vfterlife

Matt, you can't handle it.

If LO get rid of apb console versions -3 times faster progress.But its too late for that now..and is not fair for console players(ps4 most cause xbox had 24 people playn last halloween event :P)APB is lke drowning man and consoles are huge stone on the neck.RTW/G1 biggest misstake which dont let this game to go further simply because is work x3 for small company/studio(mean G1 and LO)LO cant waste time with FE indeed..better sell it to webzen or some other company so at least re open some old fans of the game will join full server for couple of days and satisfied theyr nostalgia.But thats said FE is not the problem..the time this game will eat is not that big

Edited by TheMessiah

4 minutes ago, Mitne said:

Yeah.

Problem is ToS states that GamersFirst can do whatever they want with accounts as they "own them".

Unjustifed bans for their own mistake included.

Still if you do that - it's PR disaster.

Did they even offer refund btw?

No, I was okay with removing kttc, at least I didnt have to pay 60$ to get my acc unbanned but for some reason they suspended my friend’s acc and asked him to pay 60$ instead of just removing the pack as mine. I dont understand how they were choosing which acc to ban and which not

1 minute ago, Lign said:

No, I was okay with removing kttc, at least I didnt have to pay 60$ to get my acc unbanned but for some reason they suspended my friend’s acc and asked him to pay 60$ instead of just removing the pack as mine. I dont understand how they were choosing which acc to ban and which not

Hmph. I always was telling that old G1 was pretty arbitrary in their actions.

Also their response is another PR disaster then.

Edited by Mitne

If profitability or lack thereof is your criteria for whether or not LO should continue work on a game, then I've got some bad news for you.

APB has likely not turned a profit for almost 3 years at this point, and our population is lower than ever. 

For players to suggest abandoning FE in order to save APB is pretty messed up. If LO was that kind of company, both FE and APB would have been shut down on day 1.

But both because LO sees potential in these games, and more importantly because Matt seems to feel that not abandoning the few of us who still play both games is THE RIGHT THING TO DO, these game continue to operate. 

We are ALL very lucky that Little Orbit isn't your typical company. Very lucky indeed. The fact that some players would encourage them to abandon the very qualities that keep them working on both games is just god damn ridiculous. 

Shame on you. Shame on you all.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Slothery said:

FE #1.

Ah GM = Game master that brings back years of Fallen Earth Nostalgia, arsing around in embry crossroads with my horse.

22 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

If profitability or lack thereof is your criteria for whether or not LO should continue work on a game, then I've got some bad news for you.

APB has likely not turned a profit for almost 3 years at this point, and our population is lower than ever. 

For players to suggest abandoning FE in order to save APB is pretty messed up. If LO was that kind of company, both FE and APB would have been shut down on day 1.

But both because LO sees potential in these games, and more importantly because Matt seems to feel that not abandoning the few of us who still play both games is THE RIGHT THING TO DO, these game continue to operate. 

We are ALL very lucky that Little Orbit isn't your typical company. Very lucky indeed. The fact that some players would encourage them to abandon the very qualities that keep them working on both games is just god damn ridiculous. 

Shame on you. Shame on you all.

It’s not about saving apb by shutting down FE. It’s about the reason why LO spends their time on the project with 30 players at average

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Lign said:

It’s not about saving apb by shutting down FE. It’s about the reason why LO spends their time on the project with 30 players at average

the WHY is the same for both dead games... revival of worthwhile IPs

9 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

the WHY is the same for both dead games... revival of worthwhile IPs

I believe LO decided to buy g1 to revive not FE but apb because it has more potential. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lign said:

I believe LO decided to buy g1 to revive not FE but apb because it has more potential. 

I cannot say if Matt's opinion is the same or different from yours.

Just now, Lign said:

if that was the case then FE would already be shut down - from what i understand there are some pretty big issues behind the scenes, if orbit didn’t care about FE i doubt they would bother attempting to tackle these issues 

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

I cannot say if Matt's opinion is the same or different from yours.

Yeah, it’s just my opinion but just think, What the main game they want to revive first?

Maybe, just maybe... 

Edited by TecH EU2

1 hour ago, Lign said:

Exactly. They might have said both games have potential, but everyone knows which game is concerned.

If they could have bought only apb, they would have.

22 minutes ago, Lign said:

Yeah, it’s just my opinion but just think, What the main game they want to revive first?

it seems to me that orbit wants to set themselves up as a gamersfirst-ish studio/distributor/publisher - they’ve got a tps , a post apocalyptic rpg, a swords and shield rpg (i think that’s what unsung is at least), and an fps/space-thing (i don’t understand descent very well tbh)

given that they’d either have to acquire another game or create one from scratch, i doubt dropping a game (even one with so many problems) is something orbit wants to do at this point

17 minutes ago, Takotak said:

Exactly. They might have said both games have potential, but everyone knows which game is concerned.

If they could have bought only apb, they would have.

What makes you think they couldn't?

The bought Gamersfirst, APB and FE were just part of the deal. (Don't forget Unsung Story and Descent either)

If they didn't think FE was worth it, they would have shut it down. But I guess you hadn't considered that. 

Edited by CookiePuss

4 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

What makes you think they couldn't?

The bought Gamersfirst, APB and FE were just part of the deal. (Don't forget Unsung Story and Descent either)

If they didn't think FE was worth it, they would have shut it down. But I guess you hadn't considered that. 

Maybe because when acquiring these games, they didn't think they would come up to this point, where they need more employees, where they need to delay things...

Edited by Takotak

i feel like most of you guys are talking out of your rear end. what do you gain from speculating so much about something you know nothing about. and being very rude about it at that.

Edited by walrus248
i guess you cant say patootie on these forums hehe
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Takotak said:

Maybe because when acquiring these games, they didn't think they would come up to this point, where they need more employees, where they need to delay things...

They could close down both money pits right now, buy profitable games, or focus instead on Unsung Story and Descent, and yet they do not. 

Perhaps a little gratitude is in order?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

They could close down both money pits right now, buy profitable games, or focus instead on Unsung Story and Descent, and yet they do not. 

you... i like you.

5 minutes ago, walrus248 said:

i feel like most of you guys are talking out of your rear end. what do you gain from speculating so much about something you know nothing about. and being very rude about it at that.

just making guesses based on what i see

obviously none of us really know, since we don’t work at orbit

5 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

No need to talk about gratitude, we thank them to each updates, each messages, we do have gratitude, we're just trying here, to help them "from a business point" giving them our thoughts, so they succeed. I don't think our point of view as customers doesn't matter... Don't be so offensive about that. 

Edited by Takotak
;
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Takotak said:

No need to talk about gratitude, we thank them to each updates, each messages, we do have gratitude, we're just trying here, to help them "from a business point" giving them our thoughts, so they succeed. I don't think our point of view as customers doesn't matter... Don't be so offensive about that. 

Then yes. They should immediately shut down Fallen Earth and APB "from a business point".

9 hours ago, Roxane said:

no, Apb took 100 million dollars when it was created, it will not be maintained, nor grow with 5k per month.

Excuse me, but this is literally what I meant. Companies went bankrupt, becouse they went dry on resources. lol

Long time FE player here.

My two Cents.

1) Fallen Earth is not Fallout.

They are of the same genera, but the mmo aspect puts them on different levels. And as we've seen with FO76, Bethesda isn't even close.

Not to mention the unique feel, story and lore.

Saying "go play New Vegas" (the best Fallout everyone points to) signifies ignorance.

2) In terms of population you are missing a crucial point.

That being: APB requires higher pop to even function as a game.

With 30 people in FE, you have thousands of hours of content to play through.

With 30 people on APB, you get 10-15 AFK in social or the rest only in Financial for match making.

The new player experience is utter garbage in APB due to that spread.

Gold players dunk on noobs, who then get frustrated and never return.

OR

Those noobs (like me) push through but reach a point, where to progress, they have to pledge to contacts in Waterfront. Which due to everyone being in Financial for match making, makes progress a snails pace at best.

Leaving the world feeling empty and frustratingly meaningless. And boring.

I believe Matt and his team can "handle" both games. Both are unique, saying one isn't and advocating it gets dumped because you want more attention paid to yours is, like, weak dude. Totally.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Skippicaa said:

Long time FE player here.

My two Cents.

1) Fallen Earth is not Fallout.

They are of the same genera, but the mmo aspect puts them on different levels. And as we've seen with FO76, Bethesda isn't even close.

Not to mention the unique feel, story and lore.

Saying "go play New Vegas" (the best Fallout everyone points to) signifies ignorance.

2) In terms of population you are missing a crucial point.

That being: APB requires higher pop to even function as a game.

With 30 people in FE, you have thousands of hours of content to play through.

With 30 people on APB, you get 10-15 AFK in social or the rest only in Financial for match making.

The new player experience is utter garbage in APB due to that spread.

Gold players dunk on noobs, who then get frustrated and never return.

OR

Those noobs (like me) push through but reach a point, where to progress, they have to pledge to contacts in Waterfront. Which due to everyone being in Financial for match making, makes progress a snails pace at best.

Leaving the world feeling empty and frustratingly meaningless. And boring.

I believe Matt and his team can "handle" both games. Both are unique, saying one isn't and advocating it gets dumped because you want more attention paid to yours is, like, weak dude. Totally.

Excellent points FE is at heart a PVE game even if 1 person was left playing you still got 1000 hours of content with quests and npcs and nasties to kill Even just gathering the prerequisites to spawn the boss for the "Embry monster hunt" is fun 

• Like 5