ColeTrane

New to the Game

Just a question but i have been playing for a week and a half and there has been 2 major maintenance updates lasting hours and hours... is this how it has been? just wondering if i am gonna be not playing more than playing this game. and i notice the updates are when working people are home.. this is a fun game just like playing when i am off work thanks..

same thing this maintenance happens only when i come back home from work open my pc then straight to fallen earth and guess what is down for maintenance 

i repeat this everyday if the devs make a maintenance once per month its logic but dropping the server over and over thats not acceptable 

please devs leave the game in peace stop ruining our tiny space of joy and happiness please let me reveal my stress out 

• Like 1

this is not normal .

this is problems from moving to new servers and old software.

there are posts from Matt (CEO of LO) detailing the issues

i realize they are trying to change a bunch of things which making this game " better " i think its great and alot of this game is already awesome... i have a feeling they will ruin this game making it First Person only then this game will have the same demise as star wars galaxies... when they made it first person it ruined it and they killed the game for good.

1 hour ago, ColeTrane said:

i realize they are trying to change a bunch of things which making this game " better " i think its great and alot of this game is already awesome... i have a feeling they will ruin this game making it First Person only then this game will have the same demise as star wars galaxies... when they made it first person it ruined it and they killed the game for good.

There is no intention to change the core mechanics to the game. Specifically we are not turning Fallen Earth into a first person game.

Most of this effort is just to upgrade the tech so it is more supportable.

To those of you that are concerned about which specific changes are to be made in Fallen Earth: All that I could reasonably foresee is upgrades to the equipment, IE servers or engine, that make this game compatible and able to operate better under modern stresses and networks. The reason for these extended maintenances is to repair and correct issues that sprung up from previous developers prior to Little Orbit, and certain neglect and carelessness before L.O. that lead to the issues at hand. I could only speculate that as far as content goes, the game will only see an increase in events and thankfully more GM presence to engage and gather more from the community, and naturally as we all know, it'll be a wonderful idea to re-open marketing to boost the population once the base issues are solved and the game is running as smoothly as it did in it's prime. I, among many, am looking forward to these changes, minor upgrades, and performance corrections! Long live Fallen Earth, and thank you Little Orbit!

- Figment

Edited by TotallyNotKodaro
To correct some minor wording

10 hours ago, ColeTrane said:

Just a question but i have been playing for a week and a half and there has been 2 major maintenance updates lasting hours and hours... is this how it has been? just wondering if i am gonna be not playing more than playing this game. and i notice the updates are when working people are home.. this is a fun game just like playing when i am off work thanks..

Oh, you are definitely going to be doing less play than playing,

6 minutes ago, Boundsoul said:

Oh, you are definitely going to be doing less play than playing,

You do understand that the outlook your expressing is one of the huge reasons people walk away before they even start. It's sad to say that too many people believe too heavily in the opinions of others without establishing one of their own, and therefor the population doesn't get a proper chance to grow. The behavior of slandering something, knowing full that the new team behind it are working faster and harder than G1 ever could at the end, is toxic.

• Like 2

Just now, TotallyNotKodaro said:

You do understand that the outlook your expressing is one of the huge reasons people walk away before they even start. It's sad to say that too many people believe too heavily in the opinions of others without establishing one of their own, and therefor the population doesn't get a proper chance to grow. The behavior of slandering something, knowing full that the new team behind it are working faster and harder than G1 ever could at the end, is toxic.

Ya well at this point I don't care. Maybe if they could keep the game online more than offline, they wouldn't be called into question. Or maybe if they actually took 5 minutes and responded to some tickets. 

Also, it is not slander if it is true. I have 'tried' to come back for 2 weeks, have I been able to play most of those 2 weeks? Nope been offline.

2 minutes ago, Boundsoul said:

Ya well at this point I don't care. Maybe if they could keep the game online more than offline, they wouldn't be called into question. Or maybe if they actually took 5 minutes and responded to some tickets. 

Also, it is not slander if it is true. I have 'tried' to come back for 2 weeks, have I been able to play most of those 2 weeks? Nope been offline.

Yeah, well I guess you're just a tough customer. I know I respect the difficulties they're having because they took the time and dedication to move to a new hosting facility, then proceeded to upgrade all the servers, and then they had to tirelessly fight through the fact that one of the pieces of critical equipment that tied it all together was faulty when it shouldn't have been, and to no fault of their own, they had to replace it and correct it, and during all of this, some data (due to it all being ungodly ancient) was mixed up and has to be corrected. The premium is icing on the cake, but you getting a response to that ticket and keeping your guns on it politely is the way you get all those items reconciled. Simple as that.

1 minute ago, TotallyNotKodaro said:

Yeah, well I guess you're just a tough customer. I know I respect the difficulties they're having because they took the time and dedication to move to a new hosting facility, then proceeded to upgrade all the servers, and then they had to tirelessly fight through the fact that one of the pieces of critical equipment that tied it all together was faulty when it shouldn't have been, and to no fault of their own, they had to replace it and correct it, and during all of this, some data (due to it all being ungodly ancient) was mixed up and has to be corrected. The premium is icing on the cake, but you getting a response to that ticket and keeping your guns on it politely is the way you get all those items reconciled. Simple as that.

Not really a touch customer just an irritated one, I started out nice about all this. Even joked around, but I have simply lost my patience over this constant downtime and ignoring of support tickets.

Or, now stay with me I chargeback for fraud using the screenshots of me saying something every day on the ticket with no responses as my evidence.

3 minutes ago, Boundsoul said:

Not really a touch customer just an irritated one, I started out nice about all this. Even joked around, but I have simply lost my patience over this constant downtime and ignoring of support tickets.

Or, now stay with me I chargeback for fraud using the screenshots of me saying something every day on the ticket with no responses as my evidence.

Give it another 72 hours, and then do what you must, is what I say. I understand.

7 minutes ago, Boundsoul said:

Also! Make sure you do this daily follow up in a separate ticket, because if you send constant replies to the same email, believe it or not it just scatters everything and makes it even harder for them to see.

6 minutes ago, TotallyNotKodaro said:

Also! Make sure you do this daily follow up in a separate ticket, because if you send constant replies to the same email, believe it or not it just scatters everything and makes it even harder for them to see.

So you are saying I should spam them with tickets? How is that gonna solve the problem when they have to waste time going through all the spam tickets?

11 minutes ago, Boundsoul said:

So you are saying I should spam them with tickets? How is that gonna solve the problem when they have to waste time going through all the spam tickets?

Once they see the one ticket that was lost before, they see all of the tickets associated with your email address, and combine them quickly into one ticket.

3 minutes ago, WestSidez said:

Welcome to the game @ColeTrane 😄 any questions or so, feel free to ask around, plenty of people that can give you advice or even help you out.

@ColeTrane I second that. I'm often in game idle crafting and helping folks, so just shoot something out into the universe and I'll throw something useful back (hopefully)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Boundsoul said:

wow a whole 2 weeks during a server swap on a almost 10 year outdated game with a operating system no longer available. in the last year LO has worked hard to fix at least 5 years of Gamers First ignoring everything except Banning damn near everyone that complained. If G1 still owned the game when the server contract came due they would have walked away instead of dealing with these problems

Merged.

5 hours ago, WestSidez said:

Welcome to the game @ColeTrane 😄 any questions or so, feel free to ask around, plenty of people that can give you advice or even help you out.

i'm often online myself with lots of alts that can craft  so pm me if you have any game questions.

3 hours ago, Rubbermade said:

wow a whole 2 weeks during a server swap on a almost 10 year outdated game with a operating system no longer available. in the last year LO has worked hard to fix at least 5 years of Gamers First ignoring everything except Banning damn near everyone that complained. If G1 still owned the game when the server contract came due they would have walked away instead of dealing with these problems

Blah, Blah, Blah. LO is the savior, I get it. No, I don't just tired of hearing about it. 

How am I supposed to be grateful to a company that has dropped the ball multiple times in 2 weeks? They KNEW the contract was up, THEY chose to wait until the last minute to do THEIR JOB of moving the servers. A job I pay them for. They failed to estimate even remotely close to the time for the job (Any contractor would be beaming with pride). Not many jobs you can tell a customer you will be right back, then show up a week later. There were just multiple failures all around.

So no don't really care about the problems they bought from G1. Guess they should have inspected the product better before purchase.

guess they should just say screw it and walk away and let everyone wonder . sounds like thats what you would do. if lo didn't buy the problems the game would be shut down long ago so you wouldnt even have had 2 weeks

25 minutes ago, Boundsoul said:

Blah, Blah, Blah. LO is the savior, I get it. No, I don't just tired of hearing about it. 

How am I supposed to be grateful to a company that has dropped the ball multiple times in 2 weeks? They KNEW the contract was up, THEY chose to wait until the last minute to do THEIR JOB of moving the servers. A job I pay them for. They failed to estimate even remotely close to the time for the job (Any contractor would be beaming with pride). Not many jobs you can tell a customer you will be right back, then show up a week later. There were just multiple failures all around.

So no don't really care about the problems they bought from G1. Guess they should have inspected the product better before purchase.

As far as i know, they are doing all this not because to irritate you or anyone else and make people upset.

They do it because, as the previous post perfectly said: G1 didn't do #### in regards to the game. They never tried to stabilize the servers, let alone move them to a new one, because they couldn't.

LO can, it's happening right now. LO's fixing technical issues that G1 were too afraid of. Issues G1 wouldn't have guessed would appear in a thousand years, mostly because they didn't have competent staff & resources to do so. Nothing could've been done beforehand so your entire post complaining about LO not doing everything before it's even happened is straightup ridiculous. 

Edit: I'm not even playing the game because of all this ongoing maintenance and stabilization of the server fiasco, no white-knight here just saying how it is lol.

Only time i logged on in a year or so was 2 days ago to do some PvP.

Edited by FoxFox

I remember playing this game years ago and I had a lot of problems with lag and disconnecting. I didn't know who the company was at the time, I just liked playing the game.

I got back into playing it about 2 weeks ago ( a few days before the extended maintenance) and even with all the maintenance that's been going on, all I can say is one thing.

Atleast The new company (Little Orbit) Is slowly fixing any problems that are in the game from back then and updating it so that the people who want to play it, CAN still play it.

So I say thank you very much to everyone on the team, that is working to make this game better than it was before and also the people that play the game.

Edited by Grelko

to all that took this thread and decided to think i was bitching i was just making an observation as a 2 week old player. i am sorry that most of you can't read somebody's post with out getting butt hurt or feeling the need to pop in when you could have kept scrolling. I did read a lot on what they are doing or trying to do and i hope it works because i like the game. i did not know at the time of this post that i came in during a server swap so EAD and happy trolling.

49 minutes ago, FoxFox said:

As far as i know, they are doing all this not because to irritate you or anyone else and make people upset.

They do it because, as the previous post perfectly said: G1 didn't do #### in regards to the game. They never tried to stabilize the servers, let alone move them to a new one, because they couldn't.

LO can, it's happening right now. LO's fixing technical issues that G1 were too afraid of. Issues G1 wouldn't have guessed would appear in a thousand years, mostly because they didn't have competent staff & resources to do so. Nothing could've been done beforehand so your entire post complaining about LO not doing everything before it's even happened is straightup ridiculous. 

Edit: I'm not even playing the game because of all this ongoing maintenance and stabilization of the server fiasco, no white-knight here just saying how it is lol.

Only time i logged on in a year or so was 2 days ago to do some PvP.

As ridiculous hanging out on a forum for a game you don't play?

Why couldn't they have prepared? They have owned the game for how long now? They have had how long to start working on moving servers? Over a year? Ya, you are right that's not enough time to at least write the move on a post-it note so you don't forget and wake up and be like damn I knew I forgot something, quick tell them 12 hours.

Welcome to the game, ColeTrane. There's always going to be trolls, but there's always people who are more nice as well. If you need someone to play with, I'm Jake Meadows in game. I'll see you when the servers are back online. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WreckageExplorer said:

Welcome to the game, ColeTrane. There's always going to be trolls, but there's always people who are more nice as well. If you need someone to play with, I'm Jake Meadows in game. I'll see you when the servers are back online. 

Yep, I am a troll for being mad that the game I pay for is down again in less than 2 weeks for more than 24 hours. 

Doesn't matter that I was okay with the first downtime, even the rollback. (All that matters now is people know I am irritated so I must be a troll) Then again a few days later as well as missing items and ignored support tickets, but yep I am a troll, trolls gonna troll.