Sign in to follow this  
Sayori

So what kind of powers volunteer GMS are going to have?

^ title

Read everything, can't see the powers listed?

Having the obligation to report any activity that is against Terms of Service or Code of Conduct in a specified place

Having an obligation to use your GM powers only for good and neatly reporting their usage to selected specified staff members.

Is it just going to be reporting to higher ups or volunteers will have any powers?

I sure hope they don't have direct powers because I don't trust ANYONE in this game.

Also didn't see a requirement for clean ban history, only saw that people have to mention it if they were banned ever.

Terrible idea to give such people powers.

This is why if you have a criminal record you can't run for office or any gov. positions. Or be law enforcer.

And finally, it's not the players responsibility to police themselves. It's yours, LO. Just like any state responsibility is to provide basic public services.

Edited by Sayori

Holy jeebus, the proportions are completely out of whack here... it’s an online game with paid employees and also volunteers, ffs. Keep criminal records, politicians, law enforcers, and ‘state’ responsibility out of it.

As far as we have been informed, volunteer GMs have no banning powers. They observe and report, probably with a more direct line to the responsible people at LO than a normal player /report.

As for ban history, it was/is interesting related to applicants, because some bans may be disqualifying while other may not. People change, false bans happen, etc. So having a ban should not automatically be disqualifying.

Now get a grip on reality and develop a sense of proportion.

Edited by AsgerLund
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AsgerLund said:

Holy jeebus, the proportions are completely out of whack here... it’s an online game with paid employees and also volunteers, ffs. Keep criminal records, politicians, law enforcers, and ‘state’ responsibility out of it.

As far as we have been informed, volunteer GMs have no banning powers. The observe and report, probably with a more direct line to the responsible people at LO than a normal player /report.

As for ban history, it was/is interesting related to applicants, because some bans may be disqualifying while other may not. People change, false bans happen, etc. So having a ban should not automatically be disqualifying.

Now get a grip on reality and develop a sense of proportion.

lol, I'm not requiring peoples police profiles.  I only made a parallel in comparison of how rl systems works. How do you think any systems are designed? Of course they follow the same principles even in games. Or should. So calm down your tiddies.

Falsebans are minority, like single digit percent despite how everyone claims their ban is false positive and besides LO has no way of knowing so it's just better to make "no ban history" policy.

All I wanna know is whether those people will have direct powers or they will just relay the information.

They can teleport you on top of buildings.

... so thats something, I guess.

No they do not have powers, only I do.

Edited by Deadliest

20 minutes ago, Deadliest said:

No they do not have powers, only I do.

Do you have the power to calm down my tiddies?

I wouldn't trust a single APB player to be a GM or have any sort of power in game since most players are either egoboosted, straight up brain damaged and/or immature.

This is also most likely going to be another round of favoritism anyway so thank god they barely have any power over anyone other than being able to kick players and contact LO directly.

Edited by swft
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Sayori said:

^ title

Read everything, can't see the powers listed? Terrible idea to give such people powers.

⦁    MUST be 18+;
⦁    Deep knowledge of the game you are applying for;
⦁    General knowledge of the Terms of Service;
⦁    Friendliness and professionalism to handle the positive as well as the negative situations that may arise;
⦁    Objectiveness and patience to handle the issues in the best possible way while being consistent and fair throughout, and without discrimination or favouritism;

I think everything is fine . in any case, the internal service always clean up the trash .

Edited by Yood

1 hour ago, AsgerLund said:

Do you have the power to calm down my tiddies?

He better fucking not.

oF5W4zO.gif

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sayori said:

I only made a parallel in comparison of how rl systems works. How do you think any systems are designed? Of course they follow the same principles even in games. Or should.

the well documented correlation between criminal history exclusion and recidivism aside, why would orbit suddenly need to conform to an irl criminal punishment system now?

would you prefer all cheaters are only banned based on a decision made by their peers?

4 hours ago, Sayori said:

Falsebans are minority, like single digit percent despite how everyone claims their ban is false positive and besides LO has no way of knowing so it's just better to make "no ban history" policy

we have no direct information on false apb bans other than orbit’s statements about the fairfight debacle, let’s not throw around made up facts 

4 hours ago, Sayori said:

All I wanna know is whether those people will have direct powers or they will just relay the information

we were told the limits of volunteer GM powers the last time applications were open, why the sudden hoopla

latest?cb=20180919180212

Oh noes, APB is finally going to be destroyed when the volunteer GM is chosen.

We already know how well volunteer GMs go. :)))))))

• Like 1

12 hours ago, swft said:

...so thank god they barely have any power over anyone other than being able to kick players and contact LO directly.

They might have the power to piss other players off more than they already do as regular players...even when they might look like doing everything correctly and pretending they do it to "help"...

they can do fun things, that's about it .

3 hours ago, Ketog said:

they can do fun things, that's about it .

ya i remember the last time a gm did fun things

the nerd was bitching about how someone killed him when he was invisible and 'only wanted to talk' while kicking people who claimed they killed him.

When you think things could get worst...

Lets reach 400 players!!! We can do it!

Edited by SillyBear

Sign in to follow this