MattScott

5/9/2019 Maintenance Update

1 hour ago, MattScott said:

We are going to have to unfortunately extend the maintenance window.

wasnt going to be easy to fix a broken dinosaur eh ? i expected that plot twist so im not mad

30l9td.jpg30la0h.jpg

Edited by zefcool

6 hours ago, CommanderDeacon said:

I want to thank you all for playing this game. I want to show that I am grateful for a full return soon. and your work is not un appreciated. most of us have a lot of passion to play. I feel like returning to fallen earth and you are all the reason I can still create my friends and roam the vast wasteland. 

I wanted to take a moment to say, even though I'm not affiliated with LO directly, that I am greatful as a player, that everyone in this community for the most part is supportive of making this game run smoother, and feel better, and is optimistic for all the improvements. The hardest thing for a developer or engineer is a deadline set by rude and unruly "customers", and all of you have been so positive thinking and forward thinking with this. I commend you all, and let's all hope to see the best!

• Like 3

As Homer Simpson once said, "Now we play the waiting game....The waiting game sucks! Let's play Hungry Hungry Hippos!"

1 hour ago, ChellyBean said:

Hey all, Im from the APB community, but I just wanna say that I appreciate Matt's transparency about everything 

We've had similar issues on our game, and LO has been equally transparent about it.

Its just nice to know what's going on 

I appreciate you coming over from APB to say that, as I'm sure you've seen my posts as to what others over on your side have been saying, rather good or bad. We're all so passionate about progress here, and to see an "outsider" (so to speak) come over to reassure us that we're not all just crazy is a nice sight.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TotallyNotKodaro said:

I wanted to take a moment to say, even though I'm not affiliated with LO directly, that I am greatful as a player, that everyone in this community for the most part is supportive of making this game run smoother, and feel better, and is optimistic for all the improvements. The hardest thing for a developer or engineer is a deadline set by rude and unruly "customers", and all of you have been so positive thinking and forward thinking with this. I commend you all, and let's all hope to see the best!

Yep, a "gaming' company running out of drive space totally restores my faith in them.  I am fully chastised. What deadlines have any customer 'set'? All I see is missed deadlines set by the developer and engineer themselves.

If they rollback again i will flip out. All what i done, all what i collect and gain will disappear.

I can wait as much as i need, but Matt, i beg you, PLEASE don't rollback anymore. Just don't do this. You don't even need to give us commandeer status for 2 weeks, just don't rollback anymore.

🤪

Edited by DantesHell

have some passion guys we can wait! let the working team for couple hours too dont push too hard

Hi all,

We're nearly done with the partial restore to get back to a position to repair things.
The backup was done right after we took the servers offline, so there should be no rollback.

Restore should be done around 1am, and then I'll have a better estimate for the repair time.

Unfortunately we wont be back online at 1am like I had hoped.

Sorry,

Matt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Whew! Thank you for the update at this hour. I haven't logged in for a few weeks and was scared something bad had happened since it's late on a Thursday night/early Friday morning. You guys are working late. Thank you.

Edited by Psibernaut

I just got up a couple minutes ago. How's everything going with you guys?

Guess I'm going to hang out around here or over on the Discord site a bit, while playing some crappy games until this awesome game comes back online.

A few miles from my house up on the hillside is a big strip of coal. Part of me wants to go over and take a hammer to it. (serious)

I take stuff to the recycling yard down the road sometimes, so I really do drive around looking for "scrap steel, copper, aluminum, etc" once in a while lol

Matt, don't forget that you can use a program like HXD and look at everything in Hex form. You should be able to check everything oldschool "row by row" if you needed. I used that a couple times while helping some people bug fix their games over the years. Good luck.

Hi all,

This is my last update for the evening. I'm managing the hand off between engineers and then going to call it a night.

We got entirely through the restore and most of the repair and then the database errored.

It cost us hours of work. Instead of proceeding on a shaky server, I'm having the team tear it down and rebuild it, so we know its stable.

Unfortunately there is a lot more work to do. I don't have a good ETA, but likely 12 more hours.

I'll update everyone where we are at in the morning.

Sorry,
Matt

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

3 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

This is my last update for the evening. I'm managing the hand off between engineers and then going to call it a night.

We got entirely through the restore and most of the repair and then the database errored.

It cost us hours of work. Instead of proceeding on a shaky server, I'm having the team tear it down and rebuild it, so we know its stable.

Unfortunately there is a lot more work to do. I don't have a good ETA, but likely 12 more hours.

Sorry,
Matt

matt get some sleep man its 3am in california

Thanks for the update. Too bad it wasn't better news, but hopefully everything goes smoothly for you guys this time around.

Can I get an offline version to play while you guys are working on the main game? 🙂

Edited by Grelko

11 hours ago, TotallyNotKodaro said:

this game just really needed new tech im gonna say that I would never be unruly or unfaithful. I understand I can be rude and ignorant. it is my own complete stupidity by my own design. a lot of times I just have to be quiet and just smile and like w/e. u guys do the work as I just consume, like a growing bacteria I will consume. 

3 hours ago, MattScott said:

Instead of proceeding on a shaky server, I'm having the team tear it down and rebuild it, so we know its stable.

you mean a new server (with 2019 hardware) with a copy of the old database of the crappy server, or is it the same shity server with maxed "dirty tricks" skill used by engineers to make it stable somehow ?

Edited by zefcool

26 minutes ago, zefcool said:

you mean a new server (with 2019 hardware) with a copy of the old database of the crappy server, or is it the same shity server with maxed "dirty tricks" skill used by engineers to make it stable somehow ?

lol its all the same

20 minutes ago, CommanderDeacon said:

lol its all the same

nah, matt said he couldnt upgrade hardware 'cause OS of crappy server isnt on the market anymore and the software to run the game is crappy as well etc

he said his team neads to rewrite fully the software before upgrading the hardware to 2019 standards, but he didnt say how long it would take thou

thats why im confused about his speech now

3 minutes ago, zefcool said:

nah, matt said he couldnt upgrade hardware 'cause OS of crappy server isnt on the market anymore and the software to run the game is crappy as well etc

he said his team neads to rewrite fully the software before upgrading the hardware to 2019 standards, but he didnt say how long it would take thou

so that is just how badly the game has been optimized. with any luck from matt and his team they can fix it. believe in them,

4 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Sorry,
Matt

Thanks to you and all your team working so very hard on the problems that have been found. Thanks for not just putting a 'bandaid' on it and go above and beyond to get the best fix possible. Many thanks from The Kitty ^.^

15 minutes ago, zefcool said:

6 months from now