vfterlife

Matt, you can't handle it.

Good time to get rid of Fallen Earth, @MattScott

I reason from a business point of view - I dont think that FE will ever cease to be an extra burden on your shoulders. 

Little Orbit - is a small company with a large number of projects under development today: Unsing Story, Descent (for the price of AAA games), APB and Fallen Earth. 

I think you took too much upon yourself. You can't handle. At a time when support responds for 1-2 months, you are simultaneously developing 4 games, and call yourself GamersFirst.

Publish derogatory support statistics, as if you can't do anything about it.  Nothing personal, but if you do not cope with the task that can be solved by increasing the number of employees, and publish support statistics - stop doing it.  Just ignoring this question would be more ethical than every two weeks to shrug, as if you do not know how to solve the problem.

I dont expect an answer, but I’ll just ask: under what conditions did you buy the G1? Or maybe it was not a purchase, but a merger?

Your approach is identical to the old G1 approach. (old G1 also talked to us. They talked while they were fine. I do not see any differences between old G1 and new G1. They also liked to take more projects and not cope with them) 

• Like 27
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, vfterlife said:

Fallen Earth

this is the apb forums

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:

this is the apb forums

This is the only live section on the forums. Sorry, mods.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vfterlife said:

Good time to get rid of Fallen Earth, @MattScott

I reason from a business point of view - I dont think that FE will ever cease to be an extra burden on your shoulders. 

Little Orbit - is a small company with a large number of projects under development today: Unsing Story, Descent (for the price of AAA games), APB and Fallen Earth. 

I think you took too much upon yourself. You can't handle. At a time when support responds for 1-2 months, you are simultaneously developing 4 games, and call yourself GamersFirst.

Publish derogatory support statistics, as if you can't do anything about it.  Nothing personal, but if you do not cope with the task that can be solved by increasing the number of employees, and publish support statistics - stop doing it.  Just ignoring this question would be more ethical than every two weeks to shrug, as if you do not know how to solve the problem.

I dont expect an answer, but I’ll just ask: under what conditions did you buy the G1? Or maybe it was not a purchase, but a merger?

Your approach is identical to the old G1 approach. (old G1 also talked to us. They talked while they were fine. I do not see any differences between old G1 and new G1. They also liked to take more projects and not cope with them) 

G1 and LO are just same. Everything is still delayed and yeah they are small company like G1, meaning they cant handle this.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CatInTuxedo7 said:

G1 and LO are just same. Everything is still delayed and yeah they are small company like G1, meaning they cant handle this.

Let’s be clear. What LO made for us in one year owning apb and what g1 made in the last 3-4 years. 

G1:

-juggernaut pack and revelation pack.

-Removed KTTC from the people and afterwards banned them with asking to pay the full price for kttc in armas who bought it in steam with a big discount g1 accidentally made.

LO:

-new anti-cheat

-rebalance patch

-autumn assault event

-Halloween event with beautiful skins

-Xmas event

-new engine otw for spct

-otw test for riot mode

While I do hate the new shotgun patch because it made them overpowered and so forgivable and each event patch brought major bugs such as broken radar tower(autumn  assault event) and UI disappearing bug(Xmas event) and they don’t fix it, they’re still better than g1

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Yeah i think they should sell it

G1 used to be fine. They did something good too. But they went out of resouces and energy, sadly. APB is a black hole on money... 2 companies already failed at this project.

• Like 1

F2P game with 100-150 players ain't worth to keep. Also if i remember right there's only server for US players.

3 minutes ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

APB is a black hole on money...

no, Apb took 100 million dollars when it was created, it will not be maintained, nor grow with 5k per month.

• Like 1

I only agree with the FallenEarth part.

Its not worth imo. 33 players average, dont know how LO makes profit out of it

1 hour ago, Lign said:

Let’s be clear. What LO made for us in one year owning apb and what g1 made in the last 3-4 years. 

lul. I love it when people say that LO has done more in a year than G1 in the last couple of years. 

Let's look at the history and recall what G1 did in the first year after it acquired the APB. They also did a lot of things. 

You compare the last years of G1 existence with the first year of LO existence, and you think that LO is better. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, introlapse said:

lul. I love it when people say that LO has done more in a year than G1 in the last couple of years. 

Let's look at the history and recall what G1 did in the first year after it acquired the APB. They also did a lot of things. 

You compare the last years of G1 existence with the first year of LO existence, and you think that LO is better. 

I don’t like LO as well, to be honest, But these things LO have done could be done by G1 even without resources in the last years. God, they even kept Tiggs as a community manager and it was a disaster. Getting permanently  banned with FF broadcast in social district just for hating G1 or personally Tiggs.

And also LO has finished the first build of the new engine that spct can test while bringing new patches on live in one year when that build we had been waited since Q1 2014. 

Edited by Lign
  • Thanks 1

I knew from day one that they will be overwhelmed with work. I was really hoping that the knew what they were getting themselves into.

But I agree 100% for FE. Its a shitty outdated Fallout knock off. If you want an amazing apocalypse game just buy Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate when its on sale. Best bang for your buck you will ever get. Sunked at least 300 hours into that game.

33 Players on Average? Damm, what's the point of keeping it alive? It has nothing to offer, unlike APB. APB is a unique game, FE is not.

Drop it and move on. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

I dunno what to feel about this issue.

On one hand I agree. FE almost sure is just cost by now. It doesn't look like population will ever go back to normal as well (for all two games, APB included).

But then on other hand... I fell like we talking for FE community. I'm pretty sure whatever players remained in game, enjoy themselves. Imagine FE players deciding for fate of APB if situations were reversed. I don't think it's fair talking for them.

FE problem is that it's always just "APB, APB, APB" - when FE is like any MMO RPG out there and should be promoted as well - MMO RPGs are pretty simple and dumb rough enough concept to attract some players (as long as servers are alive and mechanics make sense).

But then I don't know pretty much anything about FE, might drop in out of interest - because I will be honest. I never played it.

Edit: Also snitched this thread to FE players. Honestly they got more knowledge about they own game than any of us APB players (unless some of us are also FE players).

Edited by Mitne
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Mitne said:

I dunno what to feel about this issue.

On one hand I agree. FE almost sure is just cost by now. It doesn't look like population will ever go back to normal as well (for all two games, APB included).

But then on other hand... I fell like we talking for FE community. I'm pretty sure whatever players remained in game, enjoy themselves. Imagine FE players deciding for fate of APB if situations were reversed. I don't think it's fair talking for them.

FE problem is that it's always just "APB, APB, APB" - when FE is like any MMO RPG out there and should be promoted as well - MMO RPGs are pretty simple and dumb rough enough concept to attract some players (as long as servers are alive and mechanics make sense).

But then I don't know pretty much anything about FE, might drop in out of interest - because I will be honest. I never played it.

Edit: Also snitched this thread to FE players. Honestly they got more knowledge about they own game than any of us APB players (unless some of us are also FE players).

We're talking about a business perspective. Does FE make profit?

If yes, then fine, stay with It.

If no. Then:

Apb still has a decent pop compared to FE. It gets more income and It has more potential in a long term because it's unique.

Tell a friend about APB: "It's an old game similar to GTA but It's unique."

About FE: "it's old and why play it instead of Fallout? There is the Fallout series with a giant modding community. Wanna play online? Fallout 76 then."

I know there are some people who love FE, but everything comes with a price, why make the a server and engine upgrade? What to expect? 33 pop jump to 1k? People spending more money? 

I just think it's not worth for L.O at all.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Syzus said:

We're talking about a business perspective. Does FE make profit?

If yes, then fine, stay with It.

If no. Then:

Apb still has a decent pop compared to FE. It gets more income and It has more potential in a long term because it's unique.

Tell a friend about APB: "It's an old game similar to GTA but It's unique."

About FE: "it's old and why play it instead of Fallout? There is the Fallout series with a giant modding community. Wanna play online? Fallout 76 then."

I know there are some people who love FE, but everything comes with a price, why make the a server and engine upgrade? What to expect? 33 pop jump to 1k? People spending more money? 

I just think it's not worth for L.O at all.

If you ask me about "business perspective" and we all about profit.

Then close up GamersFirst.

You not gonna get any buck from it as of current.

400 players in APB alone and even if all of them spend 20$ monthly it's 8000$ of income.

Try to keep up, update game and respond to players for 8000$ per month. Imagine employing people for that cash.

Oh wait. Thank God you don't decide for LO. 🤨

Edited by Mitne
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mitne said:

400 players in APB alone and even if all of them spend 20$ monthly it's 8000$ of income.

Try to keep up, update game and respond to players for 8000$ per month. Imagine employing people for that cash.

As i said: Long term

Just now, Syzus said:

As i said: Long term

Long term i don't see any return from GamersFirst as well.

Right now we got dwindling population to that. Meaning lesser and lesser income received unless players start to spend more.

Close it up before it's too late!

Don't try to turn around argument YOU yourself provided. 🙂

Edited by Mitne

3 hours ago, Roxane said:

no, Apb took 100 million dollars when it was created, it will not be maintained, nor grow with 5k per month.

APB did not take 100mil to create. RTW had 100+mil invested in to them over a number of years as they worked on multiple projects. One of which included APB.

6 minutes ago, Mitne said:

Long term i don't see any return from GamersFirst as well.

Right now we got dwindling population to that. Meaning lesser and lesser income received unless players start to spend more.

Close it up before it's too late!

Don't try to turn around argument YOU yourself provided. 

Past is past my dude. We all want L.O to succeed. Not trying to change your point of view either, just opinions that's all

Edited by Syzus

Just now, Syzus said:

Past is past my dude. We all want L.O to succeed. Not trying to change your point of view either, just opinions that's all

It's not opinion. It's business analysis.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lign said:

[...]

-Removed KTTC from the people and afterwards banned them with asking to pay the full price for kttc in armas who bought it in steam with a big discount g1 accidentally made.

[...]

Load of crap. They asked people to pay up after charge backs that happened from shady sites where those people bought their KTTC packs from for to good to be true deals.

But sure let's keep spending money on those grey area sites and then act surprised. Can't take from one hand and ignore what the other does - simple as that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mitne said:

G1 made $1M yearly with APB prior to LO afaik, so there's still some milk left in this cow. Hopefully the engine upgrade brings some players and actually maintains them enough for some cashflow. APB isn't looking too good imo since RIOT is probably gonna flop, but one can hope.

Edited by swft

15 minutes ago, swft said:

G1 made $1M yearly with APB prior to LO afaik, so there's still some milk left in this cow. Hopefully the engine upgrade brings some players and actually maintains them enough for some cashflow, it's not looking too good imo since RIOT is probably gonna flop but one can hope.

Yearly cash flow and we talk monthly cash flow.

If we break it - 1 million into 12 parts it's not that impressive.

Now LO got according to crunchbase got around 11 to 50 employees (https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/little-orbit#section-overview)

~ 83333$ monthly -> and you need to pay employees, fund project, host game servers and have additional things like outsourcing work and PR stuff.

And of course I know financial reports are for year, not for month but I hope you get idea.

There also costs of game and income from it. If it's positive and company is getting profit, i don't see why close up company or why close up game. Possible FE might be in that positive as well as Gamersfirst company.

Edited by Mitne
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, TheJellyGoo said:

Load of crap. They asked people to pay up after charge backs that happened from shady sites where those people bought their KTTC packs from for to good to be true deals.

But sure let's keep spending money on those grey area sites and then act surprised. Can't take from one hand and ignore what the other does - simple as that.

Bro, I bought my kttc in steam, lucky me gm suspended my acc for 15mins to manually remove each item, but it seems he was a bit smart, some items are left. Yes back in 2014 it was 13$ only in Russia, but it’s not my fault they made a mistake for some countries 

Edited by Lign

2 minutes ago, Lign said:

Bro, I bought my kttc in steam, lucky me gm suspended my acc for 15mins to manually remove each item, but it seems he was a bit smart, some items are left. Yes back in 2014 it was 13$ only in Russia, but it’s not my fault they made a mistake for some countries 

Yeah.

Problem is ToS states that GamersFirst can do whatever they want with accounts as they "own them".

Unjustifed bans for their own mistake included.

Still if you do that - it's PR disaster.

Did they even offer refund btw?

Edited by Mitne