Triksterism

Removing "GamersFirst" ?

5 minutes ago, Kimotsi said:

that's why i am saying thye might not chane it because,g1 still exist in as a company in the records but it's just under LO ownership,it didn't close down.But it's just my speculation.

if LO owns G1 then they have all rights to remove all traces from GamersFirst 

1 minute ago, Keshi said:

if LO owns G1 then they have all rights to remove all traces from GamersFirst 

Thats exactly my point, they can if they want.

19 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Thats exactly my point, they can if they want.

what if Matt really likes "GamersFirst" And wants to make it "Gamers First" 🤔🤔

33 minutes ago, Kimotsi said:

that's why i am saying thye might not chane it because,g1 still exist in as a company in the records but it's just under LO ownership,it didn't close down.But it's just my speculation.

gamersfirst is not a company, and hasn’t been a company for years

This bothered me the whole time tbh, a good step would be to remove all traces of Gamersfirst and Obviously do something about that Reloaded, reloaded is not part of the deal so just call it APB.

Little Gamers First Orbit ?

Edited by CookiePuss

11 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Sounds like a Kerbal Space Program video.

14 hours ago, Nite said:

The community may have attached a stigma to the G1 name, but from what I see elsewhere most people who haven't played APB don't really know about the damage G1 did to it post-RTW, they only know of APB as "that failed MMO cops and robbers shooter that burned through $100M in funding way back when".

Even the guy who wrote that crappy RPS article didn't seem to know much of anything about G1 until some players gave a rundown, and he's not the only such i've seen on the webz.

Facts. Though I do support a rebranding ing of G1. It certainly did not put gamers first and can’t possibly have a positive brand for any game it supported. But it’s pricey and they have much better things to spend money on right now, perhaps once the game is truly ready for an infusion of new players we’ll see a facelift.

Edited by Rumple

19 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Didnt MattScott already say they were keeping the G1 name? 

.... seems like a done deal tbh

he did

but i really wish he didn't , G1 has gathered such a bad reputation for so many years , having a new name or just removing it all would only be benefficial  in my opinion .

it's just a name maybe , but it has a signification .

3 hours ago, Ketog said:

he did

but i really wish he didn't , G1 has gathered such a bad reputation for so many years , having a new name or just removing it all would only be benefficial  in my opinion .

it's just a name maybe , but it has a signification .

Yeah, I know what you mean. 

On 6/4/2018 at 2:02 AM, Triksterism said:

I'm hoping Little Orbit will eventually remove all traces of the company from the game seeing as how bad the association is.

Got your account back, must be nice

On 6/4/2018 at 6:08 PM, LUST said:

While true, a lot of players left because of the name. Gamersfirst was more like Gamerslast. Every little thing counts at this point.

I called Gamersfirst, Moneysfirst rather than actually spending they were withholding it and not putting it to good use. 

They were lying to use the whole time, trying to milk us

On 6/4/2018 at 12:55 PM, AxeTurboAgresor said:

And they (g1) and Tiggs did all they could (including being silent) to keep the game alive for as long as they could.

And they (g1) and Tiggs did all they could (including banning legit players and scam off the money they put into the game) to keep the game alive for as long as they could.

Edited by m-mme

15 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Sounds like a kid-friendly game company tbh.

I'm a kid at heart but still...

Edited by ScarecrowXIII

Just now, ScarecrowXIII said:

Sounds like a kid-friendly game company tbh

Exactly! Perfect for APB where more than half the playerbase is under the age of 16!

15 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Exactly! Perfect for APB where more than half the playerbase is under the age of 16!

Silence! They're small adults! Lol

Edited by ScarecrowXIII
Added lol because tone of voice is non-existent in text form
  • Like 1

Thought it was already said that the Reloaded part was going away since it was not part of the deal. G1 does have a bad taste to it so i could see a change being helpful PR wise, but it would also be costly to change it soo

7 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

Thought it was already said that the Reloaded part was going away since it was not part of the deal. G1 does have a bad taste to it so i could see a change being helpful PR wise, but it would also be costly to change it soo

Maybe someday down the line after they've made enough returns (To ARMAS my brothers and sisters! Fill their coffers so that we may do away with the name of Gamersfirst!)

Jk, unless cost was the ONLY reason LO doesn't want to change the name.

*sigh The name could be anything in my opinion. But it is not the thing that is currently bothering me. They can change it whenever they want, but I want APB (you know the actual game) to be fixed first.

If you worry only about the flair and the titles and all the other secondary things, what happens to the game?

Some of you may think it's easy but for a business there's a lot more paperwork and time involved. Unless they can get a separate team to worry about it, that doesn't involve the devs and anyone else trying to fix APB, I could care less.

I just want a good game, a well managed game. The names of companies and sub-companies don't matter as long as the game is good (something to be said about EA).

1 hour ago, ScarecrowXIII said:

Silence! They're small adults! Lol

Say this to the police dude. :)))

this has me torn

while i agree gamersfirst didn't keep promises and has a bad reputation and should be removed and replaced with the little orbit logos etc

it may take too much time and money and spread resources too thin to fix apb.....

so for the sake of giving the new dev team room to breathe and finances to make it happen  id have to say no not a good idea right now...

later yes if they want to but now is not a good time in my opinion

Ditching the name would be a brilliant idea. Was one of the first things that came up after hearing about them getting bought out. That if they want to ever get anywhere they need to shed that horrifically tarnished name.