6 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Nah, open conflict only or dethreaters. 

this was a rank 255.  I'm not sure anyone could reach that rank in open conflict.  If I remember right a very long time ago people were talking about coming back as a green threat after not logging in when they reworked the threat system.

I'm not sure you can dethreat to green status.

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Why would that be the case?

Dethreating is a form of griefing where a player intentionally throws match after match in order to artificially deflate their threat with the intention of joining lower threat districts in order to stomp on players much less skilled than them. 

If you are bad you are one of the players LO tries to protect from dethreaters

I mean, once you reach gold.

And you're bad against other golds, you go back to silver.

Thats what I want to say.

8 minutes ago, illgot said:

this was a rank 255.  I'm not sure anyone could reach that rank in open conflict.  If I remember right a very long time ago people were talking about coming back as a green threat after not logging in when they reworked the threat system.

Heck if you had the patience, you could take a crim to 255 simply by ram raiding.

But Open Conflict, when it existed, was the most effective method.

4 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Heck if you had the patience, you could take a crim to 255 simply by ram raiding.

But Open Conflict, when it existed, was the most effective method.

you gain rep for ram raiding?  I did not know that.

16 minutes ago, illgot said:

you gain rep for ram raiding?  I did not know that.

mugging too

On 5/4/2019 at 12:00 PM, Amaineko said:

yea its true

just like in cs,by not being active ur 'rank' aka threat in apb goes down

but its really slow,might be cuz pop is low

to get from gold to silver u have to not play for 1 or 2 year

i experienced it.

didnt played for 2 years and came back gold 😄

Dropping threat because you don't play. Reading that makes me feel like I was hackused.

First off,  de-ranking(going from gold to silver) and de-threating (loosing stars 5 to 0) is not the same or handled the same way, and has nothing to do with your R# rating. 

The statement that not playing will reduce your rank is false.   I have several max accounts built back in 2010 ( Rolled character that were played only with specific friends/clan) that are still gold although they have not been played in 19 years.

Also keep in mind that Ranking is based off of the W/L rank averaged between all the characters on your account.  The only legal way to de-rank is to make a new character on your account and just play. Because it is based of the W/L of the character you will drop from a gold to a silver in as few as 5 matches, unless you win all 5 which if you have the starter load out you shouldn't be able to win more than 3. 

De-threating happens over time. It is affected by how much you team play, do obj, and assist and kill higher level enemy. (this is why you loose or gain rank and threat, and why you can go gold and max threat by loosing a mission) If you sit in game and do nothing else you will see your threat start to drop. So not playing does affect threat which is why if you have taken time off  your threat is at 0.

This is why most vets will say, gold, silver and bronze rank mean nothing. Because the rank is spread among all of the accounts avatars.

• Like 1

rough estimate of threat calculation btw...

FF4Xtw6.png

Edited by CookiePuss

On 5/7/2019 at 6:51 AM, Omega101 said:

First off,  de-ranking(going from gold to silver) and de-threating (loosing stars 5 to 0) is not the same or handled the same way, and has nothing to do with your R# rating. 

There is a lot of misinformation in this post. 
R# is for Rank,  0 - 255 

We do not de-rank which would mean causing our R# to go down a number. 
The threat system is T, green, bronze, silver and gold
Going from gold to silver and vice-versa is called losing or gaining threat. That is legal it happens.
Intentionally losing threat is called de-threating.  This behavior is not legal, it causes an unfair advantage. 
The number of stars is your Notoriety or Prestige level depending on your class ( enforcer or crim).

Edited by Amayii
Correcting forum mishap
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/5/2019 at 7:09 AM, illgot said:

its been done by people who throw every match and tk as often as possible.

Just now, Spoiled said:

Help the forums is drunk! 

Let me sort that out for you 🙂

~@mayii

On 5/7/2019 at 12:51 AM, Omega101 said:

The statement that not playing will reduce your rank is false.   I have several max accounts built back in 2010 ( Rolled character that were played only with specific friends/clan) that are still gold although they have not been played in 19 years.

Also keep in mind that Ranking is based off of the W/L rank averaged between all the characters on your account.  The only legal way to de-rank is to make a new character on your account and just play. Because it is based of the W/L of the character you will drop from a gold to a silver in as few as 5 matches, unless you win all 5 which if you have the starter load out you shouldn't be able to win more than 3. 

De-threating happens over time. It is affected by how much you team play, do obj, and assist and kill higher level enemy. (this is why you loose or gain rank and threat, and why you can go gold and max threat by loosing a mission) If you sit in game and do nothing else you will see your threat start to drop. So not playing does affect threat which is why if you have taken time off  your threat is at 0.

This is why most vets will say, gold, silver and bronze rank mean nothing. Because the rank is spread among all of the accounts avatars.

THREAT  is your color (ie bronze green silver gold) rank is your level in game IE 255 is a RANK.   

it is impossible to "de rank" or lose rank unless you delete the character and start over. 

Dethreating is losing the threat color...going from gold to silver to bronze etc