NaiveInnocent

[INFO] Blocked loading of file: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\APB Reloaded\Binaries\d3d9.dll".

Hello everyone,

Since yesterday I've been experiencing an issue that obviously no one has done a topic for.

When launching apb i'm having the error "The application was unable to start correctly (0x000009a) which is a known issue, but it's particular since it's apb, and only apb. Indeed I have watched the Battleeye launcher console, which is saying the following lines :

"03:40:40: Starting BattlEye Service...
03:40:43: Launching game...
03:40:54: Note: File blocks can be ignored if they don't cause problems with the game.
03:40:54: [INFO] Blocked loading of file: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\APB Reloaded\Binaries\d3d9.dll"."

So I went straight to my antivirus and tried to turn it off, because I thought it was blocking things. It didn't work.

Then I tried to see if my Firewall was blocking BE files or APB it self. It didn't work.

So I went straight to battle eye website and saw that it was a common issue with battleye, indeed they tell you to actually delete or rename the file d3d9.dll, but I thought that file was a part from the game wasn't ?

So as i'm too scared to get banned, I won't touch a single file before confirmation. 

Merged.

Update : I copied and pasted d3dx9.dll out of my APB ; binaries and put it on desktop, and it worked, the game launch properly, but I've put it back, and wait to know if I should really delete it or find a solution.

• Like 1

There is a similar issue where BattlEye blocks loading file msvcp80.dll. (Reinstalling Microsoft Visual C++ solves it.)

If the game launcher doesn't replace the d3dx9.dll automatically, it shouldn't be a problem. Still, it's against ToS.

Edited by xNyuu

4 minutes ago, xNyuu said:

There is a similar issue where BattlEye blocks loading file msvcp80.dll. (Reinstalling Microsoft Visual C++ solves it.)

If the game launcher doesn't replace the d3dx9.dll automatically, it shouldn't be a problem. Still, it's against ToS.

I deleted d3dx9.dll out of binaries, launched apb played etc, then quit apb, and I checked d3dx9.dll came back by itself where it was. 

So the answer to my question is : Move the .dll being blocked when launching the game, see if it works, if it does, then quit the game check where you moved the file from and see if the file came back here. If the file didn't come back I suggest to put it back and contact support.

Okay anyways no, I it doesn't work again, so my d3dx9.dll is corrupted and fails the launch of the game waw... Am I really gonna wait months until support answer my ticket...

You will NOT get banned for removing it, since the file gets replaced. 

Verify integrity of your game files with steam. Then uninstall and reinstall DirectX and verify again or reinstall the whole game.

Edited by xNyuu

I already tried to repair from apb launcher, steam, uninstalled and reinstalled none worked, So,

I deleted all visual c++ redistribuable, and download them back, then I will try to re install directx, 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NaiveInnocent said:

I already tried to repair from apb launcher, steam, uninstalled and reinstalled none worked, So,

I deleted all visual c++ redistribuable, and download them back, then I will try to re install directx, 

It's DirectX, give it a try.

Edited by xNyuu

Okay it wasn't visual c++, I deleted and reinstalled directx, and now the problem is 

03:40:54: [INFO] Blocked loading of file: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\APB Reloaded\Binaries\BEprogram

Omg, am I someone's target or what..

I did a repair from launcher, and it's d3dx9.dll back again............ I really am mad rn

Merged.

Last Update : 

d3d9.dll really is the problem, whenever I delete it and launch apb (the file isn't in binaries while I play) it works perfectly. Then when I try to launch apb back again the file gets here alone and blocks the launch of the game, so I have to re delete it again. And you said it's bannable (the file gets replaced after I quit the game so I play without it) so I am entirely stuck and hope to have a mod or something out here.......

7 minutes ago, NaiveInnocent said:

Last Update : 

d3d9.dll really is the problem, whenever I delete it and launch apb (the file isn't in binaries while I play) it works perfectly. Then when I try to launch apb back again the file gets here alone and blocks the launch of the game, so I have to re delete it again. And you said it's bannable (the file gets replaced after I quit the game so I play without it) so I am entirely stuck and hope to have a mod or something out here.......

It's against the ToS to remove game files, but since it gets replaced you will NOT be banned for continually deleting it. You could also check for windows updates.

d3d9.dll is a DirectX .dll so you have some kind of issue with DirectX.

Yeah I got it, but thing is the file is replaced only after the game is fully closed, so in the end while I play the file is never there which means i'm against the ToS.

I'll try windows update who knows...

Hello there! There's about like 4 people including me in with the same problem or similar.

I already reinstall C++ and the Blocked File still happening, I read that the problem is on steam and the only way on play the game is log in manually but.. like other's user's I'm waiting for another solution..

1 minute ago, AmeliaDjo said:

Hello there! There's about like 4 people including me in with the same problem or similar.

I already reinstall C++ and the Blocked File still happening, I read that the problem is on steam and the only way on play the game is log in manually but.. like other's user's I'm waiting for another solution..

What do you mean by logging in manually...?

Go to the game exe and log in without steam.

Go for the post "Steam triggers battleye" and there's what I'm talking about...

Merged.

But my problem is that when I delete the "blocked" file (d3d9.dll) it works, when I let it in, it doesn't work, with or without steam.

Merged.

edit : I asked a friend if he had "d3d9.dll" in his binaries folder and he didn't, I think this file doesn't exist in apb and I am the only guy who got it, can anyone check his binaries file and tell me if he got this file.

Edited by NaiveInnocent

On 5/11/2019 at 4:16 PM, NaiveInnocent said:

But my problem is that when I delete the "blocked" file (d3d9.dll) it works, when I let it in, it doesn't work, with or without steam.

Merged.

edit : I asked a friend if he had "d3d9.dll" in his binaries folder and he didn't, I think this file doesn't exist in apb and I am the only guy who got it, can anyone check his binaries file and tell me if he got this file.

I'm in the same situation:

11:43:21: Starting BattlEye Service...

11:43:25: Launching game...
11:43:29: Note: File blocks can be ignored if they don't cause problems with the game.
11:43:29: [INFO] Blocked loading of file: "C:\Program Files\GamersFirst\APB Reloaded\Binaries\APB.exe".

I think it has to do with win32 based on 64 operating systems,

tried reinstalling windows and apb many times, 

on this last installation i get the above message...

on other installations it starts but right before entering the district it exits and says out memory ...

because the game requires more memory than a 32 operating system can offer... 

I confirm that "d3d9.dll" is not in the binaries folder.

Edited by Nettuno

d3d9.dll is not part of APB. You probably have an overlay or custom shader like sweetfx adding it. Disable in game overlays in all of your applications like Discord, Steam, RivaTuner, MSI Afterburner, etc.

@SquirrelFace  Hit the nail on the head.  good job, 

so D3D9.DLL is part of  your DX / framework  it allows the game to link/talk with other main core parts of your os and the os environment,  this file is normally compiled to "fit" your computers environment hardware os etc.  However if your running the game on a secondary drive and windows 10 64bit with the latest dx and youv installed the latest DX package,  you shouldn't actually need it. BUT this is at your own risk removing it so  back it up.   * if you are still running a DX 9/10 graphics card and system then you should keep it. 

but if you wish to try and resolve you either  (like iv posted many of times)

1) an Overlay or "screen hooking" feature attempting to use/share the games D3D9.dll  , this could be as simple as discords overlay, or even just discord detecting you are playing the game with "live stream" features, this would also be the case if you have steam streaming to friend as "open non request". there are other applications that attempt to hood, Slobs, OBS, MSI , EVGA, the list is massive. includes Nvidia and ms xbox if you use "hooking" 

or 

2) Antivirus / anti-malware / Windows Defender are detecting "suspicious activities" with the game files and are blocking either "file access" or "memory access" when files are used. this can normally be a false positive after large updates. but as always do not just disable security applications/features.. and what you choose is at your own risk. 

OR

3)  for what ever reason the file has become corrupt, this can be due to installation location change, driver update, or OS update.   simple fix is to back up the said file and open the launcher (not the game exe) > options > verify files / repair .. then close and reopen launcher to load the game,    Note that if you have the game installed to your c; OS primary then you might be having access restrictions especially after an os update. your primary is monitored very tightly . another reason to have the game on a secondary "storage only" drive (no partition, a secondary actual storage device) with a fixed "drive letter path". 

>> Added note is to get the latest DX package from MS site and install/repair. 

Dont just outright delete a file from your system if you are unsure,. create a new folder in the "location" of file and title it something like "Bkup d3d9". what ever you want ,. the game wont acknowledge the folder. you can "move" the said file. simply loading into the games lobby menu should with out logging in or even just to the accounts screen should not get you banned. although the game may still suddenly kick you out.

@Nettuno   In your case with the APB.exe , check your game exe is not being blocked by  > option 2 AV / AM / Defender -       but also just check your task manger, make sure the game is not running any processes in the background if you get this when trying multiple times.  you can move the APB.exe into a new folder, run launcher to verify/repair game to see if this resolves any link issues. 

Also  64bit os can handle 32bit applications, although you might not have the correct supporting packages , as you will require x64 and x86(32) , so check you have the latest VCredist_86x and Netframe work. 

Edited by Sgt Drayke