Sign in to follow this  
RevoFire

Random Freezes at Max FPS

The game will enter sessions where it will freeze for 5-10 seconds for about 5-7 times in a row. It's terrible and as you can imagine, is game breaking as it may render you useless for a large portion of a mission. This happens even when I have very high FPS consistently. I can be carrying 50+, 60FPS average and get this freezing issue. Actually, I reckon this has nothing to do with FPS at all. It may be a loading glitch, who knows? All I know is that this can happen even when you're not in motion, but if you dare move your camera or anything happens that will cause your viewport to move, it'll likely trigger the next burst.

• Thanks 1

Ive seen this happenz too, was in the district with this guy and it was happenin just puttin my 2 sence in

I useually noticed that when this happenz, my ping jumps from 60 to 250 then back down to 60, so it might be related to the lag that is happining at timez

Edited by ShaiShai
  • Like 1

yeah this bug happen to me only when i have stable fps.

Use vsync, if you are, disable it. 

Update your graphics drivers, or revert to an older stable driver if the problem started after an update. 

Make sure your PC isn't overheating, clean out air ducts and heat sync if possible. 

If using an HDD, Defrag your Hard Drive. 

Close all other windows while running the game. 

Make sure virus protection is in game mode if the option is available. 

considering what you are typing above
- my ping jumps from 60 to 250 then back down to 60
- it will freeze for 5-10 seconds for about 5-7 times in a row

i will add:
- short freezes each 60 seconds jumping from 90+ fps to 1fps and go back to 90+fps
- or freezes with frame time jumping from 10ms to 600+ and go back to stable 10ms

maybe this will help but it will lags hard ("hard lags" means for 3-6 seconds) once per 5-10 min depends on PC ( IF IT WONT HELP U REVERSE THE SETTINGS AND TRY TO USE SOME FLAWS CONFIG )

Reason: garbagecollector is broken and using function PurgingPendingKillObjects or ClearUnusedObjects causing this freezes

Fix for devs: removing clearing over time and clearing this after each mission or if it reach maximum 3000MB of ram usage

person who finds it: TheMaoci
his github: https://github.com/themaoci

-NoVerifyGC to shortcut

for more than 4GB of ram

in files APBEngine.ini and BaseEngine.ini

TimeBetweenPurgingPendingKillObjects=99999

GarbageCollectionMemoryCeilingGb=3.0

TimeBetweenPurgingPendingKillObjects=0 -> turns off the garbage collector but at the same time bugs the Editors in game so dont use that
+ id preffer to use low config with that because it will fill up slower. It will clear RAM each time it reach 3GB, something around 2600-3050MB above 3150MB game crashes
lowering GarbageCollectionMemoryCeilingGb should lower the ram force clear on GB usage (if u set below 2.8 it will not work - not sure about lower values but it works for me at 3.0 and above
for me
if i set it on 3.0 it will clear ram at ~2600MB
if i set it on 3.5 it will clear ram at ~3100MB

TimeBetweenPurgingPendingKillObjects -> this one only freezes game each minute if its set to default 60