Easych

Year with Little Orbit.

8 hours ago, sakafiskafnjak said:

I'd rather have fairfight anticheat than no anti cheat at all. It banned regulary and, after LO came, they removed it and unbanned EVERY SINGLE ONE fairfight has banned. So many closets obviously came back (i guess it was a marketing move).

You want to  have false bans that even banned MattScott himself?

You want a false security that only hurt innocent players by being abused?

No thanks I'll pass.

8 hours ago, sakafiskafnjak said:

I cant say anything about the engine upgrade because i havent seen anything so far. Just empty words. Same as gamersfirst.

SPCT themselves said they are testing it.

The performance difference was unexpected and they mentioned how they did not expect that much out of it.

That is not nothing. Sorry but I respectfully disagree.

7 hours ago, BrandonBranderson said:

They've done more over the past year than G1 has during their last four years of owning APB.

With the new stuff being worked on its about to be closer to  "anything  G1 did at all"

Little Orbit has put their hearts and backs into APB.

Mistakes made or not they gave it their all.

And that counts a lot more than anything else or we couldn't have what they have already done.

If LO are doing so well why are the servers so empty ?

I appreciate the fact that they are more communicative than G1, but if there is nobody listening what's the point ?

IMHO they screwed up by unbanning all the cheaters and then messing with the balance when they didn't really understand what makes the game tick .

APB was in a bad place when they took over and now things are even worse, there's no coming back from this, APB is finished.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, sakafiskafnjak said:

They removed anticheat-system

delirium

20 hours ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxX said:

Calling fairfight an anti-cheat system is a bit of a stretch with the little it actually did. BattlEye has not been perfect but it sure as hell is better. I don't know about your own experience, but for me the servers actually never changed at all. Feel the same. Not perfect, but good enough to play seriously on. Aside from that, the showstopper is not as good as you think, not even close to the meta.

this is the approval of the official face of the company LO !  dude ! maybe you need to get to know the game better ?

if you do not see public notifications bans Fair Fight it does not mean that it does not work .

5 hours ago, TheDogCatcher said:

I appreciate the fact that they are more communicative than G1, but if there is nobody listening what's the point ?

IMHO they screwed up by unbanning all the cheaters and then messing with the balance when they didn't really understand what makes the game tick .

APB was in a bad place when they took over and now things are even worse, there's no coming back from this, APB is finished.

you wouldn't believe me . I keep believing in these in them .

Edited by Yood

On 5/10/2019 at 10:06 AM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I told you so.

BSapRmq.png

I was wrong .... I thought you would say this by January

On 5/10/2019 at 6:29 PM, TheDogCatcher said:

House is empty until a proper foundation is built for the house to be supported.

Almost there. SPCT team is testing so after they are done sometime soon.

Edited by Fortune Runner

18 hours ago, Ketog said:

Sum up since LO got APB :

We got a new jokerbox with a gun called showstopper in it , basically a secondary shotgun

There is a whole new gm team

New forums

New website

Armas rework (tho still a bad shop to my eyes)

Armas prices reduced by 50% and tweaked.

New Battleye anticheat.

All cheaters unbanned giving them a second chance.

Trading system

New support ticket system

New epidemic event

New SPCT team

Gun balances (that literally no one asked for, and was very badly executed)

the redhill ARG. (one of the coolest things that happened imo)

New mode called APB RIOT teased

Active ingame gm's.

Actual engine upgrade work, and a code revision to replace Reloaded Productions's junky code.

To my eyes, they did A LOT already, really a huge amount of work, while most of it isn't content for the game, it's a great baseline to start modernizing apb which is what it lacked for years and years.

And the best part about this is, We didn't get any false promises, with reloaded productions, we got many let downs, too much of them, meanwhile with LittleOrbit, all the things they announced, they delivered it.

Oh yeah communication, we all love this, while the communication is not perfect still, we got people from the devteam actually looking at the forums now, where all veteran players are, we know where there are issues, and they listen to us, in return we can also give them trust and see what they can do to improve.

I hope this year is the year where APB truely gets worked on, on issues that have been there for almost a decade now and discussed countless times without any real answer... driving lag, weapon balance, optimization, matchmaking, threat, servers, population, player movement, game mechanics and of course, content.

while apb terribly needs content, it also needs huge amounts of polish, that game truly feels old as soon as you touch it, and you KNOW that it's not a recent game when you get your hands on it.

Honestly, props to LO for doing what they do, i hope they don't let us down, and keep doing as good as they did for the things to come ! 👍

Can't explain better than this, maybe yes but this is what they have done so far and im in love with the company, totally.

Congratulations Little Orbit! 🙂

LO . Please accept our congratulations ,

As someone who used to visit the APB forums when G1 had it and laugh at how badly Tiggs screwed it up because of her little power hungry ban streaks against anyone who opposed her views I'm actually glad to see progress and the game turning around once LO picked it up.

Obviously a small company picking up a game with such spaghetti code would be a rough start, but the transparency and effort into reviving the game has me hoping the game gets better. Not enough to entice me to come back and play yet but hopefully one day.

On 5/10/2019 at 11:07 AM, Easych said:

I do not want to say that LO is good or bad. I don't know. It is too early to draw conclusions.  

No offence but after 1 year you should have an opinion about the company

• Like 3

On 5/11/2019 at 5:29 AM, Fortune Runner said:

House is empty until a proper foundation is built for the house to be supported.

Almost there. SPCT team is testing so after they are done sometime soon.

I admire your optimism but I can't think of one single game that has come back from the dead in the way you seem to believe that APB will .

6 hours ago, TheDogCatcher said:

I admire your optimism but I can't think of one single game that has come back from the dead in the way you seem to believe that APB will .

warframe was nearly dead.

then it wasn't from revamping things little by little to be more friendly to players.

not easy to do but Little Orbit is showing they can do it like the current warframe team.

no one knows the future though.

1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:

warframe was nearly dead.

then it wasn't from revamping things little by little to be more friendly to players.

not easy to do but Little Orbit is showing they can do it like the current warframe team.

no one knows the future though.

Warframe is a very different case it never had anything like the "baggage" that APB has, APB has a reputation as a cheater infested hot mess amongst the wider gaming community whereas Warframe was reletively low profile before it started to gain traction, so it had far less to contend with in regards to player expectations.

LO may have the right attitude but this has yet to translate into any kind of growth of the playerbase, infact quite the reverse is true, it seems that when they first took over the game quite a few players were willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, but this optimism rapidly dissipated after LO made a series of early blunders. I think they've lost the trust of many players who were willing to give them a chance and it's going to be extremely difficult to come back from that.

No one knows the future but it is possible to have a damn good guess based on the available facts, trends in gaming, etc.

Edited by TheDogCatcher
  • Like 1

On 5/10/2019 at 3:54 AM, WhiskeyTangoFoxX said:

Calling fairfight an anti-cheat system is a bit of a stretch with the little it actually did. BattlEye has not been perfect but it sure as hell is better.

The truth is BattlEye has an easy bypass known for years and is, for those who bypass it, nonexistent.  Fairfight on the other hand is quite decent, although G1 did not pay to upgrade and maintain it, had tweaked it's settings oddly, and used subjective GM bans under the Fairfight name deceitfully.  We cannot even judge Fairfight under G1,,, just as we cannot say BattlEye might NOT be better if an engine upgrade ever comes, and the easy bypass trick is no longer effective.  But what we have in APB now is so ridiculously horribad, you have to be delusional to pretend we have an anti-cheat in place.  And that's not mentioning the even MORE horribad report and ticket system which takes nearly a year for even a reply.

2 hours ago, TheDogCatcher said:

Warframe is a very different case it never had anything like the "baggage" that APB has, APB has a reputation as a cheater infested hot mess amongst the wider gaming community whereas Warframe was reletively low profile before it started to gain traction, so it had far less to contend with in regards to player expectations.

LO may have the right attitude but this has yet to translate into any kind of growth of the playerbase, infact quite the reverse is true, it seems that when they first took over the game quite a few players were willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, but this optimism rapidly dissipated after LO made a series of early blunders. I think they've lost the trust of many players who were willing to give them a chance and it's going to be extremely difficult to come back from that.

No one knows the future but it is possible to have a damn good guess based on the available facts, trends in gaming, etc.

if you say only  a perfect scenario can succeed then you'll never set a foot forward.

and technically APB had a rep but its not that well known anymore.

A good amount of people now on steam are in fact unaware of APB and its past.

It honestly sounds like its you who is not moving forward. (not meant to be rude in any way shape or form)

No matter what happens though , we need to give it our all.

I'll keep playing APB for as long as it's around, I've spent a lot on the game and want to get my money's worth.

I'm just somewhat pessimistic about the future, despite LO's best efforts it's getting harder and harder to find a decent match even on Citadel which has the highest population.

I'm not hopeful for the Engine Update because I'm fairly certain there will be issues when it is finally thrown out into the wild, no matter how much testing is done, and this could very well be the final straw that breaks the donkey's back.

So get a horse instead of a donkey ?

More powerful so more stuff done.

Has its own poop problems.

But that's life and if that part cant be overcome by us then its our fault as much as the horse pooping everywhere. *shrugs*

I mean I got a shovel so..... ya know?

Anyways for APB to be competitive for new players to say " hey lets try this" we absolutely need the Engine Upgrade.

We can not live in the past programming of 10 years ago and only that Engine Upgrade can fix that.

Most games don't last this long either way so if it fails its not really over anything but age.

I'm hoping for some way to get more players here after the Upgrade is good enough to where people would want to play "something new".

whole new generation to invite but as to how to do that , I'm not good at that.

I see the EU as a catch 22 situation - damned if you do, damned if you don't kind of thing.

If it had happened 2 years ago it probably would have succeeded but the playerbase is so fragile now that even the slightest disruption could prove fatal , by the same token if we don't get the EU the game will slowly die anyway.

LO's biggest mistake was failing to capitalise on the upsurge in player numbers when they took over, instead of taking things steady and nurturing the game they jumped in and made a bunch of changes that nobody wanted which had a disasterous effect on their credibility.

Edited by TheDogCatcher
  • Like 1

I dont like LOs useless roadmap. Because anything was late. Lets take engine upgrade for example. According to roadmap it was supposed to be on OTW in february. It is mid may now and we havent seen any screenshots or any videos. Yeah roadmap doesnt give exact dates/times, however 3,5 months later and still nothing? Or RIOT mode was supposed to come out in END MARCH 1,5 months later it was only on OTW. 

50 minutes ago, CatInTuxedo said:

I dont like LOs useless roadmap. Because anything was late. Lets take engine upgrade for example. According to roadmap it was supposed to be on OTW in february. It is mid may now and we havent seen any screenshots or any videos. Yeah roadmap doesnt give exact dates/times, however 3,5 months later and still nothing? Or RIOT mode was supposed to come out in END MARCH 1,5 months later it was only on OTW. 

That roadmap was a timetable guide of when they hoped to b done by and what they have planned for APB which they have been following through on.

The complaint you have is more of you want an exact time and for it to be followed.

Today's attitude of "give me updates now" is the very reason why programmers get burned out and quit the industry lately.

And please stop ignoring all the other hardships they have gone through for our behalf which is why it was delayed (like the DDoS attacks and server parts failure)

I'd rather it be done right with realistic expectations rather than putting a greedy burden on Little Orbit.

What work they have been doing is no small task to begin with since its the very foundation of APB they are fixing.

3 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

That roadmap was a timetable guide of when they hoped to b done by and what they have planned for APB which they have been following through on.

The complaint you have is more of you want an exact time and for it to be followed.

Today's attitude of "give me updates now" is the very reason why programmers get burned out and quit the industry lately.

And please stop ignoring all the other hardships they have gone through for our behalf which is why it was delayed (like the DDoS attacks and server parts failure)

I'd rather it be done right with realistic expectations rather than putting a greedy burden on Little Orbit.

What work they have been doing is no small task to begin with since its the very foundation of APB they are fixing.

It's not fair to pretend that little orbit hasn't missed nearly every deadline they themselves have given. Nor is it fair to imply that players don't have the right to be upset when LO repeatedly misses their own deadlines. 

We aren't demanding things by certain dates.

LO is voluntarily, and repeatedly, giving and missing deadlines. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

It's not fair to pretend that little orbit hasn't missed nearly every deadline they themselves have given. Nor is it fair to imply that players don't have the right to be upset when LO repeatedly misses their own deadlines. 

We aren't demanding things by certain dates.

LO is voluntarily, and repeatedly, giving and missing deadlines. 

until recently they didn't give an exact date for a deadline.

the rest was " we are aiming for this timetable and if there's no setbacks this is when it will be"

check MattScotts posts you'll see those words often enough.

12 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

until recently they didn't give an exact date for a deadline.

the rest was " we are aiming for this timetable and if there's no setbacks this is when it will be"

check MattScotts posts you'll see those words often enough.

As often as you will see him apologizing for missing dates. Exact or not, all nearly every milestone have been missed. 

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

Exactly "when they hoped to be done" so what even is the point of posting those roadmaps when anythyng will never be done when they want it to be. And even Matt said that he hoped to release the engine upgrade till the end of last year. Like yeah thats what I am saying I dont expect roadmaps to be 100% accurate, however when they hoped to release something till the end of last year and right now is mid may next year and it still aint in game. What am I supposed to think about them?

6 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

As often as you will see him apologizing for missing dates. Exact or not, all nearly every milestone have been missed. 

Still not the same thing though.

Plus it was made clear of goals so that some people would calm themselves down a notch.

Saying " I hoped for this when i wanted but im sorry its not for when i hoped for " is not a bad thing.

most of the things that delayed them wasn't their fault  to begin with.

12 minutes ago, CatInTuxedo said:

Exactly "when they hoped to be done" so what even is the point of posting those roadmaps when anythyng will never be done when they want it to be. And even Matt said that he hoped to release the engine upgrade till the end of last year. Like yeah thats what I am saying I dont expect roadmaps to be 100% accurate, however when they hoped to release something till the end of last year and right now is mid may next year and it still aint in game. What am I supposed to think about them?

to be open and share information with the community.

something g1 never did.

so salty

@Ketog
you forgot about Shield fall through ground fix 🙂
server migration (from old place to new one)

@onionopinions
"they let the game be ddos'd for months straight"  -> they got that fixed + G1 has ddosed since 2011 or something ...
"they broke the gun balance and refuse to fix it or do anything to the game for that matter" -> you propably talking about JG ? its because the hitreg is terrible and this gun has an delayed shoots
"they released riot mode tests..." -> yea not good idea but looking at the engine they propably want to understand it more by addins something and testing it

i think not all ppl sees that: