Senpai

As the days goes on I really see how broken the threat system is.

Lmao. You do know if they ever went into a real action district, they lose the T symbol. Case dismissed 

trainee rank can be kept by mugging or by only doing missions in open conflict iirc

This is what makes you think that threat is broken? THIS? Have you never played the game or something cause this is nothing.

He's not a problem, he's basically never played in a district where threat is used. If he started doing so, he'd get (somewhat) representative threat within a few missions. Green R255s are more of a problem. If they wanted to play normally again, I wonder how many matches they'd play with the threat system rating them as cabbages before they'd be assessed as being about their actual skill level. Well in so far as threat can represent that.

Really think that part of any threat/mm solution should include hiding of threat and enforced district auto-join (assuming they can get it to not drop people in empty districts). Think that would ameliorate some of these issues.

Edited by MrChan
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, MrChan said:

He's not a problem, he's basically never played in a district where threat is used. If he started doing so, he'd get (somewhat) representative threat within a few missions. Green R255s are more of a problem. If they wanted to play normally again, I wonder how many matches they'd play with the threat system rating them as cabbages before they'd be assessed as being about their actual skill level. Well in so far as threat can represent that.

Really think that part of any threat/mm solution should include hiding of threat and enforced district auto-join (assuming they can get it to not drop people in empty districts). Think that would ameliorate some of these issues.

Cross district matchmaking! (I suggest as if it's an easy thing)

Trainees can also have threat iirc. So if he has any other toons on that account, his T gets the same threat. And you can also be the only character on the account and be a T with threat.

14 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

This is what makes you think that threat is broken? THIS? Have you never played the game or something cause this is nothing.

It wasn't just this that made me think it's broken this kinda caught me off guard not knowing that you can keep trainee rank doing what BXNNXD said. What i thought was the case is he just kept either purposefully loosing or DTing down to trainee when i thought the furthest down you could go would be green threat like meowsepad.

I view being a rank 255 T as a mark of how dedicated someone can be to a goal. In general it is good to know a good amount about a subject instead of jumping to false conclusions.

Also name and shame is not allowed.

11 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Trainees can also have threat iirc. So if he has any other toons on that account, his T gets the same threat. And you can also be the only character on the account and be a T with threat.

Once you have threat on any character on your account, aren't all your characters assigned a visible threat level rather than a T? If you create a new character it'll go straight to your threat level anyway.

Edited by MrChan

2 minutes ago, MrChan said:

Once you have threat aren't all your characters assigned a visible threat level rather than a T? If you create a new character it'll go straight to your threat level anyway.

I was once playing on an alt account with a bronze friend, got kicked from district, when I tried to rejoin again, still as a T, was told my threat was too high for that district

beyond that I dunno though

and iirc dont new characters on same account still start as T? its been a while so Im not sure

Edited by CookiePuss

New characters do start as T but will gain your mains threat as soon as they shake off the T

4 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

New characters do start as T but will gain your mains threat as soon as they shake off the T

I checked that just now and my new character was insta-Gold.

Now I did decline the game's offer to send me to a district for the tutorial. Maybe it sets you at T if you do that.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MrChan said:

Now I did decline the game's offer to send me to a district for the tutorial. Maybe it sets you at T if you do that.

Cool thanks for checking that out!

17 minutes ago, MrChan said:

I don't think it sets you as a T, it merely tries to get you started in a district right away. Don't recall ever seeing T after I've gained threat with my main character.

24 minutes ago, MrChan said:

Threat is account bound at all times. No matter what district you join. The only way to be T is by creating a whole new acc.

As soon as you lose T-threat (if it can be called this way) it's no longer possible to regain it on that account again, the lowest you can be is green. 

Edited by Outofmyway

Trainee characters are locked to Fight Club and Open Conflict districts. They do not affect the threat of other players in any way. Actual de-threaters are the real problem.

• Like 1