SKay

The APB: Reloaded Community Global Tourney - Consultation Thread

On 6/5/2018 at 1:03 AM, SKay said:

Display Banner

Why you heff to ban my display banner 😞

Also please ban OPGL n OSCAR (just my 2cents) !

Reading other comments.

OP, You simply read em and throw those comments in the dust bin. You are the one holding the EVENT, you are the one giving PRIZES (if any) , its YOUR sole decision to ban or keep what ever the heck you want. Just because something IN the game doesnt mean it should be included everywhere. If everything is included in this event, then whats the point of this event? It would be just like every other mission in the end.

Some people simply have 0 common sense and cant understand basic concept of what is an EVENT. It wont be an event if everything is the same...How hard is it to understand. Also some people are simply butthurt and borderline toxic because YOU banned their fav weapons from the event. (especially that comment about " LAUGHABLE " - sorry i cherry picked a single comment but that comment is really really pathetic , toxic and deserves to be cherry picked to hell)

OP, you just keep doing what you want, more power to you. This is the APBR community, some people cant even make a single player change their primary weapon during a mission, yet the barge in here and make fun of you trying to hold an event that includes multiple players.

I support you OP in all you endeavors 🙂

Edited by Thelnformer

ummm... so this will be an Ntec only event? Can you please Ban Ntec? It is by far the most OP and most used gun in the Game.
Scout should be allowed. In fact the only Sniper that should be banned is the Heavy Sniper 1hit bs.

pretty sure Ntec will not be banned (bc everyone will go mimimi and QQ about it) I will not join but still follow the whole thing. good luck and have fun anyways! ❤️

1 hour ago, weissraider said:

ummm... so this will be an Ntec only event? Can you please Ban Ntec? It is by far the most OP and most used gun in the Game.
Scout should be allowed. In fact the only Sniper that should be banned is the Heavy Sniper 1hit bs.

pretty sure Ntec will not be banned (bc everyone will go mimimi and QQ about it) I will not join but still follow the whole thing. good luck and have fun anyways! ❤️

There is only allowed with 1 person using the Rifleman role. One person using NTEC is not OP at all.

6 hours ago, Crusade said:

I understand where you're coming from. But a lot of us feel that a lot of these things are imbalanced and unfair, so much so that it makes for a stale meta. It's too bad I never recorded some of the old in-house 4v4 clan matches we use to do with these rulesets. Some of the most fun and intense gameplay I've ever been a part of.

Hmmm... that does sound intriguing, and I guess mission districts are kind of stale with meta only combat.

Actually kind of looking forward to this now.

Free cam for official stream when?

So you want this event to be fun or 'competitive'? 
If the 1st I don't get where some of the limitations come from? Why banned normal vegas, dmr or scout while such meta things as spotter and radar tower (for example) remains unbanned? Also I don't see why would there be a problem having a carbine/oscar and obeya rifle at the same time. 
If you want it to be more 'competitive' the whole ruleset seems to be a bit out of place. Nothing has been said about players etiquette (changing weapons/loadouts mid mission, moving hold itmes, abusing spray points or oob zones, blocking objectives, running etc etc). OPGL, yukon, rfp fang, remote det, kevlar I/II/III, high burn fuel, blowtorches are not banned/limited? Also which missions exactly will be dropped in bo1? i.e. vip, calabrias delivery, PC's delivery, bomb planting in finals. Again, pointed above weapon limitations along with normal vegas ban are pretty questionable (meanwhile fresno with explosives 3 and car bomb is fine).
Maybe it's just me and people tend to have different opinions. The rules are up to the host anyway.
I appreciate the event and the host for encouraging all the players. Wish this one will be much better than previous tourneys.

15 hours ago, Thelnformer said:

~snip~

Dude, calm down, he literally posted this thread for critiques and advice.

Lol.

Not sure why you banned all High Velos, Yukon and complain OCA is OP, yet you didn't ban Ogre or modded PMG's. Hmmm. In my opinion, a tournament is only worth having if the game is played as it's intended, MAYBE with some light restrictions like no weapon-class stacking.

Edit: Also, am I missing something, why are people asking to ban OSCAR? It's worse than NTEC and Obeya for ranged fights. And for CQC, SMGs and shotguns crush it. That strange in-between zone that the Raptor likes to sit around is about the best range for the OSCAR. Extra confused why people think it should be banned.

Edited by SLICKIEM
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, spraytag said:

Yellow mods?

I have the same question. I think it would be better if they were banned.

Just some opinions, treat them as you like, I guess.

General Rules:

1. All rivalries are to be left at the door. You are all friends here, so have fun.

I’m not sure what type of tournament you are trying to make here. Is it a competitive tournament or a friends-only type of tournament? Every competitive tournament that has prizes in it is bound to have teams rivalling each other, or players for that matter. You are competing against the other team to win, no? It’s not a bad thing, mind you, and in my opinion, I would rather re-word the sentence to something similar to: “All teams must act professional. Teams found attempting to sabotage other teams will suffer x consequences and so on.” Rivalries is good, especially if you record the tournament, people will love to see popular team x fight against popular team z.  

2. All players must form into teams of three, with a designated team lead for results gathering, issue tracking and feedback. and 3. At least one player per team (the team lead) is obliged to keep track of match results, match scheduling and match call-up. When a match is scheduled, discuss with the other team lead to determine server and optimal time to perform the match.

Why not have someone who isn't going to play be a team manager? Like, just an example, team WASP has 3 players and their manager. The players will be only concerned about the games while the manager will take care of game results, issues, speaking with the other team's manager and so on?

Rules of Engagement:

The initial rules are fine, but I read into the thread and found out that you said that consumable ammo boxes of any sort is not allowed. I want to ask how will you balance the usage of vehicle spawners and the joker ammo resupplier across the map? They re-fill your ammo, what will you do to prevent people using those to spam grenades? I agree that nade spam is annoying and you are trying to make it as less tilting as it can be, but I'm just curious how will you limit the other stuff.

Banned Weapons:

Any weapon that falls into the High Velocity Rifle category.

Don't know why you banned all of the weapons in this category. The only one that people have problems is the N-HVR and its re-skins. I'm assuming its because of the two shot kill and damage on vehicles? There are guns you can two shot people with, aka shotguns. Not sure what difference it makes the distance you kill the person. Every gun has it's own damage regarding vehicles. A shotgun can do just as much damage as the N-HVR if you are close to the vehicle and it also depends what vehicle you use and what mods you got on it as well. The next issue clearly must be QS with the sniper rifle. It can be easily solved as making a rule to not use the standard QS loadout(hunting rifle 3, cooling jacket 3, 3-point sling). My opinion would be to not allow people to use these mods in combination or CJ3 and 3PS together. I think that SHOULD solve the issue with the QS.

Any OCA-626 variant other than the stock OCA-626.

I'm having a hard time understanding the wording here. Are we not allowed to use any OCA but the stock version without mods? If the mods are the issue on the weapon, then simply put a rule not to use said mods on said gun. I mean, I wouldn't mind using an OCA with a Tagger, Mag Pull and Reflex Sight 3 or any other fun combo.

Flare Launcher

You do not allow the flare launcher, but you can use Spotter and Tagger. Flare launcher is just a Spotter, with the only difference being that the person with it has no means to defend themselves when they need to reload their primary weapon. I would consider it a high-risk high reward type of weapon.

Mountie 'Yukon'

Talking about this because someone actually said that they don't understand why this gun is banned. You either are using this gun, never went against it or you are being sarcastic. The gun itself is just plain broken and I'm glad its banned.

Any weapon that falls into the Less than Lethal category (primary and secondary).

Why? I mean, HOW DARE YOU!? Just kidding, but on a serious note, why? I mean, Less than Lethal is rather hard to use, if someone is skilled with it, why not let him/her use them? I'm confused on this one.

But overall, this looks nice. Will it be streamed on Twitch? Recorded and put on YouTube?

• Thanks 1

On 6/8/2018 at 9:10 AM, Beaurr said:

Why? I mean, HOW DARE YOU!? Just kidding, but on a serious note, why? I mean, Less than Lethal is rather hard to use, if someone is skilled with it, why not let him/her use them? I'm confused on this one.

It makes the matches much less symmetrical.

On 6/11/2018 at 11:50 AM, bxylife said:

so where to sign up?

^ this.

On 6/8/2018 at 12:06 PM, spraytag said:

Yellow mods?

• Consumables (any variant)

I'm going to wait till we have significant improvements in game before I even think about participating in something like this.

On 6/11/2018 at 11:50 AM, bxylife said:

so where to sign up?

^Where we sign up?

I don't think the ban on the OCA is neccessary, and the only gun that needs banning is the N-HVR 762 category, I think DMRs and Scouts are just fine. Also I think the ban on vehicles is a little dumb as well, as vehicles are hugely important to APB and most people have access to vehicles like the Vegas, Espacio and Pioneer. Also, I think with 4 players the matches would be more fair. And with the defense bonus there needs to be a best of three rule. Where they alternate on defense and offense.

Edited by hotbot

On 6/6/2018 at 11:51 AM, CookiePuss said:

No I get that.

It just feels wrong to me to have an "APB Tournament" of sorts only to ban a ton of stuff actually found in APB.

If you dont like a weapon or vehicle or whatever you dont have to use it. But to say others cant, just feels like sour grapes.

because a lot of stuff isn't balanced, i actually think the game was in a better state like back after the original PMG nerf, with pre-nerf QS/Carbine etc.

On 6/8/2018 at 6:16 AM, SLICKIEM said:

Not sure why you banned all High Velos, Yukon and complain OCA is OP, yet you didn't ban Ogre or modded PMG's. Hmmm. In my opinion, a tournament is only worth having if the game is played as it's intended, MAYBE with some light restrictions like no weapon-class stacking.

Edit: Also, am I missing something, why are people asking to ban OSCAR? It's worse than NTEC and Obeya for ranged fights. And for CQC, SMGs and shotguns crush it. That strange in-between zone that the Raptor likes to sit around is about the best range for the OSCAR. Extra confused why people think it should be banned.

High velo spam is smart and so is the Yukon to anyone with a brain. PMG is alright. True Ogre really is only broken because its one of the guns with one of the lowest TTK's, combined with the fact most players lose all their frames the second they start getting shot at by one. Intended is also subjective, because weapons like this weren't the intention in RTW, and they weren't the intention in the beta, and they weren't the intention for months after release. It's pretty clear after a while, the intention behind a lot of things was to casualize the game through the hiding of the threat system (if its still there, what does that accomplish other than making players unaware of how good someone is), and increasing the number of ways to try and "cheese" an engagement. EA and Activision had a term for that when they went over balance in their BF/COD games, something to do with the skill difference between the top 5% and everyone else, so they put in place certain mechanics to help lower skilled players get kills as they were things the better players had little recourse against. (Random spread is one of these, but from another game, that was added for that exact reason too.)

To the OP.

I also don't understand why the OCA is banned, or why people think its really broken now. I've played this game for a long long time, and the OCA has been pretty much the only SMG used in my active time playing the game after the initial PMG nerf. I'd actually just wager the PMG isn't good enough, nor are shotguns half the time with this games awful hitreg.

The rules are nice, but, you should really not have any BO1s, and you should 100% have alternating defense and offense. The core of this game is the most imbalanced POS aspect of it. Almost 95% of the time, players of relative equal skill win or lose based on the mission alone, and not on talent or tactics. I've seen defenders get 50m spawns from the objective, in perfect view, in cover, and offense getting 200+ regularly. There are also missions that are commonly cheesed, such as Fast and Incarcerated, or just pure imbalanced ones like the bomb defusal last stage missions, and there are certain others that have like 3 point defenses with long patootie objectives and only 2-3 minutes to do it in like the construction mission.

Edited by Virgil

Good rules and bans, but

Any OCA-626 variant other than the stock OCA-626

Does 'stock OCA' mean a completely unmodded OCA or it has to be an OCA and not any Armas reskins? Either way, what about PMG?

Also why is the Coywolf banned? It's a pretty balanced car given it's extremely fragile, can't hold a heavy or multiple medium items, and doesn't have much ramming power. Volcano should be banned too. Car spawner honestly should be too.

8 hours ago, Virgil said:

because a lot of stuff isn't balanced, i actually think the game was in a better state like back after the original PMG nerf, with pre-nerf QS/Carbine etc.

High velo spam is smart and so is the Yukon to anyone with a brain. PMG is alright. True Ogre really is only broken because its one of the guns with one of the lowest TTK's, combined with the fact most players lose all their frames the second they start getting shot at by one. Intended is also subjective, because weapons like this weren't the intention in RTW, and they weren't the intention in the beta, and they weren't the intention for months after release. It's pretty clear after a while, the intention behind a lot of things was to casualize the game through the hiding of the threat system (if its still there, what does that accomplish other than making players unaware of how good someone is), and increasing the number of ways to try and "cheese" an engagement. EA and Activision had a term for that when they went over balance in their BF/COD games, something to do with the skill difference between the top 5% and everyone else, so they put in place certain mechanics to help lower skilled players get kills as they were things the better players had little recourse against. (Random spread is one of these, but from another game, that was added for that exact reason too.)

To the OP.

I also don't understand why the OCA is banned, or why people think its really broken now. I've played this game for a long long time, and the OCA has been pretty much the only SMG used in my active time playing the game after the initial PMG nerf. I'd actually just wager the PMG isn't good enough, nor are shotguns half the time with this games awful hitreg.

The rules are nice, but, you should really not have any BO1s, and you should 100% have alternating defense and offense. The core of this game is the most imbalanced POS aspect of it. Almost 95% of the time, players of relative equal skill win or lose based on the mission alone, and not on talent or tactics. I've seen defenders get 50m spawns from the objective, in perfect view, in cover, and offense getting 200+ regularly. There are also missions that are commonly cheesed, such as Fast and Incarcerated, or just pure imbalanced ones like the bomb defusal last stage missions, and there are certain others that have like 3 point defenses with long patootie objectives and only 2-3 minutes to do it in like the construction mission.

I was more pointing to the fact why that stuff was banned when PMG etc wasn't, not that they should be. Cause OCA isn't OP and neither are a lot of things that this guy banned. Yukon and all that stuff has glaring disadvantages anyways. Do people really lose FPS from the Ogre? I honestly didn't even know that was a problem

Edited by SLICKIEM