ComFeyer

RIOT 11th of May Feedback thread

Hi there, all you lovely players who've tested the new RIOT mode.

This thread serves as a place for you all to post your feedback. Positive or negative, let us hear it!

• Thanks 3

how long will be open the OTW? / I can`t play right now 😞

Ok who thought it was a good idea to put big lines of text in the center of the screen? This is a shooter I need to see my enemies.

86p72My.png

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Uke said:

Ok who thought it was a good idea to put big lines of text in the center of the screen? This is a shooter I need to see my enemies.

Now that's an interesting low-res only issue. on 1080p that is not a problem at all, it's nice at the top.

Just now, WhiskeyTangoFoxX said:

Now that's an interesting low-res only issue. on 1080p that is not a problem at all, it's nice at the top.

Lol this is 1080p, it's a screen from Kemp's stream.

Just now, Uke said:

Lol this is 1080p, it's a screen from Kemp's stream.

Last I checked he uses UI scaling these days

Bugs:

1) Post game scoreboard doesn't show your kill count.

2) Got disconnected when trying to join a new game after losing one mid game.

3) After this, the "Join a new game" option ceased working and I had to join new games from the district select screen.

Game mode:

Not sure it's for me. Takes too long for anything other than sporadic gunfights to happen, and then when there is a fight for the truck it's a spam fest in a small area. It's okay, I guess. But it's not great.

Riot access codes spawned at vastly different distances from the starting areas. In most games I played, the nearest was 250+m away (400 on occasion), but I had a round near the end of my session where it was only 90m away. Big difference when you're on foot and need that code to start earning cash.

Spawns near the end of the game are kinda problematic cos of the decreasing area. You can be either very fortunate and spawn behind a guy who has 10% health and kill him, or find yourself surrounded by fully armed enemies with only an FBW. Although the FBW is probably the best option for a starting weapon.

My last round put me a team by myself. Victory is obviously impossible in this situation.

Stability, lag etc. have generally been okay.

Edited by MrChan
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

Uh maybe. Still I'm mentioning it because it was annoying for me and I play at 1080p, didn't feel like launching the game again just to the the screenshot.

Edited by Uke

3 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

Yeah it's UI scaling then. those UI elements do not go anywhere near that low with defaults

- I literally spawned in between enemy team once, like 2 meters next to them. Doesn't seem right.

- The barriers of the zone or whatever you wanna call it are hard to see.

Edited by Uke

Just now, Uke said:

I literally spawned in between enemy team once, like 2 meters next to them. Doesn't seem right.

I think the area just gets too small for the game to be able to spawn players in a reasonable place all the time. Like the way Baylan's spawns (which weren't great to begin with) are complete dogshit since it went to 20 v 20.

- No ambient sound in the city kills whatever immersion left

- Removing car spawners was a horrible idea. This will leave new players completely confused and clueless on what to do. Running for miles is not fun. At least add more cars that spawn randomly. I could not find any cars this time.

- Spawn system is horrible. It spawned me 5 meters behind the person who killed me. Also did that for 2 other enemies..... you could guess the outcome

- Add some special effects to the winning screen. It's boringly silent. For example - those neat sounds when you redeem something from your mailbox/unlock new stuff from contacts

- Remove stupid looking skins from the weapons. It looks silly and I can't take this mode seriously. All guns should have the base skin applied. 

- UI needs some love. Everything is so in your face. Also, Minimap doesn't work. You can't see your group members on it....

• Like 4

My opinions on riot haven't changed, I don't know why you guys are doing this, I don't think this will survive and will just be another black mark on apb. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

I think it's alright, however regardless of what I think, we don't have the population to support this alongside missions and fightclub. Sadly I do not see this bringing in the necessary population for that either.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxX said:

Yeah it's UI scaling then. those UI elements do not go anywhere near that low with defaults

I don't use UI scaling and most of UI is very annoying. It was overwhelming with the amount of windows, and text on my screen and I play the Vanilla APB. Imagine a New Player seeing all this amount of UI. It's way to much imo, some of can be scaled down or fade out and in when necessary. Like put the Respawn cost next to the amount of RTokens you have rtc. Also the RIOT symbol at the top is pointless.

Another thing I noticed was when you pick up a hazmat suit 2 or more it does not show up anywhere until you actually use it. So if you want to know how many you have you have to use a suit.

18 minutes ago, Nickolai said:

- No ambient sound in the city kills whatever immersion left

So eerily quiet.

- Removing car spawners was a horrible idea. This will leave new players completely confused and clueless on what to do. Running for miles is not fun. At least add more cars that spawn randomly. I could not find any cars this time.

While I do agree the mode is very confusing. I do not think cars would do anything for this mode other than hurt it. Cars are already tanks in vanilla and people will just rush you with cars most of the time. Please do not bring them into this mode.

- Spawn system is horrible. It spawned me 5 meters behind the person who killed me. Also did that for 2 other enemies..... you could guess the outcome

I spawned near many enemies as well after losing a life as well. I honestly can't think of a solution for this if they are going to use lives.

- Add some special effects to the winning screen. It's boringly silent. For example - those neat sounds when you redeem something from your mailbox/unlock new stuff from contacts

- Remove stupid looking skins from the weapons. It looks silly and I can't take this mode seriously. All guns should have the base skin applied. 

- UI needs some love. Everything is so in your face. Also, Minimap doesn't work. You can't see your group members on it....

All of this I agree with.

Another thing that needs to be done is something about that last phase where the last combatants fight near the Escape truck. Just camp near it and win. I wasn't there long enough to notice if gas spreads to the last sector but camping near the truck seems the way to win. 

Edited by Shyloid
  • Like 2

I mainly focus on the changed things:

Positive:

• Specator HUD: It's less boring as before to specate someone after I died.
  • Ability to join new round when dead: So I'm not forced to spectate until the round is over. And it worked really good!
  • No vehicles:  I liked it alot because the combats are more enjoyable and I didn't even feel like I need a car.
  • Life System: It feels better than the last test.
  • Scoreboard: The scoreboard at end of the round is a nice add.

Negative:

• Spawnpoints: The Life System is fine but only if the respawns work good. Sometimes I had enemies spawn right into me and they had spawn protection. Thats not so enjoyable. (I even recorded that)
  • FBW: Since the mode was intended to be designed for new players I think the FBW is wrong here. There is a big gab between a newbie with FBW and a "pro" with FBW.

Bugs:

• Blackscreen in Loadingscreen: If the LoadingMovieRiotIntro switches to LoadingMovieRiotLoop I noticed a blackscreen for a few seconds. It gives you the feeling the game crashed. (Also recorded)

Wishes:

• Vehicles in Lobby: While waiting that the round starts, let us drive some vehicles and despawn them a few seconds before the round start.
  • Team Bonus: Give some extra points/money for running around with your team.  Sometimes I had the problem that my team splitted over 200 meter.
  • Environment sound: As I said the last time. Sometimes it feels pretty quite while running around. I would like to have some environment sounds. But I also know its easier to say that than adding something that fits to the game.
  • Spectator Info: I just found out today that you can switch through the spectator cam by pressing left or right mouse button. How about to add a little info to the HUD?
  • Secondary Weapon: In my opinion RIOT should get its own secondary specially designed for the mode. A weapon that is not too OP and still fair for everyone. I thought about something automatic.

I had much fun playing today still looking positive for upcoming changes and tests. Keep up the good work!

Edited by iTzBlackout
Added additional feedback. (Bug Report) Added Weapons feedback. Added Links.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Are there any plans to add the ability to fully buy out the RIOT pass tiers with G1C when it comes out? Kind of like Fortnite or ROE. Maybe if people don't like the mode but want the rewards. Since I'm assuming they will be cosmetic.

Edited by Shyloid

good god, where do I start? ugh.

Cons:

-So to start with, me and a couple of my friends have been having issues with the audio working in the game. no gunshots, no footsteps, no nothing. complete silence.

-It feels like as if almost nothing was changed, the spawn points are still as wonky as ever. respawning next to enemies and absolute havok.

-changing the sidearm to the fbw was a bad idea, it really doesn't add much to the gameplay. it gives skilled players a major advantages over new players.

-it was discovered that OTW is very insecure, I had heard that someone on there was IP pulling and doxing people ingame and that itself is not acceptable.

-With random start spawns and no stun upon getting down that was recommended, the game really felt too much like a convoluted version of normal missions

-There generally still is not much of a sense of direction, and would be extremely confusing for new players

Pros:

-Removing the ability to use vehicles is more than likely for the best.

-The new respawn system is nice, It makes rounds not end so quickly.

-The abundance of servers that you can switch between is a nice change, to my surprise it worked quite well in OTW where I could immediately start a new game after another.

Conclusion:

I am going to be very honest. I hate it, I absolutely hate it. as it is now, those things make the mode boring very quickly. it feels so raw and directionless, and it will need some major improvements before it will be worth the time of new and old members of APB. after all the time and delay, we expected quite a bit sure, but with those high expectations, I was thoroughly let down. I sincerely hope that these changes are made because I really love this game, and want this gamemode to be successful. But as it is right now, this will not be the thing that will save apb's low population, and that alone scares the mess out of me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, SacheM said:

168Q4p.png

infinite login screen pls fx

It`s a Bug... try restart the game, and don`t use the Auto Login from steam

- Main issue is the spawn system still. My team kept spawning 10m away from enemies we've literally just killed only to fight them again in an FBW 1v1.

- Though I do like the fact that we get FBW now instead of the SNR pistol.

- Also I don't know how to spawn my car when there are no spawners anywhere, they've been removed from the whole map. I also did not see ANY city car spawns anywhere unlike last time when there were parked cars you could drive. (Being able to spawn your own Vegas 4x4s and Pioneers will make it very very very unfair for new players so I think the car idea should be dropped entirely or somehow balanced)

- Grenades situation has not been looked at at all. You shouldn't allow people to start with Low Yields if anything. In fact, if you are allowing grenades, make sure it's the same grenade type that's available for everyone otherwise it's just not fair. (Current situation is not fair either.)

- I think the Clotting Agent character mod situation needs to be reconsidered. Having no Clotting Agent makes the combat a lot slower and more boring. It's not in the APB spirit at all. If anything, it should have Clotting Agent 3 forced on to every player as soon as they enter so that it's fair for everyone.

- A lot of the improvements to the features and purchase prompts are better now, the fact that respawning is automated when you have enough money is fine as well imo.

- But I also think that it's nonsensical to have the loadout purchase prompt come up once and then you cannot recall it if you decline it and you need to find a pickup on the map to pick up your loadout. I think you should be able to recall it.

- Also, I assume that's way too complicated to do but it would be nice if we could see zones on the minimap/radar at the bottom right instead of having to open the full map (M). Pretty annoying.

- Prompt to change to another server is great, thanks for adding that in.

That's all I can think of right now. I might edit later.

Edited by Flaws
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Shyloid said:

I spawned near many enemies as well after losing a life as well. I honestly can't think of a solution for this if they are going to use lives.

There are many solutions. Dedicated spawn areas (something similar to Apex) are probably the best choice. It's better than people spawning randomly behind you without any warning for sure.

• Like 1

I felt like headless chicken just going after the spawn codes, arming the devices but the only reason for doing it was the curiosity as it was my first playthrough. Maybe it's just me but it all feels like chaos without any objective, motivation and on top of it going everywhere on foot with no enemies to shoot at.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

SUGGESTIONS

General

Fix the Spawn Locations

Improve the Spectator Mode

Add Environmental Sounds 

Change Icon's Contacts in RIOT'S MAP LEGEND
Delete Money Laundry in RIOT'S MAP LEGEND
Delete Vehicle Repair Zone in RIOT'S MAP LEGEND
Delete Fence in RIOT'S MAP LEGEND

Delete Chop Shops in RIOT'S MAP LEGEND

BUGS

General

Delete the Vehicle Spawn Machine Sound's Effect (based on vehicle removal in RIOT)

5 minutes ago, Uke said:

There are many solutions. Dedicated spawn areas (something similar to Apex) are probably the best choice. It's better than people spawning randomly behind you without any warning for sure.

True, but Apex is different as it's death field is a slow closing circle that stops in phases to allow players to fight within it for a set period of time. So spawning is less of a chore. As where RIOT relies on players closing of sectors at their own pace whether it's the gas spreads fast or slow.  I mean unless you're saying we should be able to respawn in the gas then yeah, I get your point.