MattScott

Apology to the community for this last week

42 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

i’m curious about this, could you elaborate - i know consoles lack a music kiosk but consoles are running on the engine upgrade 

aside from riot (as that’s still in testing) and seasonal events what are the other significant content differences between console and pc?

Sure thing,

Strictly speaking, I do not have, nor play on a PS4, so I am speaking about my knowledge from PC to XB1.

We have no day/night cycle. Only Day. No ability to create death themes. Much less in the way of actual marketplace content. We have no "ranking" system. Meaning no bronze, gold or silver difference, nor the ability to select between those servers. Our badges in the UI change from bronze to silver as our notoriety goes up, but it has no bearing on mechanics or matchmaking and no 'colored' districts. Meaning no bronze, silver or gold districts. Even if there were, there is no advanced ability to choose between them as PC has. As you said, no music kiosk or ability to import music of our own.

These are a few. 

I may have missed some, but besides all of those, we have very little to none, (mostly none) support or response to our support tickets and any proactive outreach to (at least) XB1 users on when or if problems will be addressed. When it does happen it is rare.

Before anyone asks why I don't just play PC. It is because I would prefer to play on my couch with a controller looking at my big TV with a surround sound system rather then hunched over a desk with mouse and keyboard. I do that at work all day.

32 minutes ago, (PS4)deckergirl said:

console

9 minutes ago, eyesofthesouth said:

Sure thing

thanks 

console does seem kind of lackluster with that info

3 hours ago, (PS4)deckergirl said:

Welp, based on your response, me explaining the process to you would leave you with EVEN more questions & im not in the babysitting business but here goes.

Your ip address is public info (pretty much) thats why players dislike peer to peer multyplayer games (destiny, for honor ect) Even if your connecting to a server you can still aquire its ip address, its a necessity if you want to test packet loss (i'm positive everyones heard that phrase) 

And the sad truth is, Its just that easy, so easy a kid could do it & thats usually who does it,

So. When i say little orbit is taking names its not because 'LO loved players gamertags' But rather dont expext LO to do jack if you, the community won't take that first step.

& we are all adults here so it shouldn't be any sweat off anyones patootie.

Someone will correct me if im wrong 😉

Merged.

console doesn't have a day night cycle, its not game changing but it would be a nice change, we also dont have a threat system so we can't tell if a player is, what they claim there opponent is (trash) since lets face it im trash for outsmarting you (example)   (not you but 'you' as general, playerbase')

I am not here to talk about, nor do I care about folks who are attacking IP addresses. I do not know the specifics of folks reporting or tickets or otherwise. I don't assume anything.

I know that the game did not work. LO said nothing. Myself and others have reported problems constantly with little to no response from LO helping to explain said problems. We are ignored as a community (Xb1,) and that is the issue. Not which kids are downloading which apps to cause "Packet Loss." 

Should LO do "Jack" for our community? Yes, absolutely, because they are the owner of the product. They are the ones that take our money for the product and thus, Little Orbit are the ones that should deliver said product. The players are not the developers. We are players. Some of us, paying players. It is not, and should never be our responsibility to be sure the product is delivered and works as promised.

Merged.

2 hours ago, Glaciers said:

thanks 

console does seem kind of lackluster with that info

Want to make it even more appealing? Matt said all players would get premium on 5/10. Of course, most XB1 players couldn't log in to get it. Those that could, DID NOT get it. 

Then the CEO, Matt, said "There are a lot of players to gift, so we're doing this in waves. To start we will hit everyone who has logged in within the last 30 days sorted by most recent login first.

Then we'll go back 30 days, etc."

Speaking again for myself, I surely logged in, or attempted to log in, every day for the prior 30 days up to 5/10. As of today, at 2:10 EST, 5/13, though the game finally seems to work again on XB1, I have not received my free 2 weeks of premium. I can't be certain, as I only have other's word, but It seems several others who meet the promised criteria have not either. Received their free premium that is.

In truth, I don't care about free stuff. I can pay for it (though many others on console may.) 

I care about the lack of outreach, support and blatant disregard of an entire community's cries for help with this game. Again, a game many of us have spent money on. Really, I  just want the simplest thing.

That is, for this game to work, just like every other game on Xbox One and for LO to keep their promises to ALL their community members.

13 minutes ago, eyesofthesouth said:

premium

to be fair on this, orbit went out of their way to distribute premium in a different manner than usual (redeem code) specifically to include console players

i also think there are still pc players who haven’t yet received premium either, i don’t think it’s a deliberate slight to consoles

13 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

We didn't do a code, because the console players can't redeem codes, and we promised 2 weeks of Premium to everyone.

For those that don't have it, we are still distributing the compensation.

Thanks,
Matt

13 hours ago, Glaciers said:

that’s interesting

is this due to microsoft/sony regulation?

13 hours ago, MattScott said:

Yes. it's a requirement.

Hi there,

All Premium has now gone out.

The easiest way to check your account is to log into the store: https://www.gamersfirst.com/marketplace/ingame/index.php?gameID=20

If you logged into the game within the last 60 days, and you still don't have it, then please open a support ticket at http://support.gamersfirst.com.

Thanks,
Matt

• Thanks 1

So you know how to apologize, do something, do not do it, play a cancer, and now you're going to want to cast a crap like RIOT so that continuing to fail your entry was the worst thing that happened in the last years of apb, Once again, it was the most cancerous community on the planet that frequents Jericho

53 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

to be fair on this, orbit went out of their way to distribute premium in a different manner than usual (redeem code) specifically to include console players

i also think there are still pc players who haven’t yet received premium either, i don’t think it’s a deliberate slight to consoles

In the instance that you quoted, I let my frustrations get the better of me without explanation. For that I am sorry. Let me clarify a little more.

I have been playing this game on XB1 since it launched on the console, 2 or 3 years ago. I have the title "Xbox One Founder," that I can use if I wanted. I have played pretty off and on, but still quite a bit. I have paid for premium, various guns, vehicles, etc... Last month I was premium when the whole game, across all platforms was having problems. As I said, I logged in, or attempted to log in, every day with the same characters I have had since it came to console. Today included without the two weeks additional premium. (as of 2:10 EST)

I made my first avatar on PC ever, on 5/9/2019, (The day before free premium was released) and by 7:30 PM on 5/10, just 30 minutes after Matt said that it started rolling out based on log in time, I had premium on my PC account. Before you ask, yes, when he announced free premium starting on 5/10, I figured I would try PC as well.

This is where some of my frustration as a console gamer comes from. To be loyal for years on console and know that someone who is less than 24 hours old on PC gets what was promised to the community is frustrating.

But, allow me to NOT go that route. I wanted to post that explanation and I did. The real issue I have is that as a company, and a business, if LO an its CEO promise something it is irresponsible of them to wait until DAYS after making said promises to even mention how/when it is happening. 

Now, I know premium is now out to all users. For that I am happy and glad that they made an effort for some compensation.

Again, to go back to what really should happen, is that the game should work. When it doesn't, console users shouldn't have to wait for days for an explanation, outreach or otherwise. They deserve the same respect as the entire community. I see there are posts from 14 hours ago from Matt and other team members regarding Xbox status. 5/10, not to mention all the problems from the two weeks prior, is a bit further back than that. 

An old saying in business is "Under promise and Over Deliver." As for myself, (and likely many other Xbox 1 users,) LO has consistently done just the opposite.

1 hour ago, eyesofthesouth said:

I have been playing this game on XB1 since it launched on the console, 2 or 3 years ago. I have the title "Xbox One Founder," that I can use if I wanted. I have played pretty off and on, but still quite a bit. I have paid for premium, various guns, vehicles, etc... Last month I was premium when the whole game, across all platforms was having problems. As I said, I logged in, or attempted to log in, every day with the same characters I have had since it came to console. Today included without the two weeks additional premium. (as of 2:10 EST)

you play 3 years on the console - can I see your screenshot of the main character statistics ?

Edited by Yood

44 minutes ago, Yood said:

you play 3 years on the console - can I see your screenshot of the main character statistics ?

Not sure why that would have any relevance to this conversation at all. So in short, no. 

If you, by some chance are a LO employee or moderator, you can see my ticket # that I just submitted via support for not having premium on my Xbox one account as of yet. I also submitted the ticket # publicly in the same thread where the CEO posted 2 hours ago about all premium being sent out. So again, if you are an employee, you could likely see my statistics based on that ticket. 

My assumption is that you are not though due to the fact that it just says, "Members" below your name.

so people who haven't log in within 60 days, but decided to log in today won't received free premium, wow. not a good way to lure people back into the game , who was worried about the services or didn't log in because of the servers or whatever other personal reasons.

ok

5 minutes ago, NvidiaQuadro said:

so people who haven't log in within 60 days, but decided to log in today won't received free premium, wow. not a good way to lure people back into the game , who was worried about the services or didn't log in because of the servers or whatever other personal reasons.

ok

But the premium was cuz of the outages. 

It wasn't to lure people back. 

• Like 1

One thing I've learned from being a mechanic is that a maintenance task NEVER goes as planned/without kinks.  It sounds like it's the same way in the world of computers! x)

still some lack of communication.

like what's going on with Jericho servers? if this keeps happening NA population is going to die