MattScott

All servers are back online

Hi everyone,

All servers are back online across PC, XB1, PS4 across Jericho, Citadel, and Nekrova.

I sincerely apologize to all the players for this outage.

I have no interest in sugarcoating this or dodging blame. I own this failure. What appeared relatively straight forward, ended up being riddled with landmines. This network move went much too long, and our inability to properly communicate when the game would come back online was unacceptable.  Needless to say, I am unhappy with how this all went, and I am sorry for our performance.

I am happy to do a future post to walk through why we had to do this and what happened that led to the various issues. But I will do my best to make sure this doesn’t happen ever again, and to make sure we properly compensate the players for the downtime.

Sorry,

Matt

• Like 24
  • Thanks 16

4 minutes ago, MattScott said:

compensate

your glowing presence on the forums is enough, no other compensation is necessary

seriously dont give these greedy bastards anything :^)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, MattScott said:

I am happy to do a future post to walk through why we had to do this and what happened that led to the various issues. But I will do my best to make sure this doesn’t happen ever again, and to make sure we properly compensate the players for the downtime.

I think I can speak for most of the IT minded people (especially those in networking) when I say that this would be a great post to read

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

I think I can speak for most of the IT minded people (especially those in networking) when I say that this would be a great post to read

better be of @MattScott streaming his life for 24hours 😜 

• Like 1

It would be berry INTERESTING for the explaination 🙂

you-got-some-explaining-to-do-mister.jpg

Edited by LovelyJasmine

Thank you very much @MattScott!

Im in love with you guys, much more than never before 🙂

Hi all,

With all the craziness this week and the server outages, the development team hasn't made enough progress on the changes to RIOT for a play test this week.

We're going to aim for May 10th instead.

I have updated the original post to reflect the new date:

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@MattScott please focus more on engine 3.5 most ppl dont even wait on riot they wait on ue3.5 or even 4.0

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

your glowing presence on the forums is enough, no other compensation is necessary

seriously dont give these greedy bastards anything :^)

I couldn't have said it better.

• Like 1

Could you get my father back online next?

I haven't seen him in years.

2 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Could you get my father back online next?

I haven't seen him in years.

kAWg1Ch.gif

2 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

All servers are back online across PC, XB1, PS4 across Jericho, Citadel, and Nekrova.

I sincerely apologize to all the players for this outage.

I have no interest in sugarcoating this or dodging blame. I own this failure. What appeared relatively straight forward, ended up being riddled with landmines. This network move went much too long, and our inability to properly communicate when the game would come back online was unacceptable.  Needless to say, I am unhappy with how this all went, and I am sorry for our performance.

Sorry,

Matt

While I appreciate your generosity , and do not wish to be rude and look a gift horse in the mouth , I do not feel I need to be compensated.

If however you still feel the need to do so , a  code for premium is more than enough.

I still feel it is not needed though

Edited by Fortune Runner

Hi Matt , don't know if you've changed server locations or something but i now get 480ms to jerico 

up from around 220ms , which is totally unplayable , citadel hasn't changed though still getting 350ms to there 

-_-  Do u guys remember? "We will be launching new game mode at the end of march". In April there was nothing. Then somwhere around 20th april finally we got info. that it was postponed. And now stress test is postponed 2 times. Seems like gamersfirst never left...

2 hours ago, arkup said:

Hi Matt , don't know if you've changed server locations or something but i now get 480ms to jerico 

up from around 220ms , which is totally unplayable , citadel hasn't changed though still getting 350ms to there 

I recommend this site: http://www.azurespeed.com/

You can see what your latency is to various parts of the country without going through our network.

We did not move any of the district servers (Jericho, Citadel, or Nekrova). So your latency shouldn't be affected.

However, if you find that the speed site reports no latency issues, then you can get on Jericho and run /latencytest and send it to me in a PM on the forums.

• Thanks 1

Мэтт с командой просто красавчики! 

Thanks for all the hard work, swet and time the whole LO staff is investing into our all loved game APB. 👍✌♥ @MattScott

1 hour ago, MattScott said:

I recommend this site: http://www.azurespeed.com/

You can see what your latency is to various parts of the country without going through our network.

We did not move any of the district servers (Jericho, Citadel, or Nekrova). So your latency shouldn't be affected.

However, if you find that the speed site reports no latency issues, then you can get on Jericho and run /latencytest and send it to me in a PM on the forums.

Thanks Matt , i did do a speed test at the time from Australia to Texas and it was normalish 220 - 230 ms 

which still isn't great but that's beyond your or my control ,the test you linked me to is showing between 200 - 220 ms

i'll check it out again so cheers mate

• Like 1