hackerung

Remove Golds from Bronze

For the last week or so, I have been waiting on average, right at an hour to log back in MY CORRECT threat district.

I don't know how to post photos here but can show that my Character is IN FACT BRONZE. i don't click off the white box in the ADVANCE LAUNCHER. I know from experience the Silver District (skill set) is way 2 advanced for me. I play a cop character...now i have another tiresome recommendation.

When a character of the SAME threat district tries 2 log in.. the people that are 2 THREAT LEVELS above THAT district, the 1's that have been their the longest should be in-fact REMOVED to make way for the CORRECT threat PLAYER.

now lets hear the whining about that.

On 6/5/2019 at 6:13 PM, cyral said:

You must be new here, You see I AM 1 OF THEM LOW SKILLED PLAYERS. that constantly YELL at these same players in-game for doing these same things. my current CONTACT rank is 225...THREAT RANK is PERMINANTE BRONZE. and like I've said and others the numbers are ONLY an inducator of 1s DETERMINATION to stay and build in this game....I'm sitting on right @1100 hours in and barely can kill 1 player every 3 hours. vs. 1s that do get a kill count PER-MISSION of 15+

and too me BY YOUR OWN PIC'S

you look 2 be one of these HIGH SILVER'S that you speak of...that's here trying your hardest to kill BRONZIES UNMOLESTED by these same GOLDS..

To me they are a BIG-PAIN-IN-MY-FRACK-HOLE. 

So change????

Yea I would LOVE 2 see em banned from the game PERMINANTLY. but that's unfair 2 em..

Restrictions???

That would be ideal...make it HARDER for em to achieve their goals in that 1 district and they would be in-game forced to move on..

Your giving em REASONS 2 STAY. Take that away and you will see a gradual mentality change.

plus i would love too see @VickyFox would say about this thread now...

Dear Vicky,

I didn't start it this time but would love to read your opinion on this again...Give us your wisdom and insite, I personally have given my 3 pence worth... Your TURN...and yea I threw you under this bus.🤗 Cyral

I have seen this thread a few times but decided to avoid it because I reached the point of being tired and burnt out on repeating myself.

Everyone wants matchmaking and threats to be fixed but the way people react is best described as frustration and impatiences, a solution is wanted here and now to something that is just bigger than a single solution.

Sorry for the late reply, I was away from home on Red Cross deployment for since last Wednesday, Just got home and already on Standby for a major incident in London!

On 6/10/2019 at 2:24 AM, JustAnotherAPBPlayer said:

👏DE-THREATING👏CANNOT👏BE👏FIXED👏WITHOUT👏A HEALTHY👏PLAYERBASE👏

End of story.

I guess it's GG then. Because playerbase won't increase for as long as golds keep chasing noobs away from the game. Rip APB's population. Destined for years to come to have the same "ACTIVE" 300+ players.

On 6/10/2019 at 2:24 AM, JustAnotherAPBPlayer said:

End of story.

I can tell you of a time when dethreating wasn't really a thing, if people did it then it didn't have any affect and didn't really matter. Yeah some did it for fun but it was a bit pointless like stacking dump trucks.

Before yes there was bronze, silver and gold threat districts but they were not enforced and everyone played with everyone else in game...

But then GamersFirst decided to try and enforce the threats to make the games more fairer by keeping players to their threat or 1 level below. This backfired!

Once that barrier for made, it was an incentive for people to break it to get easier opponents by trying to manipulate the threat  and matchmaking system. This must of been about 2014 district threat segregation and dethreating started.

For what it's worth, LittleOrbit is trying to make APB less toxic and more fairer of a game.

Their most recent attempt is to make all cooldowns at 100% so premium members do not have an advantage there anymore with quicker use of mods or consumables.

8 hours ago, hackerung said:

I guess it's GG then. Because playerbase won't increase for as long as golds keep chasing noobs away from the game. Rip APB's population. Destined for years to come to have the same "ACTIVE" 300+ players.

I have said this more times than I have seen hackers in game... Dethreating isn't a 1 fix problem, If it was that simple then I'm sure LittleOrbit and GamersFirst would of done it.

The threat system is outdated and needs to be replaced. Putting up more deterrence in threats districts is only going to encourage some to find other ways around the barriers which undermines the threat system. That is all it'll be, A deterrence, It won't stop people from dethreating in other ways.

At the end of the day, APB is a player vs player game that is open world... It's not a competition where different skill tiers would make the game an even playing field.

There WILL be more experienced players that are just better. Accept it! And if you think this is unfair then you're looking at the situations in game the wrong way. Every loss is an opportunity to learn and to win the next time. Like I said, It's not a competition.

If you feel like you're not improving in the view of the wider game then that is because you're not allowing yourself to be tested.

"Practice makes Perfect" - such a true statement, but here's a reality check for you:

...Let me be the first to say congratulations when you become the perfect bronze!🥉

You only get better by playing better opponents.

@cyral Now I had a day off and some morning coffee, Yeah feeling better now thank you.

Long time no see my old rival! 😉

Edited by VickyFox
  • Like 1

@VickyFox Rival🤨 and here i thought we was barbershop buds🤔 but i'm glad your doin well...as for me I was working doing OTR stuff the last year.. now i come home 2  new anti-cheat software thats bugged so bad it makes the inner city roads smooth by comparison.

in Jan. i'm looking to go back otring for a bit..

and you already know how i still feel about topics like this...but i'm learning that as players we reach a point that is our own personal plateau of skills.

and for others who have transcend our personal heights does feel like we're constantly on the loosing end of every in-game match..

now I personally have been shut-out of sooooooooooooooo many matches its unbelievable.... 0 points and cash...

now i pick and choose my matches that look like it might be fair to me...and yes i do get reported a lot for this attitude..but the current state of the MM, is broke in favor of all these nice long standing players that do deliberately abuse the current threat system.

sometimes by the TAB mission screen it looks like i'm the only Bronze left in an all GOLD district.

And yet I only play in the Bronze Districts...And on a daily basis i watch soooooooo many people De-threat just to be able 2 re-log back in..and its ALWAYS the same 1s. By the current system in place on Jericho the game is still un-playable at best.

i really haven't seen any true new players that last more then 2 hours, the rest are just re-rolls.

These re-rolls are becoming a problem.. IN order to get the "T" they need to start a brand-new account.. thats multi-accounting and thus bannable.

when you buy a char slot from ARMAS you will start at char. level 9 along with your current threat level...

• Like 1

@VickyFox I don't think you're seeing the issue propperly.
I understand, people should play more to get better. That's not the issue.

The issue in it of itself, is that they're not allowed, or given enough time to get better.

You have rank 9s who've just installed the game, barely got green or bronze, and they're being put agaisnt people with osmaws, ogres or armas weapons.

There's no learning curve you can take that's fast enough to let you adapt to this fast enough. I've seen Golds in bronze fighting T players! I mean come on, really?!

Newer players are getting chased away. They're joining, getting destroyed, and leaving the game forever because they couldn't get into it.

THAT is why the population isn't growing. Because golds in bronze are teaming up on these people for fun, making the game NOT fun for them in return.

I don't care what work-around they find. If it anoys Dethreatters long enough to get them to stop, or to get them to go easyer on newer players, I don't care. 

But something DOES need to be done, or the playerbase will just get smaler.

15+ of my friends, and clan-mates quit already. I've no more than one or two friends in the game left and THEY are talking about quitting too.

The game is unfair. Gold players teaming on new players is unfair. And that needs to be fixed so the community can grow.

Edited by hackerung

Do yall really think that its going to help if they make it so that golds cant play in bronze? Lmfaoo I don't think it will tbh.  Let say that they do go with that plan.. I can only see bronze district population be low all the time ( Means you will hardly get enemies for matches and most people will probably quit the game and complain that "there is nobody playing in bronze anymore".)  and I can see yall complaining about silvers wining all the time LOL. I think they will only kill this game even more if they do any of that.

4 hours ago, hackerung said:

@VickyFox I don't think you're seeing the issue propperly.
I understand, people should play more to get better. That's not the issue.

The issue in it of itself, is that they're not allowed, or given enough time to get better.

And my point is I've seen this suggestion made a hundred times and as valid as the concern and upset is, a hard lock of threat is a hasty suggestion which doesn't fix the underlying issue. 

I know it's unfair, I know there isn't really a reasonable starting point and I understand the system is broken. 

The system needs to be redone, just hard locking threat is a sticking plaster to a wound that won't heal. 

Your suggestion won't work in the way you think it will nor will it last as long as you think before people find a work around. 

There was a Reffer a Friend beta test back under G1 that rewarded the player for reffering someone but no reward for the new account and no new rules to go with it. 

Players made new accounts and played hours so each other can just get a exclusive gun. 

That was done on mass and the project was suspended after I think 3 months, no bans were made as G1 felt they were partly responsible. 

... That kind of thing doesn't happen by accident, if they can find a way to abuse the system like dethreating then some will put effort into it!

...just be careful what you wish for. 

Edited by VickyFox

1 hour ago, VickyFox said:

There was a Reffer a Friend beta test back under G1 that rewarded the player for reffering someone but no reward for the new account and no new rules to go with it. 

Players made new accounts and played hours so each other can just get a exclusive gun. 

was launched to cheat the real number of players . G1 knew what he was doing .

Edited by Yood

On 6/17/2019 at 9:04 AM, VickyFox said:

And my point is I've seen this suggestion made a hundred times and as valid as the concern and upset is, a hard lock of threat is a hasty suggestion which doesn't fix the underlying issue. 

I

it took me a few months debating with VICKY to come to the same conclusion as she shares here..

the Golds/De-threaters are there in the 1st place cause its easier for em to collect points/cash and mission rewards.

A strait out right HARD-LOCK will cause em to De-threat back 2 Bronze and thus making that in-effective..

most of the players will only need 2 missions to go back gold again and this time their stuck in with the newbees/low skilled players... 

On 6/17/2019 at 9:04 AM, VickyFox said:

The system needs to be redone, just hard locking threat is a sticking plaster to a wound that won't heal. 

Your suggestion won't work in the way you think it will nor will it last as long as you think before people find a work around. 

shes right on this issue...we need a new system in place to prevent the farming of the Bronze districts in all...

the current threat system allows for 1 threat level below your current 1, and you can enter that district unmolested by the games ADMINS.

but in reverse you can be a TRAINEE and bounce all the way to the GOLD districts unmolested by the same system.

On 6/17/2019 at 4:28 AM, hackerung said:

You have rank 9s who've just installed the game, barely got green or bronze, and they're being put agaisnt people with osmaws, ogres or armas weapons.

Newer players are getting chased away. They're joining, getting destroyed, and leaving the game forever because they couldn't get into it.

THAT is why the population isn't growing. Because golds in bronze are teaming up on these people for fun, making the game NOT fun for them in return.

I don't care what work-around they find. If it anoys Dethreatters long enough to get them to stop, or to get them to go easyer on newer players, I don't care. 

But something DOES need to be done, or the playerbase will just get smaller

The game is unfair. Gold players teaming on new players is unfair. And that needs to be fixed so the community can grow.

nice quotes...you must've read some of my arguments in the old Forums from 2 years ago.

and @VickyFox can tell you, when I 1st started i stayed Green, I played in the greens for quit some time,these same weapons you are describing here was the cause of my start in the Forums.

I was seeking a shit load of guidance and trying to understand why these people w/ these weapons need 2 come to the Green Districts and abuse us to the point people litterly uninstalled just within minutes of char. creation..

I watched in a years time a games healthy population decrease from well over (daily log ins now) from 850 to less then 100 now...the 850 was on all threat level districts, now we can barley fill 1 set of districts on the weekends much less weekday play...

Currently RIOT is sooooo bugged i can't even get a map to load up...but yet the normal Districts load just fine.

On 6/17/2019 at 5:19 AM, Yood said:

and @Yood, Matt Scott is soooooooooo full of crap that's why he wears a scarf in the summertime..to prevent you from smelling him....when it comes 2 his plan on MATCH MAKING...it still allows for DTers to be able 2 FARM the low skilled and true rookies of this game un-molested... Name & Shame removed.    -Mina_

his plan is going on 8 months now and nothings changed.

That was to keep the low-skilled players still interested while they were getting brutality raped in every mission from quiting the game.

On 6/10/2019 at 3:24 AM, JustAnotherAPBPlayer said:

End of story.

I along with many others  agree with you..

when G1 ALLOWED the cry-babies to be-able 2 DT, they essentially killed the game. before the threat was unlocked 2 the anarchy it is now we did have a healthy and true player base that was on a steady growth.now..."shrugs" 

its like this...the DTers went where they litterly can keep a huge plus on their k/d ratio...along with the HUGE cash fall they get for doing 10+ kills in every mission.. a lot of peple were getting shut out on missions, so they left for other games that they can be  giving a little reward for.

On 6/17/2019 at 10:42 PM, cyral said:

and @Yood, Matt Scott is soooooooooo full of crap that's why he wears a scarf in the summertime..to prevent you from smelling him....when it comes 2 his plan on MATCH MAKING...it still allows for DTers to be able 2 FARM the low skilled and true rookies of this game un-molested... Name & Shame removed.    - Mina_

his plan is going on 8 months now and nothings changed.

when you play on your (location) server with a ping of 10 - 100 MS in the bronze area you consider it acceptable . I played Erule past time - a 0.02 % matches

23 hours ago, Hi_Im_Paul said:

Do yall really think that its going to help if they make it so that golds cant play in bronze? Lmfaoo I don't think it will tbh.  Let say that they do go with that plan.. I can only see bronze district population be low all the time ( Means you will hardly get enemies for matches and most people will probably quit the game and complain that "there is nobody playing in bronze anymore".)  and I can see yall complaining about silvers wining all the time LOL. I think they will only kill this game even more if they do any of that.

Inless you're in nekrova, or Jericho at certain times of day, false. Bronze servers can hold a healthy number of players without tryhard pubstomping gold players. The golds are the only ones complaining silver is empty. If they were in silver, to begin with, it wouldn't be.

If all Bronze and lower would join the Green server everything would be fine. 

The problem is information. 

New Players just load the game and play and don't know how to manually select a district. 

If they did, No more Silver 255's that instantly go and stay Gold all day/night. 

This is the only thing that can be done. 

Golds sure as hell are not going to play in their district.!

And have no real leaders. 

Can we please get together and form something. I have already been thinking about this. 

I want to teach New people how to join Green. 

I have made symbols and shirts on marketplace for 1$.

I also want to promote a discord for Bronze only. 

I want to tag billboards all over Bronze District and use the Refer a friend sign. 

I need help. 

Maybe start off with a date for Bronze to move to Green. 

I want to make a Green District SkatePark Jump Contest for said date. 

And I will judge and personally giveaway a 3 slot Vegas car! 

This is for NA Jericho Bronze lvl or below. 

Would like other people help me formulate more plans. 

Its up to us!

@Havana

Your plan sucks.

I st of all there is a good healthy BRONZE population in Jericho now..

We don't come out to be slaughtered too often.

Why do we "bronzies" need 2 move districts??? All it'll do is get the Gold/Silver threat players a VERY GREAT Freakin excuse to DT to Bronze threat so they can go to the Green Districts..

I've ALL FUC-KING ready lived through that NIGHTMARE once... 

Why are you asking me to do that again..???

Edited by cyral

At least its something. You are right and I agree with you about the threat system and matchmaking. 

But that argument has gone on for years and nothing has happened. 

So we can fuzzy bunny and do nothing or try something. 

Merged.

Golds are not going to go to their district. Silvers don't like playing against premade Gold teams in Silver. So silvers go to Bronze. 

This isn't fair to Bronze. 

But, if Bronze and beliw played in Green no Silvers could follow. 

Sure there might be a some Silvers dethreat ro bronze. But, they can't be that good if they do that. 

That would take a really long time for most Silvers. 

There's always going to be some turds. 

Merged.

On 6/9/2019 at 11:33 PM, cyral said:

For the last week or so, I have been waiting on average, right at an hour to log back in MY CORRECT threat district.

I don't know how to post photos here but can show that my Character is IN FACT BRONZE. i don't click off the white box in the ADVANCE LAUNCHER. I know from experience the Silver District (skill set) is way 2 advanced for me. I play a cop character...now i have another tiresome recommendation.

When a character of the SAME threat district tries 2 log in.. the people that are 2 THREAT LEVELS above THAT district, the 1's that have been their the longest should be in-fact REMOVED to make way for the CORRECT threat PLAYER.

now lets hear the whining about that.

Again, I agree but its not going to happen. The only solution for now is the lower tier playerbase do something about it. Its not perfect,but its something. It would take alot of effort to teach Newer players how to got to Green. I want to try, it would be great to have help. 

its funny how people are still complaining about threat lv when its not the real problem.

a bronze player is able to win against silver/gold players, but they won't because of the high amount of cheat and hacks on apb.

• Like 1

Well, unfortunately my idea to educate Bronze and below to play in Green won't work.

I was hoping this would help me players out without waiting for LO to do something. 

But, it won't work because the threshold to go from Trainee to Green and Bronze is completely ridiculous. 

I made a new account to try and promote the idea, and made shirts to giveaway and symbols. Even made a 3 slot Vegas to giveaway.

I didn't even want to play at all on this account. 

Nobody would even accept my friend request as a Trainee.

So, I figured I would play 1 match or 2 to become Bronze.

Played 1 match and I was Silver!

So STUPID.!

So if I truly was new to the game with experience in shooters and did good. I go straight into playing against 7 year vets next time I log on.

C'mon, this is just pathetic!

I've been saying this forever, but the system should reward players for playing on the proper servers. Like double or triple everything : money , xp  and have each kill count as 2 or 3 kills in the role progression (the game's an insane grind anyways). Add a premium boost and you'd level up faster playing legit than people paying for hacks.  Add rewards for unopposed missions and even if I end up alone on a gold server I can still be rewarded farming while waiting for OP. 

Also rewards for unopposed missions would be a great way for new players to learn the game. Just getting to and completing objectives in time can be hard for newbies and the fact that they can't practice without being farmed doesn't impress a lot .... actually I've introduced about a dozen people to this game over the years and they ALL said fuck this to the skill cliff. While having a guy with over a thousand hours experience walking them through every aspect of the game. 

5 hours ago, Drai said:

Also rewards for unopposed missions would be a great way for new players to learn the game. Just getting to and completing objectives in time can be hard for newbies and the fact that they can't practice without being farmed doesn't impress a lot .... actually I've introduced about a dozen people to this game over the years and they ALL said fuck this to the skill cliff. While having a guy with over a thousand hours experience walking them through every aspect of the game. 

From what I recall, in 2011 there was a normal tutorial district on financial where only trainees could join.

Missions there were non opposed, so it was possible to figure out at own pace how objectives etc work. I think it was better than the current tutorial.

Current tutorial is bit like a wall of text and I think people would mostly prefer to learn by actually playing than reading all of it.

I think it could be at least a bit better if old tutorial was here in place of current one (maybe improved a bit in some way).

Propably only good thing currently is that new players can choose 1 permanent non slotted weapon.

Right now the only way for them to play that kind of non opposed missions would be to make at least a group of 2 (otherwise mission won't even start cause of team alliance option), and then try to join some empty district and press K.

@MattScott

From what I can tell you've done nothing to solve this and it's become a major problem. There were 5 golds in the mission I just finished and that's how most missions tend to go now. I've been playing since the game was released on Steam and I'm ready to call it quits for good because I'm constantly disappointed with the lack of any real progress. The matchmaking and detreating are issues that need to be solved and "updates" like Riot mode don't do anything to solve it.

• Thanks 1