vfterlife

Matt, you can't handle it.

This just in; another person with no buisness experience or info on Little Orbit's plans going forward tells the CEO what to do. More at 11.

• Like 2

It is absurdly naive to act like Fallen Earth is nothing but a burden. The game is liked by a good number of people just like APB. Arguably the game was also ruined by G1 way back when too. They forced all kinds of poor decisions on the playerbase, chased everyone off, and then left the game to rot. Now they've gotta re-do a huge portion of the game to build it all back up again. There's a lot of potential in there if they can undo the harm down the line - sound familiar? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Skippicaa said:

Long time FE player here.

My two Cents.

1) Fallen Earth is not Fallout.

They are of the same genera, but the mmo aspect puts them on different levels. And as we've seen with FO76, Bethesda isn't even close.

Not to mention the unique feel, story and lore.

Saying "go play New Vegas" (the best Fallout everyone points to) signifies ignorance.

2) In terms of population you are missing a crucial point.

That being: APB requires higher pop to even function as a game.

With 30 people in FE, you have thousands of hours of content to play through.

With 30 people on APB, you get 10-15 AFK in social or the rest only in Financial for match making.

The new player experience is utter garbage in APB due to that spread.

Gold players dunk on noobs, who then get frustrated and never return.

OR

Those noobs (like me) push through but reach a point, where to progress, they have to pledge to contacts in Waterfront. Which due to everyone being in Financial for match making, makes progress a snails pace at best.

Leaving the world feeling empty and frustratingly meaningless. And boring.

I believe Matt and his team can "handle" both games. Both are unique, saying one isn't and advocating it gets dumped because you want more attention paid to yours is, like, weak dude. Totally.

Progress with any contact in any map and game mode... but nooo why listening to something so obvious. Lets just smash it battleroyale.

Edited by SillyBear

Who are YOU ? to tell developers what projects to do ?

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Zolerox said:

Ah GM = Game master that brings back years of Fallen Earth Nostalgia, arsing around in embry crossroads with my horse.

17 hours ago, Slothery said:

That's a good way to spend time within Fallen Earth. 

I have never played Fallen Earth but I love you guys for sharing that.

16 hours ago, Skippicaa said:

Saying "go play New Vegas" (the best Fallout everyone points to) signifies ignorance.

Why would anyone down arrow this guy? He speaks to us APB players on a level we can truly unite under. How many times have ignorant gamers referred APB at "a GTA clone?" 

Telling FE players to "go play NV" is just like them telling us to "go play GTA". 

From across worlds my heart goes out to you Skippicaa. 

IKIFEEL.jpg

16 hours ago, Skippicaa said:

If this isn't a rock solid argument for adding PvE to APB idk what is.

Edited by KnifuWaifu
  • Like 3

the confusion however ! Matt. 

I don't remember such global problems since beta . every hour of downtime has irreparable consequences .

56 minutes ago, KnifuWaifu said:

Telling FE players to "go play NV" is just like them telling us to "go play GTA". 

servers Fallen Earth as far as I understand not work .

the most unpleasant in this story is that Matt will have to blush and make excuses for the team LO .

Edited by Yood
  • Like 1

On 5/3/2019 at 8:58 PM, vfterlife said:

Good time to get rid of Fallen Earth, @MattScott

I reason from a business point of view - I dont think that FE will ever cease to be an extra burden on your shoulders. 

Little Orbit - is a small company with a large number of projects under development today: Unsing Story, Descent (for the price of AAA games), APB and Fallen Earth. 

I think you took too much upon yourself. You can't handle. At a time when support responds for 1-2 months, you are simultaneously developing 4 games, and call yourself GamersFirst.

Publish derogatory support statistics, as if you can't do anything about it.  Nothing personal, but if you do not cope with the task that can be solved by increasing the number of employees, and publish support statistics - stop doing it.  Just ignoring this question would be more ethical than every two weeks to shrug, as if you do not know how to solve the problem.

I dont expect an answer, but I’ll just ask: under what conditions did you buy the G1? Or maybe it was not a purchase, but a merger?

Your approach is identical to the old G1 approach. (old G1 also talked to us. They talked while they were fine. I do not see any differences between old G1 and new G1. They also liked to take more projects and not cope with them) 

oh cmon is there anything you dont talk negative about?

no one said Fallen Earth was going to be a cake walk.

no one said it would be because of missing programs as well as outdated ones so they are working on upgrading everything similar to APB.

On 5/3/2019 at 10:57 PM, CatInTuxedo7 said:

G1 and LO are just same. Everything is still delayed and yeah they are small company like G1, meaning they cant handle this.

it says you just joined..... so either thats true or you're someone who got salty for being banned lol

No matter how you look at it , if you play APB and not Fallen Earth then you don't really have a right to say to kill it when people like me do want to play it.

A lot of us have been waiting on work progress and look forward to it greatly. If you played Fallen Earth and read its forums you would know this already.

this should be on Fallen Earths forums and because its not the players of  Fallen Earth probably will not be able to speak up. Not fair to do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/4/2019 at 11:23 AM, Lign said:

Let’s be clear. What LO made for us in one year owning apb and what g1 made in the last 3-4 years. 

are you sure? didnt it take longer than that?

and even then wasnt it mostly stuff to milk us with?

Merged.

On 5/4/2019 at 9:17 PM, Skippicaa said:

Long time FE player here.

My two Cents.

1) Fallen Earth is not Fallout.

They are of the same genera, but the mmo aspect puts them on different levels. And as we've seen with FO76, Bethesda isn't even close.

Not to mention the unique feel, story and lore.

2) In terms of population you are missing a crucial point.

That being: APB requires higher pop to even function as a game.

With 30 people on APB, you get 10-15 AFK in social or the rest only in Financial for match making.

The new player experience is utter garbage in APB due to that spread.

Gold players dunk on noobs, who then get frustrated and never return.

OR

Those noobs (like me) push through but reach a point, where to progress, they have to pledge to contacts in Waterfront. Which due to everyone being in Financial for match making, makes progress a snails pace at best.

Leaving the world feeling empty and frustratingly meaningless. And boring.

I believe Matt and his team can "handle" both games. Both are unique, saying one isn't and advocating it gets dumped because you want more attention paid to yours is, like, weak dude. Totally.

thank you. totally agree.

Dunno, But I think FE is quite a good cash cow.

It's pop is pretty low, yet the game keeps existing, which makes me think the gap between money income and money spent for maintaining it and it's servers is pretty big and in favor of keeping it.

• Thanks 1

I find it funny how people who  til few days ago were worshipping Matt and LO, now suddenly turn spiteful just because they are having server problems.  

When LO one day finally pulls the plug of this game I can just imagine the mental breakdown of the addicts here.

Everyone is an expert

Edited by SilverCrow

11 hours ago, Sayori said:

I find it funny how people who  til few days ago were worshipping Matt and LO, now suddenly turn spiteful just because they are having server problems.  

When LO one day finally pulls the plug of this game I can just imagine the mental breakdown of the addicts here.

the only ones being spiteful were  the ones whodid not  give Little Orbit credit for doing honest good work.  i.e. they were always bitter

and worshiping ? are you jealous of Matt's beard or something because you sound jelly 😄

• Like 2

Hi 2 all!

I am FE player, u can call me a noob even i have start to play be4 1 month or so but i know players which play this game from the start.

I was be4 i was start to play FE, test (be4 few years) APB because my friend have give me some card with redeem code for APB so driven by curiosity i have test this game but because i was in this time have very limited internet connection i have stopped to play and my friend who was start to play FE was told me about this game and i notice that i already have account on G1 and i have install FE. at first time it was been so hard to play and confusing controls but then i was become attached to this game since then.

Game have unique story. Yes they have some similarity to Fallout which i have play but still it have they have uniqueness.

It is not true that it have just on average about 30 players or so but much more plus a lot of old gamers which was stopped to play FE was comeback. I have one player in my clan who was recently, after server issue and rollback to 2 weeks.

Yes, game need a lot of polishing both in engine and technical things but still beside their issues it is great game.

IDK why all who say so much bad things about FE and APB and LO and G1? I think that G1/Lo need just some huge financial injection and to hire some developers  which was work in companies like Bethesda, UBIsoft or similar. This games and especially FE can have good future and their new life.

Be4 FE i was play LoL and Skyforge, skyrim and many other games but FE is become my no1 game, all other games installed on my pc i dont play except when FE server was been down for a 5 days or so because of issue and rollback.

So be  happy that games like FE and APB exist and try to draw as much new players to this games then you will see how this games and LO will invest more money and improve themself. 

Have a nice day and thanks for reading all my post. 

Respects to the APB players in their forums. 

I am a very long time tester/player of Fallen Earth and a Wastelander down to my  bones. 

For 11 years I have looked for something that has the same.. soul that Fallen Earth has and sadly, it doesn't exist yet. 

Some things are worth saving. For instance, like the California Condor was just a handful of chicks from extinction.  A bird I can well imaging gliding across the Plateau, perhaps near Pass Chris. ((Hint hint)) I believe some were even relocated to the Grand Canyon. 

I know numbers are not great but take in consideration that not everyone uses steam for FE because it can cause issues for some players (like me). New and old players have increasingly been logging in and I am quite free with my Fallen Earth links.  Brought up to date, stabilized and marketed, I think it could do quite well since so many playstyles can be enjoyed there and well .. its the Apocalypse. 

The wastelands can get lonely because because its vast, gritty and unforgiving and there are so very many ways to die and places to watch a stunning sunset. This makes us a bit inclined to welcome new players and give them a hand now and then. It's a really big world with so many options they are bound to find something that will lure them up a sandy hill on a  dunebuggy they built themselves,  a controlled territory or team up to battle a giant, mutated tarantula. 

Or you can walk into a tavern with some friends, play music, drink talk and dance. 

Thank you Matt and the all the rest of the LO team that recognized something so very special and like us, know it would be a tragedy for this place to not exist anymore.  We really are grateful.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sang said:

Respects to the APB players in their forums. 

I am a very long time tester/player of Fallen Earth and a Wastelander down to my  bones. 

For 11 years I have looked for something that has the same.. soul that Fallen Earth has and sadly, it doesn't exist yet. 

Some things are worth saving. For instance, like the California Condor was just a handful of chicks from extinction.  A bird I can well imaging gliding across the Plateau, perhaps near Pass Chris. ((Hint hint)) I believe some were even relocated to the Grand Canyon. 

I know numbers are not great but take in consideration that not everyone uses steam for FE because it can cause issues for some players (like me). New and old players have increasingly been logging in and I am quite free with my Fallen Earth links.  Brought up to date, stabilized and marketed, I think it could do quite well since so many playstyles can be enjoyed there and well .. its the Apocalypse. 

The wastelands can get lonely because because its vast, gritty and unforgiving and there are so very many ways to die and places to watch a stunning sunset. This makes us a bit inclined to welcome new players and give them a hand now and then. It's a really big world with so many options they are bound to find something that will lure them up a sandy hill on a  dunebuggy they built themselves,  a controlled territory or team up to battle a giant, mutated tarantula. 

Or you can walk into a tavern with some friends, play music, drink talk and dance. 

Thank you Matt and the all the rest of the LO team that recognized something so very special and like us, know it would be a tragedy for this place to not exist anymore.  We really are grateful.

Well said. From the bottom of the heart! 

Merged.

On 5/4/2019 at 7:57 AM, CatInTuxedo7 said:

G1 and LO are just same. Everything is still delayed and yeah they are small company like G1, meaning they cant handle this.

Small company?? Then read this https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/little-orbit

Fallen Earth may not be a wise investment of resources. I don't know if the population will ever return to the numbers it had in the past. One big reason the game is so desolate currently, is because there hasn't been any new content in 5+ years. Then you have the extremely dated engine that takes forever to get the hang of, making it a nightmare for new players and new developers alike. There's a lot that needs to be done to the game before it will really be profitable again. 

That being said, in my opinion, Fallen Earth is a genuinely unique experience that is worth the risk. On the surface it might look like some failed online Fallout clone, but it's much more than that at the core. Fallen Earth's mechanics give the game a similar feeling to other MMORPGs. Featuring multiple different stat lines determining the traits of your character, diverse skill lines with tons of abilities to try, and no class restrictions allowing for free creativity for each player's chosen playstyle. Then you have the game's FPS/TPS design adding even more depth, forcing players to master not only strategy, but mechanical skill as well. All in a vast open world full(ideally) of players working together, against each other, crafting, trading, fighting, etc. There is no other game quite like it, and it would be a shame to see it so easily forgotten. 

Long live that beautiful shit-hole of a game.

20 hours ago, Sayori said:

^

Mentally unstable people shouldn't make decision about game.

On 5/4/2019 at 4:13 AM, Nickolai said:

I knew from day one that they will be overwhelmed with work. I was really hoping that the knew what they were getting themselves into.

But I agree 100% for FE. Its a shitty outdated Fallout knock off. If you want an amazing apocalypse game just buy Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate when its on sale. Best bang for your buck you will ever get. Sunked at least 300 hours into that game.

33 Players on Average? Damm, what's the point of keeping it alive? It has nothing to offer, unlike APB. APB is a unique game, FE is not.

Drop it and move on. 

I don't usually say things out of anger, but I've been playing Fallen Earth for years on end, since 2008 or 2009. You're telling me to put down a virtually entirely craftable world with a huge social construct and a dedicated community, for a desolate, repetitive game with slightly better graphics and horrible controls. Mmmk. Fallen Earth is definitely unique, given it's harvesting methods, it's social platform it's created based on the tight knit community (where-as APB is someone screaming that someone else is trash every 5 seconds), and the fact you can build and construct full defense towns and build farms that you can seed and harvest, as well as setting up and hand building drilling rigs for special zoned materials, the raids and parties are fun as heck... Like, why would I give that up, and those people up, so I can sit alone and grow a neck beard doing absolutely nothing but reading dialogue that leads up to the same thing that everything always has. I'm sorry, maybe I'm not much of a fallout guy, but I don't understand how that's even an option. I have Fallout 4, and 76, and played New Vegas, and after a while, they all got boring. Fallen Earth has never left me without anything to do truly, there's always SOMETHING to do and SOMEONE to talk to.

On 5/8/2019 at 3:45 AM, frenly_sharif_woddy said:

Fallen Earth may not be a wise investment of resources. I don't know if the population will ever return to the numbers it had in the past. One big reason the game is so desolate currently, is because there hasn't been any new content in 5+ years. Then you have the extremely dated engine that takes forever to get the hang of, making it a nightmare for new players and new developers alike. There's a lot that needs to be done to the game before it will really be profitable again. 

That being said, in my opinion, Fallen Earth is a genuinely unique experience that is worth the risk. On the surface it might look like some failed online Fallout clone, but it's much more than that at the core. Fallen Earth's mechanics give the game a similar feeling to other MMORPGs. Featuring multiple different stat lines determining the traits of your character, diverse skill lines with tons of abilities to try, and no class restrictions allowing for free creativity for each player's chosen playstyle. Then you have the game's FPS/TPS design adding even more depth, forcing players to master not only strategy, but mechanical skill as well. All in a vast open world full(ideally) of players working together, against each other, crafting, trading, fighting, etc. There is no other game quite like it, and it would be a shame to see it so easily forgotten. 

Long live that beautiful shit-hole of a game.

I can agree with the need for some rebalancing and maybe even new content, but I think the huge thing that frustrated people enough to leave, is the sheer feeling of abandonment by G1, and the brutal favoritism and disgusting mistreatment of users by none other than Tiggs back then. Now all of that's been resolved, and we have a chance to help build this up, tell our friends, help newbies, do this and that, devote the time to something productive and make some new friends along the way, but I see only a few seriously dedicated people trying to bolster the community and encourage new players to stay while initiating a proper incentive, as long as LO has faith in the community it took under it's wing and doesn't abandon us, that same problem won't occur, especially when they finally get out of the thick of G1s crap storm and are able to devote into more of the new, rather than fixing everything from before. Mind you as well, those engine upgraded animations and structure ports for the Fallen Earth characters looks pretty darn good, and I'm glad they were able to stitch together all those teeny tiny character model parts properly to the digital exoskeletons that make up the characters. Looks a lot more lifelike how they're planning on doing it.

7 minutes ago, TotallyNotKodaro said:

I don't usually say things out of anger, but I've been playing Fallen Earth for years on end, since 2008 or 2009. You're telling me to put down a virtually entirely craftable world with a huge social construct and a dedicated community, for a desolate, repetitive game with slightly better graphics and horrible controls. Mmmk. Fallen Earth is definitely unique, given it's harvesting methods, it's social platform it's created based on the tight knit community (where-as APB is someone screaming that someone else is trash every 5 seconds), and the fact you can build and construct full defense towns and build farms that you can seed and harvest, as well as setting up and hand building drilling rigs for special zoned materials, the raids and parties are fun as heck... Like, why would I give that up, and those people up, so I can sit alone and grow a neck beard doing absolutely nothing but reading dialogue that leads up to the same thing that everything always has. I'm sorry, maybe I'm not much of a fallout guy, but I don't understand how that's even an option. I have Fallout 4, and 76, and played New Vegas, and after a while, they all got boring. Fallen Earth has never left me without anything to do truly, there's always SOMETHING to do and SOMEONE to talk to.

its ok i got you covered. who ever started this shit its a banana if i find you im using 2% !!!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Unseen2339 said:

its ok i got you covered. who ever started this shit its a banana if i find you im using 2% !!!!!

Dear god, thank you.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TotallyNotKodaro said:

based on the tight knit community (where-as APB is someone screaming that someone else is trash every 5 seconds)

not to interrupt your fe parade but apb has a pretty tight knit community too, even if we all hate each other

15 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

not to interrupt your fe parade but apb has a pretty tight knit community too, even if we all hate each other

I've noticed, but the toxicity still hurts my eyes, and since there's VoIP, it hurts my ears too.

2 hours ago, TotallyNotKodaro said:

I've noticed, but the toxicity still hurts my eyes, and since there's VoIP, it hurts my ears too.

its not as toxic as some people claim.

there's a few toxic ones yes who are very loud but most are not that ive seen.