Sign in to follow this  
Sgt Drayke

Downtime Premium ? & Riot suggestion

Lets get something straight first. this is not to "bash" the APB team. i have supported APB from day dot. but there's is some distaste creeping into the hardcore community,. 

1. Will APB investors, ( players still purchasing premium, putting money into the game )  be "entitled" / "compensated" for the down time,     ???

[ and please do not just "blanket grant" every global player with a generic premium code,, because those that actually purchase it are just mugged off for purchasing it ] 

Surely you must be able to see who is/has  currently purchased premium prior to and over the down time , either role back the premium clock, or award codes to account emails / armas reward lockers

2. the recent* (or not recent) announcement of Riot Season passes is.. well.. disrespectful . Understandably money is always an issue. but really.. 

at least use a filtered player/account search for the following., 

1. active accounts being played in the past 4 years + old , on a weekly basis. = yes      (4 years = dedication. the game is what 8 to 9 years old. some of us have, although real life takes priority, have been on since day dot.)

2. of those accounts have purchased premium of "X" more days in the recent year . = yes      ( with in the year shows the players are still investing )

3. Any prior bans on record (that have not been over turned) = no      ( hard core fair players do not use hacks , and if wrongly accused, have been reviewed, those with prior bans should not be rewarded, tricky, although we all know Little Orbit knows who is who. ) 

= Award with 3 or 6 month Riot Season pass for being a continued investor/player     ( this then not only allows those that are continued players and content creators supporting the game, but also helps populate and "hype" the game mode ) 

more importantly shows a big THANK those that have invested into the game.  regardless of the Little Orbit purchase as the players can not be punished for "gamersfirst" past and demise. 

Reads back like a rant, it is not.  just some ideas and an opinion. 

All the Best everyone   D

• Like 1

stop saying investor - we aren’t board members, we don’t get a share of profits, and we have no internal control over the company

anyone who buys anything from armas is a customer/consumer, end of story

6 minutes ago, Sgt Drayke said:

[ and please do not just "blanket grant" every global player with a generic premium code,, because those that actually purchase it are just mugged off for purchasing it ] 

how does getting “lost” premium back (and probably with extra days on top) become “mugging off”?

and if orbit does decide to use premium as compensation, why wouldn’t/shouldn’t f2p players be compensated as well?

13 minutes ago, Sgt Drayke said:

. the recent* (or not recent) announcement of Riot Season passes is.. well.. disrespectful . Understandably money is always an issue. but really.. 

why?

its been repeatedly stated that players do not need to purchase the riot pass for access to new content, and riot passes don’t affect premium at all

19 minutes ago, Sgt Drayke said:

Award with 3 or 6 month Riot Season pass for being a continued player

since a riot season is 2 months, youre asking for up to a year of free stuff here

20 minutes ago, Sgt Drayke said:

more importantly shows a big THANK those that have invested into the game.  regardless of the Little Orbit purchase as the players can not be punished for "gamersfirst" past and demise. 

our thank you is the new content, as a long time player/big spender i’m perfectly okay with that 

if orbit really wants to commemorate dedicated players why not something tangible and easy like a “gamersfirst trailblazer” title, so i can let it collect dust with my beta titles and my server titles 

22 minutes ago, Sgt Drayke said:

Reads back like a rant, it is not.  just some ideas and an opinion. 

22 minutes ago, Sgt Drayke said:

active accounts being played in the past 4 years + old , on a weekly basis. = yes      (4 years = dedication. the game is what 8 to 9 years old. some of us have, although real life takes priority, have been on since day dot.)

2. of those accounts have purchased premium of "X" more days in the recent year . = yes      ( with in the year shows the players are still investing )

3. Any prior bans on record (that have not been over turned) = no      ( hard core fair players do not use hacks , and if wrongly accused, have been reviewed, those with prior bans should not be rewarded, tricky, although we all know Little Orbit knows who is who. ) 

it mostly reads back like you trying to finagle free stuff onto your account and using loyalty as an excuse

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Dude stop. I once lost almost a month, and it was one of those moment i could pay for it.

14 minutes ago, Sgt Drayke said:

Will APB investors, ( players still purchasing premium, putting money into the game )  be "entitled" / "compensated" for the down time,     ???

Surely you must be able to see who is/has  currently purchased premium prior to and over the down time , either role back the premium clock, or award codes to account emails / armas reward lockers

I agree.

But they lack resources. A year has passed, and they are still "viscous". We do not get responsiveness. Veryveryvery slow support, event awards come in weeks or months.
As an example - ARG has passed, but there are no awards. Yes, it was announced that the awards will appear along with the RIOT, but this should not be so. 
The worst thing about this is that they have announced RIOT - the first half of May. Now, as you understand, everything is postponed. (or add a "raw" version with the same errors that were on the OTW).
Yes, ofc, unforeseen circumstances are to blame! Moving the data center, which no one knew about a year in advance. 

Compensation is not worth waiting. As Matt once said: "a few hours of developer work is more than I would like to spend on it."

p.s. At the forum, people began to put fewer dislikes on comments criticizing LO, and more dislikes on posts Matt/Lixil. It took this community a year to understand that they got a new G1, instead of new developers.

3 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

stop saying investor - we aren’t board members, we don’t get a share of profits, and we have no internal control over the company

anyone who buys anything from armas is a customer/consumer, end of story

how does getting “lost” premium back (and probably with extra days on top) become “mugging off”?

and if orbit does decide to use premium as compensation, why wouldn’t/shouldn’t f2p players be compensated as well?

why?

its been repeatedly stated that players do not need to purchase the riot pass for access to new content, and riot passes don’t affect premium at all

since a riot season is 2 months, youre asking for up to a year of free stuff here

our thank you is the new content, as a long time player/big spender i’m perfectly okay with that 

if orbit really wants to commemorate dedicated players why not something tangible and easy like a “gamersfirst trailblazer” title, so i can let it collect dust with my beta titles and my server titles 

it mostly reads back like you trying to finagle free stuff onto your account and using loyalty as an excuse

/thread

• Like 1

Мы вступили в очень трудные для нашей игры времена, онлайн мало, разработчикам сложно работать, потому что отдача финансово мала. I also have premium days on fire, I know that Mett and his team, as everyone fixes, will naturally bring in compensation, because we one big family. Давайте отложим эмоции в сторону и потерпим.

Edited by MeshTheOne

I read over what  OP posted and have come to the conclusion that MOST of what he posted has nothing to do with the hardware failure.

1 hour ago, BXNNXD said:

As BXNNXD stated , it appears this way to me as well.

Great to so some opinions and feed back here. 

so "INVESTORS"   as one person noted there dislike to, is a figure of speech, and can be miss understood in different countries . my apologies for that. 

"Someone who spends over the average amount of hours or money into any project (or be it a game)  is seen to be investing there "time" & "money" into a given cause/project. 

so i use the term "investors" because since alpha/beta days i have invested  A lot [not going to state how much] of my own hard earned money {not my parents 😂 lol) into the game, as well as personal real life time, including physical work into the game, as well as after little orbit took over, i have continued a level of "support" behind the scenes.  

back to topic. 

i can understand how "fringe for free stuff" could be brought to mind, 🤔 but as i stated, i have spent a lot of money, free stuff is the last of my worries or desires.  premium and the Riot thing is a different matter, 

as i am sure any business/ money minded  "person" is aware, if you purchase a rental/ car /flat/service/broadband etc or even into a game (look at star citizen) you want what you paid for. a couple of hours here and a day there of down time is to be expected.  any longer and the smell of burning money becomes stronger.   Unfortunately for some of the gamer's i know they are not as fortunate with purchasing premium on a consistent basis, so losing premium time is a concern for them.   [this has been "fixed" in Matts recent post]

Riot 

i can see the intentions of RIOT, it has been requested (new content) for a long time.  how ever this in my own personal mind (business mind) does not make sense. 

BUT i will no longer be  discussing this matter on this topic.  🤐

as Matt has recently posted about this down time with an apology [here],  although i do still have my own opinions on some areas it is great to see transparent feedback  .

Genuinely thank you all for your input and opinions. 🤓

hope you are all well 

D

p.s " swindle " Tip for the future. try to not judge peoples "formatting" or any other spelling/grammar etc. some have disabilities and  you will put people off posting /shareing . 😉 hope your well. 

1 hour ago, Sgt Drayke said:

so "INVESTORS"   as one person noted there dislike to, is a figure of speech

No it isn't, and no you aren't

"An investor is any person or other entity (such as a firm or mutual fund) who commits capital with the expectation of receiving financial returns. Investors utilize investments in order to grow their money and/or provide an income during retirement, such as with an annuity"

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

No it isn't, and no you aren't

"An investor is any person or other entity (such as a firm or mutual fund) who commits capital with the expectation of receiving financial returns. Investors utilize investments in order to grow their money and/or provide an income during retirement, such as with an annuity"

🤣       ....  this is so funny.

not that i care. but lets for 2 seconds.  (time related joke in there.)

This is some Business management training... 

"Time Investment - Investors of Time - 

There’s a huge difference between spending time and investing it. The word “spending” means that you’re using something up or exhausting it. When you spend time, you’re not really looking to get anything back.  When you invest in something you expend resources, but you do so with an expectation of getting a good return on your investment (ROI). Investing your time means that you engage in activities which are calculated to bring you meaningful rewards.

“Investing” and “ROI” are terms which, up until now, you’ve probably heard only when it comes to money. However, you should start thinking of these terms when it comes to your time, as well."

In short, for those that do not run a business or company, that see time as a free limitless entente in life. (probably because school or collage, dinner is made by mum or dad etc) will not fully grasp the concept of this. but stick with me here.. you invest 4 hours, what will you gain from that? what will you accomplish in life? 

One of the biggest factors is >  time = Reward.      To play a game, requires time. of which after 4 hours what did you get from it? = reward.   

For a successful game to work, this rule applies.    for players to "invest time they must gain reward" so achievements, perks bla bla.    but in real life you still haven't gained anything. other then bragging on a forum about your stats. 

I play APB , and after a few hours i have either, created new content / edited code to make the game look or run better/ bug find / or helped other players ingame better them selves.  = reward. 

Main one in there is that i put money and time into the game because i choose to.. as a content creator i capture the various content.  edit it and create varied forms content and post it online. on varied platforms. thus making my reward.  During that time i have promoted the game over a long period time, brought new players in, supported a small minority of the community with troubles , list goes on. 

so  those that want to play a game for hours and then complain that they havnt done anything productive with there lives ?    you only need to look at what you do with your time. 

In the 8 minutes it required me to type this , my reward is that maybe just maybe .. i have helped educate someone..  

Im sure someone will happily spend even grater amounts of time typing out a pointless hypothetical reply with no gain or reward .  🤣😉   

15 minutes ago, Sgt Drayke said:

🤣       ....  this is so funny.

not that i care. but lets for 2 seconds.  (time related joke in there.)

This is some Business management training... 

"Time Investment - Investors of Time

There’s a huge difference between spending time and investing it. The word “spending” means that you’re using something up or exhausting it. When you spend time, you’re not really looking to get anything back.  When you invest in something you expend resources, but you do so with an expectation of getting a good return on your investment (ROI). Investing your time means that you engage in activities which are calculated to bring you meaningful rewards.

“Investing” and “ROI” are terms which, up until now, you’ve probably heard only when it comes to money. However, you should start thinking of these terms when it comes to your time, as well."

In short, for those that do not run a business or company, that see time as a free limitless entente in life. (probably because school or collage, dinner is made by mum or dad etc) will not fully grasp the concept of this. but stick with me here.. you invest 4 hours, what will you gain from that? what will you accomplish in life? 

One of the biggest factors is >  time = Reward.      To play a game, requires time. of which after 4 hours what did you get from it? = reward.   

For a successful game to work, this rule applies.    for players to "invest time they must gain reward" so achievements, perks bla bla.    but in real life you still haven't gained anything. other then bragging on a forum about your stats. 

I play APB , and after a few hours i have either, created new content / edited code to make the game look or run better/ bug find / or helped other players ingame better them selves.  = reward. 

Main one in there is that i put money and time into the game because i choose to.. as a content creator i capture the various content.  edit it and create varied forms content and post it online. on varied platforms. thus making my reward.  During that time i have promoted the game over a long period time, brought new players in, supported a small minority of the community with troubles , list goes on. 

so  those that want to play a game for hours and then complain that they havnt done anything productive with there lives ?    you only need to look at what you do with your time. 

In the 8 minutes it required me to type this , my reward is that maybe just maybe .. i have helped educate someone..  

Im sure someone will happily spend even grater amounts of time typing out a pointless hypothetical reply with no gain or reward .  🤣😉   

this kinda makes you sound freaky and not in a good way.

Sign in to follow this