3D_fobia

How low have it fell? Is this a new reality for APB now?

I just returned from my nearly a year without (somewhat) beloved APB. And the only reason for this is this hype around the new 'second chance' for APB.

And the very first day I arrived I saw dozens of people doing nothing except aimboting, wallhacking and even speadhacking.

Doing it explicitly and without any shame. Like there is nothing wrong with it and this game we are playing was created to be played that way.

Some of them even advertized resources on which they took their soft on.

Is that a new reality of APB right now? Like, what can players do about it if creators do not care that much? (yet?)

I do have screenshots of this nonsense (AND BY SCREENSHOTS OF NONSENSE I MEAN PUBLICLY ADVERTISING RESOURCES WITH CHEAT PROGRAMS WHILE PRESUMABLY CHEATING AND ADMITTING THAT) but I miserably fail to figure out how to attach pictures at this high-tech forum :C

Edited by 3D_fobia
PEOPLE BEING DUMB
  • Like 1

Roaches scurry from the cracks as the bombs as set to exterminate their colonies.

Basically people that are gonna use hack are doing it as much as they can before it becomes somewhat harder to get away with. Funny is that they will get to keep all the ill gotten gains if they actually stop before BE catches them, or i guess if they send it all to other accounts... Eh whatever, I guess LO made its choices on what is fine and what is not.

Jesus, another thread about hacking, that's all this topic board is anymore.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AgentWatson said:

Game forums... game forums never change. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AgentWatson said:

Might be because that is an important issue in an online game, especially one that had 17k people banned for it.

14 minutes ago, 3D_fobia said:

I just returned from my nearly a year without (somewhat) beloved APB. And the only reason for this is this hype around the new 'second chance' for APB.

And the very first day I arrived I saw dozens of people doing nothing except aimboting, wallhacking and even speadhacking.

Doing it explicitly and without any shame. Like there is nothing wrong with it and this game we are playing was created to be played that way.

Some of them even advertized resources on which they took their soft on.

Is that a new reality of APB right now? Like, what can players do about it if creators do not care that much? (yet?)

I do have screenshots of this nonsence but I miserably fail to figure out how to attach pictures at this high-tech forum :C

Indeed. The facts are tragic.

Edited by xNyuu

it's just the cheater's way to welcome little orbit

As someone else said, some are doing it to level up/make as much cash as possible. Others are seeing no risk so they're going ham. And some are just the same ol' rage botters that don't care and are only doing it because there's a slightly bigger population now.

Hopefully BE will clean up a good portion. Just waiting on that ETA/Patch.

• Like 1

"Dozens" is probably an exaggeration, but it's been a persistent issue since our client-side anti-cheat was turned off. FF is quite obviously incapable of managing by itself. (idk how it can't instantly detect that someone is exceeding maximum movement speed and ban, but maybe it can't differentiate between a player on foot and a player in a car or something).

Maybe it's worse right now because people want to get their cheating in before BattlEye drops and they may not be able to afterwards, but honestly I think it's been this bad at times in the past 18 months or so.

Just now, MrChan said:

idk how it can't instantly detect that someone is exceeding maximum movement speed and ban

It can, they just disabled the Auto-banning FF can do. Supposedly they're still investigating/manual banning people who get flagged but with some of the same people in game, I'm having a hard time believing that.

1 hour ago, 3D_fobia said:

I do have screenshots of this nonsence but I miserably fail to figure out how to attach pictures at this high-tech forum :C

Here

12 minutes ago, ImZirc0nium said:

That is not how images work, thats not how any of this works!

Also screenshots dont really prove much as far as cheating goes. Harassment or something like that maybe can be shown with SS but not cheating.

2 hours ago, SelttikS said:

That is not how images work, thats not how any of this works!

Also screenshots dont really prove much as far as cheating goes. Harassment or something like that maybe can be shown with SS but not cheating.

Screenshots can easily prove the fact of advertising 3rd party resources with cheat programs on it for example. Thats what I wanted to attach originally.

Edited by 3D_fobia
typos

We are still in the era of Gamers First APB. To think anything has changed in such a short period is ignorant. 

Did you read any patch notes specifing there has been changes?

No.

Then it's the same game for now. 

The question is whether or not LO wants to steer the "sinking"ship towards the tropical island occupied by snusnu deprived amazonians!

Follow APB Twitter and get updated with changes as they roll out.

• Like 1

i feel like i’ve been here before

hm

32 minutes ago, Danimal said:

Did you read any patch notes specifing there has been changes?

No.

Then it's the same game for now. 

Still doesn't mean thay have no GMs/moderators/whatever_the_f_its_called to get rid of people crossing all lines.

I mean thats obvious temporary measure which makes community so much healthier.

9 minutes ago, 3D_fobia said:

Still doesn't mean thay have no GMs/moderators/whatever_the_f_its_called to get rid of people crossing all lines.

I believe volunteer GMs aren't active yet, so they'd be lacking in manpower to ban cheaters. Guessing that they're also trying to devise a new process in evaluating bans in light of G1's mess, so I'd sit tight and wait.

20 minutes ago, 3D_fobia said:

6 minutes ago, Nevv said:

I believe volunteer GMs aren't active yet, so they'd be lacking in manpower to ban cheaters. Guessing that they're also trying to devise a new process in evaluating bans in light of G1's mess, so I'd sit tight and wait.

GM's cannot ban anyone in any case. They can only report to actual LO staff.

GMs are on from time to time and volunteers can only report but with a faster response / ban rate from GMs. Cheaters are still being banned but not publicly shamed. 

12 minutes ago, iAdoreHer said:

Cheaters are still being banned

are they though?

qha0h0K.gif

Just now, CookiePuss said:

are they though?

qha0h0K.gif

Because some of us know of people that have been banned for "reasons". Also you could just take LO word on it. just an idea.

Just now, SelttikS said:

Because some of us know of people that have been banned for "reasons". Also you could just take LO word on it. just an idea.

Wait people are getting banned even now in bronze district?

And I don't even know LO, little early to expect trust, no?

Just now, CookiePuss said:

Wait people are getting banned even now in bronze district?

And I don't even know LO, little early to expect trust, no?

There are many reasons for people to get banned, we just have a lot more visibility with the cheating issue.

Why not trust LO to do something decent with the games they just bought? Doesn't cost me anything to let them have a little trust.

• Like 1

Just now, SelttikS said:

There are many reasons for people to get banned, we just have a lot more visibility with the cheating issue.

Why not trust LO to do something decent with the games they just bought? Doesn't cost me anything to let them have a little trust.

So... people are getting banned or they arent? Im confused. Of course people get banned for many things. So you say people are getting banned, just not for cheating? Or something else?

Trust is earned my friend. LO seems to understand this, you should too.