VanilleKeks

Theme Stealing Is Back

Hey,

there are currently two or three accounts spamming the market with themes on citadel. These themes are stolen. I know this because I own several of the originals on NA. Furthermore, the themes listed are made by many popular artists, some of them don't even play anymore. Obviously the chance of all these different artists re-creating their themes on the same character is pretty slim. They are also sold for only 125k which is a lot lower than the standard for those (At least the once I know about).

This sucks because it really devalues some of the more rarer themes (Yes, some themes are a valuable thing whether you want it or not). The money these stolen themes generate will most likely be used to buy legendary weapons in order to "clean" the cash. It's also a banana move and achievable only with cheats. I would like you to look into this please.

Kind Regards

Vanille

• Like 2

bro shut up i’m about to get some sick prop dupes

• Like 1

APBs economy is dumb af. 

If no cheats are involved, I'm all for undercutting. 

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

APBs economy is dumb af. 

If no cheats are involved, I'm all for undercutting. 

Well, i'll just type it here again for context, but the chance of dozens of themes being perfectly recreated by ear is very small. Not to mention that cheats like this have existed before, so the possibility of a new breach seems more reasonable to me. They might have fixed the old way to do it but there's always more than one path.

Sure it sucks, but does it this really matter after all? I'd rather go to Baylan, it pays well enough. You and others probably still earn more money by creating themes etc, to the point that you have hundreds of millions of unused game dollars.

19 minutes ago, xHenryman90x said:

Sure it sucks, but does it this really matter after all? I'd rather go to Baylan, it pays well enough. You and others probably still earn more money by creating themes etc, to the point that you have hundreds of millions of unused game dollars.

not even sure how “creators will still make money” is a relevant argument, did you just time travel from 1999 to defend  your napster downloads?

regardless of your (incorrect) personal views on piracy, if this new method works similarly to the old one it means there’s a security vulnerability that needs to be patched 

I heard the public theme duping cheat was patched but there was a private one. It could also be someone trading/selling notes to songs. 

10 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

not even sure how “creators will still make money” is a relevant argument, did you just time travel from 1999 to defend  your napster downloads?

regardless of your (incorrect) personal views on piracy, if this new method works similarly to the old one it means there’s a security vulnerability that needs to be patched 

I mean that hundreds of millions of game currency in this game is meaningless, for me at least.

This is not anywhere as significant issue as real life piracy where money is truly valuable. They will fix it for sure.

It is possible there is a tutorial for those themes now.

Some artist have done that by either teaching their work or others have shown how its made from sites for song making.

the internet has grown

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Glaciers said:

Like this isn't clear for years now...

Just look at this people cheating.

Edited by Mitne

What themes are being put on marketplace. It might be quite old themes that were stolen during public theme stealer in 2017

Edited by Lign

Theme stealing was never really gone, it was back almost as soon as it was patched, just not in any public or free cheats

• Thanks 1

theme stealing itself isnt gone but most of the themes you see on marketplace are from the folder that has been going around russian apb community since 2017

• Thanks 1

Glad we got some people here with more insight in the topic than me. I really just wanted to point this out but I'm not that invested into the whole thing.

7 minutes ago, VanilleKeks said:

Glad we got some people here with more insight in the topic than me. I really just wanted to point this out but I'm not that invested into the whole thing.

I've checked the marketplace, all these themes had been stolen in 2017-2018 with public stealer. There're no new themes stolen from the theme contest or other new popular themes by majuler/arwoss/esgobar. But there's private theme stealer for only few players afaik

Edited by Lign

this makes me wonder, how can themes be stolen that easily, and  symbols not? Does the stealer analyze the data or capture the sounds and kinda recreates them?

2 minutes ago, LilyV3 said:

this makes me wonder, how can themes be stolen that easily, and  symbols not? Does the stealer analyze the data or capture the sounds and kinda recreates them?

Nah, it's memory based, you can make a symbol stealer as well but it's not that valuable

18 hours ago, Lign said:

Nah, it's memory based, you can make a symbol stealer as well but it's not that valuable

I honestly find that a bit odd.

Because there is only a pretty elitistic circle that actually knows those themes have value and even how they sound like. Most people wouldn't even recognize them at all.  So people pay a laod of money for a rather elitistic exclusive thing. Symbols work different, they are visually what they are and so everyone understands them, unless some very specific symbols and their not so obvious context.

But then, its a kinda free market, should people do with their APB$ whatever they want.  I just find it odd.

i don't understand people ... always making issues about stuff if u don't like it send customer support a message. what u going to say here about people doing stuff wil not help u a bit.

19 hours ago, Lign said:

There was a symbol stealer back in 2017, around the same period as the theme stealer. The symbol stealer is still present but isn't used as much as a theme stealer.

Edited by Spy

anyway they could theme steal this themes long time ago and now copy them and resell ...

125k for "creative" copying from google'd midi files is still too much, genuinely don't understand all the hype about themes.

All you have to do is open bunch of same genre midi files, adjust bpm and copy each instrument from different file into editor so it does not sound like full blown copy-paste but still has some recognizable vibes. It's a big secret how to become king of

theme meme scene so shhh! 

Symbols on the other hand require real skill and creativity as you are limited in layers and can't freely copy-paste some advanced image even with semi-transparent window trick.

35 minutes ago, Microtea said:

125k for "creative" copying from google'd midi files is still too much, genuinely don't understand all the hype about themes.

Reveal hidden contents

All you have to do is open bunch of same genre midi files, adjust bpm and copy each instrument from different file into editor so it does not sound like full blown copy-paste but still has some recognizable vibes. It's a big secret how to become king of

theme meme scene so shhh! 

Symbols on the other hand require real skill and creativity as you are limited in layers and can't freely copy-paste some advanced image even with semi-transparent window trick.

There’re only themes with own ideas. None famous theme maker copies midi tracks in 2019

Is back? It's been here always.

It sucks but nothing you can do about it other than lower your prices and set them to something reasonable so people don't turn to "piracy". Stop thinking they are something special just because you are selling them for a million and only few edgy carbine esports players are dumb enough to buy them. They are boring and uninspiring. I've spotted few "unique" ones that were 90's house tracks before. I don't mean you personally but in general.

tl;dr - change your marketting strategy so people don't sail the high seas.

Edited by Sayori

On 5/14/2019 at 8:22 AM, VanilleKeks said:

Hey,

there are currently two or three accounts spamming the market with themes on citadel. These themes are stolen. I know this because I own several of the originals on NA. Furthermore, the themes listed are made by many popular artists, some of them don't even play anymore. Obviously the chance of all these different artists re-creating their themes on the same character is pretty slim. They are also sold for only 125k which is a lot lower than the standard for those (At least the once I know about).

This sucks because it really devalues some of the more rarer themes (Yes, some themes are a valuable thing whether you want it or not). The money these stolen themes generate will most likely be used to buy legendary weapons in order to "clean" the cash. It's also a banana move and achievable only with cheats. I would like you to look into this please.

Kind Regards

Vanille

you may only own the rights to the licensed product .  do you have a patent ?

• Thanks 1