hackerung

Remove Golds from Bronze

I wasn't gonna make a topic on this originally but this is getting legit out of hand.

Please remove golds from Bronze, it's literally ruining the game.

My friends refuse to come back, bronze servers are emptying more and more, matchmaking is getting more and more broken, all because these people can't stay in Silver districts.

The usual excuse is "Silver is empty". Well if these players were in Silver to begin with, it wouldn't be.

For those who don't know, it's simple. Golds go to silver, purposefully lose, suicide, teamkill, whatever, then come to Bronze to farm newer or less skilled players.

I'm not the first to complain about this but as far as I know this is the first topic directly talking about this issue.

The following were taken in the space of 15 minutes:

xw8tLh3.jpg

ojSLUwG.jpg

Names covered to avoid rule-breaking. People in question already reported for Dethreatting.

Please resolve this, it's getting near unplayable at this point, because there are more and more golds in bronze. Even more than bronzes themselves.

Some sugestions would be:

-Locking them from getting in bronze for a period of time

-Disabling or increasing the Dethreatting dificulty

-Putting Gold Players only against other Gold Players (Aka threat-based matchmaking, a working one)

-Disabling mission feature for Gold players in bronze until they are silver again

And last and less desirable although in many cases needed

-Actually banning them.

I know the ammount of hate I'm gonna get from golds on this post is gonna be real, but in order for the game to grow, and new players not to leave after the first couple missions, this is more than needed.

This isn't a once in a while thing. it's every single day. The same names, the same players, the same threat level, every day without stopping.

Please fix this.

Edited by hackerung
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

44 minutes ago, RealSlimShady said:

it can kick players that rank up to gold from silver in bronze servers

That would be a decent sollution too, I would love to see that.

1 hour ago, xHenryman90x said:

Waiting for list of generic excuses why golds have to play on bronze.

-Silvers are Empty

-I just got Gold

-I havent played in long time

-Im not gold its first time

-Im just helping a friend

Every single time it's one of these.

If I see one I reserve the right to say I called it.

They want easy kills. The problem is those 'Easy Kills' are mostly on people who just got the game. That's what's preventing the population from growing.

Edited by hackerung
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, hackerung said:

-Silvers are Empty

-I just got Gold

They want easy kills. The problem is those 'Easy Kills' are mostly on people who just got the game. That's what's preventing the population from growing.

-Silver is full of hackers.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bladechopper said:

I think this will be dealt with in the new matchmaking system proposed by Matt.

We wouldn't need a new matchmaking system that bad if they dealt with the Gold Threats first. 

6 hours ago, xHenryman90x said:

-Silver is full of hackers.

Forgot about that one, classic.

I highly agree with this. And I believe that removing the Gold threats from bronze servers is a fair and completely logistic way of handling the situation. This coming from a gold, bronze is for the new players. It is disgusting the amount of Gold threat players that are playing in the Bronze districts. And i completely agree it makes it hard for the new players to learn and enjoy the game. I believe if they were to be kicked when the Gold threat level is obtained if you are in Bronze district would somewhat solve this issue. Silver district is not that difficult. Learn to play your own skill, have fun and don't get so try hard to the extent you need to go and shit on the noobs. Because that ruins their experience and makes them quit. Therefore they play a role in the game not gaining any population.

• Thanks 1

In my opinion it'll be even more just if that was to apply to ALL threat levels

Once you hit a new threat it'll be nice to see the game kick you out of your current server and locking them up for you to not enter them again 

But as everyone knows you are as strong as your most difficult challenge so it allows you to go to any higher threat level district you want

This way newbies don't complain as they chose to be where ever they are and more experienced player don't hate on newbies because they won't be teaming with any 

But there would be two problems with this 

1-purposefully dethreating

In my opinion on that I'd like it to be as hard as sprinting with an Osmaw and bannable (giving your team mates and opposition the option to report you for purposefully dethreating as no one likes purposefully dethreating)

2-the new threats people who just got their new threat level might not be as good as the rest of their team 

So also my take on this just like the last make dethreating is as hard as sprinting with an Osamaw or at least a N-HVR this way they get to experience the new threat level to the fullest 

Edited by MohammedHassen
  • Like 1

Purposeful Dethreatting is still an actual problem. The reporting feature would work but not to the fullest because there's literally pre-made teams of dethreatters doing it at the same time.

Without going into names, there's actual people teaming as golds, getting silver at the same time, then back to gold in bronze all to get a few kills on people who are less skilled than them. A gold is hard enough to deal with, but when you face an actual pre-made team, like in the screenshots above, it's borderline unplayable.

With the current system, temporarely banning these golds in bronze would get them to stop. A week or two. If not, then it could just scare them enough that they don't try as hard on bronze anymore.

If not, and if it's a repeat offense, then yes, permanently ban them.

Better to lose a gold player, than to lose several bronzes who could one day get to gold themselves.

Edited by hackerung
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, hackerung said:

there's literally pre-made teams of dethreatters doing it at the same time.

This problem I had to deal with many times and the fact that they brag about there skills in a bronze district is really disgusting 

temporarely banning these golds in bronze would get them to stop. A week or two. If not, then it could just scare them enough that they don't try as hard on bronze anymore.

If not, and if it's a repeat offense, then yes, permanently ban them.

The whole strike is a great idea yes but that takes a lot of time that could cause some serious damage to the population of the game 

So our safest bet is locking players outside the district and as I said dethreating becoming so hard to near impossible would be a nice added feature 

Better to lose a gold player, than to lose several bronzes who could one day get to gold themselves.

I 100% agree with you on that one can't tell you how long it took me to actually get convinced that the game is not full of hackers but just a great bunch of dethreaters I used to log off the game and search for some hack tool because of this 

Luckily I met a lot of nice players who helped me get better at the game 

But that's me can't say that all new players would find someone to help them sadly 

• Like 1

The Gold problem in bronze now is worse due to the 2 weeks free of premium

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RCooper said:

The Gold problem in bronze now is worse due to the 2 weeks free of premium

As in easy kills easy rewards situation???

• Like 1

I have been telling this company that they have to make the game more new player friendly. The thing is new players constantly join APB (i can even see them in silver district), but then they have to play against players who have over 5k hours and can't even get a single kill. Of course nobody wants to get their patootie kicked every mission so eventually they give up and stop playing the game. I am completely sure this game would have a lot larger playerbase if they did something about this!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm honestly hoping something's done about it quickly. I heard they're banning Dethreatters already, but the fact I'm seeing the same Dethreatters in bronze day after day sugests it's either not, or that it's being too slow. 

Golds in bronze are what's keeping this game from growing. Remove that 'obstacle' and there won't be anything stopping new players from staying, and growing the population.

Let's make this game fair and enjoyable.

Edited by hackerung
  • Like 1

On 5/12/2019 at 4:01 PM, hackerung said:

We wouldn't need a new matchmaking system that bad if they dealt with the Gold Threats first. 

FALSE

The current matchmaking/threat system is how this happens to begin with.

The matchmaking and phasing system that MattScott mentioned should fix these problems.

Now about golds - some golds are only silvers who became golds in bronze.

That happens to me if i get carried by a good team mate.

I don't get gold otherwise especially with how I do not own a god enough computer to play competitive enough.

Do I like gold in bronze - of course not.

Not even if I get carried to gold because it means the match was unbalanced and that isn't REAL fun for anyone. It's only superficial at best.

But against a full blown gold I get no fair matches either.

I do play in bronze and silver districts but some days its only golds in silver to where it is too hard to play.

But just kicking someone out over a color is not fair either.

It does the same thing you are complaining about - getting destroyed by someone who you cant possibly beat and then quitting the game from lack of playable matches.

As for golds who clearly have dethreated - that is a completely different topic portion to what I am referring to.

THOSE people do not deserve to ever be allowed in bronze.

And there is a HUGE surge of dethreaters this past week.

Trolling like that shouldn't be allowed , or it only hurts APB as a whole.

And the ones who dethreat to do so clearly couldn't care less, as they only do it to hurt others for their own amusement of cruelty at the expense of everyone else.

It still comes down to needing the engine upgrade and then the matchmaking and phasing update to make a more balanced match possible.

Its the only real valid solution we have had after all these years of APB , but it will take time to implement since this is work that has to wait until after the engine update to be able to handle this properly.

Otherwise it would only strain APB current engine to the point the game breaks entirely.

In the end all we can do is wait and hope the engine upgrade is finished soon so that the matchmaking and phasing can be worked on next asap.

Thankfully the engine upgrade is nearly completed because of how the SPCT team made up of us players is testing it.

On 5/13/2019 at 12:06 AM, hackerung said:

-Silvers are Empty

-I just got Gold

- All my contacts I need to level up are in financial and only bronze financial has players 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zolerox said:

- All my contacts I need to level up are in financial and only bronze financial has players 

17 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

Now about golds - some golds are only silvers who became golds in bronze.

That happens to me if i get carried by a good team mate.

I don't get gold otherwise especially with how I do not own a god enough computer to play competitive enough.

I've stated above I've no problem with people on a good day, or first timers, maybe people that get gold every once in a while. We all have good games, it's innevitable, even with our skil level constantly increasing as we learn to play the game more and more.

The issue is with people who exploit the system. People who you can -clearly- tell they don't belong in bronze to begin with. People who are hard-gold, who want nothing but easy kills.

Again. Getting gold once in a while is fine. Constantly getting gold and exploiting the system to crap on bronzes, isn't.

1 hour ago, Yood said:

Yood, don't.

That's exactly one of the excuses I said above, that DTs usually use.

As I said, if all the golds left bronze then Silver wouldn't be empty. We're not talking about one or two golds here. We're talking about premade teams, about the same players, constantly. If a bronze server is full, there's a high chance 20% of that population is gold or getting gold because of DTing. It seems like a rather high number, but its an accurate high number.

An easy solution would be to make gold unable to K up when they're on bronze server.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ZoriaDunne said:

An easy solution would be to make gold unable to K up when they're on bronze server.

I've sugested that one above. That's one of the best features they can add to fix the issue.

Best case scenario, they get tired and stay in silver. Worst case scenario they get scared enough of their own threat that they tone it down when facing newer players.

Edited by hackerung

5 hours ago, hackerung said:

I've stated above I've no problem with people on a good day, or first timers, maybe people that get gold every once in a while. We all have good games, it's innevitable, even with our skil level constantly increasing as we learn to play the game more and more.

The issue is with people who exploit the system. People who you can -clearly- tell they don't belong in bronze to begin with. People who are hard-gold, who want nothing but easy kills.

Again. Getting gold once in a while is fine. Constantly getting gold and exploiting the system to crap on bronzes, isn't.

Yood, don't.

That's exactly one of the excuses I said above, that DTs usually use.

As I said, if all the golds left bronze then Silver wouldn't be empty. We're not talking about one or two golds here. We're talking about premade teams, about the same players, constantly. If a bronze server is full, there's a high chance 20% of that population is gold or getting gold because of DTing. It seems like a rather high number, but its an accurate high number.

I'm just making it clear what I'm saying that's all

1. rework point assignation in mission (kill rewards, kill+assist reward, objective points depending on time spending on them, arrest reward, dethreat medals minus points removal, stunning rewards, free arrested player rewards ... )
2. If player stays as gold on bronze server (for example 2 missions or more - depends on needs, 2 should be ok) kick them from game and let them login again and join silver district.
3. actually get a system which will kick players who has too high accuracy above 90%+ comparing it over 10 matches or something similar (so it will prevent a fault detection of "something going sketchy there")
4. rework a threat requirements (entirely deleting green threat requirements and replacing it on order from bronze > green, silver > bronze, gold > silver, NewThreat > gold - abit tweaking a threats increasing by maybe 5-10% requirements of obtaining one - just alittle bit so it will not destroy nothing)

actually after points 1. and 4. there could not be any derankers ( if there are they should be temporaly suspended (3 days, 7 days, 3 weeks, 3 months , after 3 months each suspension will apply next 3 months - it will teach player to not do this things after suspension expired )

if im not clear in some texts above tell me i will try to explain it more
(its like thoughts of a few veterans playing this game from very long time - and hated DTers + 100% accuracy biatches with GOD response times)

On 5/12/2019 at 11:28 AM, hackerung said:

I wasn't gonna make a topic on this originally but this is getting legit out of hand.

Please remove golds from Bronze, it's literally ruining the game.

My friends refuse to come back, bronze servers are emptying more and more, matchmaking is getting more and more broken, all because these people can't stay in Silver districts.

The usual excuse is "Silver is empty". Well if these players were in Silver to begin with, it wouldn't be.

For those who don't know, it's simple. Golds go to silver, purposefully lose, suicide, teamkill, whatever, then come to Bronze to farm newer or less skilled players.

I'm not the first to complain about this but as far as I know this is the first topic directly talking about this issue.

The following were taken in the space of 15 minutes:

xw8tLh3.jpg

ojSLUwG.jpg

Names covered to avoid rule-breaking. People in question already reported for Dethreatting.

Please resolve this, it's getting near unplayable at this point, because there are more and more golds in bronze. Even more than bronzes themselves.

Some sugestions would be:

-Locking them from getting in bronze for a period of time

-Disabling or increasing the Dethreatting dificulty

-Putting Gold Players only against other Gold Players (Aka threat-based matchmaking, a working one)

-Disabling mission feature for Gold players in bronze until they are silver again

And last and less desirable although in many cases needed

-Actually banning them.

I know the ammount of hate I'm gonna get from golds on this post is gonna be real, but in order for the game to grow, and new players not to leave after the first couple missions, this is more than needed.

This isn't a once in a while thing. it's every single day. The same names, the same players, the same threat level, every day without stopping.

Please fix this.

That Problem started when G1 made their new matchmaking system, bc ppl were crying the cant play with their friend who are not good enough to get gold. 

I Think the solution you want as in players who get gold getting kicked isnt working properly as long as players are dethreating.

Just look at the gold servers ... they are empty since ages, and now its going to be the same with the silver servers because players are leaving the game.

If you are gold, it shouldnt be possible to go into a distrcit lower than gold. 

But i think the best solution is to take away the threat level and dont show it, so players dont care about being gold or whatever and just playing the game an d haveing fun.

I case of that there also is no more reason to have gold, silver, bronze and green disctricts.

I think if ppl dont see their "colour" they are going to play normally in one day

• Like 2