Haven't seen a sugestion about this one yet, so I thought about making it myself.

How about an M134 Minigun in APB?

With the right ammount of tweaking it could very much be a ballanced weapon:

Damage: Medium-Low damage, not too different from a SHAW
Rate of Fire: Perhaps slightly higher than the Agrotech ACES (SMG version)

Movement Speed: Slow. Like very slow. Like can't sprint or jump with it. Much like the OSMAW
Ammo: Maybe 300-400 bullets per clip

Maybe also some additional features:

Wind-up/spin-up time before firing, or having the barrels rotate when the player is aiming the weapon
No reloading, after the 300-400 bullets have all been used, need to resupply

Slow resupply time, since it's a clip, you can't just grab magazines out of the box, maybe 20 bullets/second or so

Similar to Ram-Man animations, maybe with the player's back arched backwards, it -does- weigh 40Kg

Could even include different versions of it, with mods:

3 Barrels (Red): 50% faster spin-up time / 40% slower fire-rate
Single barrel (Red): 100% faster spin-up time / 80% slower fire-rate / 25% increased damage

Ammo Mag (blue): 200 backup ammo / 100(+/-) ammo per magazine

AP Rounds (Purple): 50% slower fire rate / 100% higher damage to vehicles

I think it would be a very cool weapon to use. Maybe for ambush situations or when you're escaping with the objective /on a vehicle (Face it, we've all done it at some point).

Joker box or armas, I think people would be interested still

Plus we already had one in the old convept video!

Nevermind you how long it took me to find.

Edited by hackerung
  • Like 6

maybe no variants ?
* 300 ammo only and u need to refill. Refilling 100 per second or 1.5 second
* fire rate of shaw (or similar)
* calculate 0.7 ttk or higher (propably 10+ bullets to kill)
* recoil like euryale ? or abit higher (vertical)

anyway good idea ;)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, hackerung said:

Haven't seen a sugestion about this one yet, so I thought about making it myself.

How about an M134 Minigun in APB?

actually it was suggested but it may be  only on the old forums.

people said this could be used for a 3rd contact faction for enf/crim one of the times it was suggested.

meh,

it would cost you 400.000 APB dollars to fire it for 12 seconds.

17 hours ago, TheSxW said:

maybe no variants ?
* 300 ammo only and u need to refill. Refilling 100 per second or 1.5 second
* fire rate of shaw (or similar)
* calculate 0.7 ttk or higher (propably 10+ bullets to kill)
* recoil like euryale ? or abit higher (vertical)

The reason I said variants with mods would be if they wanted to add it to joker boxes + armas, the different versions of it, much like we have 4 or 5 different Norsemen guns, or the 3/4 different types of Raptor, all with different pre-built-in mods.

Plus it would make the weapons good in different scenarios.

The ammo idea is better than mine, but maybe a few more bullets to kill, because the gun fires ridiculously fast, quite faster than the shaw, but the caliber is lower, plus for balance reasons.

And yeah, recoil would be crazy too 🙂

I would give it an easy to control recoil but add a overheat feature to the weapon, so if you shoot for too long, it needs to cool down until you can shoot again.

On 5/9/2019 at 2:58 AM, hackerung said:

Plus we already had one in the old convept video!

A Mini/Gattling gun would of been a enforcer only heavy weapon back when RTW was planning for guns to be exclusive for factions.

The Criminal heavy weapon would of been a flame thrower but both concepts were shelved longer than Racing Distrist.

One would of thought someone who has been with APB for so long would known this.

6758525.jpg

apb-concept-flamethrower-by-jade-law-d3g

...As unimpressed as I am to see another suggestion of something shelved.

As much as I want to do the old joke of also adding the suggest of helicopters and motorcycles to the mix, I will concede that suggested stats, variants and features of M134 is something fairly new brought to the table and breaths fresh air on a something which has been said on the old forum too many times.

23 hours ago, TrinityFSB said:

Clip??  You mean belt? 

That's what a clip is. Ammunition clipped together to form a belt.

As opposed to a magazine.

On 5/16/2019 at 11:42 PM, hackerung said:

That's what a clip is. Ammunition clipped together to form a belt.

As opposed to a magazine.

That's not how a "clip" works.  That's how a belt works.  

The term clip comes from the use of stripper clips, which were used as a method of loading firearms from the 1880's all the way till the early Cold War/ end of WWII. 

Edited by TrinityFSB

I am actually for it. If we have a frekin rocket launcher and nade lancher already, why the hell not to have a minigun, and flamethrower? If its balanced and made just as situational as osmaw is, it could be a cool additional to the game, while it will be rarely used. The only problem I may think of are lags that flamethrower effects, and rain of bullets may cause. Id even love to see a molotov cocktail, and smoke nades... both may be used in tactical situations, offensively and defensively.

Anyway, Id like to see much more added features

What if flamethrower, and minigun had no ammo belt / fuel tank in store, so the only way to reload would be thro ammo boxes/modes/machines?

Edited by AxeTurboAgresor

On 5/21/2019 at 5:32 PM, AxeTurboAgresor said:

What if flamethrower, and minigun had no ammo belt / fuel tank in store, so the only way to reload would be thro ammo boxes/modes/machines?

Not a bad idea for balance actually.  Maybe each could start with like 300 rounds/fuel per belt/canister.  Trying to imagine how a flamethrower would work here.  Would it just catch the environment on fire, like walls and the ground, and then just eventually burn out after a few seconds?  Or do we want the players themselves to catch on fire if they take the spray directly too?  It's kinda hard to imagine in APB, probably just because of knowing how the game works and has worked for the last 9 years, but with everything that would be possible on the new engine I could see it working so balance really seems to be the only issue with it.  Maybe because of the flamethrower's limited range and dealing damage over time exclusively the movement speed could be slightly faster than the OSMAW or Minigun.

11 hours ago, BrandonBranderson said:

Maybe each could start with like 300 rounds/fuel per belt/canister.

On 5/21/2019 at 10:32 PM, AxeTurboAgresor said:

That was actually one of the features listed above 😄 The lack of a reloading mechanic would severely limit the weapon and force a player to spend ammo wisely. It may be a bullet hose but you can't just spray it willy nilly.

I did also sugest a modification that reduced the clip size by/to 100, but added some backup ammo.

There's so many possibilities with this.

Also, the flamethrower could have similar mechancis to it but severely limited range. Maybe slightly faster walking speed or sprint speed to make up for it.

I don't know, both sound amazing!

On 5/10/2019 at 3:36 PM, ZoriaDunne said:

I would give it an easy to control recoil but add a overheat feature to the weapon, so if you shoot for too long, it needs to cool down until you can shoot again.

mini guns in real life have a major kick when starting up them smooth out over  time so I would suggest that if possible.

have it own positive and negative to balance it.