hackerung

Remove Golds from Bronze

there are many suggestions on this topic . let me collect the basic and then we will argue what is better .

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Yood said:

there are many suggestions on this topic . let me collect the basic and then we will argue what is better .

I think my idea is the best, because when players cant see their threat and dont know it, they will not dethreat and are going to play in a normal way. 

That way the existing TL-System will work better because there won't be any fakesilvers who actually are gold and going to rip off bronze players.

Also there will be no more issues with empty districts when it doesn't matter where you play because all are the same.

Thanks for listening. Have a nice day.

• Like 2

Agree, this need fixing. Its almost funny they even complaint about bronzes on their team telling them to delete the game but they are in bronze because they want easy opposition... 

-> Any new player (threat green) is invited to join Financial District (bronze) wich is where many players go kill farm/easy win on them causing a bad impression on the game and their skills vs other player when matchmaking and threat levels are exactly to make the game playable to more people of diferent skill levels. Why not inviting new players to Green instead of bronze?

-> Add a bonus on every score for being on the right district and/or a cutdown for being on a district under, but this would make people DT to get more score so the cutdown only might work. 

-> Prevent us from geting mission until we chance district after new treath level with an annoying timeout atleast. Or at least dont let any goldies get match vs bronzes, greens, etc. sure they can be DTs too but usualy i see 1 gold dominating 2 or 3 bronzes easy or even the entire opposing team...

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Legenderi said:

But i think the best solution is to take away the threat level and dont show it, so players dont care about being gold or whatever and just playing the game an d haveing fun.

I case of that there also is no more reason to have gold, silver, bronze and green disctricts.

I think if ppl dont see their "colour" they are going to play normally in one day

I'm going to have to disagree with you. What's at stake here isn't threat color or the feeling it evokes in you. It's the impact it has on newer or less skilled players. You could name it anything you want, other than gold threat, it's still too steep of a learning curve especially for people who are new to the game.

Your system wouldn't fix anything. It would only make people more confused, and again, especially new players, because they don't know what they're doing wrong, if a player with seemingly the same status keeps mowing them over and over.

The threat ranking is fine. The Dethreatters purposefully getting into bronze, is not.

17 hours ago, TheSxW said:

3. actually get a system which will kick players who has too high accuracy above 90%+ comparing it over 10 matches or something similar (so it will prevent a fault detection of "something going sketchy there")

That would just plain punish spraying or shotgun people for being lucky with the weapon spread. And that could be exploited by purposefully missing or shooting the ground to lower the accuracy value.

Disabling the mission feature for golds would suffice. If not, removing them back into the district selector altogether.

Again, the problem I'm speaking of is golds and premade gold teams farming new players.

16 hours ago, Yood said:

there are many suggestions on this topic . let me collect the basic and then we will argue what is better

Collect the basic? This isn't regarding how threat works, the basics of threat incrasing and skill-progression, this is about gold players exploiting the threat system to punish new players for being new.

You are missing the point.

Edited by hackerung

On 5/12/2019 at 10:06 AM, hackerung said:

-Silvers are Empty

-I just got Gold

-I havent played in long time

-Im not gold its first time

-Im just helping a friend

Every single time it's one of these.

If I see one I reserve the right to say I called it.

They want easy kills. The problem is those 'Easy Kills' are mostly on people who just got the game. That's what's preventing the population from growing.

well there are the people who actually lose missions and turn from silver to gold

@hackerung why u mension only 1 point from my post ? ehh ? and the one which im about 20% sure about ...

The threat ranking is fine.

No its not... thats it

Long PS.
getting gold playing with secondary ...
getting gold without any kill in the mission
getting gold after 1 min of mission while getting backuped
not getting gold using sketchy technics to remove score from ur score board ...

REDESIGN OF POINTS ASSIGNED IN THE MISSION IS THE FIRST MOVE
them we can abit of redesign a points factor needed to get threat up or down depending on averrange players points in the mission

after reworking Points assignation in the mission you made a statistics graph which got a collected data from missions happend in for example week or month (more better) not connecting if he wins or lose.

now threat levels comparing a graph and last 10 missions (for example - and yes yours missions) if factor fits in the procent below of the graph we made he earns this threat ...
- green first 20%
- bronze 30%
- silver 35%
- gold 15%

its an example only. It need to be tweaked to the player base and graph need to be done life like comparing gameplays of last 1 month gameplays scores then making an factor isnt that bad

about "10 missions" variable
adds 10 missions score to each other and devidint by missions count

i know my english sucks af i think u can understand at last a base of this idea 😉

Edited by TheSxW

7 hours ago, hackerung said:

I'm going to have to disagree with you. What's at stake here isn't threat color or the feeling it evokes in you. It's the impact it has on newer or less skilled players. You could name it anything you want, other than gold threat, it's still too steep of a learning curve especially for people who are new to the game.

Your system wouldn't fix anything. It would only make people more confused, and again, especially new players, because they don't know what they're doing wrong, if a player with seemingly the same status keeps mowing them over and over.

The threat ranking is fine. The Dethreatters purposefully getting into bronze, is not.

Apparently you didnt understand what i mean ... i dont want the TL_System to be changed (and that's the only thing you thought i want) i just want the visuals removed of being gold silver or bronze or whatever. 

The thing you misunderstood, is that people are not going to dethreat no more when they dont know their Threatlevel and this way it doenst need to be changed anything on the System. 

If the disctricts are mixed up with different skilled player who are not dethreating no more, i think the TL will work better, but also it could be necessary to lift up the number of total players

who can enter a district back to 100 in order to get better matchmaking and fair groups with similar skill-levels

• Thanks 1

i think they should just remove the threat system , like they did with xbox and ps4 , it would stop people complaining, for the fact , Bronze can kill golds, also silvers , golds can play trash also, the threat system does not matter at all , it depends on the mission and how its played, also Silvers are in bronze theres alot of silver players that are pretty skilled compare to new players / bronzies , why complain about golds when they are also in that district to with new players? it really does not make sense . theres alot of other games that is match making with higher ranks , such as Cod, fortnite , anyother game think of a game and ull realise theres no threat / level matchmaking , its pointless because of the population of players also dropping, once apb was a hudge game when it was first released and we lost alot of players , over this matchmaking. also , u can start a new account win 3 matches , instant gold .. does not mean you are a gold player , its just win / loss ratio /medals pretty much 

Honestly on this subject, I have been playing this game for a long time and yeah even way back then there was the same problem y’all are complaining about right now. It doesn’t matter if you fix the threat or kick golds out of a bronze district. I mean truth be told when I first started I had the same complaints as you about the golds in bronze but eventually playing against then and learning not to be a baby about it made me just as good if not better then some of them. Threat doesn’t matter. Gold, Silver, or Bronze. Once someone kicks ya patootie ur going to complain I mean this is apb after all who you tryna fool. If bronzes can’t play against silver or golds in a bronze district just keep playin y’all will get better with time just like I did. I mean if they fix this problem it’ll be awesome but they’ll most likely just take threat completely out like XB1 and PS4 then all you bronzes will be doing is saying you going up against hackers or some crazy nonsense like that. 

Edited by Real Ninja
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, TheSxW said:

@hackerung why u mension only 1 point from my post ? ehh ? and the one which im about 20% sure about ...

Because it was the most relevant to me at the time.

19 hours ago, TheSxW said:

No its not... thats it

Long PS.
getting gold playing with secondary ...
getting gold without any kill in the mission
getting gold after 1 min of mission while getting backuped
not getting gold using sketchy technics to remove score from ur score board ...

Gold isn't about how you do in a certain mission. It's an overal progression. If you're close to gold, next mission, if you're legible for an up-threat, you get gold.

You can gain threat by having zero kills, and focusing solely on objectives. if you're one of the highest 3 scores in a mission, you're legible for a threat-up.

Vice versa works for de-threat. 

It doesn't matter if you get zero kills, or secondary only. it doesn't take as much into account as people say it does. If you get a good score, you gain threat points. It's that simple.

Giving gold less points would only make it easyer for them to de-threat in the first place thus worsening the issue.

The problem isn't people getting gold. it's gold people who have earned gold by doing well, purpusefully exploiting the dethreatting mechanic to crap on silvers and bronzes. that's what this topic is all about in the first place.

19 hours ago, Legenderi said:

Apparently you didnt understand what i mean ... i dont want the TL_System to be changed (and that's the only thing you thought i want) i just want the visuals removed of being gold silver or bronze or whatever. 

I understood exactly what you meant, and I stand by my opinion.

If a new player can't see the difference between themselves and a gold, they will be further confused.

Threat colors also help seeing which players belong where. You know a gold doesn't belong in bronze if they're a gold. Again, which is exactly what this topic is about.

19 hours ago, Vivid_Remedy said:

i think they should just remove the threat system

No.

Removing the threat system would only further unballance the game.

Player-skill is marked by threat.

Golds are normally better at the game than bronzes unless they are purposefully doing bad or dethreatting, and setting the two apart would further ballance the game.

If you remove the threat system nothing would stop teams of pro players from ganging new players and thus kill whatever's left from the population by preventing new players from enjoying and staying in the game.

18 hours ago, Real Ninja said:

It doesn’t matter if you fix the threat or kick golds out of a bronze district.

It does because it would further ballance the matches in bronze districts, and possibly put players of lesser skill against people of the same skill level. Put noobs vs noobs, mediums vs mediums and golds vs other golds.

Threat is a signal of game experience and skill, and putting people of the same threat strickly against eachother would mean there's a ballance in gameplay. Removing golds from bronze district would prevent good players from fighting newer players.

The problem here that nobody seems to be understanding is that new players are less likely to enjoy the game if they're losing 20-to-0. Put them against people of similar or same skill. Remove golds from bronze districts as those servers are for low-medium skilled players. not higher-skilled players.

That's what this is about.

I don't mind getting my butt handed to me if I play poorly as long as it's a fair match in the first place, against people of same and lower skill than me.

I don't care if a bronze spraying the 556 willy nilly mops the floor with my face every time he runs at me.

I care if i see three or four golds (pictures on page 1) team up against me and other bronze friends, because that's nowhere near fair to begin with.

Merged.

On 5/12/2019 at 11:28 AM, hackerung said:

I know the ammount of hate I'm gonna get from golds on this post is gonna be real, but in order for the game to grow, and new players not to leave after the first couple missions, this is more than needed.

Edited by hackerung

@hackerung did u ream my whole post or only the thing u quoted ? because i assume you read only "less then 50%" of my post
the thing is its too easy to get gold and after that its wide range of players with gold for example range 1-10 where 1 is guy who get gold after last mission and 10 is guy who not seen silver on his account from first time getting gold if we match those ppl together no matter that ppl with numbers closer to 1 (looking at the range i specify 1-10) will lose golds in no time because opposition is too hard for them

"GOLD  != GOLD" - now days

in addition i will tell im not favorize a derankers im just saying the system is broken and need a full redesign or at last more comparison to players to avoid that procedure what happend right now

- get matched against overpower guys with very good team play with 3 of ur team mates are silvers with no team play skill or aim
- rage
- derank

last time i got matched like 3 golds vs 1 gold ...

oh and maybe adding hours counter playing on that account could solve some problems 😉 (just to visualize the things @Legenderi

oh and one more thing @hackerung stop downvoting all posts u tryhard ...

Edited by TheSxW
addition comment
  • Thanks 1

There is no reason to remove gold players from bronze districts, cause on silver districts there are still a lot of gold players and cheaters as well. if LO remove them from silver districts i will stop dethreating and i think every other player on the game will do the same! I spent a lot of time trying to play against players who has macro wallhack and aimbot and trust me its not that fun! ! !

6 hours ago, eelaaa said:

There is no reason to remove gold players from bronze districts, cause on silver districts there are still a lot of gold players and cheaters as well. if LO remove them from silver districts i will stop dethreating and i think every other player on the game will do the same! I spent a lot of time trying to play against players who has macro wallhack and aimbot and trust me its not that fun! ! !

LittleOrbit is banning Dethreathers, so I've heard, and you've just admited to being one.

Don't defend the people in the wrong just because you're one of them.

Dethreatters purposefully exploit the game mechanics to turn new players away from the game, they should by all means be removed from bronze districts.

They shouldn't be allowed to bully bronzes and Ts just because they don't like losing a game every now and then.

8 hours ago, TheSxW said:

oh and one more thing @hackerung stop downvoting all posts u tryhard ...

I downvote posts I don't agree with or that make no sense to me.

@hackerung did u ream my whole post or only the thing u quoted ? because i assume you read only "less then 50%" of my post

I did read all of it. It is you who isn't associating my replies to the entirety of your posts.

in addition i will tell im not favorize a derankers im just saying the system is broken and need a full redesign or at last more comparison to players to avoid that procedure what happend right now

This post isn't about a threat system or matchmaking system redesign. it's about better players exploiting the game to bully new players. It's as simple as that. You're complicating an uncomplicated issue.

On 5/16/2019 at 3:50 AM, Devyyon said:

well there are the people who actually lose missions and turn from silver to gold

As I've said I have no problem with people who earn gold every once in a while, we all have good streaks or good days, there's noting you can do about that. My issue is with repeat offenders who do this solely to beat newcomers or less-skilled people.

Edited by hackerung

@hackerung just use

/report <nickname>

system
which allows you now to report directly and telling what exacly is wrong with a player

i could say that max number of red derank medals should be 5 in mission if u have more KICK from server and mission isnt counted for you (this will be rough but preety good in longer perroid of time)
will remove suicide, team killing, arrested killers, stuners, afkers etc. + remove minus points so deranking will be imossible after some time devs could increase the number of red medals from 5 to some more it it will be needed

"adding fuel refill will remove runners - this is stupid and childish tactics ..."

• Like 1

On 5/17/2019 at 6:36 AM, hackerung said:

Because it was the most relevant to me at the time.

Gold isn't about how you do in a certain mission. It's an overal progression. If you're close to gold, next mission, if you're legible for an up-threat, you get gold.

You can gain threat by having zero kills, and focusing solely on objectives. if you're one of the highest 3 scores in a mission, you're legible for a threat-up.

Vice versa works for de-threat. 

It doesn't matter if you get zero kills, or secondary only. it doesn't take as much into account as people say it does. If you get a good score, you gain threat points. It's that simple.

Giving gold less points would only make it easyer for them to de-threat in the first place thus worsening the issue.

The problem isn't people getting gold. it's gold people who have earned gold by doing well, purpusefully exploiting the dethreatting mechanic to crap on silvers and bronzes. that's what this topic is all about in the first place.

I understood exactly what you meant, and I stand by my opinion.

If a new player can't see the difference between themselves and a gold, they will be further confused.

Threat colors also help seeing which players belong where. You know a gold doesn't belong in bronze if they're a gold. Again, which is exactly what this topic is about.

No.

Removing the threat system would only further unballance the game.

Player-skill is marked by threat.

Golds are normally better at the game than bronzes unless they are purposefully doing bad or dethreatting, and setting the two apart would further ballance the game.

If you remove the threat system nothing would stop teams of pro players from ganging new players and thus kill whatever's left from the population by preventing new players from enjoying and staying in the game.

It does because it would further ballance the matches in bronze districts, and possibly put players of lesser skill against people of the same skill level. Put noobs vs noobs, mediums vs mediums and golds vs other golds.

Threat is a signal of game experience and skill, and putting people of the same threat strickly against eachother would mean there's a ballance in gameplay. Removing golds from bronze district would prevent good players from fighting newer players.

The problem here that nobody seems to be understanding is that new players are less likely to enjoy the game if they're losing 20-to-0. Put them against people of similar or same skill. Remove golds from bronze districts as those servers are for low-medium skilled players. not higher-skilled players.

That's what this is about.

I don't mind getting my butt handed to me if I play poorly as long as it's a fair match in the first place, against people of same and lower skill than me.

I don't care if a bronze spraying the 556 willy nilly mops the floor with my face every time he runs at me.

I care if i see three or four golds (pictures on page 1) team up against me and other bronze friends, because that's nowhere near fair to begin with.

Merged.

Obviously you didnt understand what i mean. I DONT WANT THE SYSTEM TO BE REMOVED! JUST THE VISUALS! The Rest they should keep. Also i think its good to balance Matchmaking by Ranks and Skill!

I agree with your post 100% there is no reason, gold should be dethreating and going to bronze just to farm new players. That is simply toxic, there needs to be a revamped match making system and real punishments for those dethreating. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've always thought rather than threat locked districts like we have, how about rank? Kinda like a newbie district where new players can learn the game without being steamrolled by high rank/threat players. Then the only way for veterans to get in would be to constantly roll new characters. And they could easily stop trolls from becoming a problem by adding time limit to how many characters you can create in a week and how soon you can delete a newly made character. 

Currently the threat is pretty broken, I'm a low gold to high silver, and I always play in the silver and gold districts unless they are empty. But often times I'll be gold when I log off for the day, and then i log on some time later and all the gold and silver districts are ghost towns with the exception of FC.

There has been a lot of different suggestions about this issue tossed around for years. Hopefully after LO finishes up RIOT and the EU they can start fixing matchmaking, threat, and the segregation issue. Because until the population picks up, if it ever does, it's certainly a problem.

18 hours ago, demonoid said:

I've always thought rather than threat locked districts like we have, how about rank? Kinda like a newbie district where new players can learn the game without being steamrolled by high rank/threat players. Then the only way for veterans to get in would be to constantly roll new characters. And they could easily stop trolls from becoming a problem by adding time limit to how many characters you can create in a week and how soon you can delete a newly made character. 

Currently the threat is pretty broken, I'm a low gold to high silver, and I always play in the silver and gold districts unless they are empty. But often times I'll be gold when I log off for the day, and then i log on some time later and all the gold and silver districts are ghost towns with the exception of FC.

There has been a lot of different suggestions about this issue tossed around for years. Hopefully after LO finishes up RIOT and the EU they can start fixing matchmaking, threat, and the segregation issue. Because until the population picks up, if it ever does, it's certainly a problem.

Well, the problem with that is that Rank is character playtime, while threat is player skill-level. There's people with many hours into the game and rank 200+ that are still getting better, and new people that join after a break or from another server, and are already silver or gold. Not to mention any character you make starts at rank 9. Character rank-locked districts wouldn't be a very good idea because it would still be exploitable.

On 5/22/2019 at 9:47 AM, Legenderi said:

Obviously you didnt understand what i mean. I DONT WANT THE SYSTEM TO BE REMOVED! JUST THE VISUALS! The Rest they should keep. Also i think its good to balance Matchmaking by Ranks and Skill!

No man I DO understand what you mean. What I'm telling you is the visuals help identify the skill of a player. A bronze can tell a player is better by just looking at their threat level. If the visuals are removed and theres nothing telling them apart from a gold player, they'll just be even further confused.

On 5/20/2019 at 1:22 PM, TheSxW said:

@hackerung just use

/report <nickname>

system
which allows you now to report directly and telling what exacly is wrong with a player

i could say that max number of red derank medals should be 5 in mission if u have more KICK from server and mission isnt counted for you (this will be rough but preety good in longer perroid of time)
will remove suicide, team killing, arrested killers, stuners, afkers etc. + remove minus points so deranking will be imossible after some time devs could increase the number of red medals from 5 to some more it it will be needed

"adding fuel refill will remove runners - this is stupid and childish tactics ..."

I do actually report these people. I make use of the "Dethreatting" option they added under 'Griefing', in the report menu. The problem is these players keep coming back every day, as if there's nothing being done against them.

As to reducing the demerit number, removing their point cancellation and kicking a player after a certain number of demerits, that wouldn't be a bad idea. It wouldn't get rid of golds in bronze but it would lock them as gold for longer.

Maybe an added feature to the ones sugested above.

Edited by hackerung

First of all, there arent new players on the game, only new characters from the same players. Second you are the one who use true ogre on bronze server and spam the public chat with whatever you dont like. There are a lot of players that hate you just like i do cause you are toxic player and trust almost everyone know that but we dont really spent our freetime trying to explain you what is going on. Me and someother players play this game more than 5 years trying to fix this game and support the new company.Third,there are 600-700 players online everyday and you are trying to ban some of them cause they play on bronze server as a gold. I understand that and i totally agree with you but can you start talking about silver districts and gold "low rank" hackers ?? Yesterday i was on a sivler district and 6/10 matches was against or with hacker, and trust me i was afk on these missions cause it was impossible even to hit once those cheaters. 

5 hours ago, eelaaa said:

First of all, there arent new players on the game, only new characters from the same players. Second you are the one who use true ogre on bronze server and spam the public chat with whatever you dont like. There are a lot of players that hate you just like i do cause you are toxic player and trust almost everyone know that but we dont really spent our freetime trying to explain you what is going on. Me and someother players play this game more than 5 years trying to fix this game and support the new company.Third,there are 600-700 players online everyday and you are trying to ban some of them cause they play on bronze server as a gold. I understand that and i totally agree with you but can you start talking about silver districts and gold "low rank" hackers ?? Yesterday i was on a sivler district and 6/10 matches was against or with hacker, and trust me i was afk on these missions cause it was impossible even to hit once those cheaters. 

my sugestion will just increase the time of dethreating and lower possibily max ranks drop to silver and joins bronze servers

in the other hand i know a few players who just made a new account to join bronze server playing with theyr friends who dont like to play on pure golds. anyway if pure gold goes on bronze server u will be acousing them as cheaters because they are lowrank and are insanely accurate, because they are playing against top tier players even cheaters and improving their skills + this could be their day so they got insane accuracy only this day next they they will play one mission "sucking" so hard they will leave game for that day etc.

yesterday i cant even aim properly ... cant hold aim on enemy so i go to gamezbd play some bdo ;)

@eelaaa i could say too that i if i got matched against cheater once i will be getting him all the time no matter what i do @ignore@ button should exclude him from your team same with enemy (it should work like delete this user from my view) - but because there not much players so u will be matched no matter what with this guys again and again and again ...

• Like 1

On 5/24/2019 at 5:53 AM, eelaaa said:

Gonna get 2 things clear.

The only people who hate me are the gold tryhards that I use the ogre on. You, hating me, implies you're one of them, AKA, the kind of people this post is about.

The whole reason I use the True ogre is to put golden tryhards in bronze in their place. I guarantee you'll never find me going tryhard on bronzes, and if you claim such a thing without any proof you're being false.

With that out of the way, you actually filled out 2 of the basic excuse gold threat players use when they go to bronze thus further proving my point.
Lastly, there are new players joining every day. New accounts of new IPs, none of them rerolls or alterrnative characters, and I'm fairly sure anyone on the LO team can prove my point. You have made claims without evidence so your point has been invalidated.

First time since I came back this reared its head but the financial bronze I was just in, every match there were R200+ silvers (on both sides). 

It's OK, I just dealt with it but it really wasn't much fun. Actually managed to just hold my own occasionally but for the most part I was facing max slot vehicles, clotting 3, maxed weapons. A couple of them turned gold after wins. 

It's pretty obvious what they're doing. It does spoil the game for new players. Hopefully the EU will enable this to be a thing of the past. 

• Like 1

On 5/12/2019 at 8:20 AM, hackerung said:

That would be a decent sollution too, I would love to see that.

This was done way back in the day, and threat locked districts did not work.  Our server population would not support this then, and it absolutely doesn't now.  We barely fill one district on a good night.   I know it sounds ideal to you, but you'd be even more upset if they were removed.

As you can see from the screenshots you submitted, that judging someone based on their threat, is unreliable as threat is easily manipulated as these players are in those screenshots.  Just because you *think* you're grouped with silvers, doesn't mean they are actually silvers, and are probably just golds that dethreated just so they could join  the district to  have someone to play against.   

Rank is also never a good indication of someones skill, as people who have been banned or just wanted a new character re roll.  I've  been face rolled by a R9 plenty.  

Simply put, if they removed gold threat players from the bronze district, you would literally have no opposition or be waiting 30 min to an hour before you got a match against anyone.  Also removing them does nothing because they can just dethreat and come right back.   

Until our server population is more healthy, and at least quadruple what it is now (which it hasn't been for the past few years and has been steadily declining), this simply is not a feasible solution.  

what needs to happen is threat being removed entirely as it literally means nothing as players can be whatever threat they want. 

Edited by Shimmer
  • Like 1

On 5/26/2019 at 7:44 PM, Shimmer said:

This was done way back in the day, and threat locked districts did not work.  Our server population would not support this then, and it absolutely doesn't now.  We barely fill one district on a good night.   I know it sounds ideal to you, but you'd be even more upset if they were removed.

As you can see from the screenshots you submitted, that judging someone based on their threat, is unreliable as threat is easily manipulated as these players are in those screenshots.  Just because you *think* you're grouped with silvers, doesn't mean they are actually silvers, and are probably just golds that dethreated just so they could join  the district to  have someone to play against.   

Rank is also never a good indication of someones skill, as people who have been banned or just wanted a new character re roll.  I've  been face rolled by a R9 plenty.  

Simply put, if they removed gold threat players from the bronze district, you would literally have no opposition or be waiting 30 min to an hour before you got a match against anyone.  Also removing them does nothing because they can just dethreat and come right back.   

Until our server population is more healthy, and at least quadruple what it is now (which it hasn't been for the past few years and has been steadily declining), this simply is not a feasible solution.  

what needs to happen is threat being removed entirely as it literally means nothing as players can be whatever threat they want. 

I'm going to have to disagree with you.

Bronze servers are usually well-populated depending on time of day. Obviously you're not going to find as many players on a late night as you would otherwise on a regular afternoon. A lot of people have lives to attend to and that's perfectly okay.

Secondly, if every gold player in bronze mustered up the courage to be on silver districts rather than dethreat for easy kills, unpopulated silver districts would not be a problem, I can safely assure you of that. There's more golds than bronzes, in bronze districts at this point.

Thirdly, "You would literally have no opposition" is false. So long as there are equal number of criminals and cops in the district you are as likely to get opposed missions as you would any district. Be it 5-5 or 40-40. This too I can safely assure you as I've experienced it firsthand myself more than once.

And fourthly/lastly, you cannot gather more new players if they join the game to get stomped in the first set of missions.

In other words.

Joining a game and instantly getting annihilated by osmaw users or a premade of full legendary gold threat teams, is not going to make you want to stay in that game, is it?

We need to make this game fair by fixing this issue. THAT is how we atract a newer audience, and how we grow this community.

And by the way, threat is a good indicator of skill. There will always be people on a good day or who get lucky every now and then, but anyone who is good enough to get gold on a regular everyday or hourly basis as is the case of many, they do -NOT- belong in bronze districts.

Threat is the most important thing we have as it tells us the skill level of a player. We have the right to know who we are dealing with as an oponent. Removing threat would mean havoc as any team of golds could join any district they wanted and team up on anyone, new or veteran alike. Your idea of removing threat is the worst idea I could've seen on this topic and i can't stress this enough. We NEED threat to signal us of each player's skill-level. The reason nobody went into open conflict is the lack of control over who you're fighting. That's why those districts were removed.

We NEED a fair game if we want to gather more players. We NEED this to happen in order for APB to grow as a game. New players need to be allowed to play and not just get stomped on.

Edited by hackerung