MattScott

Apology to the community for this last week

33 minutes ago, Knataz said:

Okay,

It is 20:52. Where is my premium?

Matt Scott u are full of SHIT.

6 hours ago, Kevkof said:

As a make good for the recent round of downtime, we are sending out two (2) weeks of Premium to effected players. That is being delivered in the next 24 hours to those of you who logged-in within the last 30 days. Then on Sunday, we’ll send out another round to players who logged in within 30-60 days.

nice 3rd grade reading level

I don't like to look a gift horse in the mouth and the fact that you are saying you are giving free premium to all players is great. 

There were a lot of people waiting for it when yesterday came around. No announcement was made until AFTER 4PM Pacific that the premium was only STARTING to roll out. It is free and by itself is fine, but once you said players would get it, then how AND when it would happen should have been much more of a priority than it seemed you decided it should be.

Also, I am a console (XB1) player. I have not seen any premium as of yet, or seen any announcements regarding the fact that the servers are, and have been down for almost 24 hours now. Nothing talking about it even as an issue, or that it is being worked on. The only thing I see, is regarding the testing of the RIOT stuff on the PC.

As a console gamer, I have spent money on the game as well and feel that our community, though maybe not as strong or numerous as the PC version, deserves, at the very least, to know if you are abandoning us while these tests happen or if there is something else going on.

Merged.

To add: I sincerely apologize if there IS someplace where the current XB1 issues are addressed and I missed it. That said, I will say without a doubt, if there is somewhere addressing it for consoles, it is NOT easy to find.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2019 at 9:57 PM, MattScott said:

EDIT: We just started awarding the Premium (4pm Friday Pacific time). There are a lot of players to gift, so we're doing this in waves. To start we will hit everyone who has logged in within the last 30 days sorted by most recent login first. Then we'll go back 30 days, etc.

It seems that infrequent players like me need to be patient still. A quick check in armas told me I have not been in the group of lucky players who will be rewarded.

Time is 06:36 UTC on Sunday 12-may-2K19 

https://imgur.com/jNROMzH

Edited by Gamma64c

2 minutes ago, Gamma64c said:

It seems that infrequent players like me need to be patient still. A quick check in armas told me I have not been in the group of lucky players who will be rewarded.

https://imgur.com/jNROMzH

ya, mine just says "Your code has been disabled" (first time trying it)

Just now, Toqom said:

ya, mine just says "Your code has been disabled" (first time trying it)

Can you pleas screenshot that?

Also when was the last time you played? More than 60 days ago?

why can't there just be a simple 2-week premium code?

like serversucky2019

redeem code available to redeem within 2 weeks, wouldn't that be easy to generate? like the old school easy way?????? award in waves from the most login first? whos stupid idea was that?

pretty sure when the server's down most players would have given up trying to login or bother to even play when the server acts poorly.

Edited by Deadliest
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Deadliest said:

why can't there just be a simple 2-week premium code?

like serversucky2019

redeem code available to redeem within 2 weeks, wouldn't that be easy to generate?

Much easier, so easy that Tiggs could do it by herself, back in the day

like the old school easy way?????? award in waves from the most login first? whos stupid idea was that?

The end result is that I still dont play / stream, because I want this premium first

I may assume you got nothing yet right?

Have a nice sunday

2 weeks prem cant fixe this game its dead preformens sucks full whit cheaters hacking fu c k ers pigs makers of this game its a perfect game but the owners makes it crap 

walk here for 2 hours to scold you don't even get a warning this game is dead dead and to the maker of the game fuck you put this game and put it in your patootie i hope you will ban me you fucking gamer killrs gamersfirst nah gamersnurds thant vcant makew a game you are crap in a boll fuckin donkeys 🤢🤮

So it is now Sunday at 4PM and still no word from Little Orbit about when APB on Xbox One will be up and running again, let alone when (or if) any players will receive their two weeks free premium. Xbox players have only been able to log in briefly to WF district at sporadic times throughout the weekend. Again, no word from LO or Matt Scott about this issue. 

This is irresponsible, unfair, unethical and frankly, unacceptable.

Yes, it is a free game, however many people have spent money on it. For premium, weapons with time stamps, not to mention the joker ticket weapons which have timed out now certainly. All of this doesn't matter though. What matters is that WE DESERVE AN ANSWER. Not to be ignored, shirked, lied to while others get to play. While we watch as APB makes announcements on their twitter feed about the RIOT testing for PC. If someone can make that announcement, then someone can surely say something addressing the XB1 issues. Even if it is to say, "We can't fix it. Sorry." 

This rejection of responsibility to some of your community, no matter how small a part, is shameful.

2 minutes ago, eyesofthesouth said:

So it is now Sunday at 4PM and still no word from Little Orbit about when APB on Xbox One will be up and running again, let alone when (or if) any players will receive their two weeks free premium. Xbox players have only been able to log in briefly to WF district at sporadic times throughout the weekend. Again, no word from LO or Matt Scott about this issue. 

Yes, it is a free game, however many people have spent money on it. For premium, weapons with time stamps, not to mention the joker ticket weapons which have timed out now certainly. All of this doesn't matter though. What matters is that WE DESERVE AN ANSWER. Not to be ignored, shirked, lied to while others get to play. While we watch as APB makes announcements on their twitter feed about the RIOT testing for PC. If someone can make that announcement, then someone can surely say something addressing the XB1 issues. Even if it is to say, "We can't fix it. Sorry." 

This rejection of responsibility to some of your community, no matter how small a part, is shameful.

*cough* 

13 hours ago, Kevkof said:

*cough* 

This is a response to a request from a player 18 hours ago. This problem has been persisting since at least early in the morning May 10th. 

No other announcements or efforts to proactively reach out to the Xbox community have been/were made in that particular forum.

My statement stands, Unethical and shameful.

Merged.

I would like to add, that there is no link to this forum anywhere on the Xbox dashboard, and as I mentioned in an earlier post, finding anything at all on the status of APB on console is no easy task. 

This should be evidenced by the fact that prior to that particular post, the most recent post was made back on May 3rd when the initial problems started. 

All this dc every day from xbox reminds me of when apb launched on ps4, little orbit would love the gamer tags of all the players who claim to pull ip's

Thats how we solved it on ps4, so please open a support ticket and help make your community a better place. 

9 minutes ago, (PS4)deckergirl said:

All this dc every day from xbox reminds me of when apb launched on ps4, little orbit would love the gamer tags of all the players who claim to pull ip's

Thats how we solved it on ps4, so please open a support ticket and help make your community a better place. 

I am unsure what the first part of this means? Are you saying that because little orbit loved player's gamer tags, the issues got resolved? Or are you saying players get other player's IP's and boot them offline? Because in this case, it was a blanket problem. Players were able to log into the game, select their characters, but were all disconnecting during district connect. This was happening with almost everyone and only Waterfront was open periodically. This has nothing to do with folks trying to claim they have IP's. It was happening to everyone.

As for the second part, I can assure you I have sent MANY support tickets. Some going as far back as seven months ago. Only automated answers with no resolution was ever offered.

I can only speak for myself with certainty, but I know that I hear from other players on Xbox about tickets they send never being answered. The player in the other forum even expressed concerns over the Xbox community being the most ignored. So, in hoping to help my community, and the fact that we get no help from our support tickets, no notification on Xbox, no info about Xbox on APB's twitter feed, I am posting here.

6 hours ago, eyesofthesouth said:

Yeah, I honestly can't agree much more. I'm an Xbox player, trying to give the game an honest chance these last 2 weeks after coming from this game's literally unplayable Xbox Launch. I love the customization and theme so much but it's hard looking past the outdated and hard-to-learn combat, outdated gameplay, a proportion of toxic playerbase, no way to progress through a dead, PvP specific chain, with matchmaking against only way more experienced players... and on top of all that I CAN'T EVEN PLAY THE GAME? LIKE EVER? ALWAYS SERVER PROBLEMS? It's literally unplayable. Whenever I want to play, like ever.

But hey, at least it doesn't crash every 30 minutes like it used to. Then topple that with me checking these forums every 30 minutes for updates on this shit but whadd'ya know? Barely ever see anything on what's going on, until they announce a delay, then another one, then another. Then little to no word on that premium even though I can't actually play the game, and haven't been able to, this entire weekend. But yeah, the extremely late engine upgrade sounds nice? I guess? But what do we get for content? A fucking battle royale mode? That's what the thought process is behind fixing this dying game?

I'm honestly to the point where I actually think I wanna give up, and just never pick this game up again. This is bad.

Hi all,

I just posted a topic about this issue.

Some of the team was out this weekend attempting to recoup from the last two weeks of overtime, and based on a couple issues, we didn't realize the XB1 districts were down.

Apologies,

Matt

25 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Some of the team was out this weekend attempting to recoup from the last two weeks of overtime, and based on a couple issues, we didn't realize the XB1 districts were down.

Apologies,

Matt

premium

1 minute ago, DOLOR said:

Some players have not yet received a premium, including me, will this be fixed?

based on a couple issues, we didn't realize the XB1 districts were down . 

have cannabis players contacted support with this issue ? 

6 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Apologies,

Matt

https://ibb.co/DVZFddw

That is a link to look at a screen cap of a Twitter post made by a frustrated player about Xbox not working on May 11th. Also replied to on May 11th by APB reloaded. That was Saturday. This is one of MANY upset and frustrated posts by Xbox players over the weekend on the twitter feed in which the PC RIOT mode was addressed.

So, based on that shot alone, (Don't worry, if the link expires I can find another way to post it) SOMEONE on your team knew.

One of two things is happening based on that. Either we, as Xbox players have just been lied to by the CEO, which is, as I said before unethical and shameful. Or the person who runs their Twitter feed has no way to contact anyone of importance at Little Orbit to let them know the numerous complaints from Xbox players. If this is the case, then that is one of the most awful business practices I could imagine. That would fall under being irresponsible and, again, shameful.

Plenty of Xbox players spend money on your game. Not as much as your PC players over the years I am sure. The PC version already has a ton more content so we (XB1) players already don't get the same experience. Please, at the very least, try to use some business integrity with us.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, eyesofthesouth said:

strongly.  dear console players . can you provide any information about the population on your gaming platforms ?

Edited by Yood

14 minutes ago, Yood said:

strongly.  dear console players . can you provide any information about the population on your gaming platforms ?

What does the population have to do with the fact that the game didn't work for XB1 players this weekend? What does the population have to do with the fact that some folks in that population, (no matter how small) have, in the past, and will likely in the future spend money on a game that continues not to work? Sure, we shouldn't spend it. At all, but we have, and we do, therefore, we deserve to be treated the same way any paying customer, regardless of the platform is.

I also have a PC account, and believe me the population there is NOT THAT much larger than the console's. You would think every dollar that LO takes from ANY of its players would be important to them.

2 hours ago, eyesofthesouth said:

What does the population have to do with the fact that the game didn't work for XB1 players this weekend? What does the population have to do with the fact that some folks in that population, (no matter how small) have, in the past, and will likely in the future spend money on a game that continues not to work? Sure, we shouldn't spend it. At all, but we have, and we do, therefore, we deserve to be treated the same way any paying customer, regardless of the platform is.

I also have a PC account, and believe me the population there is NOT THAT much larger than the console's. You would think every dollar that LO takes from ANY of its players would be important to them.

you have every right to think so . for me, the PC part is profitable and the console part is subsidized . what are the dry numbers for console users ?

15 minutes ago, Yood said:

you have every right to think so . for me, the PC part is profitable and the console part is subsidized . what are the dry numbers for console users ?

Sorry, I misunderstood your question. I mistook the initial question for you attacking my statements.

As far as dry numbers go, that I have no idea. I am sure they are low. During peak times, if I had to guess, there is max of 200 players in game. 100 in social and the others spread out through action. Of those 200 at peak times, likely only 75 are premium and only about 100 have spent money at all. NOTE: These numbers are ALL speculative. If you quote me, I'd appreciate that you quote that as well.

In reality though, regardless of what is profitable, IF Little Orbit is taking money from any players on any platform, those players deserve the same experience. To say that even though console isn't as profitable as PC, so the players that spend money through console don't matter, is completely unethical and amoral. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, eyesofthesouth said:

The PC version already has a ton more content so we (XB1) players already don't get the same experience

i’m curious about this, could you elaborate - i know consoles lack a music kiosk but consoles are running on the engine upgrade 

aside from riot (as that’s still in testing) and seasonal events what are the other significant content differences between console and pc?

16 hours ago, eyesofthesouth said:

I am unsure what the first part of this means? Are you saying that because little orbit loved player's gamer tags, the issues got resolved? Or are you saying players get other player's IP's and boot them offline? Because in this case, it was a blanket problem. Players were able to log into the game, select their characters, but were all disconnecting during district connect. This was happening with almost everyone and only Waterfront was open periodically. This has nothing to do with folks trying to claim they have IP's. It was happening to everyone.

As for the second part, I can assure you I have sent MANY support tickets. Some going as far back as seven months ago. Only automated answers with no resolution was ever offered.

I can only speak for myself with certainty, but I know that I hear from other players on Xbox about tickets they send never being answered. The player in the other forum even expressed concerns over the Xbox community being the most ignored. So, in hoping to help my community, and the fact that we get no help from our support tickets, no notification on Xbox, no info about Xbox on APB's twitter feed, I am posting here.

Welp, based on your response, me explaining the process to you would leave you with EVEN more questions & im not in the babysitting business but here goes.

Your ip address is public info (pretty much) thats why players dislike peer to peer multyplayer games (destiny, for honor ect) Even if your connecting to a server you can still aquire its ip address, its a necessity if you want to test packet loss (i'm positive everyones heard that phrase) 

And the sad truth is, Its just that easy, so easy a kid could do it & thats usually who does it,

So. When i say little orbit is taking names its not because 'LO loved players gamertags' But rather dont expext LO to do jack if you, the community won't take that first step.

& we are all adults here so it shouldn't be any sweat off anyones patootie.

Someone will correct me if im wrong 😉

Merged.

45 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

i’m curious about this, could you elaborate - i know consoles lack a music kiosk but consoles are running on the engine upgrade 

aside from riot (as that’s still in testing) and seasonal events what are the other significant content differences between console and pc?

console doesn't have a day night cycle, its not game changing but it would be a nice change, we also dont have a threat system so we can't tell if a player is, what they claim there opponent is (trash) since lets face it im trash for outsmarting you (example)   (not you but 'you' as general, playerbase')