MattScott

5/9/2019 Maintenance Update

6 hours ago, MattScott said:

We're still working on it.

hi, did the 4th attempt go south ?

Edited by zefcool

why not.......

just play on the shaky server for the next couple months WITH all the problems it has, while theyre switching everything over to Unity and be done with it?

no more down time for a week at a time, but you gotta deal with bad logins and lag etc

the more people complain about how the game runs now, the more down time trying to fix it, which means the less time they have to work on getting it moved to the newer stuff (Unity) , updates, maybe expansions

5 minutes ago, zefcool said:

he said he can fix it, let him try until he faces the wall.

I know, but I'd rather be waiting 5 minutes for my character to show up at the login screen, than 3 days waiting to login.

2 minutes ago, Grelko said:

I know, but I'd rather be waiting 5 minutes for my character to show up at the login screen, than 3 days waiting to login.

i'd rather not, i died from lag and i'm not willing to run all wasteland due to crappy database making game unstable

let him announce the epic fail or half success, then we will see the next steps

Next update should be pretty soon, it's been over 7 hours (almost 82 total)

Edited by Grelko

2 minutes ago, Grelko said:

Next update should be pretty soon, it's been over 7 hours (almost 82 total)

usually when it takes that long between updates, it means epic fail, but lets see what Matt has to say about the fixing attempts

sit and wait thats all we can do right now.

yea, like we are outside of the operating room at an hospital...will it survive, will the doctor say "nope, no way, it's dead, like really dead, we did all we could, but it didnt show any sign of will to survive, so its over"

30plu8.jpg

Edited by zefcool

yeah  lets wait when Matt gives update . 

i wish the rebuilt of the server and reload the current database 'attempt' in order to fix this is done in a way to minimize downtime.

in a way i do sympathise with the dev encounting unforseen problems and pulling all nighters trial and error trying to fix this in the least time consuming way, but now with server completely down for half the time in these past 2 weeks in addition to that roughly 2 weeks lost of progress prior to the move, this is a bad outlook for people who want to try this, spend some money on this during this much downtime, or sound positive while we all are mostly waiting silently for the server to be up and running, to be stable enough just like prior to the move.

it might have been better if any new attempts are done while behind the scene using the daily restart time to backup the current database to use as material for reloading attempts so that at best we lose like a day or so progress if they find a way to work around the issue, while keeping more up-to-date with backups in case of corrupt copies. most old mmos i have been with had weekly maintenance so it wouldnt be that bad if they stretch the restart time frame once or twice a week for a few hours longer to backup some database to work with for attempts like these that are critical to uptime.

i know it'll cost more drive space, more dev hours to do backups and trial attempts and verifications, but it might help lower the pressure on the dev to try to bring back the server up asap if the live server is at least in someway still up while they figure out a way to stablize.

• Like 1

too bad I am Europe.... I think can dump my plans for a FE weekend... ;-/ (just startet last weekend....) 😭

6 minutes ago, julian_foster said:

this is a bad outlook for people who want to try this, spend some money on this during this much downtime

Already did, that's why I'm waiting for it to go back online lol

still waiting  update ,dont wanna rush the guys but updates would be nice .

There probably isn't much they can update on at this point in time or else they would, right? Constant updates saying that they're working on it only let's us know what we already know.

they need all weekend to work, maybe tomorrow or monday they put the game online 

• Like 1

Hi all,

Finishing one last (short) task and then we'll be bringing servers back online to test internally.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Nice ,thank you Matt as always for updates. 

Now we wait to see if that spaghetti code sticks to the wall i guess.