Sign in to follow this  
DedGaem

The weekend has come and gone and I still can't play

What gives LO? For YEARS I have played this game just fine.  While it was BROKEN I played it just fine.  I lived through PB and FF and played to my hearts content with NO ISSUE.  Suddenly you bought the game, ran 1 patch, and since last week I can no longer even play.  It seems a few people here are having the same kind of issues with no response from tech support.  I know it's the weekend, but other players have gotten responses.  Now I have reflashed my computer bios... 3x.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled APB 3x.  I have updated my video drivers, and my motherboard drivers and my CPU drivers and my sound card drivers.  Everything works... in every other game.

These are the symptoms:

At first I could not even log in at all, the loading screen went on endless fruitloops. That seems to have resolved. Although it's touchy, meaning if I click while the loading movie plays, the game crashes to deslktop or I get the mouse cursor on endless spin until it says the game is no longer responsive.

When I am able to log in, all seems well, textures, visual... although yesterday I had horribad lag.  So bad I could literally not move. The latency was fluctuated between 6 and 1000. All this and I live in CA, USA, fairly close to the servers. I was warping, freezing, stuttering... then I was kicked and got a kick msg I could not read cos the screen froze before it printed and the game closed and crashed to desktop. I actually wondered if I had gotten banned for unplayability no fault of my own as I have never been banned in any game in my life and played APB for about 6 years.

But alas I was able to log in again, and somehow the horribad lag was gone, and the latency seemed stable.  But I was randomly getting kicked out of game mid-mission. I finally managed to complete 1 mission, but got kicked to desktop almost immediately after it was over.  If I log into social, I run around a bit and instantly I'm kicked.

This was how I spent my entire weekend, hours and hours doing so many things to tweak and fix this, and I give up. Unless your tech team comes up with a solution, I guess I can no longer play APB, and I had so looked forward to the games revival.  I just glad I didn't go and buy premium.... lol that would have been a sad joke. You can help me or you can't, guess that's about all it amounts to.  After this weekend, I'm very tired of trying to play.

My specs: AMD CPU Ryzen 7 1700, overclocked to 3.4 Ghz, 16 GB 3200 ram, Asrock AB350M Pro4, Windows 10 64 bit

I played this game perfectly through thick and thin... until last week when you guys did whatever you did. I've read there's some incompatibility between BattleEye and AMD Ryzen CPU's in which case it just might be game over for me.

I had issue with Beye a long time ago with freezing issues but it is not been caused by AMD, I had Intel and nVidia. - fix was re-install fresh and original os.

checked at google about Beye and AMD, some people have this issue some of them not.

Hello (Hey!)

When did you change PC?

Has APB ever worked with the Ryzen build?

There is an issue that seems to be related to the AMD AGESA firmware updates.

Edited by ElectroStingz

Changed about 2months ago,

but I never had Ryzen build. (no trust to AMD since 2001)

it's need to be looked by Beye and AMD. compatible should be on a place.

Beye team can assist I'm sure, they been helping me over connecting to my pc

Edited by Dahel

8 hours ago, ElectroStingz said:

Hello (Hey!)

When did you change PC?

I built my PC last year. APB has worked flawlessly since I built it, never had any issue with it, until last week after LO did their patch or whatever. It could be the firmware, it could be anything. It's affecting a few people though who seem to all share similar symptoms. I do wish LO tech support would comment that they are at least looking into it.

Wait up for Battleye, noone can actually play the game until so with the current state.

22 hours ago, ElectroStingz said:

Hello (Hey!)

When did you change PC?

You're right, and this is the fix.  A few days ago I flashed my bios and the problems started.  I couldnt log in, but when I flashed to the beta bios, I was able to play.  however, after a couple days I could log in but would get kicked.  So taking your comment about the instability of the Agesa firmware updates, reflashed my bios down to the bridge bios, below the latest agesa patch and then I was able to log in and play just fine.  Many thanks.

• Thanks 1

Hey! did you solved your issue???

*** PATCH? is it king a joke, coz I play always directly to game executable and never use launcher as it is useless - no patches been planned at G1, no patches planned and done by Little Orbit so what are you talking about "patch" last week,

cmon 

ok, fine, show me "patch notes" if there was a patch...

I have feeling dudes all ya talking about Operating System - windows - up-dates, not at all about a game......

(had to turn and ask pre-mates if I missed something)

- confirmed to PATCH had done by Little Orbit,

on top of that they said about NEXT patch and it is a first BATTLEYE add, 

stop using rumours and disinformation a people around

Edited by Dahel

25 minutes ago, Anudureju said:

*** PATCH? is it king a joke, coz I play always directly to game executable and never use launcher as it is useless - no patches been planned at G1, no patches planned and done by Little Orbit so what are you talking about "patch" last week,

cmon 

I have feeling dudes all ya talking about Operating System - windows - up-dates, not at all about a game......

He / She is referring to the motherboard and AMD's AGESA Patch.

Edited by ElectroStingz

according of this info have to turn to AMD not here.

7 hours ago, Anudureju said:

cmon 

Sorry if I was misleading.  When I began to have trouble logging into the game I thought LO had patched something to make a change.  What had happened was I flashed my motherboard bios, and apparently the latest Agesa patch for the AMD MB is not very stable with some older games. So after about a week of fiddling, tweaking, flashing to the beta bios, etc. I wanted to share that what had worked, and I believe will also help those affected who use AMD Ryzen processors will be to flash their Motherboard bios to the Bridge update patch, which is an older, interim patch before the unstable, newer agesa patches. Using the bridge bios worked like a charm I have no issues at all either logging in to APB or playing. Thanks for your suggestions and help as well Anudureju, I know English isn't your first language either but you do a good job of explaining and suggesting things.