Sign in to follow this  
SKay

Problem Statements and Solutions - A Discussion of the "Big Eight"

After LO took over the running of APB, a lot of people had been understandably waiting on some form of movement on the meta of guns and gun game play, especially since they had been issues for the longest time in many peoples' eyes. However all threads on the issue have been threads with more so complaints about the issues they see with a particular gun, and aren't helpful in bringing the issue of guns to a satisfactory compromise. This is the purpose of this thread, to try and start a conversation on what potential changes the community might want to see in the current set of guns, and why they would like to see them. This thread would be very long if we took a look at every single weapon, and to keep it from being that long, this is a look at the "Big Eight" (in my opinion, good or bad) of guns, break them down into problem statements, and give potential solutions. The "Big Eight" would be considered as:

• N-TEC 5
  • RFP-9
  • CSG
  • NFAS
  • Obeya CR762
  • OBIR
  • OCA-626
  • HVR 762 (Yes it's on the chopping block)

NOTE: I am not discussing grenades here. That's a topic for another day. Just want to test the water and see how the community wants to discuss things.

Before I discuss the weapons listed above, I want to explain a few of the statistics that most people talk about, and some I will be using, so that everyone can join in, give their own opinions, and critique mine and suggest counter-examples:

Time to Kill: How long it takes at minimum to kill the target, starting from when the first bullet is fired.
Shots to Kill: How many shots it takes to kill the target, without the target healing.
Health Damage: How much health one bullet takes away from the target. All APB players have a base health of 1000.
Dropoff Range (a.k.a Effective Range): This is the point at which the base health damage of the gun is affected by APB's damage drop-off mechanic. In short, this directly affects the damage output of the gun at this point.
Equip Time: How long it takes for the weapon to be equipped when switching to it, and determines how long the trigger is blocked before you can start shooting.
Fire Interval: How long the interval is between shots.
Reload Time: How long it takes for a weapon to reload a magazine.
Resupply Delay: How long it takes, in seconds, for one magazine to be re-supplied to a character.
Accuracy Radius at 10m: This is how accurate the weapon is at a constant variable - in short, how wide the cone of aim is for your gun.
Per-shot Modifier: This is an additive scaling of how much each shot can affect the cone of aim. For example, if your Accuracy at 10m is 24cm, as a base, and your Per Shot Modifier is 0.65, one shot will expand your cone of aim to 39.6cm
Shot Modifier Cap: How large the Per-shot Modifier can go up to before being clamped.
Recovery Delay: How long in seconds does it take for the cross hair to begin recovering to it's max accuracy after modifiers (if applicable)
Recovery Per Second: How much in centimeters does the accuracy recover, after the recovery delay has been cleared.
[ACTION] Modifier (such as Run, Jump and Sprint Modifier): These are how much the cone of aim scales for each action you're performing. This is NOT affected by the Shot Modifier Cap.
Sprint Delay: This is a stat to prevent sprint-shooting. The longer the time in seconds, the longer it takes for your character to be able to sprint again.

In each of these cases, I will be using the following format:

Problem Statement: The problem. What makes this gun have problems? Why do people have a gripe with it?
My view on a potential solution: My own view of a solution, not including stats of any kind. It's an explanation
My Proposed Solution: The solution in my view that I would propose if I were asked. This includes stat changes. I would clearly outline what these stats affect, and why they should be affected.

And I want to stress before I begin - these are my own opinions. They do not reflect anyone else's opinions but my own, and I've thought of the following changes under my own steam. With that, let's begin.

N-TEC 5

Problem Statement: The NTEC is the universal tool, it's good at CQC, it's good at mid range, and it can reach to longer ranges with IR3. It makes it one of the most, if not the most, used weapons in the game. Usability is not necessary an evil in of itself, but usability must come at a cost, especially with a gun as versatile as the NTEC. The NTEC is as such - too versatile for what it covers.

My view on a potential solution: The NTEC should be reined in, in a small way, just to cap how versatile it can be. It's skill ceiling should be raised slightly for the current output of performance. To this end, it's jumpshooting ability should be clamped, it's Shot Modifier Cap should be raised and it's reload time should be slightly increased.

My Proposed Solution:
Increase Shot Modifier Cap by 0.4 (1.60x -> 2.00x)
Increase Jump Modifier by 4 clicks (12x -> 16x)
Increase Reload Time by 0.1 seconds (2.4 seconds -> 2.5 seconds)

RFP-9

Problem Statement: The RFP-9 was for the longest time the gun that was laughed at. A lot. When guns like the FBW, .45 and even the ACT 44 had good rolls to fill, it was usually seen as a joke gun without a purpose. While it's range increase gave it a very good purpose, it's hipfire ability buff alongside it's recoil pattern being reduced has caused the item to now combat in an area it was never originally designed for. While it can out perform where it's designed to, it can also do it in areas where it shouldn't.

My view on a potential solution: The RFP-9 should be a marksmanship style weapon, it's intentionally designed in that regard. With that in mind, it should become harder to use outside of MM mode, meaning a lot more active effort is required to use it. It's Rate of Burst Fire should be slightly increased, it's hipfire inaccuracy should be increased, and overall, it should be less able to be gunslinging against guns like the FBW/.45 in CQC.

My Proposed Solution:
Increase Fire Interval by 0.016 (0.050 seconds -> 0.066 seconds)
Increase Run Modifier by 0.7 clicks (1.8x -> 2.5x)
Increase Reload Time by 0.2 seconds (1.6 seconds -> 1.8 seconds)

CSG

Problem Statement: The CSG had been one of the go-to weapons for CQC work and did it very well, however recently has fallen out of favour. And for good reason - there's no reason to use one over the NFAS. It's lost it's originally design philosophy, and needs a makeover to keep itself fresh. It needs to be given a new purpose over the NFAS, while not reaching as big as it did historically.

My view on a potential solution: The CSG had always been about accuracy over the JG, the latter which had always been able to melt people up very close, but not at any significant range. It should be given a slight increase in effective range, it should trade overall damage for reliability, and should be able to be satisfying without being overpowering of items like the OCA-626.

My Proposed Solution:
Increase Effective range by 5 meters (10m -> 15m)
Increase Min Damage range by 5 meters (20m -> 25m)
Decrease Max Health Damage by 40 (620 -> 580)
Decrease Spread at 10m by 5cm (75cm -> 70cm)

NFAS

Problem Statement: The NFAS had always been purported as the automatic close quarter shotgun, intended to compete with a competent user of the JG. This had been true in the rare cases in the past this had happened, but since the JG and CSG both were tweaked, it's caused a plethora of players to break the NFAS backwards and push it into an even more effective CQC gun than it had originally been designed for.

My view on a potential solution: The NFAS should still be a huge force to be reckoned with up close, but it's being easily pushed into the role of a mid range CQC shotgun with IR3 and being able to just scream a room with rounds. It should recieve a slight Rate of Fire decrease, it should have a slightly less pellet damage and it's effective range as a base should be reduced, so that it can be better placed to clear a small room, not a long hallway.

My Proposed Solution:
Decrease Effective range by 5 meters (10m -> 5m)
Decrease Min Damage range by 5 meters (20m -> 15m)
Decrease Max Health Damage by 31 (381 -> 350)
Increase Reload Time by 0.5 seconds (2 seconds -> 2.5 seconds)
Increase Per Shot Modifier by 0.1 (0.20x -> 0.30x)

Obeya CR762

Problem Statement: The CR762 is of course a great gun, along the lines of the NTEC levels of good. But it also suffers from the same problems. It's too good for the areas it shouldn't be. CQC is not where this gun should be performing just behind the NTEC - it's designed for longer ranges, and the mods compliment it most for this area.

My view on a potential solution: The CR762 just needs a focusing in the right direction, not much more. It just needs to be focused into it's original end design - 50-70m. It's Rate of Fire should be sightly decreased and it should have a slightly bigger Per Shot Modifier.

My Proposed Solution:
Increase Per Shot Modifier by 0.06 (0.44x -> 0.50x)
Increase Fire Interval by 0.015 (0.210 seconds -> 0.225 seconds)

OBIR

Problem Statement: The OBIR has always been an underused gun, but that isn't because it's bad. It's because the gun has been overshadowed by several other guns that can perform the same function and in a quicker fashion. However, the gun itself can be very operational, it should be re-tweaked to allow it to shine.

My view on a potential solution: The OBIR, like the CR762 just needs a focussing in the right direction, not much more. It's Health Damage should be reduced slightly, with a slight increase of accuracy, a slight reduction in Recovery Per Second, and a slight increase in Burst Fire Interval. This will bring it into line with what a good marksmanship burst fire rifle should be.

My Proposed Solution:
Increase Run Modifier by 0.5 clicks (5.5 -> 6x)
Decrease Health Damage by 10 (165 -> 155)
Increase Accuracy Radius at 10cm by 2cm (19cm -> 17cm)
Decrease Recovery Per Second by 1 cm (7.00cm -> 6.00cm)

OCA-626

Problem Statement: The OCA-626 SMG is the final word on CQC dominance. The gun is very versatile, easy to pick up and easy to start getting kills with. There is another SMG around here some where... what is it again?

My view on a potential solution: The OCA-626 never should've gotten a Rate of Fire buff and accuracy recovery buff when it did - it made no sense. It just made it a much better gun over the PMG. It should have the RoF increase reverted, and clamped by making tactical choices mean a lot more than they do now.

My Proposed Solution:
Increase Fire Interval by 0.006 (0.092 seconds -> 0.098 seconds)
Increase Reload Time by 0.1 seconds (1.9 seconds -> 2.0 seconds)

HVR 762

Problem Statement: The HVR, love it or hate it, will never leave APB. It's just something that would never be on the cards, especially as it performs a function that no other weapon does - deliver a huge amount of damage to temporarily take out a player, and allow for manouvers from your team to happen. However, that has not given it enough of a purpose to be used unless it's in a very specific set of situations, and the HVR isn't able to give itself the best shot.

My view on a potential solution: The HVR's problem, not unlike the RFP-9, isn't the damage output by itself, it's the method at which the damage is given to the end user. It should have a slight reduction in reload time, it's crouch modifier be increased and recovery delay be increased (to completely remove normal quickswitching), but it's marksman modifier be slightly increased to compensate.

My Proposed Solution:
Decrease Reload Time by 0.2 seconds (3.2 seconds -> 3.0 seconds)
Decrease Marksman Modifier by 0.05 clicks (0.20x -> 0.15x)
Increase Crouch Modifier by 0.1 clicks (0.40x -> 0.50x)
Increase Recovery Delay by 0.15 seconds (0.75 seconds -> 0.90 seconds)
Increase Recovery Per Second by 2.5 cm (10.00cm/s -> 12.50cm/s)

So... that's my opinions, and is my own only. What do you think? Do you agree with what I had? Or did you feel like I was too harsh, or too soft with some of the changes? Remember - these changes are all just theoretical, an attempt to get a mature conversation started on them. It's now up to you all how you all want to proceed.

I'm looking forward to hearing what you all think.

Edited by SKay
Spelling, which of course is necessary.
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, SKay said:

Problem Statement: The CR762 is of course a great gun, along the lines of the NTEC levels of good. But it also suffers from the same problems. It's too good for the areas it shouldn't be. CQC is not where this gun should be performing just behind the NTEC - it's designed for longer ranges, and the mods compliment it most for this area.

My view on a potential solution: The CR762 just needs a focusing in the right direction, not much more. It just needs to be focused into it's original end design - 50-70m. It's Rate of Fire should be sightly decreased and it should have a slightly bigger Per Shot Modifier.

My Proposed Solution:

43 minutes ago, SKay said:

Problem Statement: The OBIR has always been an underused gun, but that isn't because it's bad. It's because the gun has been overshadowed by several other guns that can perform the same function and in a quicker fashion. However, the gun itself can be very operational, it should be re-tweaked to allow it to shine.

My view on a potential solution: The OBIR, like the CR762 just needs a focussing in the right direction, not much more. It's Health Damage should be reduced slightly, with a slight increase of accuracy, a slight reduction in Recovery Per Second, and a slight increase in Burst Fire Interval. This will bring it into line with what a good marksmanship burst fire rifle should be.

My Proposed Solution:

while both the obeya and the obir technically occupy the same ranges, they each have their own well developed niches

the obeya excels at longer ranges due to its accuracy and incredibly forgiving damage dropoff 

the obir excels at closer ranges (including cqc) due to its very high burst damage and overdamage

both guns are versatile and both guns are strong options but neither is out of line imo - if you really want to change something, the obir has a ridiculously high reserve ammo count

Edited by BXNNXD

The N-TEC definitely needs a jumpshot nerf, also needs a nerf to its ability to burst shoot, the third bullet should bloom out a bit more when doing this, other than that, maybe a magazine size nerf of about 2 bullets (from 32 to 30) would also help nerf it a little bit I guess.

I think you got the wrong problem identified with the RFP, its problem is not the out of MM performance, it's its range. Just as an example, the fact that this gun outguns an N-TEC at medium range the way OBIR is meant to be used instead just goes to show how overpowered this gun really is, specially when paired with a CQC gun. My proposal is to straight up lower its effective range (from 40m to 35m) and maybe make it a bit less accurate (not sure how much in terms of values tbh, it would need to be tested). This would allow for it to still be used in a very decent range while making it less forgiving since it would require more shots to kill at higher ranges.

About the CSG, I honestly think they should straight up revert the latest changes they did to all shotguns for now, maybe re-visit them at a later date.

Totally agree with your point of view about the NFAS, not sure about the values since it's not an easy thing to visualize.

Also agree with your point of view about the Obeya CR762, also not sure about the values.

The OBIR needs a decrease in its ammo capacity from 10 to 7 magazines (240 to 168 bullets) to make it on par with the Obeya CR762 with ~7 magazines (100 bullets). It needs to bloom way more when jumping so it's not pin-point accurate (to make it less quick-switchable in panic situations), other than that maybe increase the fire interval very slightly, not sure about what value though.

Totally agree with your point of view about the OCA-626.

In my honest opinion, I don't think the HVR has a place in this game. This gun should not be allowed to do 850 damage in one shot. Obviously, there are other games where snipers 1 shot people like in CS, but it just never felt right in APB. Most of the times you face an HVR, they are camping far away and only need to shoot you once to make you hide for 15 seconds and I don't think that belongs in APB.

Just my 2 cents about these guns, obviously I didn't spend much time thinking about the values like you probably did, but at least you get a glimpse of my point of view.

Edited by swft
  • Like 1

C.K.A.Y.  why are you doing this ? there is an approved and tested standard . who are you ?

Yall still bitching about the NTEC.

Sick meme Skay. Got a laugh from me.

On 5/1/2019 at 3:53 PM, BXNNXD said:

while both the obeya and the obir technically occupy the same ranges, they each have their own well developed niches

the obeya excels at longer ranges due to its accuracy and incredibly forgiving damage dropoff 

the obir excels at closer ranges (including cqc) due to its very high burst damage and overdamage

both guns are versatile and both guns are strong options but neither is out of line imo - if you really want to change something, the obir has a ridiculously high reserve ammo count

Yea, nerf it! Cuz there are just soo many ppl running around with it. Almost nobody uses it, I say buff the range!

On 5/1/2019 at 3:16 PM, SKay said:

After LO took over the running of APB, a lot of people had been understandably waiting on some form of movement on the meta of guns and gun game play, especially since they had been issues for the longest time in many peoples' eyes. However all threads on the issue have been threads with more so complaints about the issues they see with a particular gun, and aren't helpful in bringing the issue of guns to a satisfactory compromise. This is the purpose of this thread, to try and start a conversation on what potential changes the community might want to see in the current set of guns, and why they would like to see them. This thread would be very long if we took a look at every single weapon, and to keep it from being that long, this is a look at the "Big Eight" (in my opinion, good or bad) of guns, break them down into problem statements, and give potential solutions. The "Big Eight" would be considered as:

• N-TEC 5
  • RFP-9
  • CSG
  • NFAS
  • Obeya CR762
  • OBIR
  • OCA-626
  • HVR 762 (Yes it's on the chopping block)

NOTE: I am not discussing grenades here. That's a topic for another day. Just want to test the water and see how the community wants to discuss things.

Before I discuss the weapons listed above, I want to explain a few of the statistics that most people talk about, and some I will be using, so that everyone can join in, give their own opinions, and critique mine and suggest counter-examples:

Hide contents

Time to Kill: How long it takes at minimum to kill the target, starting from when the first bullet is fired.
Shots to Kill: How many shots it takes to kill the target, without the target healing.
Health Damage: How much health one bullet takes away from the target. All APB players have a base health of 1000.
Dropoff Range (a.k.a Effective Range): This is the point at which the base health damage of the gun is affected by APB's damage drop-off mechanic. In short, this directly affects the damage output of the gun at this point.
Equip Time: How long it takes for the weapon to be equipped when switching to it, and determines how long the trigger is blocked before you can start shooting.
Fire Interval: How long the interval is between shots.
Reload Time: How long it takes for a weapon to reload a magazine.
Resupply Delay: How long it takes, in seconds, for one magazine to be re-supplied to a character.
Accuracy Radius at 10m: This is how accurate the weapon is at a constant variable - in short, how wide the cone of aim is for your gun.
Per-shot Modifier: This is an additive scaling of how much each shot can affect the cone of aim. For example, if your Accuracy at 10m is 24cm, as a base, and your Per Shot Modifier is 0.65, one shot will expand your cone of aim to 39.6cm
Shot Modifier Cap: How large the Per-shot Modifier can go up to before being clamped.
Recovery Delay: How long in seconds does it take for the cross hair to begin recovering to it's max accuracy after modifiers (if applicable)
Recovery Per Second: How much in centimeters does the accuracy recover, after the recovery delay has been cleared.
[ACTION] Modifier (such as Run, Jump and Sprint Modifier): These are how much the cone of aim scales for each action you're performing. This is NOT affected by the Shot Modifier Cap.
Sprint Delay: This is a stat to prevent sprint-shooting. The longer the time in seconds, the longer it takes for your character to be able to sprint again.

In each of these cases, I will be using the following format:

Hide contents

Problem Statement: The problem. What makes this gun have problems? Why do people have a gripe with it?
My view on a potential solution: My own view of a solution, not including stats of any kind. It's an explanation
My Proposed Solution: The solution in my view that I would propose if I were asked. This includes stat changes. I would clearly outline what these stats affect, and why they should be affected.

And I want to stress before I begin - these are my own opinions. They do not reflect anyone else's opinions but my own, and I've thought of the following changes under my own steam. With that, let's begin.

N-TEC 5

Hide contents

Problem Statement: The NTEC is the universal tool, it's good at CQC, it's good at mid range, and it can reach to longer ranges with IR3. It makes it one of the most, if not the most, used weapons in the game. Usability is not necessary an evil in of itself, but usability must come at a cost, especially with a gun as versatile as the NTEC. The NTEC is as such - too versatile for what it covers.

My view on a potential solution: The NTEC should be reined in, in a small way, just to cap how versatile it can be. It's skill ceiling should be raised slightly for the current output of performance. To this end, it's jumpshooting ability should be clamped, it's Shot Modifier Cap should be raised and it's reload time should be slightly increased.

My Proposed Solution:
Increase Shot Modifier Cap by 0.4 (1.60x -> 2.00x)
Increase Jump Modifier by 4 clicks (12x -> 16x)
Increase Reload Time by 0.1 seconds (2.4 seconds -> 2.5 seconds)

RFP-9

Hide contents

Problem Statement: The RFP-9 was for the longest time the gun that was laughed at. A lot. When guns like the FBW, .45 and even the ACT 44 had good rolls to fill, it was usually seen as a joke gun without a purpose. While it's range increase gave it a very good purpose, it's hipfire ability buff alongside it's recoil pattern being reduced has caused the item to now combat in an area it was never originally designed for. While it can out perform where it's designed to, it can also do it in areas where it shouldn't.

My view on a potential solution: The RFP-9 should be a marksmanship style weapon, it's intentionally designed in that regard. With that in mind, it should become harder to use outside of MM mode, meaning a lot more active effort is required to use it. It's Rate of Burst Fire should be slightly increased, it's hipfire inaccuracy should be increased, and overall, it should be less able to be gunslinging against guns like the FBW/.45 in CQC.

My Proposed Solution:
Increase Run Modifier by 0.7 clicks (1.8x -> 2.5x)
Increase Reload Time by 0.2 seconds (1.6 seconds -> 1.8 seconds)

CSG

Hide contents

Problem Statement: The CSG had been one of the go-to weapons for CQC work and did it very well, however recently has fallen out of favour. And for good reason - there's no reason to use one over the NFAS. It's lost it's originally design philosophy, and needs a makeover to keep itself fresh. It needs to be given a new purpose over the NFAS, while not reaching as big as it did historically.

My view on a potential solution: The CSG had always been about accuracy over the JG, the latter which had always been able to melt people up very close, but not at any significant range. It should be given a slight increase in effective range, it should trade overall damage for reliability, and should be able to be satisfying without being overpowering of items like the OCA-626.

My Proposed Solution:
Increase Effective range by 5 meters (10m -> 15m)
Increase Min Damage range by 5 meters (20m -> 25m)
Decrease Max Health Damage by 40 (620 -> 580)
Decrease Spread at 10m by 5cm (75cm -> 70cm)

NFAS

Hide contents

Problem Statement: The NFAS had always been purported as the automatic close quarter shotgun, intended to compete with a competent user of the JG. This had been true in the rare cases in the past this had happened, but since the JG and CSG both were tweaked, it's caused a plethora of players to break the NFAS backwards and push it into an even more effective CQC gun than it had originally been designed for.

My view on a potential solution: The NFAS should still be a huge force to be reckoned with up close, but it's being easily pushed into the role of a mid range CQC shotgun with IR3 and being able to just scream a room with rounds. It should recieve a slight Rate of Fire decrease, it should have a slightly less pellet damage and it's effective range as a base should be reduced, so that it can be better placed to clear a small room, not a long hallway.

My Proposed Solution:
Decrease Effective range by 5 meters (10m -> 5m)
Decrease Min Damage range by 5 meters (20m -> 15m)
Decrease Max Health Damage by 31 (381 -> 350)
Increase Reload Time by 0.5 seconds (2 seconds -> 2.5 seconds)
Increase Per Shot Modifier by 0.1 (0.20x -> 0.30x)

Obeya CR762

Hide contents

My Proposed Solution:

OBIR

Hide contents

My Proposed Solution:

OCA-626

Reveal hidden contents

Problem Statement: The OCA-626 SMG is the final word on CQC dominance. The gun is very versatile, easy to pick up and easy to start getting kills with. There is another SMG around here some where... what is it again?

My view on a potential solution: The OCA-626 never should've gotten a Rate of Fire buff and accuracy recovery buff when it did - it made no sense. It just made it a much better gun over the PMG. It should have the RoF increase reverted, and clamped by making tactical choices mean a lot more than they do now.

My Proposed Solution:
Increase Fire Interval by 0.006 (0.092 seconds -> 0.098 seconds)
Increase Reload Time by 0.1 seconds (1.9 seconds -> 2.0 seconds)

HVR 762

Reveal hidden contents

Problem Statement: The HVR, love it or hate it, will never leave APB. It's just something that would never be on the cards, especially as it performs a function that no other weapon does - deliver a huge amount of damage to temporarily take out a player, and allow for manouvers from your team to happen. However, that has not given it enough of a purpose to be used unless it's in a very specific set of situations, and the HVR isn't able to give itself the best shot.

My view on a potential solution: The HVR's problem, not unlike the RFP-9, isn't the damage output by itself, it's the method at which the damage is given to the end user. It should have a slight reduction in reload time, it's crouch modifier be increased and recovery delay be increased (to completely remove normal quickswitching), but it's marksman modifier be slightly increased to compensate.

My Proposed Solution:
Decrease Reload Time by 0.2 seconds (3.2 seconds -> 3.0 seconds)
Decrease Marksman Modifier by 0.05 clicks (0.20x -> 0.15x)
Increase Crouch Modifier by 0.1 clicks (0.40x -> 0.50x)
Increase Recovery Delay by 0.15 seconds (0.75 seconds -> 0.90 seconds)
Increase Recovery Per Second by 2.5 cm (10.00cm/s -> 12.50cm/s)

So... that's my opinions, and is my own only. What do you think? Do you agree with what I had? Or did you feel like I was too harsh, or too soft with some of the changes? Remember - these changes are all just theoretical, an attempt to get a mature conversation started on them. It's now up to you all how you all want to proceed.

I'm looking forward to hearing what you all think.

A++ I agree 110%!  Logical and unbiased. Heres someone that is thinking for the game and NOT just himself! That means you are about to be pooped on by the Forum community probably. I would include the FBW to have a shorter range and firing rate. They really like that!

On 5/1/2019 at 5:12 PM, swft said:

The N-TEC definitely needs a jumpshot nerf, also needs a nerf to its ability to burst shoot, the third bullet should bloom out a bit more when doing this, other than that, maybe a magazine size nerf of about 2 bullets (from 32 to 30) would also help nerf it a little bit I guess.

I think you got the wrong problem identified with the RFP, its problem is not the out of MM performance, it's its range. Just as an example, the fact that this gun outguns an N-TEC at medium range the way OBIR is meant to be used instead just goes to show how overpowered this gun really is, specially when paired with a CQC gun. My proposal is to straight up lower its effective range (from 40m to 35m) and maybe make it a bit less accurate (not sure how much in terms of values tbh, it would need to be tested). This would allow for it to still be used in a very decent range while making it less forgiving since it would require more shots to kill at higher ranges.

About the CSG, I honestly think they should straight up revert the latest changes they did to all shotguns for now, maybe re-visit them at a later date.

Totally agree with your point of view about the NFAS, not sure about the values since it's not an easy thing to visualize.

Also agree with your point of view about the Obeya CR762, also not sure about the values.

The OBIR needs a decrease in its ammo capacity from 10 to 7 magazines (240 to 168 bullets) to make it on par with the Obeya CR762 with ~7 magazines (100 bullets). It needs to bloom way more when jumping so it's not pin-point accurate (to make it less quick-switchable in panic situations), other than that maybe increase the fire interval very slightly, not sure about what value though.

Totally agree with your point of view about the OCA-626.

In my honest opinion, I don't think the HVR has a place in this game. This gun should not be allowed to do 850 damage in one shot. Obviously, there are other games where snipers 1 shot people like in CS, but it just never felt right in APB. Most of the times you face an HVR, they are camping far away and only need to shoot you once to make you hide for 15 seconds and I don't think that belongs in APB.

Just my 2 cents about these guns, obviously I didn't spend much time thinking about the values like you probably did, but at least you get a glimpse of my point of view.

I agree fully with you on that RFP!