Sign in to follow this  
Noob_Guardian

Bullet Trajectory Changes?

Anyone else notice when they fire at someone who is trying to enter a vehicle, their bullets suddenly start hitting the vehicle beside the enemy rather then the enemy where you are aiming at?

As an example, I was using RFP earlier and had a good shot, semi broadside of the vehicle facing the rear maybe at like 30 degrees from parallel with the back at a range, but when i fired at the person who was stealing the vehicle, my bullets were hitting the back bumper ~1-2m from where i was aiming, which was the enemy doing the steal animation at the driver side door. (RFP has near to no horizontal recoil)

It's not the first time i've had this happen, i've noticed it with rifles and snipers.

So... has anyone else noticed this?

I was shooting someone getting in and not hitting the car , however I suspect the hitboxes and angle I was at would make mine different than yours.

I was off to the side of the car moving around so if I am right the door hitbox blocked your aim.

It could also be lag causing trouble of course.

The hitboxes are already mentioned to be worked on in the future but no accurate ETA can be given with how  G1 really messed this place up worse than we knew. i.e. hidden landmines recently.

Little Orbit mentioned the hitboxes in one of their previous posts somewhere.

Edited by Fortune Runner
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:

I was shooting someone getting in and not hitting the car , however I suspect the hitboxes and angle I was at would make mine different than yours.

I was off to the side of the car moving around so if I am right the door hitbox blocked your aim.

It could also be lag causing trouble of course.

The hitboxes are already mentioned to be worked on in the future but no accurate ETA can be given with how  G1 really messed this place up worse than we knew. i.e. hidden landmines recently. 

Little Orbit mentioned the hitboxes in one of their previous posts somewhere.

there's a door hitbox?

But no, I was on the rear side facing the front so if there is a door hitbox, it wouldn't of messed with my aim. I was in the open like 20-35m from the enemy at a nice angle with the RFP. The bullets clearly were hitting the bumper despite my reticule being on the person, and the bumper being 1-2m beside where i was aiming (due to the angle). I was getting red hit markers from two bursts, the third had bullets on the bumper rather than where I was aiming, and forth landed where I was aiming on the enemy, but he had the entry animation and thus he was "invincible" and part of the vehicle by then so I was then getting white markers.

I doubt it was lag because lag doesn't make your shots hit outside of reticule like that. I think it's more of a glitch since i've encountered it fairly often when firing at people who are entering vehicles, but I normally ignore it or thought i was missing. But the RFP doesnt have that kind of horizontal recoil and I know snipers dont either.

It reminded me of how grenades and even bullets will "bend" (go off route without touching anything) sometimes if you're firing "next" to a vehicle. Despite not having a vehicle near me for it to happen. It's not the first time i've noticed shots going and hitting out of reticule. Didn't know about the hitbox thing, maybe they'll fix firing over cover without having the high ground.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

56 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

there's a door hitbox?

when the door opens and you shoot from the front that hitbox automatically blocks

from the side if not positioned correctly that hitbox ix sill big and bulky so it  blocks.

that is also why i mentioned lag and how your positioning may not be the server positioning.

as for what happened to you I do not know for certain. I am only talking about what I know.

im just trying to help figure it out.

18 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

when the door opens and you shoot from the front that hitbox automatically blocks

from the side if not positioned correctly that hitbox ix sill big and bulky so it  blocks.

that is also why i mentioned lag and how your positioning may not be the server positioning.

as for what happened to you I do not know for certain. I am only talking about what I know.

im just trying to help figure it out.

i had been sitting still for a few moments so i doubt lag. My only explanation is that when someone is entering vehicle, the bullets which should be going in the reticule on the enemy (as red normally means hit) kinda glitched due to the hitboxes combining with the vehicle and the character while the animation was going and showed i hit the bumper "towards" where the driver would be. It doesn't always happen, but ive experienced it enough that it makes me question it lol...

On 5/9/2019 at 3:57 PM, Noob_Guardian said:

i had been sitting still for a few moments so i doubt lag. My only explanation is that when someone is entering vehicle, the bullets which should be going in the reticule on the enemy (as red normally means hit) kinda glitched due to the hitboxes combining with the vehicle and the character while the animation was going and showed i hit the bumper "towards" where the driver would be. It doesn't always happen, but ive experienced it enough that it makes me question it lol...

Just to repeat : I dont know if you had lag or not and I am only saying what has happened to me.

Not sure what happened to you.

I did some shooting testing during missions and outside missions and did not encounter this unless lag made me move even 5 seconds later.

No idea if this happened to you or a ghost inside APB fondled your gun and bullets to make them move. (we used to say that on Colby for some reason)

Whatever happened I hope its not happening to you now.

Let us know on the thread after a few days of testing this.

I'll still be testing too.

I bookmarked so I can find it again.

On 5/9/2019 at 6:07 AM, Fortune Runner said:

Pretty sure car doors don't have hitboxes, just like the wheels don't.

A player character becomes part of the vehicle hitbox the moment he starts entering it. So if there is no civilian to be pulled out you can't hit the player once they start entering the vehicle.

• Like 1

^

What they said, once someone enters the vehicle, their hitbox becomes the car’s.

Its a small window of time depending if theirs a civilian or not in the car.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Revoluzzer said:

Pretty sure car doors don't have hitboxes, just like the wheels don't.

A player character becomes part of the vehicle hitbox the moment he starts entering it. So if there is no civilian to be pulled out you can't hit the player once they start entering the vehicle.

9 hours ago, TacticallyRed said:

^

What they said, once someone enters the vehicle, their hitbox becomes the car’s.

Its a small window of time depending if theirs a civilian or not in the car.

if you guys go by semantics you will never understand that you just showed what im talking about.

the car gets hit.

7 hours ago, Yood said:

yR2N8O8855.jpg or x6r8BzlHoJ.jpg

That's so true.
"Enemy is inside my crosshair, I shouldn't be able to miss. *Misses*

On 5/14/2019 at 8:18 AM, Yood said:

x6r8BzlHoJ.jpg

Just on the subject of shotguns, when they're implemented such that they mirror real shotgun performance, they basically edge out every other weapon out to 50m.

Police and military commonly use 12ga. 00 buck shotshells; 00 buck (on unarmored targets) is lethal out to 50 yards. Remember also that a single 00 buck pellet is ballistically similar to 9mm Parabellum, so being shot with a single 12ga. 00 buck would be similar to being shot a bunch of times with a 9mm Glock.

Shell spread IRL is determined by choke and shotshell construction; for the most part, only choke really determines shell spread, as basically only one shell is designed to keep the shot relatively grouped (Federal Flight Control). With an open choke and regular shells, average spread is 40 inches at 25 yards.

InloDpl.jpg

Federal Flight Control gives a 6 inch group at 20 yards with an open choke.

Imagine if shotguns acted like this in APB. Would you really want to use SMGs at all?

Sorry for slight off topic.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2019 at 2:18 PM, Yood said:

yR2N8O8855.jpg

The crosshairs in APB show your accuracy at a 10m distance. Beyond that point you can hit something outside of them.

That's what can be seen on the left hand example for APB:R.

Also I believe they define a circle that intersects them at the center or even outside, not on the inside as one would naturally assume? Not entirely certain about this one.

That's what would be shown on the right hand example for APB:R.

2 hours ago, Revoluzzer said:

The crosshairs in APB show your accuracy at a 10m distance. Beyond that point you can hit something outside of them.

That's what can be seen on the left hand example for APB:R.

Also I believe they define a circle that intersects them at the center or even outside, not on the inside as one would naturally assume? Not entirely certain about this one.

That's what would be shown on the right hand example for APB:R.

specified by you very personally , any shift from the ideal settings give a huge error .

Sign in to follow this