ComFeyer

RIOT 11th of May Feedback thread

6 hours ago, SillyBear said:

WRONG. Progression is perfect, they need to remove the early player access to powerful weapons and mods to create an incentive to player to reach 195 or +.

Read what you  wrote above "everyone needs to be the same because loadouts", yeah no. Firstly, learn to play, then get the good weapons when you played long enough to deserve them. Any good player can start a trainee[edited - avoid derogatory language -Spuzva]  character and be at the same level of anyone because they know to play.

You're talking like you know what you're talking about, but you simply don't. It seems like you haven't played the game in years, there's no way you still believe that this game can afford having such a steep progression curve when it's barely populated. While it's true that there was nothing wrong with this progression style when the game was doing well, 9 years and a bunch of failures later, ain't nobody got time to invest into progressing in a dying game. Didn't it cross your mind that, maybe, APB can't retain new players because veterans are the biggest piece of the player base and just completely destroy them in any way possible? Or that, maybe, just maybe, we could shorten the amount of time it takes to get meta gear without compromising the grind for other things?

Stopping crying for your oponents weapons is another step into learning to play and it seems you never steped in.

Oh, then you're more than welcomed to play vs me and teach me. 😉

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SillyBear said:

WRONG. Progression is perfect, they need to remove the early player access to powerful weapons and mods to create an incentive to player to reach 195 or +.

Read what you  wrote above "everyone needs to be the same because loadouts", yeah no. Firstly, learn to play, then get the good weapons when you played long enough to deserve them. Any good player can start a trainee[edited - avoid derogatory language -Spuzva]  character and be at the same level of anyone because they know to play. Stopping crying for your oponents weapons is another step into learning to play and it seems you never steped in.

Yeah, Start to game with a 0 sloted star, no mods, a weak patootie car and u will match with a max rank that has everything. The system works like that for a new player. Where is the progression u mentioned ? MMORPG Progression works fine for the PVE games not for the PVP focused games. MMORPG Progression is a huge disadvantage for new players as swft said. Make the new players match eachother or balance the game progression for everyone otherwise population will not increase.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, swft said:

You're talking like you know what you're talking about, but you simply don't. It seems like you haven't played the game in years, there's no way you still believe that this game can afford having such a steep progression curve when it's barely populated. While it's true that there was nothing wrong with this progression style when the game was doing well, 9 years and a bunch of failures later, ain't nobody got time to invest into progressing in a dying game. Didn't it cross your mind that, maybe, APB can't retain new players because veterans are the biggest piece of the player base and just completely destroy them in any way possible? Or that, maybe, just maybe, we could shorten the amount of time it takes to get meta gear without compromising the grind for other things?

7a6d7cce70199579d5685a2e39f77ec5.png

• Like 1

7 hours ago, swft said:

Thats not a problem if the game gets populated how it should be, and thats fixing the "get it easy and get bored in days".

1 hour ago, SillyBear said:

Thats not a problem if the game gets populated how it should be, and thats fixing the "get it easy and get bored in days".

Can't argue with this infallible logic, can I? Clearly the progression isn't an issue since new players would get bored in days if they got their hands onto the meta stuff that allows them to fight in a somewhat even field. I keep forgetting how fun it is to play unslotted guns and use shitty cars like the starter one or other unslotted cars, not having Spotter to have a legal wallhack on people for 8s with a 45s cooldown while playing against groups of people who have everything the meta has to offer.

Hmu for that apb sesh dude, would love to be educated on how APB actually works according to The SillyBear.

Edited by swft
  • Like 1

I have no feedback to give, as I probably won't bother playing again until the first implementation of the engine upgrade.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, swft said:

Can't argue with this infallible logic, can I? Clearly the progression isn't an issue since new players would get bored in days if they got their hands onto the meta stuff that allows them to fight in a somewhat even field. I keep forgetting how fun it is to play unslotted guns and use shitty cars like the starter one or other unslotted cars, not having Spotter to have a legal wallhack on people for 8s with a 45s cooldown while playing against groups of people who have everything the meta has to offer.

Hmu for that apb sesh dude, would love to be educated on how APB actually works according to The SillyBear.

The fun is working up to them, how do you think ive been hooked in the game? Work for it.

Stop destroying games with "get it easy in a few days and then move to another game". You absolutly have not idea, so please stop it.

• Like 1

The thing y'all don't want understand is, apb has to change. Accept it. If LO wants to increase the pop of the game they needs to find a way to change it in a way that not gonna mess the spirit of the game. I got u, u dont want them to change the game to something different than u played for years but otherwise this game will die.

• Thanks 1

In fortnite they eliminated the double shotgun for a reason and apb have to do the become noob friendly or the game will definitely die

• Like 1

14 hours ago, _gousk said:

The thing y'all don't want understand is, apb has to change. Accept it. If LO wants to increase the pop of the game they needs to find a way to change it in a way that not gonna mess the spirit of the game. I got u, u dont want them to change the game to something different than u played for years but otherwise this game will die.

Changing in a blue vs red shooter without cars and with long time of perfect boring is not exactly what new players will like.

What could works instead?

since 2011 all players (except for some Tryhard/cheater/closet/ pro hater):

• Clan Wars 
  • Racing 
  • Housing
  • Pets
  • Motorbikes
  • Content APB oriented (not COD or CSGO oriented )
  • PVE
  • Tread system  ✌️done
  • Anticheat  🤞 works
  • Engine Update ready since 1Q2014

5 minutes ago, Queen of Love said:

Changing in a blue vs red shooter without cars and with long time of perfect boring is not exactly what new players will like.

• Clan Wars 
  • Racing 
  • Housing
  • Pets
  • Motorbikes
  • PVE
  • Tread system  ✌️done
  • Anticheat  🤞 works

I said "Change" not bringing new things. None of the things u wrote gonna save the game. LO should solve the major problems. Matchmaking system, progression, threat system, bounty system, map rework etc. Bringing those things may make some of u happy but sorry it won save the game.

2 hours ago, _gousk said:

I said "Change" not bringing new things. None of the things u wrote gonna save the game. LO should solve the major problems. Matchmaking system, progression, threat system, bounty system, map rework etc. Bringing those things may make some of u happy but sorry it won save the game.

if the list is done like the shotgun rebalance ofc will dont save nothing.

but if is done like the nice Tread system will be a working masterpiece.

i guess change is also add something new, my english is like 56k bps but i guess should be similar in dictionary.

Also only one player happy more is important.

i dont remember if is starfleet combat , but there is a game where 1 single user spent 150.000 US$ for its immaginary spaceship commandos .

• what we should do? is just one, lets ignore him. <- How community works now. An antimagnet for anything new. (including new players)
  • Hey, let's try. <- How serious community get always more players with just make happy one.

9 hours ago, Queen of Love said:

• Clan Wars 
  • Racing 
  • Housing
  • Pets
  • Motorbikes
  • PVE
  • Tread system  ✌️done
  • Anticheat  🤞 works

Motorbikes is the worst thing u can add to the game

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Queen of Love said:

if the list is done like the shotgun rebalance ofc will dont save nothing.

but if is done like the nice Tread system will be a working masterpiece.

i guess change is also add something new, my english is like 56k bps but i guess should be similar in dictionary.

Also only one player happy more is important.

i dont remember if is starfleet combat , but there is a game where 1 single user spent 150.000 US$ for its immaginary spaceship commandos .

• what we should do? is just one, lets ignore him. <- How community works now. An antimagnet for anything new. (including new players)
  • Hey, let's try. <- How serious community get always more players with just make happy one.

I didnt say "Dont add new things". I said "Solve the major problems first". No one left the game cuz there are no motorbikes or pets. Everyone left cuz the matchmaking sucks, weapons and mods are not balanced, threat system not working good etc. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, _gousk said:

I didnt say "Dont add new things". I said "Solve the major problems first". No one left the game cuz there are no motorbikes or pets. Everyone left cuz the matchmaking sucks, weapons and mods are not balanced, threat system not working good etc. 

agree ✌️

but like jey'n did for 5 years = "we canT do NOTHING before solving engine update "

at end we didnt get solved any update and didnt get even nothing really new.

(ty for Xmas FC event with 12death of christmas ,that was really nice and new, and for first Easter event, the P5/N5 fiesta 😄 plus real hunt around city)

who care about major issues? 😄

gimme my Ducati 900 !!!!

On 5/20/2019 at 6:26 AM, Queen of Love said:

• Motorbikes

That is the stupidest thing that gets requested. Its either kids requesting it or people who have no idea how this game works. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, killerskull said:

That is the stupidest thing that gets requested. Its either kids requesting it or people who have no idea how this game works. 

Always better than a pumpkin in head.

No cookie for you.

Nah, i am not so bad, get one. ❤️

3 hours ago, killerskull said:

She forgot horses and helicopters...

I agree somewhat with SillyBear, though also agree that the game's current design is not incredibly suitable for totally new players. But we're talking about a new game mode here, not mission district progression. 

In the context of RIOT, if it's supposed to pull in new players, there really does need to be a distinctly different approach. You won't achieve that if, on day one, you allow players to start with all of their perks and new players have nothing. 

If riot is supposed to pull new players in, whatever progression curve it has (and it can have one, though I'm not convinced it needs one but these days I guess every game does, you know, attenton span), it must start off the same for everyone. Ie when it's launched, everyone is the same. Otherwise new players won't be interested at all. 

Edited by Ydiss
I didn't get the context properly

I watched the stream of some english fella, I can clearly see things are getting better. I can't wait to play it myself.

Besides spawning and level design it's looks something I would rather enjoy playing.

Spawning is still wacky, and i know LO aware of that, so hopefully it'll get fixed.

Level designed looks a bit poor, I mean all this burn cars and no debree at all? Need more work, if you're editing map instead of making new(short on time, i understand), then please at least make realistic. Like there's a riot indeed. I know what ue3 can handle, and dropping debree and setting proper render distance won't hurt at all.

i called this as being a bullshoot bait and switch.

just reminding you.

the new meme has arrived "riot mode, coming "soon""

Edited by toodamnmuch

35 minutes ago, toodamnmuch said:

i called this as being a bullshoot bait and switch.

just reminding you.

the new meme has arrived "riot mode, coming "soon""

Thanks for your input, Jeff

Edited by Soundwave2142

20 hours ago, Soundwave2142 said:

Thanks for your input, Jeff

just saying i told you so, it's kinda becoming my thing, especially with people who aren't intelligent like the ones who develop and play this game.