Triksterism

Removing "GamersFirst" ?

I'm hoping Little Orbit will eventually remove all traces of the company from the game seeing as how bad the association is.

• Like 21

G1 has a terrible reputation now, would have to assume rebranding/distancing from G1 would be good PR.

• Like 4

well, I wanted to suggest the same thing. Can't say I agree more, LO deserves to get all the credit for things they're doing.

• Like 4

Or, they could just stick with the company they aquired and rebuild the consumers trust?

Plus, pretty sure renaming a company would require a lot of legal paper work (Such as transfer of rights, renegotiating contracts, taxes etc.). Ontop of that they might be required to republish games, either because of law or because of policy on platforms owned by other companies. Like Steam, PlayStation, XBox etc. But I am not sure on that, but it's a most likely scenario. Then theres other factors like brand recongition, regardless of reputational status, that you'd be throwing away.

• Like 3

LO should do with APB with G1 did with RTW Apb, distance themselves from everything from the previous company.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm more worried about the game at this point and less about the name of the acquired company.

Yeah, it has a disgusting reputation, but it's not the main thing to be worried about. We can get back players with a better game, not a better name.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BartMcRoy said:

I'm more worried about the game at this point and less about the name of the acquired company.

Yeah, it has a disgusting reputation, but it's not the main thing to be worried about. We can get back players with a better game, not a better name.

While true, a lot of players left because of the name. Gamersfirst was more like Gamerslast. Every little thing counts at this point.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, LUST said:

While true, a lot of players left because of the name. Gamersfirst was more like Gamerslast. Every little thing counts at this point.

While a name may have a demoralizing effect, people don't leave because of a name. People leave because of empty promises. People leave because they see no reason to continue. People leave because they see nothing being done to further the game.

Everybody who knew this game jumped on when Gamersfirst acquired it. It wasn't until later we realized the company that bought it was milking whatever they could from it financially.

Little Orbit is the new name, and it owns Gamersfirst. Little Orbit is the only name you need to concern yourself with now.

• Like 3

Yes, they should simply REMOVE EVERYTHING that says anything related to / or is GAMERSFIRST.

The company has even more bad reputation than Nexon (and a damn lot of people actively avoid some amazing games just cause its form Nexon).

+1 For the post !

29 minutes ago, Glubbable said:

Or, they could just stick with the company they aquired and rebuild the consumers trust?

Plus, pretty sure renaming a company would require a lot of legal paper work (Such as transfer of rights, renegotiating contracts, taxes etc.). Ontop of that they might be required to republish games, either because of law or because of policy on platforms owned by other companies. Like Steam, PlayStation, XBox etc. But I am not sure on that, but it's a most likely scenario. Then theres other factors like brand recongition, regardless of reputational status, that you'd be throwing away.

Change forums address

Change the website name

Remove the logo from the game

Remove the logo from the launcher.

They can keep the gamersfirst tag but just dont show it to the players or people who are gona try it !

Edited by Thelnformer
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, BartMcRoy said:

While a name may have a demoralizing effect, people don't leave because of a name. People leave because of empty promises. People leave because they see no reason to continue. People leave because they see nothing being done to further the game.

Everybody who knew this game jumped on when Gamersfirst acquired it. It wasn't until later we realized the company that bought it was milking whatever they could from it financially.

Little Orbit is the new name, and it owns Gamersfirst. Little Orbit is the only name you need to concern yourself with now.

So...what you are saying is change the name to remove the negative connotation it had on APB and it's players. No "duh" people left because what they did and that LO is the only name we should be concerned about. Keeping the Gamersfirst name serves literally no purpose at this point--no need to get picky over the semantics and essentially say the same thing in the end.

Again, every little bit counts.  You can't get salty if our own players are asking to allocate a few hours of resources to change the name. Redirecting the site doesn't take more than a few keystrokes, throwing in the LO logo over the G1 can be as little as a file copy.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, BartMcRoy said:

given the fact that you are getting a bit heated over the name, maybe it should change. come on bart...

Q2rJa7D.png

Edited by tennogrineer

Do you read through this thread and seriously think LO have not considered their options? I am pretty sure they have given this more thought and consideration than any of us could. I think we need to sit back and let them handle their own business while we wait patiently for them to show progress on the game. 

• Like 1

As said in previous topic, GamersFirst and Tiggs took biggest sh*t dump on us, community, by being silent and not admitting they were incapable of pulling the engine update (or any update of that matter) on their own.

Self-entitled, non-caring, incompetent peasants. 

• Like 1

dont think it matters

maybe in the future when little orbit wants to port the game to unreal 4 or some sort of other pipe dream sure

The community may have attached a stigma to the G1 name, but from what I see elsewhere most people who haven't played APB don't really know about the damage G1 did to it post-RTW, they only know of APB as "that failed MMO cops and robbers shooter that burned through $100M in funding way back when".

Even the guy who wrote that crappy RPS article didn't seem to know much of anything about G1 until some players gave a rundown, and he's not the only such i've seen on the webz.

Why would u even care? Why would u even discuss this? Iam sure LO has considered all the options and there is a reason why G1 is still here (yet?). Its non of ur business, and there is nothing u can do about this. IMO G1 has improved gaming experience since they took it from RTW and made playing more fun to play.

G1 has failed for some reasons. Probably out of money, nobody would be surprised. Just look at Armas and think about how much money they could get from it /month. Probably not much, even tho everyting is expensive and a lot of active ppl were paying for Armas,.. once u get all u want, u have no reason to pay anymore. And then the company needs to pay its employees and servers from income from Armas. Just think about it. I am even concerned about if LO will manage to survive with this big team.

RTW failed, G1 failed...APB is a black hole for money.

And they (g1) and Tiggs did all they could (including being silent) to keep the game alive for as long as they could. Who would play APB if they knew that there is no hope, no future?

And now, there is LO - an absolutely shocking surprise SURPRISE coming from nowhere.

Just let them breathe. Wait and watch what will happen.

3 hours ago, speee said:

Do you read through this thread and seriously think LO have not considered their options? I am pretty sure they have given this more thought and consideration than any of us could. I think we need to sit back and let them handle their own business while we wait patiently for them to show progress on the game. 

Couldn't agree more tbh, i think they know themselves how they want to be displayed as a company. Even the community can't just say hey change that or this it's better! It's not right and we should just let them do their own thing.

Changing an old thing, for new one will not make attraction, that's the first rule in articles, games and everything else. taking over an old known name will not help others, it will just make them getting confused, lost and eventually we will lose these player-base too. Which is actually not that very good in my opinion.

They should definitely get rid of gamersfirst or rather:

gamersfirst-logo1.jpg

• Like 1

Didnt MattScott already say they were keeping the G1 name? 

.... seems like a done deal tbh

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LuzExtinguido said:

Why my thread about the same issue got deleted and this one is keep up?

They dont like you it seems rip.