Easych

Year with Little Orbit.

Today, exactly year, as Little Orbit announced the purchase of Gamersfirst. 

I suggest everyone to re-read the open letter, published on May 10, 2018. 
I do not want to say that LO is good or bad. I don't know. It is too early to draw conclusions.  
However:  Do you think Little Orbit has done a decent amount of work this year? Did you expect more progress this year? 

What do you like and dislike Little Orbit?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

regardless of what anyone else says about little orbit they have put work into apb

if we get another year of development at the same pace as the last i think the game will be in a pretty good place product-wise, although whether it will be enough to turn the population around is another matter

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

@MattScottIt would be nice to officially sum up this year. Was it all planned, or did something not go according to plan? How many people are working on APB?

b58b81a2961fb780b55df6b94120caea.png

"I’ll be working on an exact roadmap that we can publish soon, but over the coming months we would like to add a new mode, maps, clothes, guns, vehicles and a new matching system for competitive play."

12 months later: one new weapon from joker box.

Well, so far it seems like they went in way over their heads with the apb project

Edited by sneekface
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, sneekface said:

...they went in way over their heads with the apb project

This I believe will be the true legacy of APB. Sadly.

• Like 1

They removed anticheat-system, made the servers much worse and added one really strong weapon to the game, obviously only accesable by $$$ or JMB. 

Good work for only one year.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, sakafiskafnjak said:

They removed anticheat-system, made the servers much worse and added one really strong weapon to the game, obviously only accesable by $$$ or JMB. 

Good work for only one year.

Calling fairfight an anti-cheat system is a bit of a stretch with the little it actually did. BattlEye has not been perfect but it sure as hell is better. I don't know about your own experience, but for me the servers actually never changed at all. Feel the same. Not perfect, but good enough to play seriously on. Aside from that, the showstopper is not as good as you think, not even close to the meta.

Most other efforts by LO have been focused on quality of life stuff like the Trade system and of course the UE3.5 Engine Upgrade.

• Like 5

They haven't really done much at all. There is a lot of work being done in the background but the community hasn't seen much progress of it. 

What they have done: 

Trade System ( Only positive thing I can think off until I see a engine update)

Riot Mode ( A mode no one asked for ) 

Really bad balance update ( A lot of players left because of this ) they went ahead with the update going against the feedback received from the test servers.

Unbanned a lot of cheaters who continue to cheat. ( After Battleye, I kinda understand the unbanning process in regards to fairfight.)

Support system is even worse than when G1 owned the game takes them 3-5 months to answer tickets when 98% of gaming companies answer support tickets within 48 hours. ( another reason for decline in population)

Hired a community a manager who doesn't really contribute much to the community we get more community related updates from Matt Scott.

Favourtism of several community members feels like this would eventually lead to the old situation we had with G1.

So I can definitely see why there is a huge decline in population. I just hope they implement the engine update properly without messing up.

• Like 11

So far I've been enjoying everything Little Orbit has done.

Except the shotgun changes.

Not much has happened to APB the past year (but still a LOT more than what G1 did) but I assume most of their workpower goes into the engine upgrade at this time.

Though the engine upgrade really needs to happen asap. The playerbase is at an all-time low and keeps dropping. RIOT alone won't help much.

Edited by GhosT
typoö, restructured

Sum up since LO got APB :

We got a new jokerbox with a gun called showstopper in it , basically a secondary shotgun

There is a whole new gm team

New forums

New website

Armas rework (tho still a bad shop to my eyes)

Armas prices reduced by 50% and tweaked.

New Battleye anticheat.

All cheaters unbanned giving them a second chance.

Trading system

New support ticket system

New epidemic event

New SPCT team

Gun balances (that literally no one asked for, and was very badly executed)

the redhill ARG. (one of the coolest things that happened imo)

New mode called APB RIOT teased

Active ingame gm's.

Actual engine upgrade work, and a code revision to replace Reloaded Productions's junky code.

To my eyes, they did A LOT already, really a huge amount of work, while most of it isn't content for the game, it's a great baseline to start modernizing apb which is what it lacked for years and years.

And the best part about this is, We didn't get any false promises, with reloaded productions, we got many let downs, too much of them, meanwhile with LittleOrbit, all the things they announced, they delivered it.

Oh yeah communication, we all love this, while the communication is not perfect still, we got people from the devteam actually looking at the forums now, where all veteran players are, we know where there are issues, and they listen to us, in return we can also give them trust and see what they can do to improve.

I hope this year is the year where APB truely gets worked on, on issues that have been there for almost a decade now and discussed countless times without any real answer... driving lag, weapon balance, optimization, matchmaking, threat, servers, population, player movement, game mechanics and of course, content.

while apb terribly needs content, it also needs huge amounts of polish, that game truly feels old as soon as you touch it, and you KNOW that it's not a recent game when you get your hands on it.

Honestly, props to LO for doing what they do, i hope they don't let us down, and keep doing as good as they did for the things to come ! 👍

Edited by Ketog
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Even tho things didnt go as we all wish it would of, LO still putting work. been waiting for changes...for ages but LO is keeping my hopes up a bit so. this should be the year my dudes...this should be the year

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sneekface said:

"I’ll be working on an exact roadmap that we can publish soon, but over the coming months we would like to add a new mode, maps, clothes, guns, vehicles and a new matching system for competitive play."

12 months later: one new weapon from joker box.

Well, so far it seems like they went in way over their heads with the apb project

Um what? No that is way over simplified and leaves out huge amounts of what happened.

16 minutes ago, Ketog said:

We got a new jokerbox with a gun called showstopper in it , basically a secondary shotgun

There is a whole new gm team

New forums

New website

Armas rework (tho still a bad shop to my eyes)

New Battleye anticheat.

All cheaters unbanned giving them a second chance.

Trading system

New support ticket system

New epidemic event

New SPCT team

Gun balances (that literally no one asked for, and was very badly executed)

the redhill ARG. (one of the coolest things that happened imo)

New mode called APB RIOT teased

Active ingame gm's.

Actual engine upgrade work, and coderevision to replaces Reloaded Productions's junky code.

To my eyes, they did A LOT already, really a huge amount of work, while most of it isn't content for the game, it's a great baseline to start modernizing apb which is what it lacked for years and years.

And the best part about this is, We didn't get any false promises, with reloaded productions, we go many let downs, too much of them, meanwhile with LittleOrbit, all the things they announced, they delivered it.

Oh yeah communication, oh yeah, we all love this, while the communication is not perfect still, we got people from the devteam actually looking at the forums now, where all veteran players are, we know where there are issues, and they listen to us, in return we can also give them trust and see what they can do to improve.

I hope this year is the year where APB truely gets worked on, on issues that have been there for long and complained for almost a decade now ... driving lag, weapon balance, optimization, matchmaking, threat, servers, population, player movement and game mechanics and of course, content.

while apb terribly needs content, it also needs huge amounts of polish, that game truely feels old as soon as you touch it, and you KNOW that it's not a recent game when you get your hands on it.

Honestly, props to LO for doing what they do, i hope they don't let us down, and keep doing as good as they did for the things to come ! 👍

I can not think of any way to sum it up better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Ketog said:

Trading system

The only two things that really matter.

• Like 2

Trading, BattleEye, unbanning were nice. Still not enough to make the game actually fun. Whole gameplay have to be expanded to make the game popular (and not into PvP, but into PvE horde mode) - and single battle royale mode won't help (there are tons of BR games with ~0 population already) and LO won't be able to do anything else.

• Like 1

Dont forget 2fa, armas changes, some little events inclusive skins, epidemic event, contests, new forum, new server provider, the RIOT arg, etc. and that is only APB, LO has done stuff for Descent, Unsung and FE too....

Edited by SpeedyCat

Imo they commited themselves fully to finish the 3.5 and Riot. New content can be already in the pipeline but it's probably tied to new contacts and that won't come without 3.5.

Compared to what G1 has done since 2011 LO did monumental job. They could've as well just buy the game, flood armas with garbage and Techmech us with blogpost/sale festivals.

• Like 1

I came here expecting a LiTtLe OrBiT iSnT dOinG shiT. 

4 hours ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxX said:

Calling fairfight an anti-cheat system is a bit of a stretch with the little it actually did. BattlEye has not been perfect but it sure as hell is better. I don't know about your own experience, but for me the servers actually never changed at all. Feel the same. Not perfect, but good enough to play seriously on. Aside from that, the showstopper is not as good as you think, not even close to the meta.

Most other efforts by LO have been focused on quality of life stuff like the Trade system and of course the UE3.5 Engine Upgrade.

I'd rather have fairfight anticheat than no anti cheat at all. It banned regulary and, after LO came, they removed it and unbanned EVERY SINGLE ONE fairfight has banned. So many closets obviously came back (i guess it was a marketing move).

Server havent changed? Have you played (better yet: tried playing) the last week?

I didnt say showstopper is OP, but its really strong, and by far the best pistol if you use it like a shotgun on a corner.

I cant say anything about the engine upgrade because i havent seen anything so far. Just empty words. Same as gamersfirst.

Gotta give them props: The trade system is the only good thing theyve added so far.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sakafiskafnjak said:

I'd rather have fairfight anticheat than no anti cheat at all. It banned regulary and, after LO came, they removed it and unbanned EVERY SINGLE ONE fairfight has banned. So many closets obviously came back (i guess it was a marketing move).

Server havent changed? Have you played (better yet: tried playing) the last week?

I didnt say showstopper is OP, but its really strong, and by far the best pistol if you use it like a shotgun on a corner.

I cant say anything about the engine upgrade because i havent seen anything so far. Just empty words. Same as gamersfirst.

Gotta give them props: The trade system is the only good thing theyve added so far.

I haven't noticed any change in the servers lately either other than this recent downtime.  They've been explaining what exactly happened that caused it to go down over the past week.  They hit some huge snags when moving to a new data center.  Are you unaware of BattleEye being implemented?  Fairfight just didn't work and banned legits while blatants were getting to R100+.  There haven't been any speedhackers since then and the over all amount of cheaters has gone down drastically.  They stopped announcing bans because it only added to the toxicity.  The Showstopper is a pretty well balanced gun and don't forget that you can also lease it for JTs.

(About the engine upgrade):  They've let the SPCT, who are just regular players say some things about it so we do know for sure that it's being tested.  Matt said he doesn't want to release any screenshots yet because they aren't done tweaking the visuals and he wants any material released about it to be as representative of the final product as possible.

They have also reworked Armas by reducing the price of pretty much everything, even G1C itself.

They've done more over the past year than G1 has during their last four years of owning APB.

Edited by BrandonBranderson

they are pretty alright, i feel at ease that they are in the seat of power, instead of old g1.

I didn't expect something grand, so this was really up my alley. They are pretty nice folks too.

• Like 1

how can people be saying the showstopper is "op" when the fang exists? lol

LO is doing a good job though. This next year we'll definitely be seeing a lot more exciting things. Consider this the prep phase. 🙂

• Like 2

Just now, Goldtiger said:

how can people be saying the showstopper is "op" when the fang exists? lol

it’s not like having one op secondary means that there can’t be another

regardless neither the normal showstopper nor the showstopper ‘thunder’ are overpowered, i’m actually pretty surprised at how well balanced they are considering the other attempts orbit has made at similar balancing 

they broke the gun balance and refuse to fix it or do anything to the game for that matter

they let the game be ddos'd for months straight 

they let the servers keep the game unplayable for two weeks

a majority of the playerbase quit

they released riot mode tests, something that took development time I'd kill to see it put anywhere else

Only good thing I can say we got is BE, trading system, and communication.

overall I've been very disappointed in LO

• Like 4