs or music to enable you to import such songs or music in to the Game without breaching the rights of any other party.

So yeah, question is - is song which is duped original or... copy of irl song? If second - you have no single law, bah, you actually breaching Rules of Conduct.

But original, self-created song? I guess if you press LO, they might act.

Edited by Mitne

Sorry for offtopic but I must ask, is it possible to import a song in-game ? Making a theme that way?

6 hours ago, Microtea said:

125k for "creative" copying from google'd midi files is still too much, genuinely don't understand all the hype about themes.

Hide contents

All you have to do is open bunch of same genre midi files, adjust bpm and copy each instrument from different file into editor so it does not sound like full blown copy-paste but still has some recognizable vibes. It's a big secret how to become king of

theme meme scene so shhh! 

Symbols on the other hand require real skill and creativity as you are limited in layers and can't freely copy-paste some advanced image even with semi-transparent window trick.

hate to burst your weird art hipster bubble but making symbols doesn’t inherently require more “skill” than themes, having messed around with both i’d say it’s the opposite if anything - the music editor is pretty lacking compared to the symbol editor

no one is using a theme stealer to dupe midi themes lmao, and no one is paying millions for them

1 hour ago, Microtea said:

Everything has been done before. If it's not copied from famous track then it's copied from some underground/less-known track.

> Hey, but I just got inspired by *track name* and did not copy it! I changed some instruments and slapped bunch of effects on it, so now it's gonna be super-mega-original-big-unique™ theme!!11!!!!

and by this logic no symbols are original either

i know for a fact that several of the “edgy” theme makers are also musicians irl, and create original (or as original as possible after 2000 years of human creation, for you cynics) stuff ingame

Edited by Glaciers
typo

9 hours ago, slayedbypunkbuster said:

Nice logic, well done!

But what would you say, if a person has requested an exclusive theme for himself, and he wouldn't like somebody else to has this theme besides the requester? And the creator of a theme, of course, won't going to sell it to anybody else: you offer him 500k, 1kk, 2kk etc., but still, he is persistent as for this question. And you, who got used to get anything easily, are offended that somebody doesn't want to satisfy your whims. And you go to a site, or to a coder, and tell there: "These fuckers don't sell themes to me, help me with stealing them then!". And you pay real money to get a stealer. 

As for your another phrase about "expensive" themes, there's only one answer - the market's rules work here well. If nobody would buy themes for 1 and more millions, nobody would sell it. But people are interested in it, you can't deny this fact. You wouldn't have any doubts to buy an original theme for 1 million if you had this money.

I want to say, if you don't want to pay so much - don't buy themes these themes then, there's a big assortment of midi themes for low prices. If you don't want to respect other people's spent time on really quality themes, why does anybody should respect your useless opinion?

lol. Thanks "god" I'm not that shallow to think that my self-esteem depends on my theme in a vidya game.

Nobody likes their stuff  stolen, not even the thieves but that's the reality. Once something is made in the digital world it's bound to be copied. And while we are at it, are you sure you don't  have any pirated software on your computer? No  pirated music? You never listen to music on youtube which is also pirated? ... Thought so 🙂

And lets not pretend making themes is something very complex like real music production. 

But you are right, it's a free market, fools can pay whatever they want, but doesn't stop me to point out it's pure stupidity 

And to be clear - I don't endorse theme stealing, I just find i amusing how everyone is guilty of piracy but cries about others  ripping their own work. 

Edited by Sayori

10 hours ago, swindIe said:

do people still care about themes?

Seems so.

MaH uNiQnEs

Edited by Mitne

im pretty sure that the themes u made , u took from a midi file of notes, meaning other people can make the same themes, its not really stealing , plus.. even if ur themes are stolen or w/e think yourself lucky its free advertisement for yourself, but all honestly . i wouldnt even bother , its the same as alot of people make "supreme clothes" addidas clothes , they all look the same . its not stealing XD

On 5/15/2019 at 10:49 AM, Glaciers said:

hate to burst your weird art hipster bubble but making symbols doesn’t inherently require more “skill” than themes, having messed around with both i’d say it’s the opposite if anything - the music editor is pretty lacking compared to the symbol editor

I second this.